Reply to topic  [ 1784 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next
WIP Discussion (Part 1!) 

Post Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
Maybe she wants to fish Alex out of space again, for another wakeup at the medbay.

But seriously, a bunch of (presumably lightly armed) tankers and transports just appeared before her unit. The crews of those ships suffer from jump sickness. If the 51th comes down on them now the losses of material could be heavy. And just after resupply with full ordnance. That's the wet dream of any raider.

If one tanker carries enough fuel to refuel 5 times, then one tanker lost stops 5 ships from advancing much further.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:41 am

Werra wrote:
But seriously, a bunch of (presumably lightly armed) tankers and transports just appeared before her unit. The crews of those ships suffer from jump sickness. If the 51th comes down on them now the losses of material could be heavy. And just after resupply with full ordnance. That's the wet dream of any raider.

If one tanker carries enough fuel to refuel 5 times, then one tanker lost stops 5 ships from advancing much further.

One way understrength strike group against 6 divisions and their gunboats? Not to mention those initial 8 divisions that jumped in from Rallis only need to cut their acceleration to join with those support divisions and have the firepower of fourteen divisions available...

Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:32 am

GeoModder wrote:
One way understrength strike group against 6 divisions and their gunboats? Not to mention those initial 8 divisions that jumped in from Rallis only need to cut their acceleration to join with those support divisions and have the firepower of fourteen divisions available...

"Never tell me the odds!"
-Stillstorm

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:54 am

fredgiblet wrote:
GeoModder wrote:

"Never tell me the odds!"
-Stillstorm

-Stillstorm, famous last words

(J/K)

Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:24 pm

Seeing as Arioch has just delivered a Barsam overview, I think we can expect some jolly cooperation to appear in the comic soon.

At least until they learn Alex is telepathically inert, and decry humanity as dangerously corrupt demonspawn.

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:57 pm

CF2 wrote:
Seeing as Arioch has just delivered a Barsam overview, I think we can expect some jolly cooperation to appear in the comic soon.

At least until they learn Alex is telepathically inert, and decry humanity as dangerously corrupt demonspawn.

Something tells me, given the fact that humans have always been prone to religious delusions, that the Barsam Church will find a receptive audience on Earth. It will be the hip new space age religion.

Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:59 pm

Victor_D wrote:
CF2 wrote:

Something tells me, given the fact that humans have always been prone to religious delusions, that the Barsam Church will find a receptive audience on Earth. It will be the hip new space age religion.

Something tells me that a lot of humanity will consider the Barsam church to go against their belief in one god and the more zealous will come up with an alternative explanation to the fall of the soia. Namely that they were punished by god for their blasphemous creation of the demons, trolls and witches and humanity have a mandate of heaven to conquer these clearly heretical lifeforms and to that end god blessed man with an innate defense against their sorcery and an unparalleled technological growth. This will go just fab i'm sure.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:32 am

Jericho wrote:
Victor_D wrote:

Something tells me that a lot of humanity will consider the Barsam church to go against their belief in one god and the more zealous will come up with an alternative explanation to the fall of the soia. Namely that they were punished by god for their blasphemous creation of the demons, trolls and witches and humanity have a mandate of heaven to conquer these clearly heretical lifeforms and to that end god blessed man with an innate defense against their sorcery and an unparalleled technological growth. This will go just fab i'm sure.

Let's wait to purge that heresy for when we come to it.

The only reaction I'm concerned about from Alex is that he might be tempted to use the Barsam presence as a means to put some distance between himself and his red haired "honor guard".

Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:17 am

You ran out of week, Arioch! ;)

I hope we get a double post this week. I hope everyone's been well.. catching up on the forum a bit.

I had a thought, maybe expanding a bit on some earlier speculation. What if the Outsiders are the Loroi? And Humanity's territory offers a place of exile and respite after the Umiak basically roll over the Union? Yikes!

And might we hear about the fate of the rest of the Scout Corp?

CJSF

Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:54 am
Profile WWW

cacambo43 wrote:

I hope we get a double post this week. I hope everyone's been well.. catching up on the forum a bit.

I had a thought, maybe expanding a bit on some earlier speculation. What if the Outsiders are the Loroi? And Humanity's territory offers a place of exile and respite after the Umiak basically roll over the Union? Yikes!

CJSF

My guess he is busy designing 3D models, perhaps pf the inside of the Barsam Courier or the Gora Relay station. Doing this for the Highlander was a major cause of delay.

Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:17 am

Sweforce wrote:
cacambo43 wrote:

CJSF

My guess he is busy designing 3D models, perhaps pf the inside of the Barsam Courier or the Gora Relay station. Doing this for the Highlander was a major cause of delay.

Or he read my graphic Alex/Mozin slash-fic and had to take the week of.

Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:21 am

boldilocks wrote:
Sweforce wrote:
cacambo43 wrote:

CJSF

Or he read my graphic Alex/Mozin slash-fic and had to take the week of.

See! This is the reason we can't have nice things on this forum.

Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:12 am

cacambo43 wrote:

CJSF

The Umiak are expanding in the direction of human space as well. Remember, it's guesstimated to be about a decade before the alien empires find TCA space on their own. This is why the contact mission was established.
I second the question on the Scout Corps ships :P.

Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:44 am

Mr.Tucker wrote:
cacambo43 wrote:

CJSF

The Umiak are expanding in the direction of human space as well. Remember, it's guesstimated to be about a decade before the alien empires find TCA space on their own. This is why the contact mission was established.
I second the question on the Scout Corps ships :P.

I've heard that before, but we know from what the Loroi have said, in-comic, that there's this Great Wasteland and the area is not well charted. There would seem to be little incentive for either empire to make their way to our area, given the huge logistical challenges and lack of clear "pay off", if you didn't know another race of beings lived here. Neither race seems especially predisposed to exploration, for exploration's sake.

CJSF

Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:27 pm
Profile WWW

And if the Loroi really have to flee, the Umiak should be busy for generations subjugating the original Loroi territory.

Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:30 pm

@Arioch - do you by chance have some WIP bits of the next page you would like to share? I'm sure people are worried that you might have sidelined the comic again...

Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:38 am

entity2636 wrote:
@Arioch - do you by chance have some WIP bits of the next page you would like to share? I'm sure people are worried that you might have sidelined the comic again...

I hereby make an official call for tar and feathers!!

Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:44 am

Hey, tar-and-feathering a follow forumite might be entertaining for Arioch, and thus lead to more sidetracking the comic.

I'm sure he jsut got some extra artwork to do somewhere, to make ends meet.*

*like playing some or other game, so that his follow clan members don't get killing due to his absence.

*ducks and out*

System view Leido Crossroads: page 123

Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:43 am

Every day without an update is another slash-fic chapter!

Hmm make that week.

I'll get back to you guys in half a year.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:51 am

boldilocks wrote:
Every day without an update is another slash-fic chapter!

Hmm make that week.

I'll get back to you guys in half a year.

It's like slash-fic roulette, save us Arioch! :P

Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:07 pm

cacambo43 wrote:

I've heard that before, but we know from what the Loroi have said, in-comic, that there's this Great Wasteland and the area is not well charted. There would seem to be little incentive for either empire to make their way to our area, given the huge logistical challenges and lack of clear "pay off", if you didn't know another race of beings lived here. Neither race seems especially predisposed to exploration, for exploration's sake.

CJSF

The Great Wasteland makes it so there is not much draw for a COLONIAL effort in that direction. The problem is that military reasons for expansion, such as opening new fronts, finding backdoors into enemy territory, etc may make the point moot. Neither the Loroi nor the Umiak need colonies, just supply points.
Eventually, time would run out for any Loroi refugees. Human space would not be safe for long.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:55 pm

Mr.Tucker wrote:
cacambo43 wrote:

CJSF

The Great Wasteland makes it so there is not much draw for a COLONIAL effort in that direction. The problem is that military reasons for expansion, such as opening new fronts, finding backdoors into enemy territory, etc may make the point moot. Neither the Loroi nor the Umiak need colonies, just supply points.
Eventually, time would run out for any Loroi refugees. Human space would not be safe for long.

This is why any refugees sent here must go here in absolute secrecy. This cannot save the union but it may save the loroi species from extinction. There rest of the union species do not seem to be on the Hierarchy's kill list. Hopefully the Hierarchy will be occupied hunting down remnant resistance for decades to come.

Still, decades is not enough for humanity to technologically catch up even with help and ultimately we just lack the industrial capacity to compete with the Hierarchy. If something else is brewing however that catch their attention elsewhere however it may just work. Right now I consider the Historians to be horrible allies since they do have the stuff but refuse to use it. If they joined the fight in earnest they could bleed the Hierarchy faster then even their industrial capacity can keep up with if they got enough ships. It is possible that the Historians have just a handful of extremely over engineered vessels that just cannot hold up in a prolonged fight. Compare German vs Soviet tank design doctrines during WW2.

Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:56 am

entity2636 wrote:

If Arioch lives anywhere close to where Alex was born(according to the insider page on characters), Redding, California, then he's probably too busy dodging walls of fire to make comic pages. There is a massive forest fire currently burning just west of Redding, and parts of the city have already burned down. Several hundred houses have been lost.

I live on the other side of the fire, about thirty miles west, and we've been packed up and ready to evacuate for several days now. It's hard to get much of anything done when most of your valuable belongings are stuffed haphazardly into whatever vehicle(s) you've got, so you can leave at a moment's notice.

Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:47 pm

entity2636 wrote:

Just so there a re-post of a big forum commandment.

It is frowned upon to make a point blank demand for content. As much as we all love this comic please refrain from demanding of or shaming the author for lack of updates. As one who has remained loyal for the last 16 years This comic is worth the wait.

Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:05 pm
Site Admin

I'm still here, and updates on the comic will continue. I can't promise that there will be updates every week; there will be times when I will be distracted by other things. Ideally I will at some point be able to get ahead and create a backlog/buffer so that updates will be more regular, but we're not there yet.

There probably won't be any WIP's for the next two pages, because I think that would not be appropriate.

Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:45 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1784 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next