This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Is Outsider still an active project, or is it over? 
Author Message

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:00 pm
Posts: 329
Post Re: Is Outsider still an active project, or is it over?
This forum have been silent the last few days, very few posts. I hope with can get some activity back.


Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:18 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:01 am
Posts: 306
Post Re: Is Outsider still an active project, or is it over?
Carl Miller wrote:

Readying Amane Weapon.

Image


:|
Is that vacuum cleaner?



RedDwarfIV wrote:
...

Uh.

Aries, could you warm up the hyperdrive please? I have a feeling we need to be in a different universe ASAP. Oh, and, uh, mark this one as 'available for dimension cannon testing'.


Image

Looks like someone is asking for their soul to be obliderated.


Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:46 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:22 pm
Posts: 326
Post Re: Is Outsider still an active project, or is it over?
TrashMan wrote:
RedDwarfIV wrote:
...

Uh.

Aries, could you warm up the hyperdrive please? I have a feeling we need to be in a different universe ASAP. Oh, and, uh, mark this one as 'available for dimension cannon testing'.


Image

Looks like someone is asking for their soul to be obliderated.

Have fun with your compromised hell dimension! I'm out!

*Aries disappears in a flash of white light*

_________________
If every cloud had a silver lining, there would be a lot more plane crashes.


Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:45 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:17 am
Posts: 22
Post Re: Is Outsider still an active project, or is it over?
Ditto..
So someone else hates the W40K universe with the fury of a thousand burning galaxies!!!


Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:59 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:00 pm
Posts: 1080
Location: Athens, Greece
Post Re: Is Outsider still an active project, or is it over?
Sweforce wrote:
This forum have been silent the last few days, very few posts. I hope with can get some activity back.


This might have to do a lot with the drama that is unfolding in the sci-fi world at the moment.

My advice, stay out of it unless you can handle internet stupidity.

_________________
My fan fics

Looking forward to the Mirror (Final Editing)
The pale horse (irregular updates)


Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:21 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:14 am
Posts: 55
Post Re: Is Outsider still an active project, or is it over?
dragoongfa wrote:

This might have to do a lot with the drama that is unfolding in the sci-fi world at the moment.

My advice, stay out of it unless you can handle internet stupidity.


I am not aware of this drama of which you speak. Could you expand on this?

Regarding the update that wasn't, I get the feeling Arioch was desperately trying to beat the "two years with no update" deadline and missing the mark has taken the wind out of his sails. Jim, it's no big deal. Less than or greater than 730 days doesn't change anything.


Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:50 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:00 pm
Posts: 1080
Location: Athens, Greece
Post Re: Is Outsider still an active project, or is it over?
To put a long story short:

People were kind of angry that only writers from a particular company (Tor) and from a particular political leaning (Far left authoritarian) were nominated for and subsequently won Hugo awards for the past few years.

So they banded together back in 2012 and created the Sad Puppies movement to have the sci-fi fandom vote in the Hugo nomination ballot for a diverge range of writers. This year the Sad Puppies literally swept the nominations. The response of Tor and their supporters was to accuse everyone in the Sad Puppies for racism, misogynism and every other ism there is; this includes numerous 'journalistic' hit pieces at prominent writers of the Sad Puppies movement, who despite what the detractors say include numerous women and minorities.

In short, this is the beginning of the Sci-fi equivalent of Atheism+ and GamerGate which is why I advise people to steer clear of everything.

If someone really wants to discuss this take it away from this forum, the mud slinging will be severe and Arioch doesn't need this kind of shit here or elsewhere in his life.

_________________
My fan fics

Looking forward to the Mirror (Final Editing)
The pale horse (irregular updates)


Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:12 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:47 pm
Posts: 15
Post Re: Is Outsider still an active project, or is it over?
I don't have a horse in the Hugo debate (although I do have some friends in the Sad Puppy camp.)

I know of the Eisener Award for comic books. Is there anything like that for web comics? [Trying to derail back on track.]

[pause]

Wikipedia to the rescue.


Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:18 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:51 am
Posts: 51
Post Re: Is Outsider still an active project, or is it over?
On the plus side Dragoongfa, you've made me google 'Gamergate+athiesm Debate'.

I now know another saddening piece of internet trivia. :|


Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:30 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:00 pm
Posts: 1080
Location: Athens, Greece
Post Re: Is Outsider still an active project, or is it over?
Logannion wrote:
On the plus side Dragoongfa, you've made me google 'Gamergate+athiesm Debate'.

I now know another saddening piece of internet trivia. :|


Just don't trust wikipedia on the matter, for Sad Puppies and previous such spectacles, let's say that some stuff are best left to people that don't allow just anyone to edit stuff and don't have an agenda of their own.

My advice as someone who still has a horse in one of the above races: Just stay out of it, for your peace of mind at least. They consume far too much time and draw the attention of people who should be locked in mental asylums but for some reason they are allowed to run wild in the internet.

In short: Stay out of it.

@Zircher

The problem with webcomics is that they are still relatively new and they encompass a vast field of genres.

Proper awards will spring out when the field will mature and various standards/genres will meet widespread acceptance/establishment.

_________________
My fan fics

Looking forward to the Mirror (Final Editing)
The pale horse (irregular updates)


Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:56 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:00 pm
Posts: 329
Post Re: Is Outsider still an active project, or is it over?
dragoongfa wrote:
Sweforce wrote:
This forum have been silent the last few days, very few posts. I hope with can get some activity back.


This might have to do a lot with the drama that is unfolding in the sci-fi world at the moment.

My advice, stay out of it unless you can handle internet stupidity.


