What to Do with Jardin (Fan Fic)

A spot for collections of Outsider-related original fan fiction and related works.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

DavalKatro

Re: What to Do with Jardin (Fan Fic)

Post by DavalKatro »

Just finished reading everything in this thread. Interesting stuff.

Jethreuel

Post by Jethreuel »

Are there any plans to continue updating this story or the star trek outsider fanfic?

entity2636

Post by entity2636 »

Well, necroposting FTW, of course, but this looks to me like a gemstone grade story after ShadowDragon took over. Very detailed, well thought through, IMO fits well in canon and is interesting and reads well. I liked the attention to fine detail, the atmosphere, the characters' internal monologues and thoughts, the dialogue and military jargon, just the right amount of humor, everything just works.

Good stuff, and it would be a waste if ShadowDragon just abandoned it.

ShadowDragon appears to still be active on the forum, so, maybe, if enough people get his attention, he could be persuaded into continuing this story? ;) Though might be tough to get going again after two years since the last installment....

ShadowDragon8685

Post by ShadowDragon8685 »

The muse, she is a fickle thing. Recently I've been working on a Megaman X fanfic. Regarding WtDwJ, I still like the idea, but towards the end I was starting to feel very dissatisfied with basically needing to have co-opted the OP's and Cydonia's RP's decision to bring in human-Loroi hybrids.

That, and BBCode is sodding terrible for writing long stories.

Jethreuel

Post by Jethreuel »

I am glad that you did update the Star Trek Fan Fic, and look forward to more of that, and this fan fic and look forward to reading your newest work.

entity2636

Post by entity2636 »

ShadowDragon8685 wrote:towards the end I was starting to feel very dissatisfied with basically needing to have co-opted the OP's and Cydonia's RP's decision to bring in human-Loroi hybrids.
Dunno, I think you handled the source material professionally and effectively closed the Hos'te Blec incident and Kamielle story arcs. Unless you have the entire story already scripted out and the hybrids are integral to it as in a Star Trek/Mass Effect sci-fi space opera, I don't see a reason to dwell on them as they do not appear to be part of the main plot. Indeed, there are more than enough directions you can take the story to from where it is now.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

entity2636 wrote:
ShadowDragon8685 wrote:towards the end I was starting to feel very dissatisfied with basically needing to have co-opted the OP's and Cydonia's RP's decision to bring in human-Loroi hybrids.
Dunno, I think you handled the source material professionally and effectively closed the Hos'te Blec incident and Kamielle story arcs. Unless you have the entire story already scripted out and the hybrids are integral to it as in a Star Trek/Mass Effect sci-fi space opera, I don't see a reason to dwell on them as they do not appear to be part of the main plot. Indeed, there are more than enough directions you can take the story to from where it is now.
I agree you took my posts for Sonnidezzi {Stormrage}.. and her Kamielle and "Snow White"..integrated them well and pretty much closed out that subplot of the story nicely.. you need not do anything more with them! I'm just happy my character.. my creation has been effectively enshrined somewhat in immortality for the Web-comic.. so a little piece of Outsider is mine now! That really fills me with an uncountable amount of joy! Thank you Shadowdragon!
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."