Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
OUTSIDER complaints 

Post Re: OUTSIDER complaints
FINE I confess!!! Tuesday I went and had all you can eat tacos for 4.99 in Claremore, ok..... Sorry guys the were just so good. I ate them all.

Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:52 am

I think, in that case, you belong in another thread altogether.
Try here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=867 as our resident black hole

I'm joking of course.
But for 5 bucks an all-you-can-eat?
yikes. I do NOT want to know what the filled the tacos with...

Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:38 am

Krulle wrote:
But for 5 bucks an all-you-can-eat?
yikes. I do NOT want to know what the filled the tacos with...

In the town I live in, there was a Döner Kebab snack bar that sold those things for 1,50€ each. I always wondered what kind of meat they used and why it closed so suddenly... :?

Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:08 am

You don't want to know what that meat was.

Quote:
Fresh rat meat was the best case scenario.

Looking forward to the Mirror (Final Editing)
The pale horse (irregular updates)

Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:28 am

Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:18 pm

In defense of the tacos they are amazing. And it is all quality ingredients. Their tacos are by far the best I have eaten anywhere other than at home. So if your ever in Claremore, Oklahoma on a Tuesday El Banquet is awesome. I promise you I have not gotten sick yet.

Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:10 am

Codius_Dak wrote:
In defense of the tacos they are amazing. And it is all quality ingredients. Their tacos are by far the best I have eaten anywhere other than at home. So if your ever in Claremore, Oklahoma on a Tuesday El Banquet is awesome. I promise you I have not gotten sick yet.
So if we live in the Tulsa area or go Cain's Ballroom a lot, got it. I'll pass then.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:45 pm

Thank you for the update on the home page Arioch. Its October, any chance of a classy cheese cake or pinup? If you have time and opportunity of course :D

Btw, I like Taco Bell (Taco Hell!) for their Nacho Cheeze Steak Gordita's. Totally terrible for my health and gods only know whats in it but damn if it isn't tasty after a long day at the office.

As long as we're off topic, have you guys considered using a proper fan-fiction service for these stories like 'Archive of our Own' or 'Fanfiction.net' ? There are e-reader apps for computers, tablets, and phones and both services have good comments sections, editing tools, metrics tracking etc. I'd really like to read some of the Fanfiction on here but its difficult to-do so on my mobile or tablet. The services are free and easy to setup.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:10 am

pinheadh78 wrote:
As long as we're off topic, have you guys considered using a proper fan-fiction service for these stories like 'Archive of our Own' or 'Fanfiction.net' ? There are e-reader apps for computers, tablets, and phones and both services have good comments sections, editing tools, metrics tracking etc. I'd really like to read some of the Fanfiction on here but its difficult to-do so on my mobile or tablet. The services are free and easy to setup.

I loathe FF.net with the burning passion of a thousand Wave-Loom Devices set to "Flambe" and aimed at the shell's homeworld. Any website that thinks they have any fucking business disabling common Windows features like left-click highlight or rightclick deserves to get its bollocks kicked right up it's throat.

As for fanfic, when I write these days, I usually do it on Google Docs, but I started writing WtDwJ in the format of forum posts in the hopes of prompting the original author to resume writing it. That did not work, sadly.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:26 am

ShadowDragon8685 wrote:
I loathe FF.net with the burning passion of a thousand Wave-Loom Devices set to "Flambe" and aimed at the shell's homeworld.

Which is named Qkt-Txl, or “Empire”.

Also, not being able to highlight is bullshit

Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:38 am
Profile WWW

Just now realized something... During the release of the last 5-6 pages ... I LITERALLY have grew a beard! :D
...damn, things are slow...

Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:28 pm

Chekist_Felix wrote:
Just now realized something... During the release of the last 5-6 pages ... I LITERALLY have grew a beard! :D

Oh, man! It's too bad you probably don't have a sequence showing each phase relating to each page! :lol:

CJSF

Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:48 pm
Profile WWW

But is it a beard that even Fireblade could appreciate?

Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:10 am
Profile WWW

cacambo43 wrote:
Chekist_Felix wrote:

Oh, man! It's too bad you probably don't have a sequence showing each phase relating to each page! :lol:

CJSF

I know, right! It would be hilarious!

Carl Miller wrote:
But is it a beard that even Fireblade could appreciate?

Oh, God... i remember that art. Can't unsee it now. :lol:

Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:25 am

Okay. I joined the forum Specifically so I could make a post on this thread.

Arioch, thanks for the time you put into making this webcomic.

