INTRODUCTION THREAD

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Him.

INTRODUCTION THREAD

Post by Him. »

If you are new and wish to introduce yourself, feel free to do it in this thread.

I am Him., and I have been following the comic for a good long while.

sunphoenix

Re: INTRODUCTION THREAD

Post by sunphoenix »

Hi! I'm ...sort of new to the forums could not get in to the old one with any regularity... I love this one! :) I found Outsider by accident... was doing a web search for Outsiders Art the manga ... wanted to get some pics of the Shantavasku Organic Battle-Cruisers of Kham's Imperial Fleet. Found outsiders instead... was greatly impressed stop looking for pics! lol!

Hey Him... "Why kill when you can torment with tooth decay...?"

Sorry... had to do it... one of my favorite lines from the Powerpuff Girls! lol! :)
Last edited by sunphoenix on Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Gudo

Post by Gudo »

Right. Gudo here. Been following Outsider since I saw it on the FreeOrion forums. (It's an open source 4x game ala Masters or Orion 2.) Played a bunch of Homeworld, Sins, etc. Space is my game :P

Cdr Straker

Post by Cdr Straker »

Hello All,

I've been a fan of Outsider for some time now (intro'd @ page 18 IIRC) and have been hanging on every update and addition. Glad I can finally talk to someone and take part in the banter. Give a shout if there are any submarine veterans here.
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
-George Orwell

Suttrjac

Post by Suttrjac »

Well I reckon I'm right kindly surprised I done ever got onto these forums. I tried way back when when the old timers were discussing loroi birth ratios and chromosones and they even had a damn outline or something of the sort that showed the transfer of em from mother to daughter. Been following the comic and the forums since, can't say I regret it since there's usually some kind of interesting going on.

That all said I do have a question for the old timers here. I remember seeing some info on infantry in the forums. If I can recollect it said something to the tune of there being soldiering yet in the universe though the story wouldn't be trekking in that kind a territory. Even still I was wondering if there was any new info since then on small arms or armor or any kind of an MTB or the like.

I thanky all in advance. (Probably should start this in another thread though since this topic here on introductions) Oh well. :D

manticore7

Post by manticore7 »

Greetings, stumbled on to this comic when I was looking for Masters of Orion fan art on DA and I'm glad I did. My hobby among others are drawing space ships which I draw better then I draw people ( female body is especially hard for me to draw).
"Worlds governed by artificial intelligence often learned a hard lesson, Logic doesn't care"
Andromeda season 2 episode 6 All too Human

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

I belive I was Firewing on Ye Olde forums....popped in occasionaly there. Love the comic.

dfacto

Post by dfacto »

Hello

Been reading Outsider since around page 50 and always wanted to take part in nerdy space-battle discussions. Now I can. :)

Zachg56

Post by Zachg56 »

Hey all, Zachg56 the friendly Imperial Stormtrooper here wishing everyone a g'day now.
Been a fan of the comic for half a year (or longer, I can't remember) and finally decided to re-join after my first attempt on the old forum never got past the activation phase heheheh.

How are y'all?

Rosen_Ritter_1

Post by Rosen_Ritter_1 »

Came over from the old forum just to have some interesting discussions.

icekatze

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

Aloha! It is good to see new and old faces alike. :)

"I could tell that he was good, and that it was going to be bad for us, but there was something else I noticed. He hesitated."

Serkr Team

Post by Serkr Team »

Hello forum. Been following Arioch to an extent since the halcyon days of homeworld 2, imagine my surprise when I browsed well-of-souls and found this! All those years of hw shipyards and I had no idea this was tucked away right in there!

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

bonjour a tous

I'm Nomad and I've been fallowing Arioch comic since HW1 came out and I found homeworld shipyard. i must admit I was lurking in the old forum for far too long before I started to post up respounces. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the new forum will turn out.

NOMAD "NOL"
I am a wander, going from place to place without a home I am a NOMAD

osmium

Post by osmium »

osmium (old forum) -> osmium (new forum).

Joined around #30.

Have a habit of occasional random and long posts.

-O

Trantor

Post by Trantor »

Trantor. Lurking around since #7 or so, couldn´t register on the old forum. Not a native engrish speaker, sorry for glitches, irritations and mistakes in advance.

My name isn´t inspired by Asimov, Trantor is the retarded but utterly strong little brother of "Starkiller, scourge of the universe", a popular, politically incorrect sf-comic-antihero in germany in the 80ies.
I also carry flamethrowers.
;)
sapere aude.

Tash

Post by Tash »

Tash; writer, lurker, and lover of sci-fi.

Been reading Outsider since...around the beginning of chapter one, I think? I stopped checking up for a while, then came back and found a bout of progress!

Oh, and I love Loroi. Maybe too much. Thankfully, there are no restraining orders in space.

Grayhome

Post by Grayhome »

Greetings all, I've been fallowing Outsider for a while and am most impressed with the story, artistic talent and creativity of Arioch.

Though I am only a student as of yet, my interests include reviewing international history, politics and literature as well as reading everything I can get my hands on. Oh, and I enjoy doodling on occasion, but my sister is the ture artist of the family. I will try to pester her into doodling something Outsider-verse related for the forum's viewing pleasure. Let all know that as her little brother I risk no small amount of bodily harm in this. Let my blood prove my devotion to the forum of the faithful!

Here's a link to her page if anyone is interested: http://sable-sama.deviantart.com/

Kazinsal

Post by Kazinsal »

Hi there, I'm Kaz. I'm the administrator of Cordilon Minecraft, the developer of Project Procyon, the creator of the Earth 2350 universe, and an author. I do too much stuff these days.

Loving Outsider, been around for it since near the comic's beginning. It's been a bit of an influence on my work as well.

Also, the Canucks just scored, so I am happy!

--Kaz

Aleena

Post by Aleena »

I'm Aleena, a space elf. I love the Loroi. :)

LegioCI

Post by LegioCI »

I'm Legio, been reading for a while. My interests include reading, various, Large scale-interstellar conflict, Judo, Westerns, world domination, Dungeons and Dragons, anime, relativistic bombardment and stand-up comedy.
"But notice how the Human thinks. 'Interesting... how can I use this as a weapon?'" - Arioch