Page 117: I will demonstrate!

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

novius

Re: Page 117: I will demonstrate!

Post by novius »

icekatze wrote:hi hi

Never giving away the location of the homeworld really isn't the only alternative to giving it away as soon as possible. I've personally worked with companies that were dealing in proprietary material. Yes, handing over the material was necessary, but they made very certain that all the contracts and non disclosure agreements were signed and dated first.
NDA's regulate what the parties involved can tell outsiders and what not... but it's much more of a concern of what the Loroi themselves would do with the newfound knowledge.

Just think of it... The Loroi are confronted with a new species that should be vexing to them for several reasons.
  • They are impervious to Loroi telepathy, which would make them a valueable asset to the Umiak.
  • On a base biological level, a predator evolves traits to circumvent or counteract a prey's defenses. So one could (and does) think humans are designed to be a species - or artifice - to effectively combat Loroi.
  • Add to that, humans look close enough to Loroi to play on their ingrained social mores - protect and safeguard their males. So if someone does think humans are designed to fight Loroi, they would see it as a masterful stroke in psychological warfare.
  • Then, the appearance of humans could and does rattle Loroi core beliefs. Were it to become public, social upheavals are as good as a given.
  • And if access to males is granted as merits and revoked as disciplinary measures, the sheer abundance (in Loroi eyes) of not-so-alien males could very much erode any discipline in ranks once they entertain the thoughts of looking for easier pickings.
Yes, humans could be dangerous to Loroi on so many levels. I'd find it highly probable that Loroi higher ups may decide to pull a rug over all that, quietly send out a task force - maintaining strict radio silence - to glass Earth and all human colonies and silently 'deal with' everyone who came into contact with them and especially 'that human'.

Alex might be aware of some of these implications, too. After all, he had very much time in his quarters (read: cell), to mull things over. So he has to step very carefully... nothing less than the survival of his species depends on it.

Heh, wild shot in the dark now... :D There will be a summit on Seren, and the higher ups decide to give a shit about the diplomatic credentials Tempo may have handed out to Alex - after all, field promotions are subjected to reviews once there is a chance - and to wipe every trace of humanity's existence from their records and from the galaxy. Of course, the 'shuttle group', especially Beryl, wouldn't take that lying down...
Last edited by novius on Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

icekatze

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

Given what Alex knows of the Loroi, I would think it is a real possibility that the Loroi government might decide that the existence of humans is inconvenient. He has no assurances that once he reaches his destination, that the Loroi chain of command won't say. "Nope, we're with Stillstorm on this one. Definitely enemy artifice, send him to the painnasium."

But that possibility is a double-edged blade. The counterpoint is that he could be the only surviving member of the contact team, and he only has this one chance to divulge the information to an open minded audience. Once they send him to the dissectitorium, that'd be it. We know Alex is a gambling type, and when presented with the possibilities that "the whole mission will fail" or "I'll be dead, but a Loroi survey mission could still follow the coordinates I gave them and realize I was telling the truth all along," the latter may seem higher risk, but higher rewards.

The Barsam do have a record of Alex, so even if they inconspicuously vacuum him under the rug, they probably won't be able to eliminate all evidence of his existence so easily.

CF2

Post by CF2 »

I'd bet anything that offering a way for humanity's existence to fit into their Loroi-centric propaganda will be key to the treatment of Humanity. As it is, humans don't have enough clear and actionable value to outright demand their imperial-descent-narrative be changed. That may change by the end of the conflict, or it might not, but it certainly matters now.

novius

Post by novius »

icekatze wrote:hi hi

Given what Alex knows of the Loroi, I would think it is a real possibility that the Loroi government might decide that the existence of humans is inconvenient. He has no assurances that once he reaches his destination, that the Loroi chain of command won't say. "Nope, we're with Stillstorm on this one. Definitely enemy artifice, send him to the painnasium."

But that possibility is a double-edged blade. The counterpoint is that he could be the only surviving member of the contact team, and he only has this one chance to divulge the information to an open minded audience. Once they send him to the dissectitorium, that'd be it. We know Alex is a gambling type, and when presented with the possibilities that "the whole mission will fail" or "I'll be dead, but a Loroi survey mission could still follow the coordinates I gave them and realize I was telling the truth all along," the latter may seem higher risk, but higher rewards.

