Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Outsider Patreon Page 
Site Admin

Post Outsider Patreon Page
A number of you over the ages have suggested the creation of a Patreon page, and now that I have a few new pages up I've taken the time to create one. You can find it here:

https://www.patreon.com/AriochIV

If you have suggestions for pledge rewards and the like, I'd be interested to hear them.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:36 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Outsider Patreon Page
Signed up. As for rewards my first suggestion would be dig around other webcomic ones and see what they are offering, maybe even contact them and ask how their stuff works out.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:36 pm

The current link from the main page doesn't seem to fit so I played around with some variants that might fit better: https://imgur.com/a/8T4xY

Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:59 pm

Thank you for making a Patron website for us to donate to, Arioch! Your artwork and story are brilliant and deserves to be funded.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:30 pm
Site Admin

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Eluvatar wrote:
The current link from the main page doesn't seem to fit so I played around with some variants that might fit better: https://imgur.com/a/8T4xY

The current icon is deliberately of a non-conforming color so that it catches the eye; I do want people to notice the change. I will probably eventually replace it with something in more proper colors.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:12 pm
Profile WWW

Signed up, as well. Its nice to be able to support you and the comic better.

Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:04 am

And here I am, still in a country under self imposed capital controls.

I feel dirty...

Looking forward to the Mirror (Final Editing)
The pale horse (irregular updates)

Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:39 am

I have recently been "robbed" by a relative down on her luck (a sister, I got three of them!). And then the "promise to pay back" coworker so I am currently a bit strapped for cash. A small donation that gets increased later should be doable thou. I am already a pledged supporter of two internet personalities on paytreon. I see what I can do. Until then I hope the $100 I sent this summer helped.

I signed up for 1 dollar a page so far. Will increase later.

Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:32 am

I've given a pledge; hope that this helps you out.

Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:06 am

Consider me pledged.

This is my Mod voice. If you see this in a thread, it means that the time for gentle reminders has passed.

Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:25 am

Very nice to see this go up. Can't currently chip in, but you can bet I will as soon as I can.

For perks, two come to mind based on some other comic patreons. First, access to votes on bonus things, like who gets featured in the next holiday pinup. You make the list of options, so you're not hostage to the pure whim and id of the masses. Second, cameos. It seems likely that we'll have plenty of scenes with 'extras' in the background that don't have any story role but to fill out the background and won't ever recur, so you could sell off the chance for some design input on one. It doesn't have to be an involved back and forth, and obviously it can be subject to your approval. So long as you're upfront about it being subject to approval, I don't think anyone could really object to you vetoing "Rainbow mohawked Teidar built like The Rock" as an cameo submission.

Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:48 am

I'm happy to report I've made a patreon account just for this occasion, and I'm currently supporting the only patreon initiative I'm likely to ever support.

Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:44 pm

Thanks for doing this! Will the $5 tier include the lossless PNGs for all pages, or just the pages funded with Patreon?

Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:52 pm
Site Admin

Douggernaut wrote:
Thanks for doing this! Will the $5 tier include the lossless PNGs for all pages, or just the pages funded with Patreon?

I'll make the previous pages available as well, though it may take a little time.

Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:05 pm
Profile WWW

I'm in for $5, Arioch. Keep up the good work!

CJSF

Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:30 pm
Profile WWW

Arioch, just out of curiosity, now that you are making (a small amount of) income from the comic, have you considered advertising it?

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:20 pm
Site Admin

malletmann wrote:
Arioch, just out of curiosity, now that you are making (a small amount of) income from the comic, have you considered advertising it?

I think I have a ways to go in terms of establishing a record of regular updates before I can worry about things like that.

My limited experience with advertising is that you have to put quite a lot of money into it before you see significant results.

Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:17 pm
Profile WWW

Yeah, also it's sort of a chicken and egg thing as far as money goes. If you advertise you HAVE to be able to pump out steady pages until the campaign is done. Because if someone sees an ad and the last update on the home page was 6 months ago they might just leave there.

Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:49 pm

Quote:
For perks, two come to mind based on some other comic patreons. First, access to votes on bonus things, like who gets featured in the next holiday pinup. You make the list of options, so you're not hostage to the pure whim and id of the masses. Second, cameos. It seems likely that we'll have plenty of scenes with 'extras' in the background that don't have any story role but to fill out the background and won't ever recur, so you could sell off the chance for some design input on one. It doesn't have to be an involved back and forth, and obviously it can be subject to your approval. So long as you're upfront about it being subject to approval, I don't think anyone could really object to you vetoing "Rainbow mohawked Teidar built like The Rock" as an cameo submission.

Ooh, Siber's idea is good. I second that.

Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:37 am

A few years ago I posted on this forum that if Arioch setup a Patreon account then I would donate. Now there is an account and I have pledged to start things off. Best of luck that things work out; if nothing else it at least gives some more regular income for updates but I'd be OK with a month-by-month system too.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:16 pm

Hello Arioch, I have just become a pledge.
Based on past experience, I would make the lowest pledge possible $2.00, as nearly all of the $1.00 pledges get sucked up in processing fees by Patreon.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:18 pm

I did the thing. The postcard sketch sounds tempting--might have to do that when I'm a little more liquid. In the meantime, glad to see stuff happening!

Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:37 am

I just increased to $5! I am a bit overweight anyways. :lol:

Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:28 am

Arioch,

Might I suggest that you change the link to the Patreon page to go to the "home" page rather than the creator posts page, at least until you have creator posts?

CJSF

Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:22 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

It does go to the home page for me, but the URL is somewhat generic. I've changed the links to that they're more specific.

Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:43 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next