Happy New Year 2022 edition.

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

TerrifyingKitten

Happy New Year 2022 edition.

Post by TerrifyingKitten »

So we all know what a fight 2020 was.

Last year we were informed that 2020 won.

I just hope this year is not 2020 too.

(apologies is this is a repeat of a dad joke)

Arioch
Site Admin

Re: Happy New Year 2022 edition.

Post by Arioch »

Best wishes for everyone in the coming year.

Unless you're an Umiak. Fuck those guys.

Demarquis

Post by Demarquis »

Happy New Year!! Woooo!

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

The Umiak would say, "Keep up the good work all you Hierarchy. The sooner we we win the sooner we can reduce your work load. Thank you all and keep working! We are almost there!"

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

If nothing else, 2021 was one hell of a year for the advance of space travel. Despite continuing setbacks for NASA's SLS and Boeing's Starliner, the new rocket companies like SpaceX, Rocketlabs and Astra (and even Blue Origin) and Chinese and Indian space programs saw landmark achievements this past year. And even the JWST finally launched (and let's hope 25 years and $10 billion aren't lost on a mechanical glitch during the telescope's elaborate deployment process).

2022 should be even more interesting for aerospace advancement.

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

It also gave us the Matrix 4, which while underwhelming did give me a chuckle as it gave us a homeless Merovingian.... which is quite the fall from grace for a guy that was all class and wealth.

It would be one and the same if Tempo was in rags ranting and raving with brown teeth... some funny irony there.

The films seems more comedy than matrix, and probably should have just leaned into it even harder given what that the drama hardly matches any previous films in the series.

Tamri

Post by Tamri »

Congratulations from Koori (and Fireblade)

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

Tamri wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:02 am
Congratulations from Koori (and Fireblade)

Tilt her eyes inward a bit and make them a bit wider and the irises a tad bigger and she would look more Loroi and less human.

It's the 'secret sauce' arioch uses.

Never forget their elven origins... pointy ears are not enough.

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

Bamax wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:46 pm
It also gave us the Matrix 4
It also gave us new strains of pathogens, but neither are something to be grateful for.

I lost interest in The Matrix after the first sequel, which while not terrible (as if anything with Monica Bulluci in it can truly be terrible), it retconned most of what was good and interesting about the first film. Together with the dumpster fire that was Speed Racer, I concluded that whatever talent (if any) the Wachowski "brothers" might have had was excised along with their man-parts.

Thanks to Koori for the gift artwork.

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

Arioch wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:52 am
Bamax wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:46 pm
It also gave us the Matrix 4
It also gave us new strains of pathogens, but neither are something to be grateful for.

I lost interest in The Matrix after the first sequel, which while not terrible (as if anything with Monica Bulluci in it can truly be terrible), it retconned most of what was good and interesting about the first film. Together with the dumpster fire that was Speed Racer, I concluded that whatever talent (if any) the Wachowski "brothers" might have had was excised along with their man-parts.

Thanks to Koori for the gift artwork.
Haha... on reddit a commenter joked that Monica must have left the Merovigian because he did not want to kiss her, and he probably subsists off leftover pizza boxes and beer off the table in his former mansion.

I actually liked the sequels. I am not quite sure how the sequels retconned the original, other than the revelation that Neo was not so unique after all.

But I will agree the latest is.... more a statement than a film.

Keanu said Warner Bros approached him to ask him to do matrix 4 without the Wachowski's but Keanu refused. And in the film they flat out say in so many words that WB would have done Matrix 4 with or without the originals.

It's literally an inside joke that Wachovski made it because he felt he had to or else WB would do it and... ruin it?

Why let WB ruin it when you can do it yourself right lol?

Jagged

Post by Jagged »

Bamax wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:16 am
Why let WB ruin it when you can do it yourself right lol?
And be paid well to ruin it, of course ;)