WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Karst45

Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

Post by Karst45 »

Voitan wrote:
Siber wrote:You know, for all the salacious ideas that inevitably fly about, it seems like the body temperature mismatch might provide a real and hard to overcome obstacle to an serious physical intimacy.
It'd probably feel like a heating pad is to a human.
but why would you put a heating pad there.....

Voitan

Post by Voitan »

Lower abdominal aches from periods. Not an issue for Loroi I hear though.

Although I guess you could instead, make the comparison like it's a hot jacuzzi jet.

No explanation needed for that.

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Would it be uncomfortable for the Loroi, or would that stimulate them even more?
Heat expands the blood vessels and increases the blood flow after all.

turn out humans are of use to Loroi as the ultimate sex toys for them. :lol:

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

TrashMan wrote:Would it be uncomfortable for the Loroi, or would that stimulate them even more?

once they find the way to stop them from talking all the time about how in love they(human) are with them (loroi(

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

I can think of worse ways to go.

Death by snu-snu is best death. :mrgreen:

Skaro

Post by Skaro »

haven't been around in quite a while, glad to see that the comic is being worked on again 8-)

chill54321

Post by chill54321 »

Very nice look. I can see it as an anime series

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Karst45 wrote:
TrashMan wrote:Would it be uncomfortable for the Loroi, or would that stimulate them even more?

once they find the way to stop them from talking all the time about how in love they(human) are with them (loroi(
That is an interesting point of discussion... How do you think mankind would react to discovering a race of aliens that look very similar to humans {say for example like the Bjorin's of ST:DS9}. But the aliens being mammals and hominids find humans to be terribly attractive and sexually arousing... to the point of awestruck adoration {kinda how I think humans would react to real space elves}! How do you think mankind would react to that?

I think the Loroi might have a similar overwhelmed reaction... as humans to such a amorously attracted very similar species. And yes ...since our genetics are Not compatible.. yes.. humans would be the ultimate sexual partner.. no chance of pregnancy and we live shorter lifespans. And not the slavish mindlessness like the Golim race that are addicted to Loroi telepathy, its a pure physical attraction.

Though I wonder what Loroi pheromones smell like? As a guy.. I can pretty easily when blind-folded smell the difference between a nearby female and a nearby male.. its hard to describe the difference.

Since I believe the Loroi are warm-blooded species... I think they might find touching the human higher running body temperature rather appealing... depending upon their surrounding environment. On a cold wintery night.. snuggling up would like feel exquisite. But on a sweltering humid summer day... they would like double their normal no-touching distance.
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

Hehe. I just remember race from Outlaw Star, which was categorized 'too frienldly'.
Supporter of forum RPG

RedDwarfIV

Post by RedDwarfIV »

bunnyboy wrote:Hehe. I just remember race from Outlaw Star, which was categorized 'too frienldly'.
If you think the Silgrians are bad, I wonder what you'd think of the 'Super-Happies' from Three Worlds Collide. They talk by having sex. Their opening hail looks like something out of a Hentai tentacle video.
If every cloud had a silver lining, there would be a lot more plane crashes.

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

RedDwarfIV wrote:
bunnyboy wrote:looks like something out of a Hentai tentacle video.
because there is other kind of hentai than the tentacle one?

Three Worlds Collide was that a book?

RedDwarfIV

Post by RedDwarfIV »

Karst45 wrote:
RedDwarfIV wrote:
bunnyboy wrote:looks like something out of a Hentai tentacle video.
because there is other kind of hentai than the tentacle one?

Three Worlds Collide was that a book?
Well I assume so. Tentacle is what you hear about though.

An Internet 'book' I guess. It was broken up into eight pages. It was supposed to explore morality and what you do when you meet someone whose morality is different to yours. According to humans in the story, the answer to that is "Act superior, hypocritical, run away and blow up stars".

