Outsider RP

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Beliskner

Re: Outsider RP

Post by Beliskner »

Guys calm a bit. We don't know what system Icekatze will declare. Give him time to make final introduction to the story and presentation of needed info.

Senanthes

Two at once.

Post by Senanthes »

Honestly, I was rather torn between both myself... I don't see why we couldn't do both at the same time. If nothing else, it may keep either or from getting stale.

Codius_Dak

Post by Codius_Dak »

i had the same thought.
Hope is renewed by the brilliant dawn.

Gudo

Post by Gudo »

Here's what I was thinking sunphoenix.
sunphoenix wrote:Kamielle Lynn
Mother, PhD. Angelica Lynn-Edwards}, a well respected Geneticist and Chemical Engineer Researcher for the megacorp - GENETEC. Father, Col. Thomas Lynn, a career Naval Officer - lost in line of duty on Classified Mission for Naval intelligence when 'Kam' was age 6. Mother raised from then on always dreamed of being a Pilot like his father and a at age 18 applied to Naval academy. Proved to be a naturally talented pilot... just like his father. Now age 21 and already a Lieut.
A staunch protector of Humaniti... his father is not dead. The EarthGov knows the truth.
SpoilerShow
Spoken name: Kamielle Lynn 'pronounced Cam-Meal'
Name Meaning: {Warrior-Maiden of the Lake}
CAMILLA; Gender: Feminine; Usage: English, Italian, Scandinavian, Finnish, Ancient Roman, Roman Mythology; Pronounced: kə-MIL-ə (English), kah-MEEL-lah (Italian) [key]
Feminine form of CAMILLUS. This was the name of a legendary warrior maiden of the Volsci, as told by Virgil in the 'Aeneid'. It was popularized in the English-speaking world by Fanny Burney's novel 'Camilla'
Lynn; One who resided by a pool or lake.
Call Sign: "Paladin"
Title/Rank: Navy Lieutenant - O1
Race: Human-Solarian
* Solarian Colony is one of Humaniti's 9 worlds, a very dry and arid world but with breathable atmosphere. Rich in heavy elements - uranium, titanium. There is a native plant pollen that in the solar frequency of the Yellow-Green sun when inhaled produces a pigment chance slowly in humans giving the natives born an raised on Solaris III a greyish tint to the skin and bleaches the pigment from their body hair and eyes.
Appearance:
SpoilerShow
HT 6'3" {187.5cm}, WT 187lbs {85kg}, Hair - White, Eye - Silver 'Very pale Blue'; Handsome and lean, graceful. Always wears a cloak of some sort... odd fashion sense.
Picture -
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Personality: Courageous and Gentle. Somewhat shy but tends to impulsiveness when action is needed.
Abilities/Skills: Piloting - Space fighter, Martial Arts-Tae Kwon Do, 2hd Melee-Kenjutsu, Firearms-Pistols, Computers, Astrogation; Musical instrument - Guitar 'acoustic', Performance - Dancing / Singing, Hobby - Model Building
Background: Mother, PhD. Angelica Lynn-Edwards}, a well respected Geneticist and Chemical Engineer Researcher for the megacorp - GENETEC. Father, Col. Thomas Lynn, a career Naval Officer - lost in line of duty on Classified Mission for Naval intelligence when 'Kam' was age 6. Mother raised from then on always dreamed of being a Pilot like his father and a at age 18 applied to Naval academy. Proved to be a naturally talented pilot... just like his father. Now age 21 and already a Lieut.
A staunch protector of Humaniti... his father is not dead. The EarthGov knows the truth.

