WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Arioch
Site Admin

Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

Post by Arioch »

Fotadis_110 wrote:I gotta ask, does Arioch have a copy of that shipyard in colour or was it made in black and white? Because seeing a colour copy of the terran docks would be awesome on the scale of 25 out of ten
The panel has a blue filter over it, but the underlying shading is just grayscale.

Fotiadis_110

Post by Fotiadis_110 »

Arioch wrote:
Fotadis_110 wrote:I gotta ask, does Arioch have a copy of that shipyard in colour or was it made in black and white? Because seeing a colour copy of the terran docks would be awesome on the scale of 25 out of ten
The panel has a blue filter over it, but the underlying shading is just grayscale.
Good lord what was i thinking when i typed black and white.... well actually i was thinking grayscale but ended up picking the wrong terminology.
It is a shame there is no colour original, but i won't even ask for you to redo it, because i'd rather you spent the time doing other things like making new strips.
I was thinking of taking the picture and turning it into my background (with perhaps some photo-shopping to make it large enough, probably a simple % size boost) but win only grey scale i feel it lacks a certain impact...
Of course the reason i feel i want the photo is because it looks downright awe-inspiring in the first place, so i'm highly impressed with the work you've created ^_^
*silently wonders if someone else will jump on his idea and has the skills to colour the picture*

Mjolnir

Post by Mjolnir »

Fotiadis_110 wrote:Good lord what was i thinking when i typed black and white.... well actually i was thinking grayscale but ended up picking the wrong terminology.
Given that it isn't gray, either, perhaps "monochrome" is the term you're seeking. And yeah, that was an impressive and thought-provoking view...

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

oh :( be nice Mjolnir, sometime things get typed that just come out without our brains thinking (well maybe not at full tilt)

and wow, I see a scout and a H-crusier in the same panel. Makes me wonder if the Bell is the scout or is it one of the sister ships. The H-cruiser looks really nice Arioch, glad to finally see it.

finally, good eye karst, never saw the simularities of the TCA and homeworld shipyards :geek:
Last edited by NOMAD on Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am a wander, going from place to place without a home I am a NOMAD

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

NOMAD wrote:finally, good eye karst, never saw the simularities of the TCA and homeworld shipyards
Hm, I hadn't thought of that either (at least not consciously). But that thought does suggest to me some interesting ways that it might be colored. I'll think about it if a have a free moment.

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

Arioch wrote:
NOMAD wrote:finally, good eye karst, never saw the simularities of the TCA and homeworld shipyards
Hm, I hadn't thought of that either (at least not consciously). But that thought does suggest to me some interesting ways that it might be colored. I'll think about it if a have a free moment.
could make a nice donation "poster" am just saying.

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

Arioch wrote:
now why to I suddenly have this song stuck in my head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNKmgSvTewQ

Trantor

Post by Trantor »

Ha! Necrop^H^H^H^H^revitalizing the WIPT!

And don´t worry ´bout the babes. Eloree is doing fine at filling the gap. ;) (scnr)
sapere aude.

Riess

Post by Riess »

Riess: Drawing the hot babes so you don't have to.
Our Intrepid Crew - Space Opera Webcomic

Count Casimir

Post by Count Casimir »

No babes? I'm out!

(just kidding. I know the babes will return--I have faith!)
Ashrain is best rain.

Mjolnir

Post by Mjolnir »

Well, we got a 150+ post long discussion thread out of the Chapter 2 cover, and it didn't have any babes either...I think we'll survive.

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

Mjolnir wrote:Well, we got a 150+ post long discussion thread out of the Chapter 2 cover, and it didn't have any babes either...I think we'll survive.
Oh why did the "I will survive" song just spring up into my head. Well, we will be seeing more of the bell crew ;)

Wintermute

Post by Wintermute »

Trying to get back into the swing of things. But no hot babes to draw in these next few pages. :(
Well. I know that feeling.

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

Riess wrote:Riess: Drawing the hot babes so you don't have to.
Are making some pictures for us to view? :P
Supporter of forum RPG

Trantor

Post by Trantor »

Ah, mr. Jardin´s famous backtalking, i guess?
sapere aude.

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

Q and A with the captain, I sense for polite snarky remarks

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

Sir, with all your respect....

Why is it whenever someone says "with all due respect", what they really mean is "kiss my ass"?

Ktrain

Post by Ktrain »

I think the conversation goes a bit like this: YOU CALL THAT AN ASCOT? You are a disgrace to the uniform. XP
OUTSIDER UPDATE => HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED?

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

what an ascot?

Trantor

Post by Trantor »

A tie knot.
sapere aude.