System Shock 3

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Hālian

System Shock 3

Post by Hālian »

I know I'm late, but GET HYPE SON

Don't delay, join today!

Grayhome

Re: System Shock 3

Post by Grayhome »

Looks good!

Razor One

Post by Razor One »

This is relevant to my interests.

Hopefully it's good, because if it turns out like Bioshock I'm gonna be sorely disappointed.
SpoilerShow
This is my Mod voice. If you see this in a thread, it means that the time for gentle reminders has passed.

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

For some reason I've never played any of the System Shock or Bioshock games. I know they were reviewed favorably and well-liked, I just never saw anything that interested me.

Mr Bojangles

Post by Mr Bojangles »

@Arioch

What sorts of games interest you? Just based on what I've read in your comic and your comments here in the forums, I think you would find the System Shock games at least a little entertaining. Definitely not your standard action-y FPS. To each their own, of course.

And, yes, I am also very interested in seeing if Otherside can continue the legacy.

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

Personally I am not interested in FirstPersonShooters at all.

I prefer strategy games (CIV, MoO,...), or adventure games (specifically StarControl / The Ur-Quan Masters).
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123, after the battle page 195

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

Mr Bojangles wrote:What sorts of games interest you? Just based on what I've read in your comic and your comments here in the forums, I think you would find the System Shock games at least a little entertaining. Definitely not your standard action-y FPS.
I enjoy a variety of game types. I read a positive review System Shock when it came out, but the visuals and cyberpunk setting didn't really appeal to me. I had played Ultima Underworld, which I wasn't all that thrilled with.

1994 was a loooong time ago. :D

discord

Post by discord »

system shock 2, the only game ever to creep the *bleep* out of me, 'nuf said.
first half of the game is brilliant, the latter half....not so much, due mostly to technical limitations to be honest since the 3d of the era simply could not do bio gunk well.

verdict.
cautiously optimistic.

Mr Bojangles

Post by Mr Bojangles »

Arioch wrote:
Mr Bojangles wrote:What sorts of games interest you? Just based on what I've read in your comic and your comments here in the forums, I think you would find the System Shock games at least a little entertaining. Definitely not your standard action-y FPS.
I enjoy a variety of game types. I read a positive review System Shock when it came out, but the visuals and cyberpunk setting didn't really appeal to me. I had played Ultima Underworld, which I wasn't all that thrilled with.

1994 was a loooong time ago. :D
Oh, man, I'd forgotten about Ultima Underworld. Yeah, if you weren't impressed with that, you probably wouldn't be too enamored of the original System Shock.

1994 was a damn long time ago... :P

RedDwarfIV

Post by RedDwarfIV »

If you don't want to actually play it, I recommend SFDebris' Freeman's Mind style Let's Play of it, where he pretends to be the main character. He also did some episodes talking about the game mechanics and plot.
If every cloud had a silver lining, there would be a lot more plane crashes.

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

Is very excite. I hope it's not garbage. I'll expect an MP only bro shooter, that way I can't be disappointed!