[RP] Tempest Expedition (OOC)

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Gudo

Re: [RP] Tempest Expedition (OOC)

Post by Gudo »

Sorry for the incomplete IC post :( Stuff came up and I had to leave it. Couldn't save it. Should be able to come back in an hour or so and finish it. Related: Sunpheonix, you don't mind me doing things from your character's POV and having her do some talking do you?

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Nope don't mind it... I "Hope" I have made her personality mostly clear... she is a decent non-stuckup woman but has a somewhat sharp tongue when she thinks something needs saying. She does not hold grudges and speaks truth always like any Loroi...

EDIT: LOL! Just read you post Mord...EXCELLENT! You did a perfect job... the only thing being that a male getting pushy with her and bold enough to touch her without being bidden to do so before hand... would actually turn her on terribly! Forceful males in her opinion are Damn HOT! She would have smiled even wider something very ...lascivious! LOLS!!!

Think of a human man being dressed down by a fiest pretty woman bold enough and brave enough to not be intimidated by his physical size... and you'll get where I'm coming from with Stormrage. Physical contact no matter how brief is VERY intimate with Loroi! :)
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

TheUnforsaken

Post by TheUnforsaken »

Ooh, flashback ;)

A note on the Storm Heavy Fighter's weapons loadout:

The 6 Weapon Hardpoints can be fitted with a number of weapons types. The standard loadout, used for CSP's (Combat Space Patrol) and other missions where the exact loadout needed is unknown (such as the current mission against the Umiak station), consists of 2 Laser Cannon, 2 short-range anti-ship torpedoes and 2 racks of three AMM's.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas

[A] book need never die and should not be killed; books [are] the immortal part of man. - Robert A. Heinlein

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List

Gudo

Post by Gudo »

TheUnforsaken: Be sure to note that on your post in the Character thread :P When players go looking for that type of data, it's the first place they look. Nice style btw.

Sunpheonix: I'll let you make the big posts for Stormrage. I'm not quite comfortable enough with the character to do more than I already have.

Right, finished my post :O It's the very last one on the first page :P It was getting pretty dang long, so I had to cut some things out :( I'm sure there'll be time to develope the relationship between Aedin and Capt. Stone more as time goes on. Also had to leave out a few technical details, but hey. They don't advance the plot. I did also want to interact more with the various Teidar, but there'll be time for that later too. Mostly, I wanted Mord to work on his "Be a good Sergent Major" goal :P

Martenzo

Post by Martenzo »

Since I'm still sort of working on the station layout. I intended to run the war game before the station, but you convinced me (unwittingly or not) that actual plot advance was a better idea. But nonetheless, it means I didn't have the entire picture together just yet.

EDIT: I just took the time to resolve this. I made progress faster than I expected. Here is an image, with all identifiable components visible. (Large Image Warning)
SpoilerShow
Remember that right now, Walker needs to identify all the components and put together a map. And then send it to the boarding party and any other interested parties. Also, the map is still WIP, so I actually haven't exactly put down the locations of all other components yet.

TheUnforsaken

Post by TheUnforsaken »

Gudo wrote:TheUnforsaken: Be sure to note that on your post in the Character thread :P When players go looking for that type of data, it's the first place they look. Nice style btw.
Thanks Gudo :) You write well too, I find myself liking Sergeant Major Aedin despite his faults ;)

I'll update the character thread now.

[A] book need never die and should not be killed; books [are] the immortal part of man. - Robert A. Heinlein

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List

TheUnforsaken

Post by TheUnforsaken »

Just adding this to say that Wolfe would have acknowledged the message from Walker. Not sure of usual proceedure, but unless Martenzo adds something that Wolfe'll need to respond to soon after I don't think it really needs to be put in the IC thread.

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List

Gudo

Post by Gudo »

If you feel like you should say something but that it doesn't deserve it's own post, just write up a little blurb and post it here. Whoever does the next post will should put in on the top of theirs. i.e. the first paragraph of this post was written by Senanthes and PM'd to me.

