Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Dorfington

Re: Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy

Post by Dorfington »

I thought that the cause for Fireblade's animosity towards Alex was simple; before he arrived she had the biggest foot size on Tempest. No. The entire fleet! Now there's this null freak just swaggering all over her turf, seemingly incapable of shutting it's annoying mouth for more than 5 seconds.

The fact that it's a male, an alien AND that it's wearing her only spare pare of shoes is just adding fuel onto the pyre.

It's not even an attractive male at that. It's tall, confident and muscularly lean. Pink with the most dull eye and hair colour, and it's ears are rounded.

Ewwww.

raistlin34

Post by raistlin34 »

Dorfington wrote:I thought that the cause for Fireblade's animosity towards Alex was simple; before he arrived she had the biggest foot size on Tempest. No. The entire fleet! Now there's this null freak just swaggering all over her turf, seemingly incapable of shutting it's annoying mouth for more than 5 seconds.

The fact that it's a male, an alien AND that it's wearing her only spare pare of shoes is just adding fuel onto the pyre.

It's not even an attractive male at that. It's tall, confident and muscularly lean. Pink with the most dull eye and hair colour, and it's ears are rounded.

Ewwww.
Also he called her dumb. Worse, he insinuated it before muttering a false apology. The nerve!

boldilocks

Post by boldilocks »

Freaking stump-ears waltzing around like he owns the place.

Dorfington

Post by Dorfington »

I bet out of all the seats he chose to pick on the escape shuttle, he took her favorite. :lol:

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

What a bunch of 'negative-ninnies'... it's simple... if we find Loroi females attractive despite how different they are from our lovely Earth Women, it's reasonable to see how loroi females could find Earth men attractive for simular reasons.

And my comments and observations were more about Alex Jardin's reactions to Fireblade... really she has shown little interest in him other than that glance she showed him when his eyes met hers when they sat on that couch at the back of the 'Tempest' bridge. Arioch has kept her feelings not evident other than some annoyance with how talkative Alex is.
Last edited by sunphoenix on Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Zorg56

Post by Zorg56 »

At least now he will ahve time to tell them... The Tragedy of darth pleagues the wise.

Jericho

Post by Jericho »

Zorg56 wrote:At least now he will ahve time to tell them... The Tragedy of darth pleagues the wise.
Awh now i want to see Jardin introduce them to star wars :(

"What do you mean the Empire are the bad guys? They bring law and order to those treasonous farmers!"
Last edited by Jericho on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through. General C.H Melchett commander of some unknown british regiment in the western front.

Zorg56

Post by Zorg56 »

Jericho wrote:
Zorg56 wrote:At least now he will ahve time to tell them... The Tragedy of darth pleagues the wise.
Awh now i want to see Jardin introduce them to staw wars :(

"What do you mean the Empire are the bad guys? They bring law and order to those treasonous farmers!"
"Umiak became so powerfull... The only thing they was afraid of- loosing their power, which, eventually, ofcourse they did. Unfortunatly, they told their allies evrything they knew, and then they destroyed them in a moment of slightest weakness. Ironic, they could assimilate other races to destroy their enemies, but was destroyed this way themselves."

raistlin34

Post by raistlin34 »

And know I want to know how many Loroi would follow the Sith Code.

Onaiom

Post by Onaiom »

raistlin34 wrote:And know I want to know how many Loroi would follow the Sith Code.

Only if they were ants. Otherwise they can't read this code. :D

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

The Sith ideology is a joke as a system, because it actively promotes chaos and disloyalty, which guarantees that the system will fail. Even the most twisted, evil fascist system won't operate without some degree of loyalty.

It should read:

"Through passion I am easily defeated by more disciplined opponents"

"Through strength I gain power, but I can't trust my apprentices so that power will not be passed on, and they will be weak morons"

"We will use only red lightsabers to make sure that everyone knows to kill us on sight"

"We will triumph only when the Jedi devolve to a point where they're even dumber than we are, but then we will only have 2 people in our order so it can be undone by a bad cold"

(transmission ends)

boldilocks

Post by boldilocks »

Arioch wrote:The Sith ideology is a joke as a system, because it actively promotes chaos and disloyalty, which guarantees that the system will fail. Even the most twisted, evil fascist system won't operate without some degree of loyalty.

