Uncanny resemblance.

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Arioch
Site Admin

Re: Uncanny resemblance.

Post by Arioch »

Paragon wrote:It's funny I didn't really consider Jinto to be the protagonist. He's not, Abriel is. Jinto is the viewpoint character, but his role is a supporting one.
I actually just recently watched about the first half of the series again, up to midway through Banner of the Stars (at which point the re-re-rehashing of scenes and pointless dialogue gets really tiring).

It's true that Lafiel is the "main" character in the sense that the action is "about" her, and Jinto is the viewpoint character, but he's also the character with whom the reader is supposed to identify, so in that sense he's the protagonist. He's also the character that makes choices (although that choice is limited to whether to follow Lafiel or not), whereas while Lafiel is very capable, she doesn't really have any meaningful choices, she's just busy doing her duty like a good little Abh. So I guess it depends on your definition of the term.