A question of ruthlessness... spoiler...ish?

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Arioch
Site Admin

Re: A question of ruthlessness... spoiler...ish?

Post by Arioch »

Arioch wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:29 pm
And so the administration had to back her up, and Azerein Loremark refused foreign calls for her to be charged with war crimes.
Teigo Azerein Laiedas was First Loroi Emperor Loremark, and was the head of the administration during all three Mannadi wars. She was not the commander involved in the Enok incident (that person hasn't been given a name), but I can see how the wording above could be misinterpreted that way.

Krulle

Re: A question of ruthlessness... spoiler...ish?

Post by Krulle »

Bamax wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:17 pm
Arioch wrote:
No, pretty much the reverse. The commander in question was not acting outside the bounds of the law. While she didn't have direct authorization from the administration, she didn't need it; frontier commanders need to have broad license to act, since communication with the central authority takes time, and her actions were not technically outside the scope of her orders. And so the administration had to back her up, and Azerein Loremark refused foreign calls for her to be charged with war crimes. But the incident brought the Loroi to the brink of a general war, and so no, the administration was not pleased.
Wait.... I saw EMPEROR Loremark in the forum searches.

Am I to believe this is the same Loremark that nearly wiped out the Mannadi pro bono?

So a former genocidal commander can become emperor?

Or was this another person named Loremark (popular name eh?).

Perhaps the Loroi public was OK with the genocide overall?
I fear you got the context wrong, and interpreted English wrong.
Emperor/Azerein Loremark got asked/demanded by other factions and aliens to put the commander in charge of the Mennadi debacle to trial.
Azerein Loremark, in her function as Emperor and commander-in-chief of the Loroi forces, refused and blocked all those requests.

This is all that I can interpret out of Arioch's comment.
Arioch wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:39 pm
Arioch wrote:
And so the administration had to back her up, and Azerein Loremark refused foreign calls for her to be charged with war crimes.
Teigo Azerein Laiedas was First Loroi Emperor Loremark, and was the head of the administration during all three Mannadi wars. She was not the commander involved in the Enok incident (that person hasn't been given a name), but I can see how the wording above could be misinterpreted that way.
For me in the sense that Azerein Loremark is the head of the administration.
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123, after the battle page 195