{MINIMUS}
Role – Ace Pilot

Life Changing Events – {5}
{Childhood} Father Dies in service to Humaniti – Age 6
- Not really but Kam is told this, his mother refuses to speak of his father
{Adolescent} Raised by busy Scientist/Researcher mother - distant lonely childhood
{Adulthood} Joined Terran Colonial Navy – Pilot / Experimental Flight program – Project: Avatar
{Deepstriker 1} Survivor of Unit being wiped out in Combat, Fell in Love with Commanding Officer
{Deepstriker 2} Earned Ace Wings – Lieutenant Rank / Joined Elite Ace Wing: The Scions

Skills – {7}
Astrogation – 1rk
Computers – 1rk
Defense – 2rk
Martial Arts – 1rk
2hd Melee – 1rk
Piloting {Space Superiority Fighter} – 4rks
Pistol – 2rk
Special Abilities – {2}
Attractive
Piloting Prodigy

Flaw –
Impulsively Heroic

Relationships Goals & Secrets –
{Blood} Doctor Angelica Lynn – Mother, Geneticist/Chemical Engineer
{Romance} ‘Major’ Cleopatra Alexander, Commanding Officer, Ace Pilot {Ex-Lover}
{Association} ‘Col.’ Thomas Riley Edwards, Ace Pilot {Bitter Rival - Enemy}
- Kam does not realize that T.R. Edwards is is uncle... his mother's older brother! There is some bad blood between the two that Kam has not been made aware of.
{Goal 1} Determine how his father died and why his mother refuses to discuss him
- His father is not actually dead.
{Goal 2} Protect mankind and find romance in his life after the ‘breakup’ with Cleo.
{Secret} Earn his actual freedom from EarthGov… he is a genetically engineered ‘super soldier’, a fact his mother and father were involved in. Kam is ‘owned’ by EarthGov but has not made this clear to Kam as yet, preferring to manipulate him with subtle coercion.
Bennies –
General : 3
Bascially, you have the character name, then their bio, then all the rest of their stats get spoiler'd. Also, I colored your character's name because we're each supposed to assign a unique color to our characters' speech. Feel free to pick your own color :P I just thought blue worked well :p

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

WoW! I feel silly... your idea is perfect! Changing immediately! :)
I was planning on posted his spoken words in Blue anyways...

Thanks!
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Count Casimir

Post by Count Casimir »

I know I'm pretty late, but I could go for any of the starship ones--those seem to be the most popular anyway.

Are we doing more than one? Should we vote on that?
Ashrain is best rain.

Gudo

Post by Gudo »

They're all starship ones :P We've elected to do Icekatze's proposal which means the starships will be the DeSoto and Innalinzil. The next step is for the players to generate human and Loroi crew. (Like subphoenix and I.)

Personally, I think we should play two at the same time (assuming Martenzo is up for it) and I don't really see a need to vote. If you don't want to do two, only play in one >_>

EDIT: Hey Sub, I was just looking over your char and realised his rank is inconsistent. O1 means he's the first officer rank. In the navy, that's Ensign. But your char says Lieutenant which would be O3. If you want to meet in the middle, it would be Lieutenant Junior Grade - O2.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Opps... my mistake... Fixed! I play so many games the O-ranks vary a lot...
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

arggg i spend one week away and get a wall of post to read. can someone just give me a resume of all this?

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

It has been decided ...at least for now, to play one PbP game - Icekatze's: Operation Deep Strike.

If Martenzo's - Tempest Campaign does get started this is what I'd like to play...

Stormrage
Background: Born in battle to a famous Loroi Fleet Admiral. Raised to be a solider … only meeting her mother two or three times. Desperately wishes to gain her mother’s respect and notice. Very much needful of love and closeness in her life… something that her duties as a ‘Unsheathed’ have keep far from her. Known to be a somewhat troublesome soldier as her… "hot pants", lecherous drives get her into trouble more often than not. A VERY capable warrior and spectacularly dangerous with her powerful electrokinetic talants!
SpoilerShow
Spoken name: {Teidar} Sherynn Gemmetoil 'pronounced Share-In Gem-eh-tol'
Name Meaning: {Stormrage}
Call Sign: "???"
Title/Rank: Teidar 'Unsheathed'
Race: Loroi
Appearance: HT 5'10" {175cm}, WT 135lbs {61.36kg}, Hair - Pale Blonde twin-braids near nape of neck, Eyes - Emerald Green; Beautiful and cat like in grace.
Picture -
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Personality: Bold and Passionate. Somewhat rash and tends to deep sexual appetites especially after combat.
Abilities/Skills: Solider – Unsheathed, Martial Arts, 1hd Melee, Firearms-Pistols, Gunnery, Psionic Combat;