The Barsam do have a record of Alex, so even if they inconspicuously vacuum him under the rug, they probably won't be able to eliminate all evidence of his existence so easily.
There's a third choice - that it wouldn't be a survey mission, but a task force in full genocide mode. The Loroi already did it - twice - and wouldn't hestitate to do so again if they see humans as a credible threat or "just" as a boon to the Umiak.

And I think it would be not that difficult to deal with the Barsam. After all, Tempo did cut off his comlink before too much had been said. Seed some disinformation ("Yes, it had been an artifice. Masterfully done, but an artifice. We had to play along to learn what makes it tick and what its designers intended it to do..."), maybe some "accidents" happening to people and data stores, and that'd be it.

Maybe Alex did establish some sort of mutual trust with the Loroi close to him. But he would do well to tread carefully. Especially when it comes to politics, where people do call to arms once they feel themselves or their power base threatened.

Imbrooge

Post by Imbrooge »

CF2 wrote: As it is, humans don't have enough clear and actionable value to outright demand their imperial-descent-narrative be changed.
Generally it's not about being on equal terms as it is being in the best position possible as a client race, although techwise humanity is far behind Arioch has emphasized the importance of human territory and that even though we're behind in tech we do have some things that would make the logistics of expanding and outpacing the Umiak lucrative. On top of this humanity has the routes the Orgus refugees used, and the orgus are not even located at the front meaning that the Loroi will have the oppurtunity to end the stalemate and do a reach around at a front past the no man's land and strike them where they're vulnerable. No the Umiak do not have a full defense around it's borders because that is not logistically feasible in these intersolar wars.

wasp609

Post by wasp609 »

You forget that while loroi could go genocide mode on humanity. The barsam have enough intel that even the barest hint of a species immune to the loroi sanza getting wiped out by said loroi could kick off some serious crap for the loroi. Just look at our own civilization the barest hint of evidence on an accusation will send people crazy. This compacted by the fact a species had a resistance, has existed beforeand were wiped out, the Mannadi i believe. And well this would be the third loroi committed genocide, and i don't know about you but being allied with a species who doesn't think before wiping out another species would make me uncomfortable.

JQBogus

Post by JQBogus »

The problem with the "glass all the Human worlds and pretend they never existed" solution is that the Loroi could never be sure they got all the Humans, and nothing else would be so sure to drive (what's left) of Humanity into the arms of the Umiak. If Umiak cloning tech could be adapted to humans, it wouldn't be long before the Loroi would be facing the possibility of 'invisible' Umiak fleets crewed by very, very angry humans bent on revenge.

Heck, I would be surprised if Humanity isn't equipping and sending out as many colony ships as possible on secret deep colonization missions as insurance against 'glassing' too.

Sweforce

Post by Sweforce »

JQBogus wrote:Heck, I would be surprised if Humanity isn't equipping and sending out as many colony ships as possible on secret deep colonization missions as insurance against 'glassing' too.
This may already be happening and so secretly that Alex never heard of it. That far away planet over there that was found to be unsuitable for colonisation twenty years ago? Secretly colonised! Some of those ships that mysteriously gone missing in suspected jump incidents? Far out there colonising! Some of those ships that actually lost in such incident may have rematerialised somewhere where they could reach somewhere to settle down. Maybe someone made a massive overshoot in a jump due to a "bunch" that they are now busy colonizing somewhere on the other side of the galaxy.

novius

Post by novius »

The prospect of public backlash didn't deter the Loroi the first time, nor the second time. So why would one think that the third time would be any different?

Add to that, the Mannadi were wiped out just because of their natural resistence - that was enough to doom them as a species, and they were even better established on the galactic scene. So who would raise a stink about a species only few people would have ever heard about?

Just think of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inter_arm ... lent_leges - and if it's a war for the very survival, this would come even more true.

About "you can't catch them all"... Well, with the Mannadi they did, or to an extent that they won't pose any threat to them any longer. So it stands to reason that the Loroi have already some experience in "how to permanently wipe out a species and get away with it". But even if some of them got away....

Umiak cloning may take some time. Especially if they have to build up the numbers again. That's still preferable to over Umiak cargo ships swooping into Earth atmosphere and abducting humans by the droves, ready to be fitted with tech ensuring their subject's obedience and fielded into the next battle.

