Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
[RP] Tempest Expedition (IC) 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:42 pm
Posts: 178
Post Re: [RP] Tempest Expedition (IC)
"Acknowledge, Corsair. Permission to fire is..." The soft Loroi voice is suddenly interrupted by a harsh human voice "Denied, Major. The station likely contains mission-critical intel. A standard Umiak plasma focus takes at least sixty seconds to power up. You are clear to fire only if you detect a power surge."

Admiral Pire cutting across the comm channel brings an involuntary grimace to Wolfe's face as memories from the last time he heard the harsh voice wash over him.

The Battle of Naam:
Spoiler: show
"All units this is Admiral Pire, Mars must survive to deploy its weapon against the TTK. All other considerations are secondary..."


Wolfe clears his throat before speaking. "Affimative Admiral, we will engage only if a power surge is detected. Out." Switching the comm channel back to Wing 2 Wolfe says, "My request to pre-emtively destroy the station's cannon has been denied," Wolfe taps his controls, transmitting a new waypoint to the other pilots. "Therefore we will move to Waypoint Charlie to stay out of the station's weapons range and then vector towards the shuttles. Wing Two will then escort the shuttles the rest of the way in to the station, maintaining a ten 'klick' lead. Bravo will take position 'starboard-high' of the shuttle's vector, Alpha will take 'port-low'." Nathaniel pauses a moment before continuing, "WSO's, I know you haven't had a lot of time using LBM under combat maneuvers, but I need you to keep a close eye on that station: If a power surge is detected we'll have less than a minute to take out those weapons. Pilots, you are authorised to use Laser Cannon only; collateral damage is to be kept to a minimum. That said, keeping the shuttles alive is our priority. Clear?"

To a chorus of affirmatives Nathaniel Wolfe informs Tempest of his intentions, then re-injects his LBM and powers his craft towards the new waypoint at 30 G.

_________________
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas

[A] book need never die and should not be killed; books [are] the immortal part of man. - Robert A. Heinlein

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List


Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:12 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:21 pm
Posts: 460
Location: Finland
Post Re: [RP] Tempest Expedition (IC)
Computer has generated rough map of station from datafeed and Walker makes some corrections.
"The plasmacannons are all on north side, so don't go up there. There may be some narrow broadcast, so could you make a sweep over southpole? No need to stay near, so you can also look where it is pointing."
Then he highlight all identified components on mainscreen and map and send them to pilots.

_________________
Supporter of forum RPG


Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:01 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:38 pm
Posts: 197
Post Re: [RP] Tempest Expedition (IC)
Sunbloom listens intently to both Pallan Knifebearer and Captain Stone before nodding, "No, I've nothing to add to that. Tactical command is yours over the teams in the field, Pallan, Captain. My responsibility is overwatch and to retrieve the stations logs and any relevant data. Unless you need to defer, I wont be directly commanding the squads." She glances at Stone once more, "And if Sergeant Major Aedin is used to offensive action, I'll likely be sticking to that squad for the duration."

Following Captain Stones indication of the NCO in question, Sunbloom furrows her brow a bit before walking over... Right... That sergeant.. Mentally shrugging, she approaches and looks up at the comparatively humongous Terran, "Tell me Sergeant, do you have any issues with the undertaking of an assignment if it involves seeing a 'blue skinned space elf' to the completion thereof?" Despite the crack at her own species, Sunblooms gaze is direct and coldly serious, the unspoken question hanging in the air; Can I trust you?


Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:48 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 939
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP] Tempest Expedition (IC)
Storm get tingles staring up at the tall human solider her eyes glowing more than psychic power...

Thinking, {He touched me! How...forward!!! Calm down Teidar Sezon... play time... later!}

Drawing herself up to full height she addressed the Sgt Major, "Very Well Sgt. Major. Then formally I introduce myself, I am Teidar Sezon Sonnidezi 'Stormrage'...", turning slightly she introduced her fire-team a red-head, a raven haired beauty, and the last with shock-white hair "... my fire-team, Teidar Berairodai 'Crimson-Cloud', Teidar Remirnelo 'Dark-Sun', and Teidar Tininzil 'Silver-Wind'.

Then turning fully to the Teidar she addressed them ... not in Sanzai but spoken and aloud for all to hear, "Teidar. We are to assist these Human 'marines' in the securing of the Umiak relay station. They are unfamiliar with our powers ...so be very mindful to give warning should they be endangered by any Sanzai usage. We Do Not Make Mistakes ...I will take personal umbrage if any of these fine warriors are harmed by our efforts!!!"

Pointing toward the mission specialists, "That one there is their medic...should any of the 'Marines be injured and his fire-team be unable to relay him to medical care either TK the injured Marine out of harms way to their Medic or 'Crimson-Cloud' use your Psychic healing upon the warrior to stabilize him."

Looking the marines over she points to the heavy weapons specialist, "You will stay near their heavy weapons specilist as much as possible and coordinate efforts with him. I will stay near their Squad leader, Sgt Major Aedin to coordinate with command."

Then addressing the Teidar sternly, "We are working with Allies sisters. The Marines are NOT under our Command they are to be treated as equals with all due respect and any tactical questions or updates should be relayed to me and I will inform their Sgt Major... are we clear?"

It is at that point Stormrage feels the approach of the Sunbloom her eyes upon her... she turns to salute.

"Torrai Sorimi Sunbloom! We are Unsheathed, Always! Teidar Sezon 'Stormrage' Commanding Blade Squad 1st fire-Team, Your orders Sorimi?"

[ooc]
Spoiler: show
I was just informed of where to find the Castes, Ranks and Loroi Words so I changed a few things and gave Stormrage a single rank increase as I did not know the names of the ranks before... hope this is acceptable. Just felt this fits better with how I've played her thus far.

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:43 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:48 pm
Posts: 65
Location: Estonia
Post Re: [RP] Tempest Expedition (IC)
Shortly after you finish the comm and vaacum-seal checks, the launch order comes in from the bridge. The officers (Sunbloom and Stone), the Teidar and Aedin with his marines board Shuttle One and it departs from the Tempest's hangar. Thirty tense minutes later, shuttle one lands in the hanger of the Umiak station. No reaction from the station whatsoever.

The station hangar is easily big enough to fit both shuttles simultaneously. It is lit by only five dim red emergency lights, leaving large swaths of the cavernous room in shadows. Despite the inadequate lightning, there is gravity. It's low, as can be expected from Umiak vessels, but it's there. Once the Teidar of Blade squad have secured both doors leading into the hangar, Specialist Argent begins a scan of the conditions. A minute later, he reports "We have air pressure outside, but the air itself is only barely breathable. The readings are...strange. There's just enough oxygen, but there's also trace amounts of many organic compounds in the air. Nothing registers as toxic or viral, but I recommend we keep our helmets sealed."

