How Well Would The Loroi Female Characters Adapt To Life On Earth?

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Bamax

How Well Would The Loroi Female Characters Adapt To Life On Earth?

Post by Bamax »

I have known of the Outsider comic for a while, but I did not start really keep reading it with interest until the advent of the green haired 'biscuit graveyard', which probably means silly and dead from her teammate.

Spiral I love, and her quirky way of speech and cuteness have drawn me to her as she is different than all the others. She also is kind of take charge and commanding, but for rather not so serious matters, which is amusing, unlike when Beryl does it. Beryl sometimes when commanding seems like she is bossy or obsessed with Alex....perhaps both. Whereas Spiral is not obsessed but is willing to spend time with Alex regardless. She seems more like Talon's sidekick or wingman....wanting to get and share whatever she does in part.

Anyways, if the Loroi female characters made it to Earth as part of a interstellar exchange program and were there for a year living in an apartment together, what jobs would each do best in to support the expenses?

What jobs would each absolutely fail in so hard it would be fun to watch?

After a year, they go back home to Loroi territory. What happens in the meantime on Earth? Shenanigans I know!

Spiral?

Beryl?

Tempo?

Stillstorm?

Fireblade?

Talon?

All living together paying the bills.

Those are the only Loroi of note that I can think of....here's a quick rundown of their pros and cons.

Beryl: Pros: Openminded (sort of). Compassionate. Has eidetic memory. Cons: Can be intolerant about others beliefs. Blunt....to the point of rudeness, but that I suppose is a telepath problem that ALL Loroi have that she would.have to get over to make it on Earth. Beryl seems smart enough thst she could. Also man-crazy.

Stillstorm; Pros: Leadership qualities, how else did she get where she is? Cons: She tends to put her foot in mouth like most Loroi do. Also seems to have depression and anger simmering within, ready to take it out on anyone she dislikes.

Spiral: Pros: A bundle of joy and cuteness and quirkiness. Cons: I dunno....I really don't. Fill me in on that. Maybe too much of a wingman? I honestly think she would follow Talon to hell and back...for right or wrong, which could be a problem if Talon ever went off the rails. If Talon jumps off a cliff would Spiral follow? I dunno...hope not.

Talon: Pros: Cool enough under pressure to get a job done. Cons: Big on name calling. Once she learns Earth insults that could get her in trouble.

Tempo: Pro: Arguably the most tactful Loroi we have seen. Cons: Cannot think of any. Fill me in. Well...she does give off a certain...royalty and elegance about herself. While not bad, some insecure humans may be put off by a Loroi who does not seem to have a casual mode but seems professional and elegant 24/7.

Fireblade: Pros: Courageous. Cons: She can be violent and scary, and seems to even enjoy it at times even when it is not necessary. I suppose this could be fine if no one gets hurt...but that is exactly the problem. What if?

First job example:

Fastfood: Both Spiral and Talon could do well at this....probably too well and have more fun than they should at work and off work. Beryl I think would run into issues, as human females would think she is out to steal their man...and she probably would be LOL. Fireblade could, but I reckon she would hate it. She seems to be a loner and that requires close proximity teamwork. Tempo could totally win at it, but would have to politely turn down offers to date, as I think her royal elegance precedes simply being man-crazy instead of being picky. Stillstorm? I don't think she would like it at all, given that she is used to telling others what to do.

So what are your thoughts and what can you add to this?

Snoofman

Re: How Well Would The Loroi Female Characters Adapt To Life On Earth?

Post by Snoofman »

If each of the loroi got Earth jobs I would rank them in the following way:

Fireblade: mall cop

Talon: test driver

Spiral: video game tester

Beryl: college lab assistant

Tempo: would likely apply for political intern (get an inside look at humanity politics and how to steer them in Union's favor)

Stillstorm: supermarket manager. They could use a female with military experience in order to deal with Earth's annual materialist crisis... aka Black Friday!

Cloud: barista

DevilDalek

Post by DevilDalek »

All I can say is, thank god they cant read our minds..

Snoofman

Post by Snoofman »

DevilDalek wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 6:38 pm
Oh, don't worry. ;) They may not be able to read our minds, but they have other methods of uncovering humanity's dark secrets. Wait till they discover social media... and a few other things I dare not mention for decency's sake.

Dan Wyatt

Post by Dan Wyatt »

Snoofman wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 3:20 am
DevilDalek wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 6:38 pm
Oh, don't worry. ;) They may not be able to read our minds, but they have other methods of uncovering humanity's dark secrets. Wait till they discover social media... and a few other things I dare not mention for decency's sake.
lol, I bet they can't get around Sadpanda! ;)

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

I would enjoy seeing them on a game show....maybe Surivor or Hell's Kitchen?

Survivor: Putting Talon and Spiral together with the group will make voting kind of lopsided since they are like BFF's. Tempo would have little problem eating grubworms and whatever gross food challenges come her way. Beryl's chance of actually winning would seem low unless she won challenges enough, since I figure the pilot gals would vote off Tempo or Beryl easily if given the chance.

Hell's Kitchen: Facial expressions would be fun to watch. I can see it now...Ramsay yelling at Tempo for serving raw food, "I don't care if that's how they like it on Loroi world! This is Earth! If I said it once I've have said it a thoudand times!"

Tempo may fume, and the other gals (the pilots for sure) may get some amusement out of seeing a high ranking officer scolded so....besides the fact that they hate her idea of what tastes good anyway. Tempo would probably like escargo and sushi though.

wolf329

Post by wolf329 »

Fireblade, trying to enjoy a walk in the park probably:

(source: Invincible #77)
#1 Tempo simp

Fun fact: did you know that "Loroi Union" has the same number of syllables as "California"?