Miscellaneous Cast question-and-answer thread

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

jterlecki

Miscellaneous Cast question-and-answer thread

Post by jterlecki »

So with Arioch's blessing, I am starting this thread to allow us to ask questions that are specific to the cast members of Outsider - as long as they don't compromise the plot.

jterlecki

Re: Miscellaneous Cast question-and-answer thread

Post by jterlecki »

If Beryl, Tempo and Fireblade each could pick up a Terran sport, which ones would they go for?

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

Are these questions for me, or are you asking the other posters about their opinions?

jterlecki

Post by jterlecki »

Arioch wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:43 am
Are these questions for me, or are you asking the other posters about their opinions?
I think you are best qualified to answer them, but others can chime in!

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

Beryl seems like she'd fit right in to the stereotypical anime high school girl playing tennis.
ocean waves rikako2.jpg
ocean waves rikako2.jpg (11.84 KiB) Viewed 10697 times
For the rest, I'll leave to the imagination.

gaerzi

Post by gaerzi »

Fireblade would play Demolition Derby. Without starting her car. While sitting on the audience's benches.

orion1836

Post by orion1836 »

gaerzi wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:21 am
Fireblade would play Demolition Derby. Without starting her car. While sitting on the audience's benches.
She'd make a literal splash in MMA.

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

Seems like all Listel are potential Einsteins.... since they don't forget... anything.

Possibly the only thing holding any back including Beryl is a lack of interest in physics LOL.

Just depends on the Listel. Spiral probably played around more in Trade language class than Talon who speaks fluently. Either that or Spiral comes from a region so backward that over there, the way Spiral speaks is just how the teachers teach trade... since they aren't so good at Trade either LOL.

It is refreshing to know not all Loroi are god-mode smart. That humans can outsmart them.

They are neither too smart nor Goauld or Imperial Empire level stupid.
Last edited by Bamax on Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Krin

Post by Krin »

I'm interested to know how many times the Loroi have lied to Alex, and specifically has Beryl lied to Alex?

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

Krin wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:44 pm
I'm interested to know how many times the Loroi have lied to Alex, and specifically has Beryl lied to Alex?

Spoilers!

Do you really believe Arioch will give that away? Instead of making a joke about it?

So far I don't think Alex has been lied to. Remember Loroi are not used to telling lies, and the warrior (Stillstorm) who is looked up to as a living legend is known for being unapolegetically blunt in her honesty.

Still what Loroi don't say or reveal is at least as important as what they do.

The Historian though... I don't trust him as far as I can hack him.

The worst and most dangerous lies have some truth... but are not conpletely true.

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

spock_truth.jpg
spock_truth.jpg (100.58 KiB) Viewed 10492 times

gaerzi

Post by gaerzi »

Bamax wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:52 pm
So far I don't think Alex has been lied to. Remember Loroi are not used to telling lies, and the warrior (Stillstorm) who is looked up to as a living legend is known for being unapolegetically blunt in her honesty.

Still what Loroi don't say or reveal is at least as important as what they do.
Yes. A more pertinent question would be whether they have misled him. This doesn't require lying, simply a careful selection of what truths you do say. A specific example could be here where they cut off Mozin and Tempo explains that as the Barsam trying to push their agenda. Which is probably not false! But she's not giving any of the context that makes Alex relevant to said agenda. Granted, there were more urgent matters at hand...

jterlecki

Post by jterlecki »

Is Fireblade the only one in the cast that has a major psi-implant?

Dan Wyatt

Post by Dan Wyatt »

jterlecki wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:51 pm
Is Fireblade the only one in the cast that has a major psi-implant?
Other Teidars like Flint also have one, even Tempo may have one, but she uses it less than the others.

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

All the Teidar get amplifiers.

Flint isn't Teidar, though. Flint and Reed are Soroin.