As Shuttle Two begins to pass through the hangar screen, Pallan Knifebearer orders Blade squad to 'soft-open' the larger hangar door and proceed into the station. The massive door first leads to an air-lock. Having passed through the air lock, and opening both doors for clear visibility, you see a wide tunnel which leads to the edge of a pit. Considering there's a control panel on the wall next to it, you conclude that this is the main elevator shaft for the station. Showing your flashlight across the open shaft, you see that the tunnel continues on the other side. There is also a smaller side-passage on the left side of the shaft.

After some examination of the elevator terminal, tech-specialist Adamson reports that he got some information before an automated firewall locked him out. The main reactor and engineering control are down the shaft. The station storage bays are directly across from the shaft. On the down side, the elevator is up and won't be coming down unless the main power comes back online. Adamson notes this as unusual, because normal elevator failsafes send the elevator to the bottom of the shaft.

As the officers consider the next course of action, SgMaj. Lucas sends out an open message on your frequency "We have the hangar secured. Ghost over."

(Large Image Warning)
Spoiler: show
Side-view of base (as you know it)
Image

Top-down view of base middle-section
Image


Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:40 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:42 pm
Posts: 178
Post Re: [RP] Tempest Expedition (IC)
Following the tense, if uneventful escort to the station, Wing 2 began a simple patrol around the central sphere. Circling at a few hundred meters from the station's hull, drives maintaining a fraction of a G in acceleration in order to keep that distance, Wolfe was resigned to a long wait...assuming nothing went wrong. Wolfe snorts.
"Did you say something skipper?" asks Kyong Nogoda from his position behind Wolfe.
"Hmm?" Wolfe is jerked out of his musings, "Oh...No Lieutentant, I was just thinking." However, his mind nudged out of a rut, Wolfe considers his options. Keying the comm once more he says, "Dragon, this is Corsair."
"Go ahead Corsair."
"I want you to break out of the patrol and check out the lower section of the station, paying close attention to the external comm array like Mr. Walker asked a while ago."
"Aye, sir, leaving patrol." And with that one of the four fighters circling the station moved off to investigate, the remainder adjusting their positions to maintain an even spacing.

That done, Wolfe keys the comm again, this time sending a comms request to Wing 2's dedicated fire support channel, letting Torrai Sorimi Sunbloom know that he wished to speak when she had a moment.

_________________
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas

[A] book need never die and should not be killed; books [are] the immortal part of man. - Robert A. Heinlein

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List


Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:04 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:54 pm
Posts: 132
Post Re: [RP] Tempest Expedition (IC)
"Captain. Pallan. Torrai." Sergent Major Mord Aedin addressed the officers with salutes as he joined the impromptu command meeting by the elevator shaft. Despite spending most of his youth on space stations (or perhaps because of) the Sergent never really liked being aboard derelicts. Something about a gaggle of armored bodies standing about in emergency lighting, quietly talking in hushed tones over the comm as though it would make the signals weaker. Even the low clanging sound made by the men's metallic boots -muffled as it were by the lack of atmosphere- was just a tad off setting. Everything should be louder and brighter, or at least look like it was lived in...

The officers returned his salutes in turn, and Mord continued. "I've finished seeing to the men. He gestured towards the elevator shaft. The first two fire-teams were taking cover against the walls there with one team's marksman peering up the shaft and the other team's peering down. Fire-team Charlie was positioned on the other side of the officers, facing back the way they had come.

Captain Stone glanced over their positions and nodded her approval."We were just discussing the situation aboard this station..." She paused for a bit and shuffled her feet before continuing. "I know you don't have much to go on Sergent, but I would appreciate some speculation on what you think happened here."

"If I had to guess, I'd say the station was attacked by some sort of bio-weapon. It would explain the strange organics in the air... Perhaps the defenders tried to flush it out by opening the hangar doors. That would explain the low O2 density. The specialist said that usually elevator fail-safes send them to the bottom of the shaft? What if it was sent to the top to try and seal the bridge?"

Captain Stone let out a soft sigh... That damn Sergent and his one track mind. "There are lots of ways organic compounds could get in the atmosphere." Most of them more probable than what you're suggesting. she thought without comment. "Virtually all atmosphere scrubbers have organic components. What's to say the organics in the air aren't simply some escaped CO2 eating bacteria?" His speculation might not be any good, but it was certainly something to think about at least. Besides, he always had good advice... "Never-mind those organics. What would you recommend Sergent?"

During his NCO training, one of the instructors had said to remember everything he hated as a solider and make sure they don't happen as a Sergent. "Going in blind" was way up there, one of the few things he liked even less than deviating from a plan. "Has anyone tried just.... hailing the station? On the off-chance anyone responds, we could learn a lot. Even if it's just that the station isn't actually abandoned. Similarly, I don't know if the bridge has windows, but if it does, someone should point a telescope at it. Maybe the bridge is shot to shit or perhaps we'll get a picture of a barricade and a half-dead defender. Another thing we should do is get they flyboys to give the station a quick once-over, see if there's any external damage. Unless the Torrai Sorimi has any objections," Mord nodded his head in the direction of Sunbloom "I'd suggest we sit tight for little longer, till we have a better idea what we're dealing with."

_________________
[RP] Incursion Character: Chrysocolla (Garnet)


Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:24 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 939
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP] Tempest Expedition (IC)
As the human Marines move into the hanger to cover entrances with overlapping fields of fire, the Teidar Blade Squad disembarks from the shuttle. The two fire teams split, moving to their respective positions - Teidar Sezon 'Stormrage' commanding Blade Squad's - 1st Fire Team moves toward Sgt Mjr Aedin's - Prophet Squad while the Blade Squad 2nd Fire team moves to spread out to the four corners of the Hanger for better fields of coverage to support Sgt Mjr Luca's Ghost Squad in defense of the Hanger.

Stormrage looks over at the milling Marines wrinkling her brow in wonder, {What one obstacle and they are daunted already? Sigh!}

Switching to Sanzai...
Spoiler: show
"Torrai Sorimi Sunbloom, your Teidar will Detect for minds above and below. Do you wish us to Telekinetically ascend and descend the elevator shaft by-twos? We could each secure a line for the rapid descent and/or slower ascent by the Marines. We could also levitate one or two of them with us to find the mechanism for controlling the elevator and secure a beach-head at the top and bottom of the shaft. If the mechanism is still functional I can at least temporarily re-power it so we can ascend and descend en' mass. What are you orders... Torrai Sorimi?"