So, wiping out humans may be advantageous to the Loroi, even if it is to only buy themselves some time.

novius

Post by novius »

Heck, I would be surprised if Humanity isn't equipping and sending out as many colony ships as possible on secret deep colonization missions as insurance against 'glassing' too.
Possible. That just asks for an AU fanfic where a run down colony, erected in haste, is all that is left of humanity, and years after the Loroi did the deed they were found by the ever expanding Loroi Union. Mix in some dissention in Loroi ranks - maybe some of them do have their misgivings about having done such a thing to their template species and not buying into the doctrine that these 'humans' were just Shell creations - and you might have the makings of a good story.

Galactic Scholar

Post by Galactic Scholar »

Let's try to imagine a scene of a foreign diplomat walking into the US State Department in Washington.

State Department Official: Can I help you?
Diplomat: Yes, I'm here to establish diplomatic relations on behalf of my country, Zooland.
State Department Official: Zooland? We have no listing for that nation. Where is it located?
Diplomat: I'm afraid I can't tell you that.
State Department Official: Sorry? What?
Diplomat: We don't trust you yet, so I'm afraid I can't tell you where our country is located.
State Department Official: ...How are we supposed to establish formal diplomatic relations if you won't even tell us where your country is located?
Diplomat: Here is the location of a van waiting on the edge of town. If you go there, they will blindfold you and take you to our country. Then you can speak to our leadership.
State Department Official: I'm going to stop talking to you now.

There is nothing useful that the tribal elder can negotiate -- trade agreements, non-aggression pacts,
territorial agreements, alliances, requests for aid of any kind, or even just a request to be left alone
-- without revealing the location of his nation.
If he wanted his nation to remain anonymous, he should have stayed home.
If the Ambasador from Zooland had been tortured by the United States, held in solitary for a few days, and everything else Alex has gone through... and then immediately asked "Where can we find the rest of your people?" I dunno if he should. If I were Alex I would be looking the least painful ways to commit suicide by now so that my knowledge couldn't be used to harm humanity.

Then again, that would make for a fairly boring story, that Alex is certainly made of pretty stern stuff! Go Alex!

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

novius wrote:The prospect of public backlash didn't deter the Loroi the first time, nor the second time. So why would one think that the third time would be any different?
There was a public backlash. Read the last three sentences:
Insider, Mannadi wrote:Race: Mannadi
Affiliation: Subjugated Population (Quarantined)

Notes: In their day, the Mannadi were bold explorers and adventurers who had built a small interstellar sphere of influence. The Mannadi respected and feared the growing power of the Loroi Empire enough not to attack them directly, and even prompted a brief alliance between the two powers. Unfortunately, the Mannadi could never be content as ordinary members of the family of nations, and their ambition led them into continuing acts of aggression against the Neridi and Pipolsid that eventually drew them into direct conflict with the Loroi. Though never a true match for the Loroi Empire and her allies, the Mannadi nation fought tenaciously and effectively through a series of three bloody and bitter wars with the Loroi, in which the Mannadi made effective use of the remote location of their territory and the severe handicap placed on Loroi forces operating so far from friendly resupply. The Mannadi also had a degree of resistance to Loroi telepathy, which represented a further challenge to the Loroi. By the end of the third war the Loroi eventually occupied the Mannadi worlds, but there was little left of Mannadi infrastructure, and almost nothing left of Loroi patience. Mannadi telepathic resistance made Loroi occupation less effective than they were accustomed to, and when Mannadi insurgents bitterly fought the occupation, the Loroi started simply wiping them out. International outrage at these actions threatened to shatter the Loroi Alliance; only the formation of the Loroi Union ended the threat of a galaxy-wide war and spared the Mannadi from extinction. The Mannadi are not spoken of in Loroi society, and they are rarely seen outside their designated territory, which is quarantined. Mannadi space is the main gateway to the territory of the Historians, but few travel this path.
So, the Mannadi have not been "wiped out", yet. A cultural genocide has happened, yes, but the Mannadi are still alive, and, if they behave, are free to live their lives as subjects of the Loroi military. Thanks to outside pressure on Loroi politicians. (see below)
novius wrote:Add to that, the Mannadi were wiped out just because of their natural resistence - that was enough to doom them as a species, and they were even better established on the galactic scene. So who would raise a stink about a species only few people would have ever heard about?
Yes, they were. But they were also standing up again and again and trying to hit the Loroi military. How would you react if you won, clearly and unambiguously, but can't leave the fight arena as the moment you turn your back, you get attacked? You will use the weapons still at hand. Again and again. And in the hope to get some rest, you enforce stricter and stricter policies.
novius wrote:Just think of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inter_arm ... lent_leges - and if it's a war for the very survival, this would come even more true.
I fully agree with this statement, despite not liking it.
[Mannadi elements of the Loroi timeline in the spoiler]
SpoilerShow
Loroi Timeline wrote:Dates given in Earth years CE ("Common Era"), which uses the same numbering system as AD ("Anno Domini")

