Outsider RP

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Gudo

Re: Outsider RP

Post by Gudo »

Tempest Expedition in on hiatus till we hear from Martenzo I guess. I'm looking to start a new RP if anyone else is interested.

Darth Cloaked Guy

Post by Darth Cloaked Guy »

Am. Details?

Gudo

Post by Gudo »

Oh derp. >_> Should've said "I'm looking to be a player, is anyone willing to be a GM?" I've had an RP idea bouncing around the back of my head, but I haven't really had time to flesh it out much... So l guess depending on who wants to be a GM, I might throw my hat in the ring.

Darth Cloaked Guy

*facepalm* I don't know enough about Outsider, nor hold enough authority to make stuff up, to possibly GM.

Codius_Dak

Post by Codius_Dak »

i'd still like to salvage the other RPG from the old forum, and implement both the new system of play and change the local and start fresh... somewhere above ground during the war... maybe with Umiak Strosstruppen...
Hope is renewed by the brilliant dawn.

Gudo

Post by Gudo »

I don't really see any reason why you couldn't start it up again on this forum... Just need to get some players lined up I guess.

TheUnforsaken

Post by TheUnforsaken »

I'm happy to play or GM.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas

[A] book need never die and should not be killed; books [are] the immortal part of man. - Robert A. Heinlein

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List

Darth Cloaked Guy

"new system of play" = ???

What we be referring to exactly?

Codius_Dak

Post by Codius_Dak »

the old RP was played by PBEM storytelling. it did not have the play mechanics of the 2 new ones.

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

I don't know if there will be anyone willing return to older RP but you can try bringing it back. =]

Codius_Dak

Post by Codius_Dak »

eh... i guess that is not that important... but i still think that a planetary assault based RP would be cool.

Gudo

Post by Gudo »

The mechanics themselves don't matter, so long as the story is good and there's a way to resolve contests. Who ever wants to GM should post a short story proposition, like this and this. Ship stats aren't strictly necessary and should go in a spoiler imo.

Darth Cloaked Guy

What is PBEM?

TheUnforsaken

Post by TheUnforsaken »

Play By E-Mail, though the term does get used kinda loosely in some cases...

EDIT: I have a possible idea for a RP but I'd like to know what sort of scale people would prefer to have.

If the story is set within a fleet then there's is obviously going to be little reason for ship officers to be involved in ground missions (which I gather people like ;) )...that's what Marine contingents are for afterall, but grunts don't usually have enomous effects on command decisions either. And if we have some players as ship offficers and others as ground-pounders its going to be a little tricky to get them interacting regularly. If, on the other hand, we try to have characters that are both ships officers and getting involved in the pointy end of things then the scale would need to be reduced to something like a single ship.

Unless people are happy to run multiple characters, if they want, then they can have their cake and eat it too...so to speak.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas

[A] book need never die and should not be killed; books [are] the immortal part of man. - Robert A. Heinlein

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List