The Teidar do not pause and move with purpose in total silence moving past the milling marines 'Stormrage' in the lead she moves to the left of the elevator shaft with 'Crimson-Cloud' looking up while 'Dark-Sun' and 'Silver-Wind' move the the right of the shaft looking down. Weapons at the ready covering both portals of the dark shaft.

Switching to Sanzai...
Spoiler: show
"1st Fire Team, Amplifiers on! 'Crimson-Cloud', link with me and Detect for living minds up the shaft, 'Dark-Sun', link with 'Silver-Wind' and scan for minds below..."
In unison, "Understood Sezon!"


The Teider each activate a device integral to their Hardsuit helmets that glows with indicator lights.

Actions -
Spoiler: show
{Stormrage} Thought Detection - 4rks
[SR] 1d20 → [12] = (12) + 4{ranks} +? {Detail modifier}; Total 16+DM
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/814577

{Crimson-Cloud}, {Dark-Sun}, {Silver-Wind} Thought Detection - 4rks / 3rks
[CC] 1d20 → [7] = (7) + 3{ranks} +? {Detail modifier}; Total 10 +DM
[DS] 1d20 → [14] = (14) + 4{ranks} +? {Detail modifier}; Total 18 +DM
[SW] 1d20 → [16] = (16) + 3{ranks} +? {Detail modifier}; Total 19 +DM
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/814580


[OOC]
Spoiler: show
I'd like to know if it is possible to 'assist' others in a team effort like a D20 convention 'Aid Other' an average roll of 10 gets the assisted player a +2 to a task you are assisting with. Hence 'Stormrage' asking the Teidar to link up and both do a through Thought Detection of an area.

Also the Minimus system is low on any detailed device stats... could I assume that a Psi Amplifier adds a +2 to the boosted Sanzai Skill.

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:09 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:38 pm
Posts: 197
Post Re: [RP] Tempest Expedition (IC)
Sunbloom's gaze lingers a moment longer than usual on Captain Stone, her expression unreadable as she watches the Marine officer shuffle uncomfortably before deferring to her Sergeant. Shifting her gaze to Aedin she nods, "Agreed. If there were any Hardtroopers here, they would likely have sent them to try and contest us at the airlock. Bottleneck... I don't like quiet where Shell's are involved. They're not that subtle." Feeling a familiar tingle at the back of her mind, Sunbloom flicks her eyes towards the Teidar, "Give our Teidar a moment Sergeant, Captain..."

Oddly, even in this situation, she continues to use her voice rather than Sanzai when addressing Stormrage, "Take two Marines with each pair and do so, Teidar. If the elevators can be made to function, look into it, but secure the lines immediately for our Marines. I want them able to push forward as soon as possible without undue risk after we know a bit more. Keep the shafts secured, but do not venture any further just yet."

Switching frequencies, she contacts the Tempest, "Fifty-One, we require a close reconnoiter of the station by the interceptors if that is possible. Any and all external windows or damaged sections. Also, have we tried open hailing procedures?." As she is speaking, she motions Master Sergeant Aedin forward to join the Teidar... Prejudices aside, she can easily see he'll be the most reliable NCO to have on point.

Taking a moment to think back on her years of fighting the Umiak, one situation standing out in particular, Sunbloom tries to intuit a bit more into what may or may not be waiting for them as she mentally steps out of herself to look at the bigger picture with what little information is available at the moment...

Actions-
Spoiler: show


OOC-
Spoiler: show
And yes, the 'Fifty-One' reference refers to Tempests old designation. ;) Chalking up that roll to an utter lack of hard information XD.


Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 939
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP] Tempest Expedition (IC)
'Stormrage' after a slight pause of puzzlement casts her eyes quickly the Torrai's direction before returning her attention up the shaft Loroi LazAssault at the ready seeking targets, replies... with speach, "Understood, Torrai Sorimi."

In practiced precision 'Stormrage' continues covering the upward shaft while 'Crimson-Cloud' lowers her weapon letting it hang on its sling while she draws a 0G grapple-gun and fires it into the floor securing the fusion spike and reattaching it to her Hardsuit load clasps. 'Crimson-Cloud' then immediatly takes up her LazAssault and returns to covering the upward shaft as 'Stormrage' repeats her task with her own 0G Grapple-Gun. The same procedure is performed by 'Dark-Sun' and 'Silver-Wind'. At no time was either shaft not covered with a watchful Teidar. Such moment to moment precision only possible with telepathic mind to mind precision that is the Loroi stock and trade.

'Stormrage' gestures to Sgt Mjr Aedin ...reading the Torrai's intent, "Come here Sgt Mjr, attach a securing clasp to my cable your going up with me. Assign three more Marines one to each Teidar please. One of them will be going up with 'Crimson-Cloud', You and I. I assume you see the tactical advantage to securing the Bridge at the Stations peek with command personnel first? Don't worry... I will not drop you."

She smiles slyly even visible behind her armored faceplate of her hardsuit.

Stepping next to Sgt Mjr Aedin, 'Stormrage' attaches his climbing clasp to the line of her grappler though there appears to be no apparent way for the clasp to lift his weight as it slides freely on the cable all it does is securing him to the cable. The other Marine next to 'Crimson-Cloud' shrugs and looks over at Aedin not really understanding how this is possibly going to get either of the Marines up the shaft. The same expression is held by the two other marines with 'Dark-Sun' and 'Silver-Wind'.

When all four Marines are secured the Teidar all look at each other in unison... for some unheard exchange.

'Stormrage' turns to Aedin but is obviously addressing all the Marines, "Now don't panic, and keep your firearms ready but NOT pointed at us we will be in front of you!"

There is no other warning when 'Stormrage', And 'Crimson-Cloud', eyes glowing, lift lightly off the deck plates and begin to ascend with no obvious means of propulsion. The same occurs for 'Dark-Sun' and 'Silver-Wind', but they descend the shaft below. Their glowing eyes the only indicator. But they are not alone... mere seconds later all four Marines rise off the deck plate as well and begin either ascending or descending the elevator shaft 5 feet behind a Loroi Teidar, gaze intent on the direction of their flight weapons pointed at the ready. The Marines path up or down the shaft is rigidly held in check by the spoiling cable playing out behind the Teidar in flight... keeping the Marines from bouncing around the shaft as they rise or descend. The sensation is liken to being in 0 G the whole time.