{MINIMUS}
Role – Solider {Unsheathed}
Life Changing Events – {5}
{Childhood} Mother leads leads a Loroi Fleet Element to a significant victory, large shoes to fill and much is expected of Stormrage as she was born in battle.
{Adolescent} Raised to be a Unsheathed warrior intense combat and disciplining
{Adulthood} Achieves ‘Teidar’ rank and assigned to the Loroi war front. Known by her superiors to be of a Lecherous demeanor but is respected as an efficient and capable warrior.
{Deepstriker 1} Survivor of destroyed Loroi cruiser, decorated for her valor but pained by the loss of close friends from her training lost with the ship.
{Deepstriker 2} Not handling the death of close friends well she indulges in… amorous indiscretions. Reprimanded for her lecherous indiscretions and assigned to Operation: Deep Strike

Skills – {7}
Psionic Use – 3rk
Defense – 2rk
Martial Arts – 2rk
1hd Melee – 2rk
Pistol – 2rk
Tactics – 1rk

Special Abilities – {2}
Attractive
Electrokinesis

Flaw –
Lecherous

Relationships Goals & Secrets –
{Blood} <Admiral> Whitestorm ‘Skallin Sherynn’ – Mother, Loroi Fleet Admiral/Naval Officer
{Romance} ‘Silversheen’ Rahira Deenet – Close friend {M.I.A.}
{Association} ‘Deathwind’ Tyral Dweenda, Commanding Officer {Disappointed in her lecherous nature – looking to get her removed from duty permanently}
{Goal 1} Make her mother proud of her and gain her respect and attention.
- She is not even sure her mother knows her name.
{Goal 2} Meet her father and learn his name.
{Secret} Very interested in Humans… especially their 1:1 gender ratio…
Bennies –
General : 3
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

@icekatze

Just thinking. What are the professional levels of humans joining in mission?
6. Best of Bests
5. Next of the best
4. Jewels from masses
3. Good on their jobs
2. First's who appeared
1. Cheapest force
0. Something unpleasant crawling from under rock
Supporter of forum RPG

icekatze

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

Well, most of the best of the best didn't make it when the Bellarmine was destroyed...

So I guess it is the Next of the Best or Jewels from the Masses.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

So... is it decided to universally use Icekatze's system? I think it would be best for the PbP medium that we use the same game system for our on-line action...so characters and capabilities are easily quantifiable between games.
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

qué?

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

Code: Select all

Just a some thoughts of using of the codes. OOC talk inside code.
Sanzai inside spoiler, so players of humans don't get spoiled too soon.
A small nervous loroi was walking in the corridor followed by couple of humans. She arrive on same intersection on third time and stop to looks around.
SpoilerShow
"They are still after me!"
"Don't be afraid. We are in place. You can come here now. I can already sense you."
Her friend answered.
She look her behind and turns to left.
One of thugs smiled. "She is trapped."
His friend wasn't so sure. "I'm not sure about this. He could be calling her friends to help. They all are telepaths after all."
"They don't find her. Didn't you see that she is completely lost."
Supporter of forum RPG

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Nice suggestion Bunny! I like... I'll use that! Thx!
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

indeed i approve!

Codius_Dak

Post by Codius_Dak »

Perhaps we could put a shine on the "into the depths" RP from the old Digital webbing forums we had going and apply the new rules to it.... it is just a suggestion. perhaps someone could back up the Into the depths IC posts and the character pages before they delete them for all eternity...
Hope is renewed by the brilliant dawn.

Darth Cloaked Guy

Post by Darth Cloaked Guy »

Is it too late to get in on any of this? I would absolutely love to get in on this.

Are any campaigns still accepting players? Any using GURPS maybe even?

I love RP I just don't know how this would work.

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

well so far the rigidity of military make it hard not to improvise on thing. but am sure any campain can squeeze a new player or 2.