Ghost in the Shell tribute

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

elorran

Ghost in the Shell tribute

Post by elorran »

For anyone whos not yet seen this you can check out a creative live action take on the intro to the 1995 Ghost in the Shell movie. http://vimeo.com/96559833

It looks like they're still working on the finished piece but this looks quite impressive so far.

For anyone whos unfamiliar with Ghost in the Shell it was originally a "graphic novel" (I know some of you hate it being downgraded to a simple 'comic' :P ) that was later turned into an animated feature film in the mid 90's with later television series and movies in more recent years. The best way to describe Ghost in the Shell is a cross between the films Inception, Ai, and The Matrix with an added serving of CSI television series for good measure. If you can get over the fact that its an animated film (pssh, only kids watch cartoons... right?) then I imagine most of the people here would enjoy it.

Username

Re: Ghost in the Shell tribute

Post by Username »

Quite impressive indeed, I like to consider myself and anime fan, what fan can say that they haven't seen Ghost in The Shell. I was thoroughly impressed with the depth and scope Mamoru Oshii delivered in the original movie. Seeing the kind of work people still go though with for this anime classic is stunning.

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

Heh. I recognize the model they're using for Motoko.

Suzaan

Post by Suzaan »

The Matrix with an added serving