Glancing behind her briefly to check on the Sgt Mjr, 'Stormrage' says over channels, "Stay Sharp and at attention Marines! There may be unliving hostiles that my Teidar sisters and I cannot detect. And don't jostle about ...your weight is unbalanced and you are fragile against the forces we could bring to bear... hold still or you may slam into something with our velocity... it will not be gentle!"

As if on que the Teidar in flight accelerate swiftly...

Actions -
Spoiler: show
{Stormrage} Telekinesis Control - 6rks
{Stormrage} Telekinesis Power - 6rks
[SR] 1d20 → [18] = (18) + 6{ranks} +? {Detail modifier}; Total 24+DM
[SR] 1d20 → [17] = (17) + 6{ranks} +? {Detail modifier}; Total 23+DM
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/814904

{Crimson-Cloud}, {Dark-Sun}, {Silver-Wind} Telekinetic Control - 5rks / 7rks, Telekinetic Power - 5rks / 6 rks
[CC] 1d20 → [7] = (7) + 5{ranks}'TC' +? {Detail modifier}; Total 13+DM
[CC] 1d20 → [7] = (7) + 5{ranks}'TP' +? {Detail modifier}; Total 13+DM
[DS] 1d20 → [11] = (11) + 5{ranks}'TC' +? {Detail modifier}; Total 16+DM
[DS] 1d20 → [19] = (19) + 6{ranks}'TP' +? {Detail modifier}; Total 25+DM
[SW] 1d20 → [10] = (10) + 7{ranks}'TC' +? {Detail modifier}; Total 17+DM
[SW] 1d20 → [20] = (20) + 5{ranks}'TP' +? {Detail modifier}; Total 25+DM
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/814907


[OOC]
Spoiler: show
Hey if someone wants to play or post actions for one of 'Stormrage's' Beautiful Tediar killers feel free they are not exclusively mine to control or manipulate. Plus there are four more that need detailing... so have at it!

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:55 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:48 pm
Posts: 65
Location: Estonia
Post Re: [RP] Tempest Expedition (IC)
Stormrage and Mord
Spoiler: show
After an arduous climb, Stormrage, Sgt. Aedin and Pvt. Jenkins manage to go up for about two hundred meters, when their way is blocked by a heavy emergency bulkhead, rather than the elevator platform you were expecting. Crimson Cloud unfortunately failed to maintain her focus and fell about fifty meters into the climb. Using the climbing tools in his gear, Mord attaches his suit to the shaft wall. Just in time, too, since Stormrage's own concentration. She falls and slams into shaft wall ten meters below Mord, held up by the cable which attaches the two.


Sunbloom
Spoiler: show
Shortly after the two fire teams have gone to explore the shaft ends, Crimson Storm return, falling. Fortunately for all involved, Knifebearer felt her panic from afar and stopped her and the marine with her from falling to their deaths at the bottom of the shaft.


Then, a radio message comes in from the second fire team "This is Teidar Silver Wind. We have found... I'm fairly certain it is a heavy Shell. It's dead, but... Sorimi Sunbloom, Pallan Knifebearer, I think you should come and see this for yourself." "Anything to add to Silver Wind's vague description, Corporal Deng?" Captain Stone asks from the leader of the second fire team. The reply comes in English, which the (outdated) standard protcol permits the soldiers to use if they want to privately communicate when Loroi are present.

(5 or higher on English roll to read.)
Spoiler: show
"This is Private Jenkins, sir. Corporal Deng can't reply at the moment. He, uh... threw up in his helmet when he went to see what the Teidar found and clearly didn't want the rest of us to approach and possibly get incapacitated the same way."


((Spoiler about the dead Umiak. Only a few key points for whoever wants to make the full description. If you don't want to get spoiled by this poor description, wait for someone else to describe.))
Spoiler: show
The dead Umiak hard-trooper is down the corrider at the bottom, just left of the T-intersection. The sight is very, very gruesome. There are smears of blood on the walls leading up to the corpse. The details of the Umiak injuries are up to whoever makes the detailed description. I recommend including electrical cables torn out of the wall and wrapped around/through the corpse. It's pretty obvious this wasn't a fight, but rather a slaughter.


Map Updates (Large Image Warning)
Spoiler: show
Full Station plan (Update 2)
Image

Engineering Section, corridor (upper) floor
Image


Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:34 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:42 pm
Posts: 178
Post Re: [RP] Tempest Expedition (IC)
Meanwhile, outside the station, Major Wolfe continues to circle the station:

"Lieutenant Kyong, confirm distance to station."
"Distance 200m, sir. Has been for some time." Replies the WSO, sounding a little confused, the Major's instruments check fine on his diagnostics.
"Hmm, must be my imagination then, no matter. Carry on." Wolfe squints his eyes at the station outside and taps the digital instrument pannel on his control console, Seems smaller for some reason. A moment later, however, he has a more pressing issue as Dragon reports over the comm.
"Corsair, this is Dragon, I've checked out the lower sphere of the station, there is nothing visually odd or interesting about it," Zora Kaylo pauses for a moment, "Except, that is, for the External Comm Array. Sir, its like nothing I've ever seen before."
"Affirm Dragon, ping me a few high-res images of it."
"Aye, sir."
A second later several images appear in Wolfe's comms buffer and he brings them up on his console. Damn, that is odd. Wolfe keys the comm, "Wait one Dragon, I'll send them off to CIC, see what they think it is."

Keying the comm once again Wolfe contacts the Tempest before forwarding the images taken by Dragon, "CIC this is Corsair, prepare to recieve high-resolution images of unknown Comms Array on the station."

_________________
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas

[A] book need never die and should not be killed; books [are] the immortal part of man. - Robert A. Heinlein

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List


Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:11 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:21 pm
Posts: 460
Location: Finland
Post Re: [RP] Tempest Expedition (IC)
In Tempest, Walker answer to Wolf.

"Give them. ... Thanks."
After transmission, Walkers sends a warning for inspecting groups.
"I got permission to hail. It may activate some unwanted responses, so be careful."
Walker send a hail with one of public umiak alliance protocollas, but gets no answer. Then another with same result. After a few, he tries one of pinging signals, created by pipolsid decrypters, which get immediate response. A clear high pitched static. It is either crypted with unknown code or result of broken equipment. After a couple of minutes, it ends as suddenly as it has started. Walker looks the sensors, but the station looks undisturbed. After thinking a moment, Walker start timer and play the record again. When he gets to end, he smiles lightly.
"It is repeating same prerecorded message. About 17 seconds long. Maybe identification, warning or request."
Walkers look to the captain.
"The decrypting progress, if succesful, could take minutes or days. Should I try it anyway?"
Given permission, Walker starts the work.
Spoiler: show
Martenzo wrote:
Yes, you get permission. The ping response, once you decrypt it (beat 12 with an appropriate skill), warns you that if you are not a vessel of the Hierarchy fleet, then you are violating your autonomy treaty with the Hierarchy.