1199-1250: Second Colonization period. Contact with Delrias, Neridi, Mannadi.
1251-1295: War with Delrias; Loroi conquer Delrias territory. Loroi ally with Neridi, Mannadi, Pipolsid. Distant contact with Nissek and Arekka via Mannadi connections.
1295-1325: Mannadi-Nissek War (also “Quiet War”). Loroi join in 1302, but see no combat.
1311: Maia colonized. Contact with Barsam. First meeting of the Interspecies Convention.
1323-1402: Splinter war. [Ends with Loroi First Emperor]
1415: Mannadi aggression against Neridi and Pipolsid. [remember, the Loroi are allied with all three parties]
1427-1441: First Mannadi War. Little is resolved because of spacetime instability.
1495-1507: Second Mannadi War. Loroi annex substantial territory; Mannadi sue for peace.
1548-1552: Third Mannadi War. Started by Loroi; Arekka join Mannadi side in 1550, but Loroi conquer Mannadi territory in 1552, and organized Mannadi resistance ends. The Arekka fight on alone, attempting to support Mannadi insurgents.
1552-1557: Mannadi Occupation: the Mannadi surrender unconditionally to the Loroi in 1552, but local insurgents continue to fight bitterly against increasingly restrictive occupation policies by the Loroi. Arekka systems are also falling under Loroi occupation.
1555: Enok incident: a major terrorist attack on Loroi orbiting facilities in occupied Mannadi territory is answered with reprisal strikes against Mannadi civilian populations by the Loroi military. The Interspecies Convention calls for war crimes trials, but Emperor Loremark threatens war against any nation that attempts to interfere with Loroi sovereignty.
1557: Interspecies Convention petitions for formation of Loroi Union; Loremark agrees. Neridi, Pipolsid, Barsam join as full members. Nissek decline to join, and Arekka also decline but tacitly agree to end hostilities with the Loroi.
2135: Ukko incident [the Loroi/Umiak war begins]
2160: Bellarmine Incident: Contact with Humanity.
From what I read here, the Mannadi definitely did their best to make sure the Loroi patience would be tested to the limits. Over the timespan of about 250 Human years, the Mannadi again and again aggressively confronted and provoked the Loroi and their allies.
And then they aggressively bombed installations of the oppressors. Sometimes you have to accept that someone else is stronger, and that continueing guerilla tactics can get your whole "mountains" slacked without the enemy breaking a sweat, and that in such cases it might be better to stop fighting, and choose different tactics.
They can be thankful to be still alive as a species, IMHO. (I am against genocide, but if you cannot turn your back on a foe, despite having made very clear that you are MUCH stronger and that he lost,... sorry, I have better things to do than to turn around again and again and smack their faces again and again. At some point a permanent solution will have to be chosen - and in the case of the Mannadi this will mean, at minimum, a total set-back in technological terms to a pre-space flight era.)

But also that the Interspecies Convention did call the Loroi to temper down.
But also that the Interspecies Convention is already concerned with the behaviour of the Loroi, and that an uncalled and unprovoked treatment of Humanity along the lines of the Mannadi would have more severe consequences. But then, now the Loroi are at war with the Umiak, and the view of the Interspecies Convention/Loroi Union might be different, but alo the Loroi can't afford to upset their allies in this situation of elimination of Loroi or victory.
In the end, it was the Interspecies Convention that sparked the Loroi Union. The Interspecies Convention may not exist anymore (having dissolved into the Loroi Union - in the timeline there is no mention of the IC since the creation of the LU 600 (Earth) years ago), but in the Union the member races have some say, and they could leave, thus weaken the Loroi Union decissively.
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123, after the battle page 195

