Page 204: Madness? THIS IS K-CHUNK!!!

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

dragoongfa

Page 204: Madness? THIS IS K-CHUNK!!!

Post by dragoongfa »

Spoilered for size:
SpoilerShow
Last edited by dragoongfa on Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krulle

Re: Page 204: The Party begins!

Post by Krulle »

Ouch.

But here, Alex needs a reminder, that the Unsheathed, the Teidar, do not need weapons.
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123, after the battle page 195

Werra

Re: Page 204: Madness? THIS IS K-CHUNK

Post by Werra »

Come on, Alex! Fireblade has literally slammed you into a wall with her mind. You've been told by Beryl that she's got mental fighting capabilities. What else would Fireblade always have unsheated? Don't answer that.

I'm happy that we haven't heard a death scream yet.

Mk_C

Post by Mk_C »

Werra wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:41 am
Warriors die without screaming.

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

Mk_C wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:47 am
Werra wrote:
Warriors die without screaming.
This is war,. People die. Would not be surprised if a Loroi character dies on most all encounters with the Umiak just to demonstrate that they are a serious threat and not a joke like the jaffa.

These are not bumbling Saturday morning cartoon bad guys.

Umiak actually do use strategy, like they did in the space battle by using missile cover to get close and fire beams.

That said, either they give Alex up (doubt it), or I feel sorry for what happens to the cyborg bug betweem precision and brute force Pk not to mention the huge gun Talon id wielding.

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

Fireblade doesn't need a gun although what is k chunk in this case. Music?

Jagged

Post by Jagged »

CrimsonFALKE wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:25 pm
what is k chunk in this case. Music?
I am heavily into the Korean K-Chunk scene ;)

Mithramuse

Post by Mithramuse »

CrimsonFALKE wrote:
Heavy metal, one presumes... see also https://well-of-souls.com/outsider/outsider190.html.

--Mithramuse

GeoModder

Re: Page 204: Madness? THIS IS K-CHUNK!!!

Post by GeoModder »

Next page: K-CHUNK K-CHUNK K-CHUKRRRRRRRR... CRASH... after Fireblade excerts a little PK on certain mechanical joints

boldilocks

Post by boldilocks »

Awaiting the next few pages like

boldilocks

Post by boldilocks »

Werra wrote:
Come on, Alex! Fireblade has literally slammed you into a wall with her mind. You've been told by Beryl that she's got mental fighting capabilities. What else would Fireblade always have unsheated? Don't answer that.

For all Alex is concerned, Fireblade's abilities amount to little more than knocking cyborgs on their asses, which is fine if you're in a slapstick vaudevillian comedy, less so when you're being sprayed with plasma.

jonwassing

Post by jonwassing »

I imagine Tempo and Fireblade are going to attempt some kind of phychic cloak or illusion to hide themselves from the Umiak. Mostly because of thier instructions to Alex before. The whole "not move or make a sound" deal is probably so he doesn't mess up the illusion. I also figure Cloud is there to be the "lone survivor" of this derelict little shuttle. Or a body for them to find, or a soldier for them to kill. etc etc... really sell the "this shuttle was just a method for someone to escape a doomed ship, definetly nothing in here of any import. ESPECIALLY not the official representative of a brand new race we just discovered" vibe they're going for.

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

Werra wrote:
Her hair?
CrimsonFALKE wrote:
the grapples from the Umiak ship, stabilizing the tumble of,the shuttle (last page),
then the "emergency airlock" for the boarding party (the pressure did not go down to zero!) (this page).
Last edited by Krulle on Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123, after the battle page 195

inxsi

Post by inxsi »

boldilocks wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:43 pm
Werra wrote:

For all Alex is concerned, Fireblade's abilities amount to little more than knocking cyborgs on their asses, which is fine if you're in a slapstick vaudevillian comedy, less so when you're being sprayed with plasma.
I wonder how much is Alex not realizing how effective Fireblade can be in combat and how much is reverting to his training under the stress of combat. He was understandably shaken at the start of the comic when the Bellarmine came under fire, and this would be his first experience with personal combat. I also wonder if the umiak's lotai will have any impact on the loroi. Maybe the instruction to Alex to stay still is more for his own safety, since the loroi will be shooting/telekinesising anything that they sense moving, using their sanzai to track avoid targeting other loroi but not having a good way to avoid targeting Alex?
jonwassing wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:48 pm
I imagine Tempo and Fireblade are going to attempt some kind of phychic cloak or illusion to hide themselves from the Umiak. Mostly because of thier instructions to Alex before. The whole "not move or make a sound" deal is probably so he doesn't mess up the illusion. I also figure Cloud is there to be the "lone survivor" of this derelict little shuttle. Or a body for them to find, or a soldier for them to kill. etc etc... really sell the "this shuttle was just a method for someone to escape a doomed ship, definetly nothing in here of any import. ESPECIALLY not the official representative of a brand new race we just discovered" vibe they're going for.
I wonder about this as well but I cannot decide which is more likely: the umiak believing that there was a lone loroi on board or the loroi surviving a fight with the umiak since there are other umiak ships nearby. I do not doubt that the loroi can take the boarding party. Did we ever determine how big the umiak ship is?

Werra

Post by Werra »

Krulle wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:06 pm
Werra wrote:
Her hair?
Yes, her ponytail.

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

Fireblade's hair WILL NOT BE BOUND!

DevilDalek

Post by DevilDalek »

You know, Arioch could throw us all a curve ball, and have the Stray wander in and tell them he wishes to defect..
They cant kill him, because he offers possibly the only way out of the system with his ship and loyal (possibly now shortened by a few thanks to Fireblade) crew..
And then the Loroi cant kill him cause he knows all the secrets of the Umiak.. so they will be running around like mad things while he sits grinning in a glass box and playing mind games with Alex..
All very Black List..

Turrosh Mak

Post by Turrosh Mak »

Arioch wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:42 pm
Fireblade's hair WILL NOT BE BOUND!
Fireblade is actually a half-genie hero. She needs her hair free so she can whip her opponents with it.

asaenvolk

Post by asaenvolk »

I know this is about showing how bad a.. the Loroi are. But deep inside I want this to turn into "Humans are space orcs"

ESP

Post by ESP »

I really enjoy this page visually. Very dramatic.
Krulle wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:06 pm
CrimsonFALKE wrote:
what is k chunk in this case. Music?
the grapples from the Umiak ship, stabilizing the tumble of,the shuttle (last page),
then the "emergency airlock" for the boarding party (the pressure did not go down to zero!) (this page).
Alex knows what k-chunk is. He's heard that noise before.
SpoilerShow