Sex Questions

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Demarquis

Re: Sex Questions

Post by Demarquis »

"a mute live pink sex doll"

Going on the list of phrases I did not expect to see today.

DevilDalek

Post by DevilDalek »

*grumbles and goes to re-write his fan comic*

mwightman

Post by mwightman »

DevilDalek wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:34 am
LOLOLOL be interesting to read the "before" and "after" editions

DevilDalek

Post by DevilDalek »

mwightman wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:01 pm
DevilDalek wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:34 am
LOLOLOL be interesting to read the "before" and "after" editions
Lol , not much to it, just a script and there wasn't really that much sex in it! And it was more dormant stuff in both Loroi and Humans that was designed by the Soia to trigger if the two should meet.

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

So then... If it's dormant, the Loroi don't know about it and might find that their own behaviour strongly changes in the presence of Human Mothers?

You can still leave it in, because it has not affected the Loroi before they met Humanity.
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123, after the battle page 195

Gudo

Post by Gudo »

DevilDalek wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:23 pm
...And it was more dormant stuff in both Loroi and Humans that was designed by the Soia to trigger if the two should meet.
My own headcanon for Arioch's story contains a dormant telepath element. It doesn't make sense that Humans should be so abnormally telepathically inert in the absence of some form of long term, evolutionary selective pressure. I haven't really played with the idea too much though.

Moon Moth

Post by Moon Moth »

Gudo wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:32 pm
My own headcanon for Arioch's story contains a dormant telepath element. It doesn't make sense that Humans should be so abnormally telepathically inert in the absence of some form of long term, evolutionary selective pressure. I haven't really played with the idea too much though.
Same here. My headcanon is that there's psi (telesend, telereceive, telekinesis, etc.) and shield (lotai), and aliens abducted all the high-psi individuals. The ones left behind had high enough shield that their psi was basically useless and thus didn't have evolutionary pressure (aside from occasional random mutations that produced high psi but weren't heritable), and faded with time. And so the shield faded too, since it didn't produce any benefit, but it started at a higher level and so still works. Possibly the result is that humans have a bit of latent psi that helps with entities who can't shield and works in the background, so we're better that we "should" be at animal husbandry and infant care, and we bond together in groups better than non-psi sophonts, and when two of us mutually fall in love it tends to work out better than for non-psi sophonts, and we come across as super-likeable in person to most aliens. Charismatic Democracy: HFY!

I'm not sure the levels really work out - modern human shield is sufficient to defeat some very strong Loroi psi - but it's fun to think that although humans have a superpower, it's simply that everyone else likes us a bit more than they should.

Demarquis

Post by Demarquis »

If the humans can be trained to communicate telepathically with the Loroi, then do they become the only aliens who can do that?

SaintofM

Post by SaintofM »

Demarquis wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:27 pm
If the humans can be trained to communicate telepathically with the Loroi, then do they become the only aliens who can do that?
Not sure if this is a trainable trait, but it could be. I wonder if it could be something that can added in with some Genetic Modifications (like with the Glow In the Dark Fish at pet stores).

On the subject of all things coitus between the Blues and the Pinks, I have to wonder what the Loroi would feel emotionaly. Sex, even when its just to scratch an itch and nothing more than that, is still a very intimate thing. With exceptions of medical conditions and Asexuals that often feeel nothing but pain or all things related to "meh" when it comes to sex, or those just faking it, humans were made to feel extreme amounts of pleasure from it. While physical pleasure is a big factor, an emotional one is also there. This can leave one maybe open to sugestion or more willing to talk in these moments of post coitus bliss.

I could see a pair of Loroi doing this with their mental abilities given that touch makes these connections stronger and lovemaking involves alot of touching.

Would the lack of this weird some of the blue warrior ladies out? Conversely if one of their males tried it with a human female FOR SCIENCE?

And maybe this is just speculation on my part, but Alex getting tortured for information is giving him dreams of places he's never been and interacting with people he has never seen. What are the viewers thoughts on if sex could potential do the same thing (not expecting Arch to talk on that aspect as that would be heavy spoilers).

DevilDalek

Post by DevilDalek »

SaintofM wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:47 am

Would the lack of this weird some of the blue warrior ladies out? Conversely if one of their males tried it with a human female FOR SCIENCE?
Cdr. Nirvanah Crane : [to Rimmer] You make love like a Japanese meal: small portions, but oh, so many courses.

SVlad

Induced ovulation

Post by SVlad »

TIL there is such thing as induced ovulation. Cats for example. Seems like Loroi have exactly that mechanic.
Outsider in Russian