Page 108 & 109 Discussion

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

fredgiblet

Page 108 & 109 Discussion

Post by fredgiblet »

Looks like it's time for an info dump. Now we get to hear the official Loroi version of the war's history.

dragoongfa

Re: Page 108 Discussion

Post by dragoongfa »

Yep, my suspicions that Tempo is going full out on attempting to prove what Alex truly is have a solid basis.

Her phrasing and way of with holding things is a sight to behold.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Oh gods...!! Whenever Tempo flashes those bedroom eyes in that sly sultry way...

I COMPLETELY LOOSE IT!

:lol:
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Razor One

Post by Razor One »

The Trinity is love.

The Trinity is life.
SpoilerShow
This is my Mod voice. If you see this in a thread, it means that the time for gentle reminders has passed.

icekatze

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

I notice that Tempo doesn't let Beryl explain what the Mizol are there for. ;)

I keep wondering what her angle is. I'm leaning towards she's telling the truth, but it feels like she's avoiding something at the same time. (Not that Alex isn't also avoiding something.)

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

She's likely avoiding that their job as spies.

Razor One

Post by Razor One »

Yeah, she very clearly avoids mentioning that part of her job description in favour of painting herself as a diplomat.

The reason seems fairly sensible and obvious; if she tells him she's a spook he'll be less likely to relax and divulge potentially important information. She's not even lying to him, she's just choosing to put forward certain facts ahead of others.
SpoilerShow
This is my Mod voice. If you see this in a thread, it means that the time for gentle reminders has passed.

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

And exactly that is what Mizol are trained in: speaking the truth, yet in a manner that makes you believe something which is not the full truth.

Anyway: good question, Alex. I'm looking forward to the next page with a wall of text.
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123, after the battle page 195

Sweforce

Post by Sweforce »

Krulle wrote:And exactly that is what Mizol are trained in: speaking the truth, yet in a manner that makes you believe something which is not the full truth.

Anyway: good question, Alex. I'm looking forward to the next page with a wall of text.
If a Mizol ends up stranded on earth, the jobs as salesmen or politican lays open. :mrgreen:

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

I think Alex has connected the dots. He's an intelligent man and she's clearly spelling out that she's more then she seems without outright saying the words.

Like she's trying to make this part of her job clear to him without looking like she's aiding a potentially dangerous race of demi-loroi, which is considerate, i guess. Still, it's more subtle then having the Listel spell it out.

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

If you check back here tomorrow, I should have a surprise for you.
Hmm...
Don't delay, join today!

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

0 in August, 1 in September, 1 in October, 2 in November,....
Hello Leonardo!

I wonder why Patreons should get their thank-yous on the home page and not on the patreon page....
Not that I mind, but it seems weird to ask Patreons to come to the outsider comic homepage instead of the patreons page.
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123, after the battle page 195

dragoongfa

Post by dragoongfa »

So more Readers will be interested in becoming Patreons :P

Provided that Patreon posts and WIP sketches come up with frequency as well as the other milestones then giving a small gift to everyone may convince more regular readers to chip in.

Razor One

Post by Razor One »

Stillstorm dressed as a pirate. A space pirate! And looking like she enjoys a life of plunder and booty immensely.

That would please me greatly. The Holy Trinity is love, and the Holy Trinity is life, but sometimes I think the other characters get a bit neglected from time to time.
SpoilerShow

Eluvatar

Post by Eluvatar »

It should be interesting to compare Tempo's narrative with the Insider's.

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

Eluvatar wrote:It should be interesting to compare Tempo's narrative with the Insider's.
Yes it should be plus arioch comments on the war in the forum too.

As well I can understand Tempos recutlance to describe her role, as most intel organization are hesitant. The Mizol are part naval Intel, part secret police and polically active since the rise of the fourth emperor. What I'm looking forward too is Tempo and Beryl going back and forth on the wars history should be interesting, with each giving their point of view. The military version vs the official historic version respectfully.
I am a wander, going from place to place without a home I am a NOMAD

Siber

Post by Siber »

I wouldn't expect Temp and Beryl to differ too much, except in subtlety of delivery. The official version is the military version in a military dictatorship, and in this case a Mizol is in charge of the military to boot. And Beryl is younger than the war, younger even than the current administration(14, 25, and 20 respectively), so she won't even have her own memories of how things started to color the official version she was taught.
Atomic Space Race, a hard sci-fi orbital mechanics puzzle game.
Homeworld Fulcrum, a Homeworld Remastered Mod

Arioch
Site Admin

Re: Page 108 & 109 Discussion

Post by Arioch »

Krulle wrote:I wonder why Patreons should get their thank-yous on the home page and not on the patreon page....
Not that I mind, but it seems weird to ask Patreons to come to the outsider comic homepage instead of the patreons page.
By "thank-yous" do you mean the page image itself? I can attach the image to the Patreon post, but in either case it's just one click away.

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

4 times in 1 month? The end times are surely upon us.

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

Well it certainly sounds like Tempo is being honest so far.