Speculation: What can Humaniti offer the Loroi?

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

dragoongfa

Re: Speculation: What can Humaniti offer the Loroi?

Post by dragoongfa »

Mr.Tucker wrote:
dragoongfa wrote:Unless they realize how absurdly easy it is to gain the loyalty of human males

Of course that goes both ways but you can't have everything
Observing reactions on these forums, and using advanced techniques and equations of statistical extrapolation, I've concluded that the TCA is doomed......
We never had much chance did we ? :lol:

Razor One

Post by Razor One »

dragoongfa wrote:
Mr.Tucker wrote:
dragoongfa wrote:Unless they realize how absurdly easy it is to gain the loyalty of human males

Of course that goes both ways but you can't have everything
Observing reactions on these forums, and using advanced techniques and equations of statistical extrapolation, I've concluded that the TCA is doomed......
We never had much chance did we ? :lol:
Conquest changes the conqueror as much as the conquered though. :P

"We surrender!"

"But we come in peace, humans!"

"We don't care, we surrender!"

"Um, okay?"

The human tears his shirt off.

"We are prepared to become a servile species. One question though."

"What?"

"Your ratio of females to males is 8:1, yes?"

"Yes?"

"And the males of your species require regular... accommodation?"

"Yes..."

"Hooray for servitude!"

"What are you doing?"

"Flexing my muscles."

"You look strange and disgusting. Stop that."

"But..."

"No, continue, I find his proportions fascinating."

"Sister!"

"Now now, this alongside a delicacy called 'chocolate' has me rather enamoured with this new and servile race."

"But..."

"And by inducting them fully into the Loroi Union as a junior member we've effectively increased the ratio of males to females from 8:1 to 3:1."

"T-three to one you say?"

"Stop biting your lip, sister."

"Sh-Shut up! And pass that chocolate!"
SpoilerShow
This is my Mod voice. If you see this in a thread, it means that the time for gentle reminders has passed.

Mr.Tucker

Post by Mr.Tucker »

Quod erat demonstrandum! :D

(runs off into the distance)

Sweforce

Post by Sweforce »

Our military history may bring some useful insights that the Loroi themsef may have missed. Military advisers can thus be of use bringing another point of view to the table. I also suggest an in deep cooperation with the scout corps. Accurate starmaps with jumpzones are useful. I also suggest a modern version of the U2 program. A specially constructed spy vessel with excellent jump drive to allow for jumps far into a system. Really powerful acceleration of 40 of more g's and large fuel tanks and sensor packages. Skip weapons, armour and shields and just dive into enemy systems taking pictures and leave before interceptors can catch up. If it is suspected that the Uniak somehow have acquired their own faarsers, then use human crews exclusively. Besides I suspect that humans are more tolerant of cramped conditions then the loroi prefer on their own vessels.

Cy83r

Post by Cy83r »

You suspect? ;)

Sweforce

Post by Sweforce »

Once it become obvious that the Soia used humans as their basic blueprint for the loroi doctrine will have to change. Basically the barsams are right or at least less wrong. Anyway, there may actually be some ancient soia artifacts in our solar system. We need to start looking. With a bit of luck we may even find out that Ceres isn't really a planetoid/asteroid.

If there is a risk that that loroi space may be overrun by the umiak's, there may be a need for backup colonies way away from loroi union space. There may be a suitable world in the human sphere of influence ore on the other side of it.

Edit: fixed some spelling errors and expanded the post somewhat.