If Loroi Made Alexa...

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Bamax

If Loroi Made Alexa...

Post by Bamax »

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/K1UU1o6yzpI

I found this video hilarious... and watching more like it has helped me to better understand Asian culture, which up till now I felt was the most alien of all human cultures I have encountered. But now think I get it. Uber work ethic, and an A grade in math is only average, a B is failure, but an F means your parents virtually want to disown you lol.

What would Alexa be like if Loroi made it? I almost wonder if it would be somewhat insulting simply due to the fact that Loroi are used to frank expression and literally sharing their thoughts. So it would probably be a bit like Asian Alexa lol.

Demarquis

Re: If Loroi Made Alexa...

Post by Demarquis »

It would just glare at you until you died.

Post by avatar576 »

What if the Loroi made Alexa? Well, it would very much depend on the personality of the Loroi designing it. Let's base it on some of our main characters:

Alex: "Alexa, what's the Pythagorean Theorem?"
Alexa Beryl: "In mathematics, the Pythagorean theorem or Pythagoras' theorem is a fundamental relation in Euclidean geometry between the three sides of a right triangle. It states that the area of the square whose side is the hypotenuse (the side opposite the right angle) is equal to the sum of the areas of the squares on the other two sides. This theorem can be written as an equation relating the lengths of the sides a, b and the hypotenuse c, often called the Pythagorean equation: a^ 2 + b^ 2 = c ^2. The theorem is named for the Greek philosopher Pythagoras, born around 570 BC..."

Alex: "Alexa, could you turn the lights up, please?"
Alexa Fireblade: "There are only two settings: 'on' and 'brighter than 1000 suns.'"

Alex: "Alexa, order me a new pair of Nike shoes, please."
Alexa Talon: "Those will look hideous on you. Ordering one pair of Tenoin boots instead. They will look much better, I think."

Alex: "Alexa, there's a Thai place, but I'm allergic to peanuts."
Alexa Tempo: "In that case, may I suggest you avoid the Perrein bistro as well? If your tame Earth cuisine is lethal to you, there's no telling what sori or dogos might do."

Each could be useful/amusing, but if I see a Historian Alexa, I'm taking a sledgehammer to it immediately.

Demarquis

Post by Demarquis »

"Each could be useful/amusing, but if I see a Historian Alexa, I'm taking a sledgehammer to it immediately."

You imagine this would do any good?

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:37 am
What if the Loroi made Alexa? Well, it would very much depend on the personality of the Loroi designing it. Let's base it on some of our main characters:

Alex: "Alexa, what's the Pythagorean Theorem?"
Alexa Beryl: "In mathematics, the Pythagorean theorem or Pythagoras' theorem is a fundamental relation in Euclidean geometry between the three sides of a right triangle. It states that the area of the square whose side is the hypotenuse (the side opposite the right angle) is equal to the sum of the areas of the squares on the other two sides. This theorem can be written as an equation relating the lengths of the sides a, b and the hypotenuse c, often called the Pythagorean equation: a^ 2 + b^ 2 = c ^2. The theorem is named for the Greek philosopher Pythagoras, born around 570 BC..."

Alex: "Alexa, could you turn the lights up, please?"
Alexa Fireblade: "There are only two settings: 'on' and 'brighter than 1000 suns.'"

Alex: "Alexa, order me a new pair of Nike shoes, please."
Alexa Talon: "Those will look hideous on you. Ordering one pair of Tenoin boots instead. They will look much better, I think."

Alex: "Alexa, there's a Thai place, but I'm allergic to peanuts."
Alexa Tempo: "In that case, may I suggest you avoid the Perrein bistro as well? If your tame Earth cuisine is lethal to you, there's no telling what sori or dogos might do."

Each could be useful/amusing, but if I see a Historian Alexa, I'm taking a sledgehammer to it immediately.

Spiral and Stillstorm (near polar opposites with how they regard Alex, since to Spiral he's a cute alien male but Stilly views him as either dead weight or a potential threat at worst)?

Demarquis

Post by Demarquis »

Alex: "Alexa, shortest route to a movie cinema."

Alexa Stillstorm: "And why would you want that? Checking calendar... you're planning to skip work this afternoon aren't you? *That is not allowed!*