Page 213: The Bug Hunt is on!

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Highlord

Re: Page 213: The Bug Hunt is on!

Post by Highlord »

CrimsonFALKE wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:43 pm
Are those laser weapons he has or dud rifles I see no actions, ejection ports or safety on the human guns.
You're also looking at the left side of the rifle. Shooters tend to not like getting hot brass to the face. :lol:
Arioch wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:24 pm
There's no ejection port; the ammunition is caseless. The selector and safety is at the thumb.
HISSS! *Claws*

Overkill Engine

Post by Overkill Engine »

Highlord wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:49 am

You're also looking at the left side of the rifle. Shooters tend to not like getting hot brass to the face. :lol:
As far as weapons that used cased ammo, it can also suck to be on the left side of a left handed shooter. Had hot brass bounce off their arm and land on the back of my neck. And stay there.

Staying in position and on target took a bit of willpower at that point.

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

Highlord wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:49 am
CrimsonFALKE wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:43 pm
Are those laser weapons he has or dud rifles I see no actions, ejection ports or safety on the human guns.
Arioch wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:24 pm
There's no ejection port; the ammunition is caseless. The selector and safety is at the thumb.
HISSS! *Claws*
I am left handed so I got to deal with brass issues naturally.

wedgekree

Post by wedgekree »

Completely unrelated to all this, I think of osmething from the old Marvel 2099 series where they had widespread plasma weaponry and someone was using a shotgun. 'Why do you cock it?' 'Because it's awesome'.