Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Outsider Patreon Page 
Author Message

Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 2:14 am
Posts: 446
Post Re: Outsider Patreon Page
I just hope Arioch accounted for the fees Patreon and the like take, for transferring the money from one account to the other when he set the goal of 600.
Not everyone actually pays the full committed amount (due to patreon total monthly limits, or because the money cannot be collected by Patreon).

_________________
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image


Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:46 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:00 pm
Posts: 1065
Location: Athens, Greece
Post Re: Outsider Patreon Page
Patreon has changed its pledge display to account for most of that stuff.

EDIT: Also this means that people can now bitch to Arioch about the schedule :twisted:

_________________
My fan fics

Looking forward to the Mirror (Final Editing)
The pale horse (irregular updates)


Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:15 pm
Posts: 43
Post Re: Outsider Patreon Page
Consider this post to be me bitching about the schedule. :ugeek:


Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:02 pm
Posts: 26
Location: Evil Empire
Post Re: Outsider Patreon Page
Durabys wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen!
I just outsourced Arioch's Patreon finance problems to SpaceBattles!

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads ... on.396774/

Hopefully it will get him over the $600 (first) stretch goal and we get juicy comic story picture bits. :D


This is... genius!
Image

_________________
My literacy is cringe-fest... Apologies for what you're about to read.


Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:13 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 746
Post Re: Outsider Patreon Page
Wow! Finally some good news today! 8-)

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:24 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:57 am
Posts: 112
Location: Czech republic
Post Re: Outsider Patreon Page
Chekist_Felix wrote:
Durabys wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen!
I just outsourced Arioch's Patreon finance problems to SpaceBattles!

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads ... on.396774/

Hopefully it will get him over the $600 (first) stretch goal and we get juicy comic story picture bits. :D


This is... genius!
Image

This morning it was $40 below the First Stretch Goal. In two hours it got more money then in the last two months!

..and they said explosions and biggatons don't work!!! :evil:

I PROVED THEM WRONG! I PROVED THEM ALL WRONG! :twisted:

_________________
Si vis pacem, para bellum. - If you wish for peace, prepare for war.


Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:52 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:00 pm
Posts: 1065
Location: Athens, Greece
Post Re: Outsider Patreon Page
And someone just cut back their pledge and it is at 595$

_________________
My fan fics

Looking forward to the Mirror (Final Editing)
The pale horse (irregular updates)


Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:21 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:19 pm
Posts: 2308
Location: San Jose, CA
Post Re: Outsider Patreon Page
The $40 was a single pledge. I'd be surprised if it stayed that large for long. Also, most contributors put a monthly cap on their pledges, so only the first page each month earns the full pledged amount, and each subsequent page in the same month earns progressively less.

The pledges come and go and the number rises and falls, but the encouraging thing is that it's still moving in a positive direction, even though I haven't updated recently. I'm very pleased with and grateful for how the Patreon has performed.

_________________
Outsider


Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:22 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:57 am
Posts: 112
Location: Czech republic
Post Re: Outsider Patreon Page
Arioch wrote:
The $40 was a single pledge. I'd be surprised if it stayed that large for long. Also, most contributors put a monthly cap on their pledges, so only the first page each month earns the full pledged amount, and each subsequent page in the same month earns progressively less.

The pledges come and go and the number rises and falls, but the encouraging thing is that it's still moving in a positive direction, even though I haven't updated recently. I'm very pleased with and grateful for how the Patreon has performed.

Do you think you will ever get to a 'page every two days' speed? :(

_________________
Si vis pacem, para bellum. - If you wish for peace, prepare for war.


Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:32 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:00 pm
Posts: 327
Post Re: Outsider Patreon Page
Durabys wrote:
Arioch wrote:
The $40 was a single pledge. I'd be surprised if it stayed that large for long. Also, most contributors put a monthly cap on their pledges, so only the first page each month earns the full pledged amount, and each subsequent page in the same month earns progressively less.

The pledges come and go and the number rises and falls, but the encouraging thing is that it's still moving in a positive direction, even though I haven't updated recently. I'm very pleased with and grateful for how the Patreon has performed.

Do you think you will ever get to a 'page every two days' speed? :(


I hope not. At that speed quality would drop.


Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:58 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:19 pm
Posts: 2308
Location: San Jose, CA
Post Re: Outsider Patreon Page
Well, let's see what can be done.

It's a unique opportunity.

_________________
Outsider


Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:00 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:15 am
Posts: 8
Location: Mckinleyville CA
Post Re: Outsider Patreon Page
Ok, I fixed it.


Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:16 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:57 am
Posts: 112
Location: Czech republic
Post Re: Outsider Patreon Page
Arioch wrote:
Well, let's see what can be done.

It's a unique opportunity.

Then take it and at least for a month threw updates at us as fast as you can. Later you can slow down to perhaps two updates per week. But if you start to bring new content quickly more people will hear that there is this awesome webcomic that is active now and has a great fanbase and all and coem to read it and then some of them also giving you their money. Starting an avalanche. You must actually DO something productive to increase the income flow from Patreon.

_________________
Si vis pacem, para bellum. - If you wish for peace, prepare for war.


Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:11 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:59 pm
Posts: 40
Post Re: Outsider Patreon Page
Wow, its there. :D


Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:07 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:01 pm
Posts: 357
Post Re: Outsider Patreon Page
I've actually tried introducing some of my friends to Outsider. They've all been reluctant to read it because I say it's so good, yet it's been going on since 2001 and 112 pages are all there is of it; they don't want to fall in love with something and then go "Okay, so when should I look forward to the next page," and hear "probably April of 2017."

At this point, it's a bit of a catch-22.


Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:41 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:00 pm
Posts: 1065
Location: Athens, Greece
Post Re: Outsider Patreon Page
If you think that it is hard to sell Outsider to friends imagine how it is selling it to Channers.

_________________
My fan fics

Looking forward to the Mirror (Final Editing)
The pale horse (irregular updates)


Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:17 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:01 pm
Posts: 357
Post Re: Outsider Patreon Page
dragoongfa wrote:
If you think that it is hard to sell Outsider to friends imagine how it is selling it to Channers.


About as hard as selling them on the idea that anthro races are okay, I imagine?


Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:20 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:00 pm
Posts: 1065
Location: Athens, Greece
Post Re: Outsider Patreon Page
That depends if they have a containment board for that kind of thing :P

_________________
My fan fics

Looking forward to the Mirror (Final Editing)
The pale horse (irregular updates)


Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:39 am
Posts: 179
Location: The Space Coast
Post Re: Outsider Patreon Page
I'm all for getting the updates in gear, but if you throw them at us too fast, some people might balk at the debits to their accounts!

CJSF


Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:57 am
Posts: 112
Location: Czech republic
Post Re: Outsider Patreon Page
Arioch wrote:
Well, let's see what can be done.

It's a unique opportunity.

The following pretty much sums up EVERYTHING that is wrong with Outsider:
ShadowDragon8685 wrote:
I've actually tried introducing some of my friends to Outsider. They've all been reluctant to read it because I say it's so good, yet it's been going on since 2001 and 112 pages are all there is of it; they don't want to fall in love with something and then go "Okay, so when should I look forward to the next page," and hear "probably April of 2017."

At this point, it's a bit of a catch-22.

@Arioch
PLEASE! YOU MUST START TO THROW OUT NEW UPDATES ASAP!

_________________
Si vis pacem, para bellum. - If you wish for peace, prepare for war.


Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:08 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:33 pm
Posts: 673
Post Re: Outsider Patreon Page
Durabys wrote:
Arioch wrote:
The $40 was a single pledge. I'd be surprised if it stayed that large for long. Also, most contributors put a monthly cap on their pledges, so only the first page each month earns the full pledged amount, and each subsequent page in the same month earns progressively less.

The pledges come and go and the number rises and falls, but the encouraging thing is that it's still moving in a positive direction, even though I haven't updated recently. I'm very pleased with and grateful for how the Patreon has performed.

Do you think you will ever get to a 'page every two days' speed? :(
I believe that the sets sometimes require more time than that to produce. To put things into perspective, games used to come out after a few months, but now come out after several years: the change was not in the programming (much of the work used to be done in straight assembly, after all), or even in the length and complexity of story (though that has increased, and would have slowed things down: Super Mario was a very simple story), but instead in the greatly increased amount of art assets: the majority of the staff for any modern 3d game is various types of artist.


Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:14 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.