Skill: Signal analysis (1d20 + 7=17)

After while, he gets it opened and laughs shortly. "It was only a hardware mix-up. Yup. They are politely asking us to show our umiak pass or leave."

_________________
Supporter of forum RPG


Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:10 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:38 pm
Posts: 197
Post Re: [RP] Tempest Expedition (IC)
Sunbloom, momentarily distracted by the sudden plummeting of Teidar and Marine, lets out a small sigh of relief as Knifebearer brings them to a more or less soft landing, then cups her hand to her earpiece at Teidar Silver Wings communique, "Affirmative, on our way." She motions for Captain Stone and Pallan Knifebearer to follow. Weapons at the ready, the two of them move forward to the shaft, securing themselves to the lines rather than rely on telekinetics... Particularly Sunblooms flawed abilities.

Actions-
Spoiler: show


Hearing the message from Corporal Deng, Sunbloom almost smirks to herself before coming up on the cause firsthand. She jerks to a stop, her eyes widening. "By the Well..." she murmurs in a near whisper. For all her years of conflict, of killing the enemy face to face from steaming jungles to the cold void of space, and the silent insanity of ship to ship combat, the sight before her stops Sunbloom in her tracks and thoughts as her senses struggle to make what she sees less horrid...

For those who investigate...
Spoiler: show
The once formidable Hardtrooper lay on the deck in gore rhimed tatters. The cybernetic beasts pieces lay along the corridor, great swatches of dried blood on the walls marking its demise from start to finish. At the end of the trail of torn limbs and crushed components, the remains of the torso lay open, topped by the crushed head, its armor torn open to reveal the ravaged cavity where the things brain used to be. Suspended upright, the ribcage torn asunder, the Hardtroopers mutilated innards are flowing like a macabre waterfall down onto the deck amidst incomprehensible extensions that seem to flow from the stations very structure to the cyborgs eviscerated form...

As ones mind begins to put the vision before it together, it becomes clear that the stations own wiring was at least a part of its mutiliation, the thick cables appearing to have been all but sewn into the open mass of its body at random, both inside and out, suspending it against its own dead weight like a lunatics dream of a giant arachnids web, a known monster reduced to a mere fly, a grisly catch for another far, far worse...


Last edited by Senanthes on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:59 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:54 pm
Posts: 132
Post Re: [RP] Tempest Expedition (IC)
Even before Private Jenkins had finished his report to Captain Stone, Sergent Major Mord Aedin was repelling down the elevator shaft on the cables he and Stormrage had fastened just moments ago. Mord honestly wasn't expecting to find anything more than small cryptic clues so soon into their exploration of the derelict, and certainly not a dead Umiak. If Corporal Deng's team had just found a body was just a body, Mord would have remained at the top of the shaft. But if they found one that made the Corporal (one of the few veteran men in the whole platoon) ill... Well, that's the reason the Marines have Sergent Majors. Exploiting the station's low gravity, Mord quickly descened the shaft, falling great distances on the repelling rope braking just enough to keep his speed manageable.

With a tremendous BAM! , easily audible even in the low atmosphere, 230 pounds of Marine (not including gear) comes crashing onto the elevator landing. "You! barks Mord at the nearest Marine. "Get your ass up that shaft as fast as your ass can!" The Sergent Major quickly un-clips from his line and attaches himself to the repelling line used by Corporal Deng's team before flinging himself down the shaft once again.

Shortly thereafter, and approaching much, much slower than before, Mord touches down on the bottom of the elevator shaft. With a soft grunt on account of his ankles, he un-clips himself from the repelling line and makes his way toward Sunbloom and the others. Damn, I need more practice with this... One-fifth Earth's gravity is more than I thought.

"Torrai. Captain." Mord greets the officers with a nod and a grimace due more to his ankles than anything else. Abruptly adressing the men he barks, "Make a hole you lot! Let me see what we found." Even a cursory examination of the scene reveals a grizzly corpse indeed. It's no wonder the Corporal lost his cool, though it was still a tad embarassing to have such a man in ones' squad. That Private Jenkins seems to be taking things just fine... I'll have to remember he's made of sterner stuff.

Kneeling down beside the body for a better look, even the stalwart Sergent feels just a tad bit of bile in his throat. After poking the wires and examining the Umiak a bit more, Mord finally speaks. "It's not the wounds that get me. It's the victim. I've never seen a hardtrooper this fucked up, least not by anything you could fit in space this size." An interceptor's weapons could do this massive of damage, but certainly not integrate the station's wiring into the corpse... "It's good news for us though... In a sense."

Captain Stone leens back on her heels and folds her arms before replying with an arched eyebrow. "Oh? It's either good news or it's not. And I'd bet you it's not."

"Indeed Sergent. I think you'd best explain yourself."

"Well, a hardtrooper this messed up, and with such minimal damage to station tells me the Umiak were taken by surprise. They probably didn't have time to set any traps. Hell, they didn't even change their automated message, even if they had time to turn it on." Arduously, the Sergent Major rose to his feet. "So that's some good news. We don't need to worry about trip mines or the like. Also, I'd be willing to bet that whatever did this was probably some sort of melee attack. Projectile and energy weaponry blast and disintegrate bodies, they dont' he made a vague wavy motion with his hand. "do this."

"If there's anything left of what caused this, I would wager it's still inside the station. And there's a good chance it has to breathe. Once we're done down here, we should crack open the hangar and airlock and evacuate the station's air. This would also stop us from making any sound as we traveled."

"Neither will your freakishly strong assailant." intoned the Captain.

"Duly noted. It's a trade-off, like all things." He paused before continuing, considering his options. "Since we're down here, we should destroy whatever is left of the life support system. We don't need it, " Mord tapped his O2 tank for emphasis. "but that 'freakishly strong assailant' might.

"Let's assume that won't do anything. If the attacking force is still aboard, we could probably completely avoid them by climbing up the outside of the station. We got the boots for it. And if we can find and destroy the gravity generator while we're down here, it would be that much easier."


After a short silence, Sunbloom spoke. "So that's your plan? Destroy the life support, evacuate the air and climb up the outside of the station? I assume we'd cut our way into the bridge once we get there."

"That's right. We can do some damage here because it won't effect the station's logs and it's not like we're trying to live here either." The Sergent was feeling smug. He liked plans. He really liked good plans. Especially when they were his own. "It's a damn fine plan, ain't it?"