I totally missed that. I am a sci-fi fan but why bring politics into? Not that I mind politics but there is some activities that should be politically neutral. :shock:


Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:49 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:00 pm
Posts: 1080
Location: Athens, Greece
Post Re: Is Outsider still an active project, or is it over?
Sweforce wrote:
I totally missed that. I am a sci-fi fan but why bring politics into? Not that I mind politics but there is some activities that should be politically neutral. :shock:


I totally agree on this but some people think that everything is political or shows political leaning, even the personal tastes on a wide range of subjects.

_________________
My fan fics

Looking forward to the Mirror (Final Editing)
The pale horse (irregular updates)


Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:58 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:45 am
Posts: 160
Post Re: Is Outsider still an active project, or is it over?
dragoongfa wrote:
Sweforce wrote:
I totally missed that. I am a sci-fi fan but why bring politics into? Not that I mind politics but there is some activities that should be politically neutral. :shock:


I totally agree on this but some people think that everything is political or shows political leaning, even the personal tastes on a wide range of subjects.


I would have though most people on these forums (like myself) wouldn't give a flying squirrel over such petty squabbles. I just like the story...


Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Posts: 928
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Post Re: Is Outsider still an active project, or is it over?
hi hi

I'm just holding my breath, waiting for some kind of update.


Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:00 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:00 pm
Posts: 329
Post Re: Is Outsider still an active project, or is it over?
icekatze wrote:
hi hi

I'm just holding my breath, waiting for some kind of update.


Me to but it doesn't need to be Arioch's I am very interested in dragoongfa's " Looking forward to the Mirror" for instance and other fanwork is also nice.


Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:42 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:03 am
Posts: 785
Location: Quebec, Canada
Post Re: Is Outsider still an active project, or is it over?
Southern Cross wrote:
Ditto..
So someone else hates the W40K universe with the fury of a thousand burning galaxies!!!


W40k is OP plus human are total jerks.


Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:50 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:01 am
Posts: 306
Post Re: Is Outsider still an active project, or is it over?
Karst45 wrote:
Southern Cross wrote:
Ditto..
So someone else hates the W40K universe with the fury of a thousand burning galaxies!!!


W40k is OP plus human are total jerks.



The galaxy is humanities birthright, you heretic!

Also, EVERYONE in 40K is a jerk, since there is only endless, total war.

*implodes your head from across the galaxy*


Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:33 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:04 pm
Posts: 133
Post Re: Is Outsider still an active project, or is it over?
Logannion wrote:
On the plus side Dragoongfa, you've made me google 'Gamergate+athiesm Debate'.

I now know another saddening piece of internet trivia. :|


Google search is only going to lead you to the wikipedia page, and the numerous hit piece articles by the journalistic clique, that feeds into each other without one bit of actual journalism.

Suffice to say, the "everything is political" camp of the authoritarian left has compromised the neutrality of wikipedia with editors putting their politics into everything.

This feeds into the slacktivist journalist practices of news websites, they just wiki everything, and this in return gives the politically motivated editors on wikipedia to continue adding "new sources" to their articles, while aggressively barring any source that counters any of their politically favored articles.

This is why teachers tell you to not use wikipedia.

icekatz wrote:
I'm just holding my breath, waiting for some kind of update.


I think you're getting a little blue in the face there. ;)


Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:19 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:51 am
Posts: 51
Post Re: Is Outsider still an active project, or is it over?
Quote:
Google search is only going to lead you to the wikipedia page, and the numerous hit piece articles by the journalistic clique, that feeds into each other without one bit of actual journalism.

Suffice to say, the "everything is political" camp of the authoritarian left has compromised the neutrality of wikipedia with editors putting their politics into everything.

This feeds into the slacktivist journalist practices of news websites, they just wiki everything, and this in return gives the politically motivated editors on wikipedia to continue adding "new sources" to their articles, while aggressively barring any source that counters any of their politically favored articles.
Quote:
Logannion wrote:
On the plus side Dragoongfa, you've made me google 'Gamergate+athiesm Debate'.

I now know another saddening piece of internet trivia. :|


Well, simply because I used google doesn't mean I clicked the first link it put down. I read another article, a short one that was quite one-sided and was enough to dissuade me from wanting to get involved. I got the gist, that's all I wanted to get.


Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:12 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:06 pm
Posts: 7
Post Re: Is Outsider still an active project, or is it over?
Do you think the political stuff could be moved to a new thread where it would be more appropriate?

There is reason to be worried about in regards to the future of the webcomic-arioch declaring that he'd be done by Monday 'or be dead' and then dropping off the map. I'd rather not have to wade through political diatribes about 'Sad Puppies' or the 'Authoritarian Left' to get to any pertinent information that might arise.

Thanks.


Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:48 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:19 pm
Posts: 2319
Location: San Jose, CA
Post Re: Is Outsider still an active project, or is it over?
I'm still here and on the map. I'm not dead; it just feels like it sometimes. I was just being melodramatic about the problems I'm going through, and not referring to the status of the comic -- it's not in any danger of being abandoned.

I'll talk more about it when I've got the new page done.

_________________
Outsider


Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:39 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 6:41 pm
Posts: 38
Post Re: Is Outsider still an active project, or is it over?
Thank God! You had me worried, Arioch! Stay safe, and as well as you can!

*anticipation INTENSIFIES*


Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:40 am
Profile YIM

Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:06 pm
Posts: 7
Post Re: Is Outsider still an active project, or is it over?
Thank you for the reply Arioch. I was worried you might have had a mental breakdown or something.

I sincerely hope you pull through whatever it is that's hindering you. Hang in there!


Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:02 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:17 am
Posts: 22
Post Re: Is Outsider still an active project, or is it over?
Seconded.


Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:55 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:38 pm
Posts: 197
Post Re: Is Outsider still an active project, or is it over?
Definitely glad to hear you're among the living, my good sir. Hang in there. :)


Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:59 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Highlord and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.