Page 96

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

fredgiblet

Re: Page 96

Post by fredgiblet »

bunnyboy wrote:I would like to see much more Outsider fanfics & fancomics. The wolf-folk and the one where bearded Fireblade dominate Alex aren't enough. :twisted:
Been thinking about posting some stuff for a while, maybe I will.

LegioCI

Post by LegioCI »

I've actually been thinking of doing some creative writing stuff for some of the Terran ships from here. Just started a new semester though, so I'll probably get around to it when things are less crazy.
"But notice how the Human thinks. 'Interesting... how can I use this as a weapon?'" - Arioch

Riess

Post by Riess »

I was thinking about posting a fan art thread in hopes of setting off a creative avalanche, but lacking anything new to post myself, I'm waiting.
Our Intrepid Crew - Space Opera Webcomic

Tanner

Post by Tanner »

go for it anyways!
Got my wacom plugged in and will be tempted to contribute... but beeing more a of a code guy all my art degrades itself to programmers art fairly rapidly :D
/*
** Actions speak louder than words, especially if you have a giant moon laser
*/

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

Tanner wrote:go for it anyways!
Got my wacom plugged in and will be tempted to contribute... but beeing more a of a code guy all my art degrades itself to programmers art fairly rapidly :D

got my waffle irond plugged it and... what do you mean by: it not the same thing??

Fotiadis_110

Post by Fotiadis_110 »

I see that the tradition of fluffy and unusual dress uniforms has returned in the future, can you imagine how long they spend starching those ties to get them to sit correctly like that?

I know fashions change but those uniforms always amuse ^_^
It does seem a little strange that females have the same conspicuous tie that also draws the attention of the eye, don't such uniforms traditionally conceal rather than enhance, in an effort to reduce the 'individuality' of those in the force?

I don't quite know how a dress uniform is supposed to serve on a star-ship anyway :p although I suppose I have to remember that these guys are multinational representatives and thus may or may not have to attend international functions with visiting dignitaries and politicians. However I dare-say I prefer the naval uniforms of the current era <_<.

As for what's currently occurring, i suspect that given the trauma that Alex went through, we're looking into his dreams/nightmares which happen to 'conveniently' be getting played back for us to see what actually occurred.

I wonder how long this sequence will last, and secondly, how long till our next batch?

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

Fotiadis_110 wrote: I see that the tradition of fluffy and unusual dress uniforms has returned in the future, can you imagine how long they spend starching those ties to get them to sit correctly like that?

I know fashions change but those uniforms always amuse ^_^
It does seem a little strange that females have the same conspicuous tie that also draws the attention of the eye, don't such uniforms traditionally conceal rather than enhance, in an effort to reduce the 'individuality' of those in the force?

I don't quite know how a dress uniform is supposed to serve on a star-ship anyway :p although I suppose I have to remember that these guys are multinational representatives and thus may or may not have to attend international functions with visiting dignitaries and politicians. However I dare-say I prefer the naval uniforms of the current era <_<.
Well personally I like the coverall type of uniform, practical and simple. As for dress unitforms, you alway have to look good in uniform and its surprising how fashion do get recycled over time.
Fotiadis_110 wrote: As for what's currently occurring, i suspect that given the trauma that Alex went through, we're looking into his dreams/nightmares which happen to 'conveniently' be getting played back for us to see what actually occurred.

I wonder how long this sequence will last, and secondly, how long till our next batch?
first, I wonder is fire-blade going to telepantically interupt alex and second

Fotiadis; never never speak of the "update" or "next page" its a little bit of curse on this forum ( counter curse, spreading salt around oneself, turen three times, anythign more )
I am a wander, going from place to place without a home I am a NOMAD

Count Casimir

Post by Count Casimir »

NOMAD wrote:
"Telepantically"

Sounds sexy.
Ashrain is best rain.

Michael

Post by Michael »

....yer, i guess it does...
CJ Miller: How many millions must be banned before we stop having pointless arguments on the Internet?
fredgiblet: ALL OF THEM! Our banhammers will blot out the sun!
CptWinters: Then we will troll in the shade.!

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

A uniform that can be quickly sealed is somethng I'd expect to find in a warship.

Actually, I design one such uniform in my head. A 2-piece, lower and upper, is sealed by a belt. The uniform comes with a "collapsabe" helmet and small oxygen tank. And by collapsable I mean transparent foil that folds from the back like a hoodie, with two thin metal wires going trough it. Once a small electrical chrage goes trough it, it stiffens, and become basicly a dome-lčike helmet..like Dr. Freeze has:
[img]http://www.smtexas.net/faculty/jackson/ ... e.jpgf/img]

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

Count Casimir wrote:
NOMAD wrote:
"Telepantically"

Sounds sexy.
Yes. The Loroi are well known for their sexy telepanty.

Trantor

Post by Trantor »

Arioch wrote:Yes. The Loroi are well known for their sexy telepanty.
Telekineses. Unlimited possibilities. 8-)
sapere aude.

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

You now have a pinup inspiration for Valentine's Day

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

NOMAD wrote:( counter curse, spreading salt around oneself, turen three times, anythign more )
i prefer the sacrifice of a lamb to adverse the curse: Méchoui anyone?
fredgiblet wrote:
You now have a pinup inspiration for Valentine's Day

well if you ask Fire-blade to pose for a "telepanty" wake up, you might end up with a Telepathic Wedgie of doom!

still efficient to wake someone up but less interresting for the receiver.

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

I think I just cause a major interspecies Diplomatic incident ARGh, with is why I need to spell check things before i post them.

oh well, better enjoy the stimulating experience while its lasts :)

I would like my tomb to read " telepanty to death and loved every moment" is case I don't make it (remember fire-blade got high and Max setting only so . . . )

Trantor

Post by Trantor »

NOMAD wrote:I would like my tomb to read " telepanty to death and loved every moment"
Tele-snusnu. Image
sapere aude.

Fotiadis_110

Post by Fotiadis_110 »

Regarding my comment before of 'how long' I meant and was trying to imply in terms of pages, for all I know the entire of chapter 2 could be longer than chapter 1 and all in flashbacks so we get to understand our hero :P

And regarding tempting fate by discussing the number/frequency... last time I did that we got a page the following day, so maybe I feel a little more comfortable about it than most :p

And regarding 'telepantry' I had a image flash through my mind.

'Following the misprint in the global news local bulletin, websites around the world crashed intermittently over the next week due to rule 39 which required everyone to make pictures involving such an event, as a result the global government sued and won a case leading to the precedent that every news provider globally be first spelling checked, and then triple checked against an 'innuendo word checker' covering all known words and a few thousand possible 'new' innuendo words which included every known language on a global scale.
As a consequence of this whitewashing, news agencies crashed due to the only articles they could publish were architectural design plans, and within a month even those had been used to develop new innuendo.'
'Government policy makers considered this a successful and very effective law change, right up till they were voted out of power by an apparently ignorant public with no access to up to date information' (or at least that was the governments conclusion (read: excuse))

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

sounds like SOPA but more naughtly

and Tele-snusnu, I think I like that better on my tomb, thx Trantor that really made me ROFL at work

but I was wishing for a more longer flashback sequence though

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

But what you have to ask yourselves is...

Is "telepanty" an ability or an undergarment?

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

Oh, great I'm going to be known for this, oh well can't do anything about it
Arioch wrote:But what you have to ask yourselves is...

Is "telepanty" an ability or an undergarment?
Telepathic based undies, oh the possibilities and cleaning is a breeze (get it . . . nothing :mrgreen: )

telepanty the ability: loroi sex toy or Loroi version of a succubus ?