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

Okay. I get little confused. When somebody change a place in IC, tell where you are.
I suggest use of visuals:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Code: Select all

Bridge: [img]http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/images/t_bridge1.gif[/img]
Near mess hall: [img]http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/images/t_kzjunction1.gif[/img]
Near airlock: [img]http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/images/t_cor_door1.gif[/img]
On terran ship: [img]http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/images/t_terran_scoutcolor1.gif[/img]
On loroi ship: [img]http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/images/t_ca1.gif[/img]
On umiak structure: [img]http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/images/t_umiaksccolor1.gif[/img]
Supporter of forum RPG

Martenzo

Post by Martenzo »

This time, Sunbloom, Mord and Stormrage are going to see most of the action. To the others: Sorry I didn't have time to prepare a scenario that gave you more involvement than you have right now.

Tomorrow, I have to appear for medical and psychological examination, along with many others from my home town. The purpose of the examination is to determine if we are fit to be drafted. If I'm not, then at least I won't have to endure the harsh military conditions. If I am, then I'll be proud to serve my country. A real win-win, I guess. Meh. Dunno. Good night for now.

Gudo

Post by Gudo »

Draft? What country are you in that still city-based running draft?

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

I didn't want to ask...and seem like I'm prying...but, I'm also curious? What country do you live in?
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Martenzo

Post by Martenzo »

Estonia, and the draft isn't city-based. The draft applies to all men above age 18. It's just that there is naturally more than one draft board in the country and everyone needs to report to the draft board closest to their home. Heck, considering Tartu is the second-biggest city in the country, I wouldn't be surprised if there was more than one draft board in the city.

Also, conscripts just recieve nine months of reservist training. It's not like they're sending us to Afganistan to fight. They leave that to the professional military.

Anyway, feel free to take control of Stone and Knifebearer to decide what to do next. In case you're interested, the gravity aboard the station is 0.23 G. The floors are metal and your hardsuits have magnetic boots and lining that can "increase" gravity to about 0.8 G on a personal scale. While active, the magnets prevent you from touching each other, though.

TheUnforsaken

Post by TheUnforsaken »

I am right when I remember Sunbloom to be in over-all command of the boarding operation aren't I?

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Yes. You are correct... she is overall field command of the away mission forces to secure the the Comm Station.
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Senanthes

Post by Senanthes »

I was sort of toying with the idea of creating one of the Marine medics as a PC, for the times when Sunbloom wouldn't be appropriate and/ or simply to fill out the roster a bit. However, I wish to know if anyone would object to this. If not, I'll set up a sheet straight away. If so, I understand and will refrain. :)

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Knock yourself out... make anyone you want! :) I'm just going to tackle playing one character per story-line well! :)
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Gudo

Post by Gudo »

Don't you guys dare post in the IC thread for like, 30 mins :P I'm just finishing off one of my posts and it wouldn;t be the first time someone's sniped my spot :3 hahahah

[EDIT]Ok, done. Go for it :P[/EDIT]

Oh yeah and Senanthes, I don't have any problem with you making another PC. So long as it's OK with Martenzo. I was kinda toying with the idea of making another one for myself too :O

Senanthes

Post by Senanthes »

*chuckles* You know what they say Gudo; great minds think alike. ;)

Gudo

Post by Gudo »

Not worth another IC post, but in addition to climbing the shaft or fixing the elevator, Mord will also suggest the following as possible ways to ascend.

We could destroy the grav-generator (assuming of course that there is actually such a thing) which would make upward mobility a snap. As an added plus, nobody would be able to drop an elevator on our heads :P

Or, we could flip on the magnet boots, exit the hangar and climb up the outside of the station. We cut our way in and avoid any encounters or traps on the inside.
Unforsaken: I assume you'll be doing a close reconnoiter (and asking Martenzo what you discover :P.) Mord will ask that you include details that would either rule this approach out or in.