Imbrooge

Post by Imbrooge »

JQBogus wrote:Heck, I would be surprised if Humanity isn't equipping and sending out as many colony ships as possible on secret deep colonization missions as insurance against 'glassing' too.
I'd hate to burst your bubble, but the amount of time until Umiak encroachment on their territory begins only a few years and Arioch is generally keeping things on the lower scale of Sci-fi hardness, so the logistics of actually doing that is impossible within the given timeframe humanity has to prepare. By the time they've chosen a side, humanity's tech is so low in the story that the air superiority of the occupying Military fleet policing their space from either side is suficient to nip any attempts in the bud. The orgus refugees weren't even on any important planets when they escaped, they were well away from anywhere and is the only reason they could escape.
Last edited by Imbrooge on Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arent

Post by Arent »

You guys do realize that Tempo probably made sure Alex was seen & acknowledged by the Barsam & Historians *exactly* because she wanted them to know & prevent any "accidents" or "cover ups"?

Imbrooge

Post by Imbrooge »

Arent wrote:You guys do realize that Tempo probably made sure Alex was seen & acknowledged by the Barsam & Historians *exactly* because she wanted them to know & prevent any "accidents" or "cover ups"?
Of course, all things considered it was primarily to stop Stillstorm who is a little fish in that pond politically. The real hurdle is the leadership of the Loroi, I hope the "artefacts" they recovered includes National Geographic documentaries giving the location of the Earth is a given but there needs to be evidence it's not merely a forward operating base.

icekatze

Post by icekatze »

hi hi
JQBogus wrote:Set that conversation in the Age of Exploration between an indigenous elder and a European ship's captain, and it isn't as odd. Especially if, somehow, it is the indigenous elder who has showed up on the European coast.
I did some looking, and while it might not have been the Age of Exploration, in the viking age there are apparently some examples of treaties signed in Constantinople between the Byzantine Empire and viking merchants who literally had no nation to divulge the location of. All that mattered was that they had ships that could reach port, and goods to trade. Apparently, the leaders in Constantinople were occasionally frustrated at needing to make multiple treaties, because without a central nation, each group of viking merchants acted independently.

JQBogus

Post by JQBogus »

Imbrooge wrote:
I'd hate to burst your bubble, but the amount of time until Umiak encroachment on their territory begins only a few years and Arioch is generally keeping things on the lower scale of Sci-fi hardness, so the logistics of actually doing that is impossible within the given timeframe humanity has to prepare. By the time they've chosen a side, humanity's tech is so low in the story that the air superiority of the occupying Military fleet policing their space from either side is suficient to nip any attempts in the bud. The orgus refugees weren't even on any important planets when they escaped, they were well away from anywhere and is the only reason they could escape.

Yeah, it may be that "Zero" is the greatest number possible in the available time-frame. Then again, the colony mission doesn't necessarily have to be well equipped or to have high odds of succeeding to be worth sending in this situation. A large bulk carrier with a few hundred women, a several thousand frozen embryos, and as much of the stuff that the best minds on Earth figure is useful to a 'lost' (no more support from home world) colony.

It doesn't even have to be a colony mission... it could just be a "refugee" ship sitting in a dead system waiting for a "Go" signal (or a the lack of a "Don't Go" signal) to start jumping back up the Orgus trail to the Umiak. In this case, remove the colonizing gear, and add more embryos and a larger "incubator" crew. Or is extinction better than revenge and being under the Umiak thumb-segment? If it is the Umiak who glass us (even though they don't have the reputation for that) it would be harder, since that refugee ship wouldn't have a pre-laid out path to the Loroi.

novius

Post by novius »

Arent wrote:You guys do realize that Tempo probably made sure Alex was seen & acknowledged by the Barsam & Historians *exactly* because she wanted them to know & prevent any "accidents" or "cover ups"?
On the other hand she did cut him off before too much had been said. But I think it was more on Alex's behalf, because she didn't want the Barsam ambassador to spill the beans about the full implications of the humans arriving on the scene.