If you've never made a webcomic, then you have no idea what is reasonable/unreasonable for a particular person.

The fact is, unless you know of ALL the demands upon a person, you have no basis for making a judgement about it at all.

I'm happy to check back now and then, and if there's nothing new, well, maybe next time.
Too many of my favorite webcomics have ended because the author tried to keep up with reader demands.
That's FAR worse than just having it update irregularly.

Arioch, you just keep doing what you're doing. I will continue to enjoy every single update you make. Whenever it is.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:05 pm

I've grown and a shaved two beards... um... hey.. You guys are trying to distract me from taco's!

Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:51 pm

Quazel wrote:
I've grown and a shaved two beards... um... hey.. You guys are trying to distract me from taco's!

Well, in my case we don't really have taco's here so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyhow, how are you doing, Arioch? Good job with Stars in Shadow, just seen it got a new patch.

Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:29 am

Hey Arioch! I know it's not the right topic, but I couldn't find any better :) Greatings from Russia (almost Russia)! I found out about your comic a month or so ago. And well... I was shocked, when I realized that when you posted the first page, I was 3-year-old and we don't even had mobile phones in our country (we still were using pagers), not to mention Internet etc. So that's LITERALLY comic of my life :)
So I asked people to post a link on a Russian site (https://vk.com/rus_bd). That's basically our twitter or facebook. And one man in the comments said that it has a translated version of this on a Russian comic site. And here it is! (http://acomics.ru/~outsider/1)
Just for you to know how popular you are :)

P.S. Sorry for my English.

Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:19 am

Is this the thread to give Arioch encouragement? ;)

I've been here since forever (though not as long as Mr Bojangles or Codius, if we're counting...), and while I don't post on the forums at all anymore, I still check Outsider regularly and I will continue to do so. I hope that Stars in Shadow does very well (and from the look of it, I think it shall), and I hope that Outsider continues for a long time to come. Until then, I'll be around to see what happens.

In closing, let the record show that I, also, ate no Tacos on Thursday.

Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:04 am

I have NEVER ate tacos, I don't even know what it is :)

Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:55 am

I am looking at the main page like I am addicted to it...

Need more pages, bar that more cutesy Loroi pinups...

Looking forward to the Mirror (Final Editing)
The pale horse (irregular updates)

Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:39 pm

Hello. I've been an unregistered lurker here for a long, long time. However, after reading the OP's post, and the ridiculous morass of non-responses that arose afterward, I feel compelled to decloak.

Planned number of chapters: 7

Average number of pages per chapter: 60

Average number of updates per year: 4 (the current average is probably less, but we'll use this as an example)

Estimated year of completion for comic storyline: 2093

I am not unsympathetic to Arioch's real-life responsibilities. Quite the contrary. Yet for this comic to continue something must be done. I fully and completely agree with the OP.

Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:05 pm

Well, that calculation is, in general terms, known to all of us, and yet we all hang out.
We're hoping for Arioch to go to pension, and have time to update once in two weeks or possibly even faster....

There have been even harsher requests: request for content of Arioch's will
I even discussed in once before: viewtopic.php?p=19901#p19901 (and the following pages)
(I'm pretty sure there are even older calculations flying around on this board)

Oh, and you forgot the epilogue. Another fifteen pages, possibly sixteen (based on prologue). So you can add another four years to your calculation. (Not counting art-work pages like the page 17)

And chapter one was more than 70 pages... granted, some are "double pages" published in one go....
And from my experience, the first chapters are often shorter than the later, real story driven chapters.
We'll just assume the update rate goes up to make 60 updates per chapter.

And now let's round it all, because it's still so far away, and from this distance round numbers sound nicer:

Outsider will post the last page of the story in the year 2100.

Every year earlier, and you're lucky.
Heck, likely none of my sons will be alive by then.

It's best to not dwell on that. I need to find a way to have some money I can transfer over, so that Arioch actually has the money needed to find time to continue this great piece of artwork.
But I already find Arioch's dedication to Outsider more than what we can expect. All other webcomics with a similar update schedule I know of have died by now. Outsider is the exception to the rule.

And after that, a piece of story like this needs a proper front cover page, and be made into a wonderful plastper version (made of dead plastic robots).

But to end it all in a positive note: Arioch has every intention to beat all our calculations by posting the last page at least half a century earlier.
I wish him that he's right, and our calculations are far off the mark.

Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:02 am

Is it wrong that I hope Outsider get discovers by Hollywood and movie gets made...

Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:42 pm

Gay blogging repair? Another bot invasion.

Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next