Page 104 discussion.

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

pinheadh78

Page 104 discussion.

Post by pinheadh78 »

I'm not sure what to make of this; the look on Beryl's face seems to be one of either shock or surprise. Tempo joining them was clearly unexpected for Beryl so perhaps she wont be able to talk as openly as she originally planned http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/outsider101.html with Tempo there monitoring her.

I wonder if Tempo is joining them by her own choice or also to get out of the way of StillStorm as one commentator alluded too in that Tempo is near the top of StillStorms S*** list at this point.

First again! I win again!! I wonder if I can get 3/3 turkey next

Sweforce

Re: Page 104 discussion.

Post by Sweforce »

pinheadh78 wrote:I'm not sure what to make of this; the look on Beryl's face seems to be one of either shock or surprise. Tempo joining them was clearly unexpected for Beryl so perhaps she wont be able to talk as openly as she originally planned http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/outsider101.html with Tempo there monitoring her.

I wonder if Tempo is joining them by her own choice or also to get out of the way of StillStorm as one commentator alluded too in that Tempo is near the top of StillStorms S*** list at this point.

First again! I win again!! I wonder if I can get 3/3 turkey next
Unexpected by Beryl yes but seen from a mile away by the rest of us. I guess that Beryl are not very good at keeping secrets, she remembers them but they really will not be secrets anymore. That is Tempo's field of expertise so she kept Beryl in the blind. Tempo as an intelligence officer probably have the skills to manipulate Stillstorm to believe that letting Tempo go was her own idea.

Alex debriefing and Beryl's study of some earth language (English?) can soon commence. Beryl may believe this is for cultural exchange and this is of course partly true but the real reason if of course intelligence. Learn the language, understand how to operate human made computers and try to fix some smashed up ones from Bellermine if possible. Convince Alex that this is a good idea, so information can be downloaded from the ships database and screened. Actually if Tempo where to see what the Bellarmine saw about the attacking ship from some ship log much could be understood. Alex didn't see but we did, a boxy locking ship with conventional engines. Not a typical loroi configuration and it didn't look Umiak. Could be one of their allies or a false flag operation thou.

DawnPaladin

Post by DawnPaladin »

Yeah, looking back at page 90 and page 71, I'm gonna say Tempo is not in the Commander's good graces any more. :lol: Something in Tempo's little speech about the Loroi understanding loss, perhaps. Or maybe the Commander just doesn't like it when the diplomatic officer decides who will be allowed on the flight deck?

Sorus

Post by Sorus »

I am so very jazzed that Outsider is updating again.

... even if I'm cursing it by saying so.

dragoongfa

Post by dragoongfa »

Ah Beryl's face in that fourth panel screams:

"Where will you be when your food starts violently disagreeing with you?"

"That Taco seemed like a good idea ten minutes ago."

EDIT: Also Alex didn't take long to sit down; so the window theory goes out.

pinheadh78

Post by pinheadh78 »

Cool kids sit in the back of the bus... look where the security team choose to sit. But really by sitting in the back the have a field of view that covers everyone else in the shuttle and both entrances plus pilot area.

Skaro

Post by Skaro »

Nice, not one but two pages since my last visit. 8-)

Sweforce

Post by Sweforce »

pinheadh78 wrote:Cool kids sit in the back of the bus... look where the security team choose to sit. But really by sitting in the back the have a field of view that covers everyone else in the shuttle and both entrances plus pilot area.
Precisely and look how Fireblade points with her arm. She orders them where to sit. Herself most likely, she will near the action in the front.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Page 104? :shock: Didn't see that one coming so soon. What a nice surprise! :)

Aside from that, Beryl maybe told him a bit too much.
Is that Shoegirl behind Tempo in panel 5?
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Sweforce

Post by Sweforce »

Suederwind wrote:Page 104? :shock: Didn't see that one coming so soon. What a nice surprise! :)

Aside from that, Beryl maybe told him a bit too much.
Is that Shoegirl behind Tempo in panel 5?
Of course it is the shoegirl, the true force behind what is happening here. All hail the shoegirl!

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

THAT COBBLER IS A SPY
Don't delay, join today!

kclcmdr

Post by kclcmdr »

Good update.

Now we wait and see on whether Alec realizes that if what Beryl stated about her being transferred off to get out of her commander's sight also applies to Tempo and Fireblade likewise...

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

Now I wonder if everyone been close with Alex is sended with the ship.
Or processed other way.
Supporter of forum RPG

Sweforce

Post by Sweforce »

bunnyboy wrote:Now I wonder if everyone been close with Alex is sended with othe ship.
Or processed other way.
The background fluff have info about Talon (former fighter pilot) turned shuttle pilot so I guess she will be flying them. Also Ashrain is the only ship commander beside Stillstorm that are mentioned there. Why is that and why does she alone wear an amplifier on her head? My guess she are not done with this story yet.

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

bunnyboy wrote:Now I wonder if everyone been close with Alex is sended with the ship.
Or processed other way.
Personally probably to keep him calm, he is a sole survivor and keeping as many kind faces around is constructive to his psyche. Tempo and Beryl were the only people to speak kindly to him. I honestly think he may have a connection with them, even if he would deny it.

cacambo43

Post by cacambo43 »

How short is normal sanzai range, then, if Beryl had no idea Tempo was coming? Or is the current consensus that Tempo and Stillstorm shielded it from others?

I think the one person Alex should trust the least is Tempo - they've already told him that spoken language is seen as deception, and she's had the most to say (the panels with her talking to Alex are the closest to "wall-o-text" I've seen in the comic to this point).

CJSF

cacambo43

Post by cacambo43 »

I mean, really, at this point alarms should be going off in Alex's head - Tempo's well crafted elucidation to him and her cutting off Mozin's comment, Kikitik-27's comments. It's all very suspicious to me, and I expect it would be to him. Of course, he's also sleep deprived, probably malnourished (if not starving), and who knows what drugs they managed to get into him at some point. He's already told them his support ship was "a few jumps behind," which narrows down the Loroi finding it. I don't buy that finding it would be too low a priority, even given the desperate state of the war. Alex's appearance on the scene and what it could mean are too huge to ignore the chance of capturing many more humans (male AND female), intact.

Keep 'em rolling, Arioch! This is going to be good!

CJSF

dragoongfa

Post by dragoongfa »

@cacambo43

Even 10 jumps back means a huge area to cover, let's say that one average each of those systems had jump points that lead to just 3 systems. With some simple maths the probability of finding the exact system that Prabhu is in falls to single digits before exploring a 5 jump radius.

As for Sanzai range, the insider says that on average it is 100 meters but that is the Sanzai range, not the detection range. For detection the range could be somewhat different. My hypothesis is that Tempo is trying to test if Alex is somehow a telepath and as such she hid herself from detection while trying to probe him from a distance.

Also the one who said that 'words are tools for deception' is Stillstorm who for all intents and purposes represents a very militant side of the Loroi.

Rookie17

Post by Rookie17 »

Holy shit. A new page so FAST! I need a beer.

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

Rookie17 wrote:Holy shit. A new page so FAST! I need a beer.
Tell me about it I thought iot would be 2017 when 104 came around!