Keklas Rekobah

Post by Keklas Rekobah »

jterlecki wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:07 am
If Beryl, Tempo and Fireblade each could pick up a Terran sport, which ones would they go for?
[opinion=mine]

Assuming a collegiate environment, Tempo would be on the Debate team, the Student Council, and/or the Student Judiciary Committee.

[/opinion]
“Qua is the sine qua non of sine qua non qua sine qua non.” -- Attributed to many

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

Which Loroi character would you get along with best as a roommate for 6 months and which would you not and why?

For me? I dunno... but I fancy Stillstorm. The one I would likely get along best with?. I am too old to realky want to deal with all the antics of the Taben pilots.

Likely I would get along with Tempo but knowing her she would likely find a way to play tricks on me because she is a scary Mizol. So that's a reason right there to avoid her.

So Stillstorm it is. She could stab me, but I will probably have earned it if she does, as she seems to wear her feelings on her sleeve so you would see that coming ahead of time anyway.

No way for Fireblad3 for super obvious overpowered throw-you-against-the-wall reasons .

Snoofman

Post by Snoofman »

Which one would I choose as my roommate?

I would probably choose Beryl. While a lot of people are not fans of Beryl for the moment considering she <seemingly> held a pistol to Alex's back, I'm holding out that there is an explanation for this.

Beryl is quite chatty, but if the conversation is intellectual, I don't mind. Beryl doesn't strike me as a girl for small talk. Beryl is straightforward and polite. On top of that, I think she would compel her roommate to take initiative to keep the house clean. Something tells me Loroi don't like a dirty place. ON top of that, I would enjoy arguing with Beryl over philosophical subjects.

Definitely not Stillstorm. No doubt she would make sure things got done, but her belligerent attitude and xenophobic disposition would drive me nuts. On top of that, I'm not a military-oriented person, so that doesn't work for me. You don't have to be friends to be good roommates, but being friendly certainly helps.

The others maybe.

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

Snoofman wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:52 am
Which one would I choose as my roommate?

I would probably choose Beryl. While a lot of people are not fans of Beryl for the moment considering she <seemingly> held a pistol to Alex's back, I'm holding out that there is an explanation for this.

Beryl is quite chatty, but if the conversation is intellectual, I don't mind. Beryl doesn't strike me as a girl for small talk. Beryl is straightforward and polite. On top of that, I think she would compel her roommate to take initiative to keep the house clean. Something tells me Loroi don't like a dirty place. ON top of that, I would enjoy arguing with Beryl over philosophical subjects.

Definitely not Stillstorm. No doubt she would make sure things got done, but her belligerent attitude and xenophobic disposition would drive me nuts. On top of that, I'm not a military-oriented person, so that doesn't work for me. You don't have to be friends to be good roommates, but being friendly certainly helps.

The others maybe.

I like Beryl's intellect too... but remembering EVERYTHING you did and did not do can easily be a double edged sword!

That's why I would want a normal Loroi... battle scarred though she may be, maybe she can be helped to chill out or at least put some perspective on my own challenges.

Stillstorm: "Oh paying rent stresses you out? Try getting blown unconscious into hard vacuum!"

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

If the main Loroi cast learned and played basketball for 6 months, would they still get stomped by human women basketball players? Alex will coach them.

Who would be the MVP (Most Valuable Player)? Who would be the LVP (Least Valuable Player)?

Round one: High school girls from your hometown.

Round Two: USA Olympic Women's Team

Round 3: Any three of the Loroi cast you want versus... Michael Jordan in his prime, Shaquille Oneill in his prime, and Kobe Bryant in his prime.

Note: Loroi CAN use their uber powers if they can do so without detection. I tend to think the glowing eyes wil be a dead give away though. I also think sanzai can ve more hindrance than help if Berryl is as chatty in sanzai as she is with spoken words. Oh I am sure Beryl can analyze and predict moves like no one else, yet if she could not counter them it's more depressing than helpful. The sanzai will have a negative effect if the girls or even one starts sending that they are losing.