Page 191: SHIK!

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

dragoongfa

Page 191: SHIK!

Post by dragoongfa »

Last edited by dragoongfa on Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Werra

Re: Page 191: SBIK!

Post by Werra »

Alex really does seem to view these dreams from Fireblades perspective.

Ithekro

Post by Ithekro »

From someone else's nightmare to other people's fantasy: Alex Jardin

gaerzi

Post by gaerzi »

I think it's supposed to be SHIK! :P

dragoongfa

Post by dragoongfa »

gaerzi wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:23 am
I think it's supposed to be SHIK! :P
I thought so myself but it's written in lowercase.

projekcja

Post by projekcja »

Have Beryl's hands always been this long and narrow? Also, it's strange that we only see 3 fingers on the right hand - is the index finger and thumb supposed to be behind? Playing around with my own hand showed me such a perspective is possible, but it somehow seems wrong to me. For the index finger to be hidden the hand needs to be almost exactly aligned with the camera to hand vector, but the body the hand is resting on is shown almost from above. The ratio between finger and palm length feels off too, especially compared to her left hand.

Having said all this, I'd like to add that I absolutely love this page, and the whole comic, great job - and thanks for posting it.
boldilocks wrote: ↑Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:16 pm
I don't understand why a utilitarian race like the umiak would have a seemingly cosmetic wrist-blade of all things.
I loved the irony of you being demonstrated its use just one page later :)

mwightman

Post by mwightman »

I wonder if his body jerked when his eyes opened. When I have dreams of such nature, usually my eyes open the same time my legs jerk or sometimes my entire torso jerks/convulses much like getting an electric shock.

boldilocks

Post by boldilocks »

So did Alex just see how fireblade lost her eye?

boldilocks

Post by boldilocks »

mwightman wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:08 pm
I wonder if his body jerked when his eyes opened. When I have dreams of such nature, usually my eyes open the same time my legs jerk or sometimes my entire torso jerks/convulses much like getting an electric shock.
Ah, the old "catapult yourself into the wall" style of waking up.

Turrosh Mak

Post by Turrosh Mak »

Welcome to the party, Flint. I wonder how she was able to bump Talon out of position to cuddle the humaniti? I guess it was Talon's turn on watch and she just took her spot before anyone could wiggle in.

raistlin34

Post by raistlin34 »

This gives some insight about how Fireblade became the nonsense warrior she is now.
By the why, FB isn´t going to be happy about the apparently senzai immune human entering her dreams, is she? In fact, she may conclude Jardin was a lying spy all along.

Kelvandos

Post by Kelvandos »

raistlin34 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:42 pm
This gives some insight about how Fireblade became the nonsense warrior she is now.
By the why, FB isn´t going to be happy about the apparently senzai immune human entering her dreams, is she? In fact, she may conclude Jardin was a lying spy all along.
idk, the sheer terror in his eyes (and i dare say the kneejerk reaction to waking up like that), might speak more to her than that. His honesty on it would be the deciding factor and if she actually knew he saw it. IF she had been aware of him viewing her dream and he was dishonest on it when approached. then she would call him a spy, otherwise, new alien, new problems to discover for both sides.

If she isn't aware, his best course of action would be one of 2 things, ether a. keep his mouth shut, or b. explain what he saw and start pointing out his mask isn't perfect, thus opening himself up to more 'probing questions' by beryl. ether option has its pro's and con's, from my point of view tho, b is the better option. short term issues, but long term goal would have progress made (trust building).

icekatze

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

If I were to place my bets, I'd bet that he says something about it. He's already dropped some hints, seemingly unintentionally, and he was cooperating with Beryl's experiments earlier too.

DCR

Post by DCR »

icekatze wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:41 am
If I were to place my bets, I'd bet that he says something about it. He's already dropped some hints, seemingly unintentionally, and he was cooperating with Beryl's experiments earlier too.
Agreed - Captain Jardin said he'd pick Loroi way back when. Also not a bad idea to be nice to (cooperate with) the galactic superpower you happen to be entirely dependent upon for personal survival, and likely survival of the species.

Also, fantastic art in this comic, very good emotional communication.

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

Despite having beam weapons it chose to use a blade how personal a killing method.

raistlin34

Post by raistlin34 »

CrimsonFALKE wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:06 am
Despite having beam weapons it chose to use a blade how personal a killing method.
More energy efficient against unarmed civilians in proximity, I guess.

Darroth

Post by Darroth »

Talon was on Alex's right shoulder on page 183

GeoModder

Post by GeoModder »

Darroth wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:19 pm
Talon was on Alex's right shoulder on page 183
Its a Soroin takeover!

Moik

Post by Moik »

I don't think there's even been a pink-haired one shown on the shuttle at all.

Ithekro

Post by Ithekro »

Flint is on of the guards. Last time we saw her, she has her helmet on last we saw her. I imagine this shows the passage of time, and watch shift.