It should read:

"Through passion I am easily defeated by more disciplined opponents"

"Through strength I gain power, but I can't trust my apprentices so that power will not be passed on, and they will be weak morons"

"We will use only red lightsabers to make sure that everyone knows to kill us on sight"

"We will triumph only when the Jedi devolve to a point where they're even dumber than we are, but then we will only have 2 people in our order so it can be undone by a bad cold"

(transmission ends)
Yeah but

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

boldilocks wrote:Yeah but
Dumb Jedi betrayed by dumber Jedi. Not impressed with the Sith side of this equation.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

I agree Arioch... all semblance of story, plot, and ...just plain common sense went out the window in favor of Toy marketing, offensive racial stereo-typing, BAD writing and Lucus having his ego stroked to the point of nonsensical spouting platitudes that even the youngest teen-adult book reader could realize 'Reverend Jim' Lucas was drinking his own cool-aid with the prequels!
It's sad, Lucus turned us all into adherents to his death-cult heralding the END of STAR WARS which we all breathed a sigh of relief with cheers!

"Yes, Mr Lucas enjoy your money you earned it... but FOR THE LOVE OF SANITY... Let all else occur, give up all possessions and all life and even the hope of the hereafter; but pleeese... DO NOT MAKE ANYMORE STAR WARS Movies!"
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Werra

Post by Werra »

George Lucas is a very shrewd business man. He milked Star Wars for all its worth until nostalgia was close to running out. I firmly believe that when he sold the franchise to Disney for -was it 2?- billion dollars, he knew that Star Wars wouldn't survive rebranding itself for modern kids.
You got to respect a man that gets the mouse to sign a rotten deal.

Absalom

Post by Absalom »

Well, Werra, I see it like this... with how many tendrils Lucas had wormed into the film industry (his companies effectively defined CG, and Disney now owns the THX standards body, in addition to lots of other stuff), Disney got their money's worth even without Star Wars.

The man may be famous because of Star Wars, but he was important because of the infrastructure he created.

Zorg56

Post by Zorg56 »

Well, in old EU it was more like wish of one mad sith lord, then actuall rule, other sith orders existed and so on.

I will prefer to see how loroi will react to the republic. (EU, not current canon. disney canon have republic that disarmed itself in a galaxy where pirats have Executor SSD and actually rule 60% of the galaxy.)
They will try to join it? Or will see them as a bunch of pacifist idiots? Start war if consider that they have chance to achieve victory?

Diodri

Post by Diodri »

Did you ever hear the tragedy of George Lucas The Wise? I thought not. It's not a story the media would tell you. It's a Hollywood legend. George Lucas was a screen writer, so skillful and so wise he could use the Force to influence Hollywood to create Art… He had such a knowledge of Hollywood that he could even keep the movies he cared about from selling out. Hollywood is a pathway to many lucrative deals, some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his IP, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught Disney everything he knew, then Disney bought him out and killed his franchise. Ironic. He could save others from selling out, but not himself.

Werra

Post by Werra »

That's exactly why I think he got one up on Disney. Now they're known as the failures who ruined Star Wars for fans and investors. Well, it's not ruined yet...but do you have any hopes for 9?

boldilocks

Post by boldilocks »

Werra wrote:That's exactly why I think he got one up on Disney. Now they're known as the failures who ruined Star Wars for fans and investors. Well, it's not ruined yet...but do you have any hopes for 9?
I mean, I'd say it's already pretty ruined. The question isn't whether 9 will be good or not. 9 will have to be magnificent if it's going to save the brand, which is what it's going to have to do.

Personally I thought it was ruined by the 7th, and the 8th was just the finishing thrust. (I was too young to have any problems with the prequels.)