Imbrooge

Post by Imbrooge »

JQBogus wrote:Yeah, it may be that "Zero" is the greatest number possible in the available time-frame. Then again, the colony mission doesn't necessarily have to be well equipped or to have high odds of succeeding to be worth sending in this situation. A large bulk carrier with a few hundred women, a several thousand frozen embryos, and as much of the stuff that the best minds on Earth figure is useful to a 'lost' (no more support from home world) colony.

It doesn't even have to be a colony mission... it could just be a "refugee" ship sitting in a dead system waiting for a "Go" signal (or a the lack of a "Don't Go" signal) to start jumping back up the Orgus trail to the Umiak. In this case, remove the colonizing gear, and add more embryos and a larger "incubator" crew. Or is extinction better than revenge and being under the Umiak thumb-segment? If it is the Umiak who glass us (even though they don't have the reputation for that) it would be harder, since that refugee ship wouldn't have a pre-laid out path to the Loroi.
The war between the Umiak and loroi is a Total War with extinction to the losers, and the Umiak will simply kill the human vessel and scavenge the remains if it's already known Humans sided with the Loroi. By doing that Humanity's fate is sealed because not only does Humanity not have many planets to support colonies to pull off what the orgus did, you're basically inviting the Umiak to pilfer the knowledge from a glorified coffin and at the same time snubbing your potential allies directly in the face so what might've been a theoretical outcome becomes a garrunteed outcome the very act of sending that vessel to the Umiak is the exact moment Humanity declares allegience to the Umiak. What you propose only works if you don't side with the Umiak's enemy in which case you might as well just become official members of the Umiak to begin with.
Besides Humanity doesn't have time to actually build anything they aren't already in the middle of building before contact, you're basically saying to take away precious units from the small tiny military they have and hope the Umiak don't shoot them and the Loroi get lazy when sweeping human territory.

And only women? You need both for sustainable population.

JQBogus

Post by JQBogus »

Imbrooge wrote:
JQBogus wrote:Yeah, it may be that "Zero" is the greatest number possible in the available time-frame. Then again, the colony mission doesn't necessarily have to be well equipped or to have high odds of succeeding to be worth sending in this situation. A large bulk carrier with a few hundred women, a several thousand frozen embryos, and as much of the stuff that the best minds on Earth figure is useful to a 'lost' (no more support from home world) colony.

The war between the Umiak and loroi is a Total War with extinction to the losers, and the Umiak will simply kill the human vessel and scavenge the remains if it's already known Humans sided with the Loroi. By doing that Humanity's fate is sealed because not only does Humanity not have many planets to support colonies to pull off what the orgus did, you're basically inviting the Umiak to pilfer the knowledge from a glorified coffin and at the same time snubbing your potential allies directly in the face so what might've been a theoretical outcome becomes a garrunteed outcome the very act of sending that vessel to the Umiak is the exact moment Humanity declares allegience to the Umiak. What you propose only works if you don't side with the Umiak's enemy in which case you might as well just become official members of the Umiak to begin with.
Besides Humanity doesn't have time to actually build anything they aren't already in the middle of building before contact, you're basically saying to take away precious units from the small tiny military they have and hope the Umiak don't shoot them and the Loroi get lazy when sweeping human territory.

And only women? You need both for sustainable population.

Running back up the Orgus retreat line is what they do if the LOROI glass all the Terran worlds, meaning humans aren't allies of the Loroi and the Loroi are not 'potential allies' anymore. Its not like the Umiak are going to go "hm... look... the Loroi just committed genocide against those people... that MUST mean they were ALLIED with them! Kill the refugee ship!!!" As to taking away a precious ship... so what? the ships humanity has or can build before contact are going to be so far behind technologically, that they won't be at all useful in trying to fight off an invasion anyway.

As to all women... the sustainable population in the stored embryos/gametes, not in the live crew. The initial all woman crew is just a way to get a maximum number of wombs for gestation. Heck, send just ~2.8 million female embryos and a large sperm bank and do the following :

(Assuming with modern medicine and a lot of determination that each woman can gestate 30 embryos in her lifetime)
Generation 1 : 100 women : all implanted embryos are female
Generation 2 : 3,000 women : all implanted embryos are female
Generation 3 : 90,000 women : All implanted embryos are female
Generation 4 : 2,700,000 women : open up the sperm bank, use artificial insemination instead of implanting embryos
Generation 5 : 40,500,000 women, 40,500,000 men : Breeding reverts to "traditional"