Have the older comic pages been changed?

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Sanguinius

Re: Have the older comic pages been changed?

Post by Sanguinius »

Who are the 1st and 5th Lori in that picture? (moving from left to right)

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

Tamren wrote:I'm pretty sure I've seen a picture of Beryl, Fireblade and Tempo floating around the net. Only it seemed to be a very early picture and each of the three looked closer to their MOO2 counterparts. But upon looking in the Insider I don't see it listed.
There are several older illustrations that aren't in the gallery because they're embarrassingly bad.
Sanguinius wrote:Who are the 1st and 5th Lori in that picture? (moving from left to right)
The first on the left is the Loroi medtech from page 22. Fifth from the left (with the orange hair) is Soroin Tiris Ronsarad ("Red-river"), one of the fire control officers, who can be seen on the third panel of page 76.

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

Arioch wrote: [...]Fifth from the left (with the orange hair) is Soroin Tiris Ronsarad ("Red-river"), one of the fire control officers, who can be seen on the third panel of page 76.
wasnt her name redrill?

http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/sh ... tcount=265 (post 6)

even the name of the image is showing her as "redrill
http://well-of-souls.com/gallery/images ... drill9.jpg

Rill (though it basically the same thing as a river) sound less like she PMSing. just my opinion. Anyway she quite cute! when will she have more screen time?

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

Karst45 wrote: wasnt her name redrill?
It is. It's just a different way of translating the name. I prefer "Redrill" but I noticed that some people were reading it as "Re-drill." Not that it matters... I doubt her name will ever be said aloud in the comic.
Karst45 wrote: Anyway she quite cute! when will she have more screen time?
The Tempest bridge crew members will get more screen time, but that's a ways off.

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

Arioch wrote:
Karst45 wrote: wasnt her name redrill?

It is. It's just a different way of translating the name. I prefer "Redrill" but I noticed that some people were reading it as "Re-drill." Not that it matters... I doubt her name will ever be said aloud in the comic.
Well to be honest i read it as Red Drill (tought it was in link with her hair (awesome by the way)) until my previous post were i looked for a translation of Rill :oops:

damn dyslexia

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

Karst45 wrote:

Well to be honest i read it as Red Drill (thoguh it was in link with her hair (awesome by the way)) until my previous post were i looked for a translation of Rill :oops:

damn dyslexia
well, i never knew her name could mean a red lunar valley or a small erosion effect (all be it a small one). if its the red lunar one, hehe, I wonder if she got because she was a very good endurance runner or a very good shot ( being at weapons station)

it could happen

and Karst, even I had it as red-drill, your not alone mate ( and its a happy accident, you found something new)
I am a wander, going from place to place without a home I am a NOMAD