INTRODUCTION THREAD

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

flarecde

Re: INTRODUCTION THREAD

Post by flarecde »

Herros.

I've been a lurker on the old forums for years. I had an account but rarely posted, the intellectual superiority of this forum intimidates me just a little :P. Makes for some very entertaining reading though!
Reality is nothing, perception is everything.

caldazar

Post by caldazar »

Hi. I found Outsider while searching for.....something, I forget what. Awesome comic, love the art, really love the Insider and all the thought that goes into the world-building.

I mostly lurk on forums, but I may post once in a while, so I thought I'd say hello.

Sprawl63

Post by Sprawl63 »

Hi!

Been following Outsider since page 55, love it so far. Huge fan of space opera and cyber punk.

Ktrain

Post by Ktrain »

Sprawl63 wrote:Hi!

Been following Outsider since page 55, love it so far. Huge fan of space opera and cyber punk.
You ever read Transmetropolitan?
OUTSIDER UPDATE => HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED?

sleepdeprived

Post by sleepdeprived »

hi

|'ve been a fan for some time now, even tried to register with the old forum.
Love the comic, love the discussions.

Igennus

Post by Igennus »

Hi all,

I'm Igennus, from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. I first found this comic from a referral from the davidweber.net Honorverse forum (speaking of which if you are into space opera I'd highly recommend that series, if everything by David Weber).

I'm a big fan of sci-fi in general and space opera in particular. Definitely more on the Star Trek than the Star Wars side of the "Great Geek Divide (tm)".

A message to Herr Author Jim. I tip my hat to you on this deeply considered and well constructed exercise in World Building and am excited to read and learn more about the players and finding out what role Humanity will play on this very large stage. No expectation of spoilers of course but I do hope that Humans find a useful role in the Union beyond "well meaning barbarians" or "cannon fodder" for the Loroi.

Cheers,
Igennus

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

I'll interject a short post here to thank Igennus for his remarks but also to welcome everyone who has posted in this thread (or who will in future post in this thread) for joining this forum and engaging in the discussion here.

RaZ

Post by RaZ »

Hi all, I'm RaZ. I lost my ultra-high post count in the old forums, and I'm too saddened by that to try starting over.

Been reading since early 2003, and Outsider is the only webcomic I was reading then that I'm still reading now, and I've been through a number of them. Thanks for keeping the comic clean too, Arioch.

Blackbox

Post by Blackbox »

Hello, my name is Blackbox. I've been reading the comic since the page count was in single digits, and had the same name on the earlier forum.
I rarely say anything, either because I have nothing useful to say, or I wait too long to say anything at all.

Darth Cloaked Guy

Post by Darth Cloaked Guy »

Oh hey, there's an introductions thread. Whaddaya know, I missed it somehow.

I seem to have already introduced myself elsewhere here, but hiya all the same.

Death by Chains

Post by Death by Chains »

Hi. I was here for a couple of posts a few years ago, but I dropped out because I had too many other fora to track, and it looks like my old account disappeared with the old forum. :oops:

I don't know if I'll be any more vocal this time around, but in my catching-up I did have a couple of thoughts (insights?) about p.88 that I thought the community might want to consider, and I'm adding them to the thread right now. ;)
SO JUDGED.

Markward

Post by Markward »

Hello.

What can I say...

First, I really do enjoy the comic, and as soon as I get paid, I'll definitely have to toss a few Dollars into the tipjar for such an engrossing comic.

Second, I am an avid sci-fi fan. I tend to lean towards to Star trek, with Deep Space nine as my favorite series (And yes, I know it was created as a response to the Equally great show called Babylon 5).

As far as my forum name, that comes from my Player Character from Classic battletech, another thing I happen to enjoy.

JeroOfBaconGrease

Post by JeroOfBaconGrease »

Well, I'm Jero,

I used to post a bit on the old forum, occasionally. Mostly just lurking to watch the art progress thread.

I'm a bit of a general purpose geek, some of the guys on here are intimidatingly awesomely smart. I'm more of an engineering kinda guy, though I always enjoy learning neat things about the universe at large.

Hmmm, other fun stuff.
There ARE FOUR Lights!

Fusebox

Post by Fusebox »

Rojo amigos, you may refer to me as Lord Kommander Fusebox Von Canadian Esquire the 33rd.

I'm a middle class nerd with an absolute love of hard sci fi and what has been described as a "slightly disturbing" level of knowledge of firearms for a guy that has very little first hand experience with them.

Also if you try to argue that the AKs/74u is a sub machine gun just because Call of Duty said so I might just have to kill you. With my mind.

I've been following the comic for a few months now. I'm a little disappointed at the pace, but hey, beggars can't be choosers, and the artwork and story so far MORE than make up for that.

Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Greetings. Just saw this today. Read this today entirely, and I must say it pleases me greatly.

I found this via Tvtropes comments.

Although there are two things that have me launch this message.

1- That humans aren't the gods of war (yet) in this setting. It brings me memories of a fantasy webcomic where humans are equally, if not even worse, and the blend with sci-fi is of my taste (due to my science of choice: Physics).
2- Female Space Elves gone wild. Sort of. :mrgreen: I have to confess I once thought of something similar on a remote board no one would care about, but there was a big difference. Those "elves" of mine had become so advanced, they were hellbent on making an Universal Builder... and let's say that a glitchy universal builder is...undesirable. :shock: (Bouncing back from 15/16 to 11 in the scale. You get the idea...)

Here's hoping yours fare better, and I'm expecting to see more of this goodness!

Michael

Post by Michael »

wwweeee, thread revival :D hi iv just registered here and found this thread so here i am introducing myself :D, well here goes

im a wannabe writer, iv been following Outsider for the last year or so and have been enjoying it very much!!
i live in England, Essex, right in the middle of nowhere, ha :) oh, and im waiting for the 93 page with abated breath....well i think thats it for the time being :D
CJ Miller: How many millions must be banned before we stop having pointless arguments on the Internet?
fredgiblet: ALL OF THEM! Our banhammers will blot out the sun!
CptWinters: Then we will troll in the shade.!

Durabys

Post by Durabys »

Hi people :) . My name is Durabys. I am a very frequent poster on spacebattles.com and alternatehistory.com, have also profiles on both FanFiction.net and StarDestroyer.net forums (always use same profile name).

I love this story because how much depth and background was put into it by the author 8-).
Last edited by Durabys on Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Si vis pacem, para bellum. - If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Halbrogen

Post by Halbrogen »

Hi Guys!

thought I'd introduce myself,

I'm Hal and I'm From the US. I'm an Auto mechanic, specializing in Automotive Drive-trains(transmissions) and suspension, I've been a long time reader but have never bothered with the Forums before this. But i thought I'd join in now. Love the Comic (How can you hate Blue space elf babes? seriously), great artwork you got going here Arioch.

man_of_foul_tofu

Post by man_of_foul_tofu »

Welcome. My name is Thomas, my profile name came to me after a bad tofu eating experiment. I am from Western Australia and I enjoy the thoughts as well as the art behind this webcomic. I've been posting here for a bit now. Hope to continue posting reasonably intelligent comments without being drawn into flamewars.

Suggestion - go to http://www.tangents.us/ for some good thoughtful webcomic reviews, Outsider is mentioned there and is mentioned with praise.

ed_montague

Post by ed_montague »

Whoa. An introduction thread.

Um...hi. I read Outsider. That much should be obvious. I don't know what else to say.
Ensign Jardin is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling-place
The stars my destination