JQBogus

Post by JQBogus »

RedDwarfIV wrote: An Internet 'book' I guess. It was broken up into eight pages. It was supposed to explore morality and what you do when you meet someone whose morality is different to yours. According to humans in the story, the answer to that is "Act superior, hypocritical, run away and blow up stars".

So pretty firmly in the 'humans suck' school of science fiction. Soapbox science fiction generally doesn't appeal to me. Thanks for the review :)

Cy83r

Post by Cy83r »

Three Worlds Collide

"Everyone wants to make everyone else live their way."

Great premise, terrible conclusion, terrible alternate conclusion.

In a first contact scenario like that, someone twisted like me would've been the crew's saving grace.
My Reaction to the Silicates: "We disagree with you, but we will not fire; that is how our society runs; we're sending literature on the prisoner's dilemma from the human perspective to you now. Why do your children have to feel terror when you eat them? And why should we adhere to your reproductive plan when it doesn't suit our own environment and physiology? Your dedication to art in communication is laudable."
My Reaction to the Super-Happies: "I'll come aboard as diplomatic advisor immediately provided you agree to avoid human space until we establish some sort of protocol- word of caution, we're so fractious and violent a species that our own scientists prevented knowledge of the stardrive's military applications from being made known- we only just found out about this because the Silicates corrected the FTL math we've been using to spread across the stars; you can subdue us, but the only thing you will save are colonies full of ashes and militants orbiting stars about to melt down. Furthermore, I'm placing your weapons officer under arrest on behalf of the Silicates you just vaporised in a fit of emotion- there is clearly a downside to your mode of society. I expect I'll be quarantined to avoid- stressing your crew unduly once I've been modified."

RedDwarfIV

Post by RedDwarfIV »

Yuuuuup.

I just couldn't identify with the humans in the story. They were as alien as all the others because they couldn't get off the author's soapbox and act like people.

Personally, I thought the alternate conclusion wasn't too bad, at least after having read the main conclusion. I have to wonder, how many humans would have comitted suicide after being modified by the Super-Happies because they didn't feel human any more? How many people caused themselves massive injuries because of what was effectively artificially-induced insensitivity to pain? The entire human race would have to live like CIPA sufferers. If I'd been on the human ship's crew, I'd have pointed out how problematic that would be.

And then I'd be shouted down by that character who said the Silicates were making up excuses when they said there was an evolutionary reason for their eating babies.

Cy83r

Post by Cy83r »

It wasn't evolutionary though, the infanticide is purely an emplaced social behavior to deal with rampant starvation and their groupthink solution to the prisoner's dilemma. There is nothing to excuse because there is no moral problem for the Silicates; they removed anyone who would cause a problem- I reject morality as objective because it leads to the Supper-Happy and Silicate reactions. Really the story boils down to a simple question: what if aliens were stupid and intractable and humans equally so? OR What happens when two or more intractable parties attempt to negotiate with high stakes?

Answer: self-mutilation of the group in self-defense and wanton bloodshed of the other(s).

RedDwarfIV

Post by RedDwarfIV »

Cy83r wrote:It wasn't evolutionary though, the infanticide is purely an emplaced social behavior to deal with rampant starvation and their groupthink solution to the prisoner's dilemma. There is nothing to excuse because there is no moral problem for the Silicates; they removed anyone who would cause a problem- I reject morality as objective because it leads to the Supper-Happy and Silicate reactions. Really the story boils down to a simple question: what if aliens were stupid and intractable and humans equally so? OR What happens when two or more intractable parties attempt to negotiate with high stakes?

Answer: self-mutilation of the group in self-defense and wanton bloodshed of the other(s).
I still maintain that I'd get shouted down.

dragoongfa

Post by dragoongfa »

Careful Beryl, you may replace Fireblade as my favorite out of the holy trinity of FBT.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

She looks cute, as always. ;)
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

dragoongfa wrote:Careful Beryl, you may replace Fireblade as my favorite out of the holy trinity of FBT.
Heresy. Tempo is clearly first among equals. :P
Don't delay, join today!