Page 110!

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

icekatze

Re: Page 110!

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

I'd wager that Cloud is almost certainly an insider. Perhaps the most insidery insider you could find. Who else could take someone's shoes and give them away to a total stranger and suffer no comeuppance? The insiderest person, that's who. :D

cacambo43

Post by cacambo43 »

I thought they were her size shoes, not her actual shoes... as in Beryl had them manufactured to that size. I am guessing it wouldn't be that big of a technological burden to 3D print (or some other technology) clothing items that might wear out, on demand.

CJSF

dragoongfa

Post by dragoongfa »

cacambo43 wrote:I thought they were her size shoes, not her actual shoes... as in Beryl had them manufactured to that size. I am guessing it wouldn't be that big of a technological burden to 3D print (or some other technology) clothing items that might wear out, on demand.

CJSF
The problem is the color, exact same color as a Teidar's armor. If it could manufactured on the spot then they could pick an other color. I think that Alex is wearing one of Fireblade's spares.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Bet Fireblade is pondering wryly, 'What's next.. my crewsuit or undergarments?'
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Random Person

Post by Random Person »

Those last panels are very much LOL wut?

Very minor thing, Arioch, the shading on the seam on Alex's left shoulder in the third panel doesn't quite line up the way it looks like it should. It's shaded so that the deepest point of it isn't the line of the seam itself. Just something to fix if you ever go through and do some touch-ups.
Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down? It's not my department. -Wernher von Braun

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

cacambo43 wrote:I thought they were her size shoes, not her actual shoes... as in Beryl had them manufactured to that size. I am guessing it wouldn't be that big of a technological burden to 3D print (or some other technology) clothing items that might wear out, on demand.

CJSF
Interresting concept, if in the mist of a battle your quarter get destroyed along with your cloat you can "print" a new set instead of waiting 10 month for ressuply.

other option is "paint on" cloth. It the most viable and economical solution for loroi! *drool*

Random Person

Post by Random Person »

Karst45 wrote:

CJSF
Interresting concept, if in the mist of a battle your quarter get destroyed along with your cloat you can "print" a new set instead of waiting 10 month for ressuply.

other option is "paint on" cloth. It the most viable and economical solution for loroi! *drool*
Alternatively, they have a storeroom with miscellaneous supplies and spares.
Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down? It's not my department. -Wernher von Braun

Michael

Post by Michael »

So Politics puts her to sleep. Good to know! XD

And as a test to see who else remembers, and to show we'll never forget the famous slip of the fingers....Telepanties. That is all!! ::Flees for another year::
CJ Miller: How many millions must be banned before we stop having pointless arguments on the Internet?
fredgiblet: ALL OF THEM! Our banhammers will blot out the sun!
CptWinters: Then we will troll in the shade.!

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

Michael wrote:So Politics puts her to sleep. Good to know! XD

And as a test to see who else remembers, and to show we'll never forget the famous slip of the fingers....Telepanties. That is all!! ::Flees for another year::

Yes yes some of use were HOPING it was forgotten. Grrrrrrrrrr Micheal. Whimper whimper
I am a wander, going from place to place without a home I am a NOMAD

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

I think Tempo certainly noticed before Alex did that Beryl had fallen asleep. In cell three she even looks like she's leaning forward to regard Beryl fallen asleep, but her expression 'seems' to be focused on Alex... perhaps she is starting to see what Beryl finds so charming in our hero?

He does not get defensive or bored but starts asking relevant questions... in her area of expertise.. not only is he scientifically minded but also politically adept! Tempo is not quite smiling at him but is definitely interested in his responses...she is clearly measuring Alex up.

The next page should be VERY interesting! :)
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Michael

Post by Michael »

fredgiblet wrote:
Grayhome wrote:Ashrain: cast out by her family to triumph or die.
Ashrain requested transfer to the front lines.
I think it'd be fair to say Ashrain is an outsider because of her family relation and previous posting. She requested transfer from the Imperial Guard (or something), specifically the regiment that guarded the Emperor, who also happens to be her cousin. The transfer request was to earn her place, which is odd considering that Stillstorm is out of favor with Greywind, isn't she? I may have made that up in my head....

NOMAD wrote:
Michael wrote:So Politics puts her to sleep. Good to know! XD

Yes yes some of use were HOPING it was forgotten. Grrrrrrrrrr Micheal. Whimper whimper
It's too damn funny to forget XD
CJ Miller: How many millions must be banned before we stop having pointless arguments on the Internet?
fredgiblet: ALL OF THEM! Our banhammers will blot out the sun!
CptWinters: Then we will troll in the shade.!

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

I have to say that I had to find out what this reference meant.
It was a very nice typo, and a whole lot of jokes attached to....

Errors like this happen, and make life that much sweeter!
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123, after the battle page 195

SVlad

Post by SVlad »

Looks like on this page Alex lost his Scout Corps insignia from the sleeve.
Outsider in Russian

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

Michael wrote:
fredgiblet wrote:
Grayhome wrote:Ashrain: cast out by her family to triumph or die.
Ashrain requested transfer to the front lines.
I think it'd be fair to say Ashrain is an outsider because of her family relation and previous posting. She requested transfer from the Imperial Guard (or something), specifically the regiment that guarded the Emperor, who also happens to be her cousin. The transfer request was to earn her place, which is odd considering that Stillstorm is out of favor with Greywind, isn't she? I may have made that up in my head....
She is, but it makes perfect sense. If she was transferred to Greywind's bestest buddy then they would probably coddle her. Stillstorm will at best treat her no different, at worst give her more dangerous assignments that will test her mettle.