Spoiler: show
Rolls:
How fast can we get down that shaft without getting hurt?
Zero-gravity Training:1d20+6=13
13... Not great, I'm gonna go ahead and consider Mord to have suffered some damage from that fall :( Unless Martenzo decides I don't need to :P Bonus for my "Tough!" perk?
Hide my limp (assuming I took damage here...)
1d20+3=7.... Hooray for crappy rolls! Bonus for my "Tough!" perk?

Aside: Falling damage from a Zero-Grav roll? For the love of crap! Also, is Tempest some kind of Loroi deity? I can't find any reference to any other "old story" character, so I'm just going to assume so :P And I gotta try and play more Captain Stone too... Next post for sure!

_________________
[RP] Incursion Character: Chrysocolla (Garnet)


Last edited by Gudo on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 939
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP] Tempest Expedition (IC)
Stormrage is a little fatigued from the Telekinetic ascent. Finding the bulkhead door barring their way was... unexpected. Finding no landing she pondered where to land as Sgt. Mjr. Aedin set the repelling line to her relief. Assured they were securely anchored Stormrage released her Telekinetic stress... perhaps a little too quickly and she fell 10 feet slamming against the elevator shaft wall embarrassingly with a grunt. Her Combat Hardsuit easily absorbed the impact but she hung there a few seconds regaining her mental focus. Abruptly she realized Sgt. Mjr. Aedin had repelling down next to her the large man pressed against her as he checked to see she was still conscious from her impact. Stormrage started at his touch as he did when she looked wide-eyed in surprise at his sudden appearance. Giving her a cryptic 'thumbs up' he continued to repel down without a second word.

Stormrage was ...stunned being so close to the large human his armored broad-shouldered frame and large hands - and so... forward and aggressively motivated! Like a female mind in a giant male's body, so unlike the more passive Loroi males she had known. The concept excited her. Storm unfamiliar with the gesture returned it with uncertainty...

Stormrage ruefully chided herself, {Mind back on mission Teidar Sezon!}

But she could not resist the unbidden urge to check out his large framed body as he repelled by...

Stormrage was a little annoyed the Sgt Mjr had decided to abandon the ascent just because of a temporary obstacle... THEIR orders from the Torrai had been to secure a entry point to the upper levels not run around the station chasing Umiak corpses! It was a Umiak station ... of course they were going to run into Umiak and likely dead ones if the station had not been abandoned! Nothing she had not done or seen before herself. But as much as she was not under the Sgt Mjr's command structure... neither was he under hers so she let him disregard orders at his whim..as a command rank officer let his superiors deal with it. She had a task to perform.

Pulling her mind back to the task at hand, Stormrage looked up at the bulkhead overhead. She climbed the rappelling cable to the location it was secured and signaled down, "Stormrage here, the Teidar detected no other lifeforms with living minds above or below. Torrai Sunbloom, there is a bulkhead closed in the above shaft. Crimson-Cloud come back up... but more slowly this time tying off at regular intervals. The shaft is longer than was expected before - bring your marine with you. Try not to fall this time."

Switching her Combat Hardsuit's H.U.D. to thermograph optics Stormrage scans the door for its ambient temperature.

Signalling again, "The bulkhead seems to have the same ambient temperature as the rest of the structure... so I'm going to assume there is still pressure and not the cold vacuum of space on the other side of it, but brace yourselves on my mark when I crack it open."

Stormrage moves to an advantageous location securing herself next to the motor servos that actuate the door. Gathering her will for the electrokinetic effort it will that to open the the bulkhead doors without damaging the mechanisms... hopefully.

Crimson-Cloud says to the Knifebearer, "I'm fine, now sister. My... thanks. I'll try again..."
Her words are cryptic and curt her pride bruised at her previous failure. She turns to the Marine and gestures him over to do the ascent again and scowls at his obvious fearful expression. She does not wait snatching him up with TK and levitating herself up the shaft some 15 meters before pausing to secure a tether line to the wall. The marine cries out shortly but stifles any rebuke when he sees that she pauses and secures a line to hang from and rest briefly with the marine hanging next to her. Again after a few seconds pause... Crimson -cloud levitates herself 15 meters and secures herself, then levitates the marine again. The process repeating 5 times as they make their ascent. Getting use to the pattern the Marine readying his rifle covering their ascent.

Stormrage waits until Crimson-Cloud and her marine ascend her cable. Storm assists them to secure the second repelling line and themselves for Storm's opening the Bulkhead door. Crimson-Cloud is silent ...her embarrassment at falling evident in the proud Teidar. Crimson-Cloud and the Marine ready weapons to cover the bulkhead for its imminent opening.

Gathering her will Stormrage concentrates, and turns her amplifier 'off'...

Electrical arcs begin to flash across Storm's body as she draws on the electrical powerlines of the station imposing her will upon the very powerplant of the station and forcefully drawing current from the main reactor arching power around her to obey her command in a nimbus of electrical power. Not wanting to just force power externally into the electrical system and potentially 'fry' the motors after her efforts Storm uses the normal power line of the electrical system of the station to perform her task...slower .. but less destructive.

Stormrage signals,"On my mark bulk-head opening, 3-2-1, mark!"

Stormrage triggers the door servos to open.

Actions -
Spoiler: show
{Stormrage}
[TK-C20/TK-P10] 'Electrokinetically Open Door'
Telekinetic Power {Electrokinesis} - 6rks
Telekinetic Control {Electrokinesis} - 6rks
[SR] 1d20 + 6{ranks} → [9,6] = (15) -1{fatigued}, +? Taking extra-time, +? {Detail modifier} (14) 'Telekinetic Power'
[SR] 1d20 + 6{ranks} → [19,6] = (25), +? Taking extra-time, +? {Detail modifier} 'Telekinetic Control'
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/816297

{Crimson-Cloud}
[TK-C10/TK-P8 to 14] 'Levitate Self and marine in short bouts up shaft securing off every 15 meters to rest'
Telekinetic Power {Electrokinesis} - 6rks
Telekinetic Control {Electrokinesis} - 6rks
[CC] 1d20 + 5{ranks} → [10,5] = (15), +? {Detail modifier} 'Telekinetic Power'
[CC] 1d20 + 5{ranks} → [9,5] = (14), +? {Detail modifier} 'Telekinetic Control'
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/816299


Revealing the bottom of the elevator and the hole in the floor of the lift.

Stormrage signals, "Elevator located seems to have been holed through for access to upper levels. Torrai Sunbloom, We are securing the elevator and the upper lift room."

