Page 131: The one in which we learn how Loroi swear

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Voitan

Re: Page 131: The one in which we learn how Loroi swear

Post by Voitan »

The resemblance to humanity is more than skin deep, we even cuss the same.

orion1836

Post by orion1836 »

Page 103, Beryl (on the issue of a potential breakthrough): "But this is nothing for you to be concerned about. All will be well!"
Page 119, Beryl (on the Sala-128 attack): "Still, this is nothing that should concern us Captain Jardin, enemy attacks on the frontier are common.
Page 123, Talon (on the tactical display): "But there is not much to see. We are well behind the fighting line." and "Relays and depots are not so exciting, I think. We are going in the opposite direction from where the action is."

Page 131, all involved: "FFFFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...."

Very, very well played, Arioch.

Darroth

Post by Darroth »

novius wrote:
Darroth wrote:So much for the theory of a mental attack.

Considering what characters get focused on in Insider, I predict Talon and Spiral (best girl) will get killed and Ashrain will save the main four. This will also give Alex a meeting with Greywind since Ashrain is related to her.
If you mean the cast of characters, Talon is listed. Spiral... is not. And given how little screen time she got, I do suspect that she would be the one buying the others time for their escape or act as a distraction.
Talon doesn't have a GURPS and she isn't on the group picture on the main comic page

raistlin34

Post by raistlin34 »

orion1836 wrote:Page 103, Beryl (on the issue of a potential breakthrough): "But this is nothing for you to be concerned about. All will be well!"
Page 119, Beryl (on the Sala-128 attack): "Still, this is nothing that should concern us Captain Jardin, enemy attacks on the frontier are common.
Page 123, Talon (on the tactical display): "But there is not much to see. We are well behind the fighting line." and "Relays and depots are not so exciting, I think. We are going in the opposite direction from where the action is."

Page 131, all involved: "FFFFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...."

Umiak: "Main characters have been detected in this area. Locate and eliminate them."

boldilocks

Post by boldilocks »

Darroth wrote:
novius wrote:
Darroth wrote:So much for the theory of a mental attack.

Considering what characters get focused on in Insider, I predict Talon and Spiral (best girl) will get killed and Ashrain will save the main four. This will also give Alex a meeting with Greywind since Ashrain is related to her.
If you mean the cast of characters, Talon is listed. Spiral... is not. And given how little screen time she got, I do suspect that she would be the one buying the others time for their escape or act as a distraction.
Talon doesn't have a GURPS and she isn't on the group picture on the main comic page
Difficult to put her in picture when she's lodged in Jardin's pants.

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

icekatze wrote:hi hi

[
NOMAD wrote:Isn't their a Barsam or Neridi courier ships in system
I didn't see any non-loroi ships on the map, but considering the Barsam's reaction to Alex, they might be one of the only ships motivated enough to jump into the system to attempt a rescue. Although I suspect that it would require some highly unlikely circumstances for them to be in such a position in the first place.
True, but unless Highland-7 is going back on track (with rapidly emptying fuel tanks) our hero don't have many options . . . something Alex maybe able to do something about ;)

raistlin34 wrote:
orion1836 wrote:Page 103, Beryl (on the issue of a potential breakthrough): "But this is nothing for you to be concerned about. All will be well!"

Umiak: "Main characters have been detected in this area. Locate and eliminate them."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: funny Raistlin34 and orion1836
I am a wander, going from place to place without a home I am a NOMAD

orion1836

Post by orion1836 »

boldilocks wrote:
Difficult to put her in picture when she's lodged in Jardin's pants.

Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

boldilocks wrote:Difficult to put her in picture when she's lodged in Jardin's pants.
Just like in Mass Effect, where the key to saving the universe was found in your crewmembers pants. Well, at least that's where everyone looked first. And foremost.

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

Cthulhu wrote:
boldilocks wrote:Difficult to put her in picture when she's lodged in Jardin's pants.
Just like in Mass Effect, where the key to saving the universe was found in your crewmembers pants. Well, at least that's where everyone looked first. And foremost.
Well that all depends did you go with the T'Soni or Williams? If you went with T'soni then yeah its just like ME.

saint of m

Post by saint of m »

CrimsonFALKE wrote:
Cthulhu wrote:
Well that all depends did you go with the T'Soni or Williams? If you went with T'soni then yeah its just like ME.
No love for Tally?

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

saint of m wrote:No love for Tally?
You couldn't romance her in 1.

orion1836

Post by orion1836 »

fredgiblet wrote:
Not with that attitude you can't!

(I went back and replayed all of 1 to 100% completion, just to have a save file without a romance, so I could be a Tali purist)

Chekist_Felix

Post by Chekist_Felix »

orion1836 wrote:
fredgiblet wrote:
Not with that attitude you can't!

(I went back and replayed all of 1 to 100% completion, just to have a save file without a romance, so I could be a Tali purist)
*in Denzel Washington voice* My man!
My literacy is cringe-fest... Apologies for what you're about to read.