Always one to be the first in... and last out, Stormrage levitates the short distance through the whole in the elevator platform floor LazAssault in hand and ready she lands and moves to the side allowing Crimson-Cloud and her marine to in-turn through the hole weapons ready.

Pausing they scan around ready for hostiles. Stormrage gestures to the Marine to secure both Crimson-Cloud's line and hers while they keep the elevator doors covered with Loroi LazAssaults.

Stormrage signals, "We have secured the elevator... securing repelling lines and holding position as per orders. Any new orders Torrai Sorimi Sunbloom?"

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:21 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:38 pm
Posts: 197
Post Re: [RP] Tempest Expedition (IC)
Sunbloom listens to the incoming transmission from Stormrage as well as the plan by Sgt. Major Aedin before considering it all for a moment, then frowns slightly in concentration, "We'll be ascending shortly Teidar, wait one." Turning towards Mord, she continues, "And while there may be advantages to be gained in a vacuum environment, the possible disadvantages would far outweigh them, Sergeant. It is a bold plan, but the risk to our men is too great." She pauses, letting it sink in, before continuing, "However, the suggestion to breach the control center from outside is sound, and would gain us both a route to our objective and an ability to clear some of the mists around us. Assemble a fireteam and do so. We should be able to access the stations internal monitoring from there, as well as the logs."

Cupping her hand to the side of her helmet, she radio's Tempest, "Fifty-One, Sorimi Sumbloom. We have encountered unusual activity. One heavy Shell, dead. The opponent is what is in question." So saying, she activates the imaging system in her HUD, transmitting the grisly find to the bridge, "Suggest a fireteam attempt to breach the control room from outside, while the remainder work our way en masse up from here. Please confirm, Fifty-One."

OOC
Spoiler: show
In typical fashion, she assumes that orders are enough, but there are multiple reasons for her decision, if they need to be voiced.


Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:47 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 939
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP] Tempest Expedition (IC)
Switching to Sanzai...
Spoiler: show
"Teidar Darksun, Teidar Silverwind... what is the situation?"

Darksun replied, "Sezon, there is are several Umiak that are slain down here... looks like physical trauma but seems to defy any conventional identifiable weapon damage?"

Silverwind chimed in, "Sezon, the Umiak look like they were torn apart and the very structure of the Station was turned against them like a weapon!"

Stormrage ponders and sends to all Teidar within range, "Attention all Teidar, scan your surroundings for any psionic signatures that are not recognized. Its possible this station was either attacked by our Loroi Teidar forces and not recorded... or perhaps some other race unknown to us thus far - that may utilize psionic techniques as a weapon! We need to know this for a certain."


Stormrage gestures her to fire-team and they cover the door of the elevator while she telekinetically prys it open. Waiting a few seconds she moves out of the elevator to survey the connecting hallways while her fire team moves forward to also cover the hallways looking for targets. Nothing spotted again Stormrage motions the fireteam forward to cover the connecting corners of the hallways just outside the elevator each member staying within sight of the other.

Stormrage signals on the comms, "Marines the elevator is secured you may make your ascent, and re-enforce our position."

While the marines make their ascent up the line Stormrage and Crimson-Cloud scan for psionic signatures.

Actions -
Spoiler: show
1d20, rolled 4 times.

{Stormrage} Signature Detection - 3rks
Roll set 1 [SR]
Die rolls: 18 = (18) + 4{ranks} -1 {Fatigue}, +? {Detail modifier}; Total 21+DM

{Crimson-Cloud}, {Dark-Sun}, {Silver-Wind} Signature Detection - 3rks / 4rks / 4rks
Roll set 2 [CC]
Die rolls: 15 = (15) + 3{ranks} +? {Detail modifier}; Total 18 +DM
Roll set 3 [DS]
Die rolls: 20 = (20) + 4{ranks} +? {Detail modifier}; Total 24 +DM
Roll set 4 [SW]
Die rolls: 18 = (18) + 4{ranks} +? {Detail modifier}; Total 22 +DM
*Invisible castle was down so I used...
http://www.rpglibrary.org/software/securedice/index.php
...but I'm unfamiliar with how to set up verification... sorry!

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Last edited by sunphoenix on Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:42 pm
Posts: 178
Post Re: [RP] Tempest Expedition (IC)
Finding nothing suspicious about the exterior of the central part of the station, and after hearing through his link to the boarding party that the station appears to be devoid of opponents, Wolfe decides to leave Alpha 2 and Bravo 2 in their patrol and carefully guides his fighter towards the Bridge at the tip of the 'upper' sphere, keeping a close eye on the sensor readouts lest the plasma-focus cannon somehow activate. At this close range something becomes clear which the fly-by and more distant observation could not have shown: The armor plating around the Bridge is far heavier than is usually the case.

Wolfe keys his comm, "Torrai Sunbloom, this is Major Wolfe. I've had a close look at the Bridge from out here, and the armor around it appears to be much thicker than usual. And we know standard Umiak proceedure is to use the Bridge as a final bastion, with uniformly thick armor at all points. Gaining entry though brute force could prove...highly problematic."

_________________
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas

[A] book need never die and should not be killed; books [are] the immortal part of man. - Robert A. Heinlein

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List


Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:30 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 939
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP] Tempest Expedition (IC)
Four more Marine troopers ascend the lines and take up cover positions.

The fire-team leader signals, "Corporal Wyatt, Prophet Squad 3rd fire-team in position at top of elevator. Area secure. Holding position. Orders Sgt Mjr?"

Stormrage replies on Comms, "Corp. Wyatt, hold your position and secure that location for the next fire-team advance. 6th fire-team make your ascent. Torrai Sorimi, I am advancing forward to sweep this level making our way to secure the bridge with my fire team."

With that, Stormrage, Crimson-Cloud and their one marine surrender their positions to the 3rd fire-team marines while Corp. Wyatt stands watch over the lines with the ascending 6th fire-team in-route.

Stormrage is on point Loroi LazAssault ready, followed by the marine a, Lance Corp. Wests, and Crimson-Cloud, Blade Squad's resident medic as tail guard.


Moving through the alien designed hallways Stormrage is quite familiar with the tactics of her races' implacable enemies - she is mindful to check the ceiling recesses, and for floor traps and wall recesses the Umiak are fond of using to deny an assaulting force from surprise. Storm is poised to lash out with telekinetic force as needed, directing her fire-team with gestures indicating potential hiding places that need covering as they advance rapidly but thoroughly.

They quickly reach a stairwell ramp that spirals up an open shaft in the middle to higher levels with lots of cover positions for defenders to shoot down upon any ascending forces... deadly silent and deserted save for the tale-tell signs of an intense fire-fight.


Stormrage signals, "We got signs of a serious firefight up here, mostly small arms energy weapons. No bodies... yet."

The recreation room is hard to determine its purpose at first. But the ... now dead small vermin used for the games of manual dexterity and ...snacking lie dessicated in their little compartments under the 'game-table' to which they are released onto for sport. Stormrage is glad their suits are sealed from the likely gut-wrenching stench of their rot. The Game table is still stained with the blood of past sport. There are other ...incompehensible games or pass-times in the room ...including a cybermechanical maintenance station with strange tools... still darkly stained with old Umiak icor from past...'adjustments' to Umiak Hard-trooper implants. Storm passes them by.

Storm signals, "Found an Umiak ... recreation room. Don't ask."

Going back to the stairwell, they ascend further to the armory... or at least whats left of it. A charred hole of fused duralloy plating obviously blasted with some ordinance charge that fusion burned the entire room laying waste to any weapons or ordinance still within. The room was obviously build like a vault so the hull was likely not breached by the exploding ordinance detonation that ensued. The evidence of the ferocity of the conflagration is scorched on the walls and spiraling ramp of the shaft, the corridor plating seared down to its base metal by the intensity of the plasma fire that raged briefly when the armory was destroyed. All long cold now - only the blackened metal slag leaving any sign of what was once here.

Lance Corp West signals, "...found what might have been an armory... Damn! It's nuked!"

Storm replies, "Cut the chatter Marine. Armory found, destroyed... very thoroughly!"

Finally the barracks are discovered at the top of the spiraling ramp and another small ramp stairwell leading further up into the station.

The barracks are nothing more than a scene of efficient slaughter. Umiak resting pods shot out.


Storm signals, "Found barracks, four large resting pods for Hard-troopers, eight normal. All hard-trooper pods empty. Five of the umiak are dead in pods killed in rest-mode. Messy."

Lance Corporal West feels the bile begin to rise in his throat at the sight of the rotting, black icored, insect-like bodies of the Umiak brutally shot to pieces with plasma-pulse shots in their rest pods. Black dried icor pooling in the curve of the bottom of the pods.

Storm sees his difficulty and speaks, "Keep it together Lance Corp. West... at least we can't smell them. We still have a sweep to complete!"

West nods in silence.

Storm Signals, "Proceeding on."

Going on to the stair ramp they make their way up to the main gunnery deck for the station.
The hatches to the plasma focus gunnery turrets are all closed. Quickly and covering each other Storm and her fire-team check them all leaving the hatches to the plasma focus turrets open.


Storm signals, "Main gunnery deck secured. Three plasma focus turrets all appear to be functional, if you have four arms, but are without power. I think these Umiak here were taken completely by surprise they were not ready for attack. Perhaps their enemy was cloaked somehow and stealthed on-board. I would suggest, just for security sake, we have our Barsam Troopers take up guard positions at the Tempest's airlocks and hanger bays as a precaution. There is no way to know if whoever did this is still around if they were able to hide themselves enough to attack this station so... seemingly from surprise! Proceeding on."

They discover another stairwell ramp that leads down to only one level. Obviously an auxiliary generator room.

Storm signals, "...I think there is an auxiliary power room, currently on standby power flow. I think it was to provide additional power for the plasma focus batteries in the case of heavy combat without reduction of the stations other power needs. Proceeding on their is one more stairwell ramp that leads up... probably to the bridge."

Returning to the only other way up from the main gunnery deck level the ramp is heavily scorched with energy weapons fire. Obviously it was furiously fought over the defenders not giving up easily.

At the top of the ramp the circular iris door to the bridge is found... and the torn remains of two Umiak Hardtroopers - torn, not blasted.


Stormrage signals,"We have... found the... bridge. Two more hard troopers found... very dead. Torn apart... floor slippery here."

Even Stormrage, having done similar to Umiak before, must stifle down her guts wrenching at the sight... Lance Corp. Wests is not so fortunate and the whir of his helmet's self-cleaning function sounds cleaning the bile from his face plate his stomach in rebellion.

Stormrage reports, "Torrai Sorimi, we are outside the station bridge. There are no hostiles we have discovered at this point this station is dead. Should we enter or hold for your arrival?"

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Last edited by sunphoenix on Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:17 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:38 pm
Posts: 197
Post Re: [RP] Tempest Expedition (IC)
Sunbloom listens intently to the combined reports of the fireteams inside thes tation as well as Major Wolfe's flight outside the hull before responding, "Understood, Major. Please advise of any change in the stations activity that you may encounter." Switching frequencies, she continues in a calm, level voice, "Scratch that external entry, Sergeant, the armor is too thick. Captain Stone, gather the squads, we're advancing to the bridge to retrieve the logs. After that is accomplished, we are falling back aboard Tempest until we can ascertiain what happened here. Teidar, hold and wait for the remainder of the squads before affecting entry."

Frowning to herself, Sunbloom considers the situation based on what little more information she now has...

Actions-


Sanzai-
Spoiler: show
Sunbloom's flawed Sanzai may or may not be overheard by the Teidar... Those who do would faintly pick up on the thought, laced with an unusual, unpleasant, 'buzzing' undertone...

...I refuse to put everyone here at needless risk until we know what we may be up against...

She seems to be unaware that she is sending at all.


Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 939
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP] Tempest Expedition (IC)
Stormrage replies,"Understood Torrai Sorimi. Holding position."

Stormrage usually in charge of a Teider assault fire-team is used to keeping her mental senses sharp to hear even the weakest of Sanzai transmission in the case of wounded or incapacitated Teider or other Sozin.

Sending in Sanzai a tight Loroi to Loroi mind link only for Sunbloom...
Spoiler: show
"Do not... concern yourself overmuch, Torrai Sorimi Sunbloom. We are Unsheathed, Always. It is our privilege to 'risk' our lives for our sisters. 'RISK' is what we do..."

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:57 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:38 pm
Posts: 197
Post Re: [RP] Tempest Expedition (IC)
Sunbloom frowns and sighs to herself, blushing a bit blue as her damaged Sanzai betrays her yet again... However, with no rebuke of its unpleasant undertone, she replies similarly...

Sanzai-
Spoiler: show
I understand that fully... But with no clear picture of what we may, or may not, be facing, we are at needless risk... I am willing to take risks when they are calculated. As it stands, we are 'running blind', as the human saying goes. In any case, we will finish our primary objective, recover the logs and any security footage, and pull back to Tempest for now. We will be arriving shortly.


Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:11 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CF2, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.