Page 97

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

NOMAD

Re: Page 97

Post by NOMAD »

Ok, funny theory but hear me out ( or not)

could Alex nightmare have been cause by the Tempest doing a hyperspace jump

quote: insider on FLT ( it got updated)
Humans are typical in this regard and experience transitory "jump sickness" which may include: vertigo, nausea, headache, disorientation, visual and auditory hallucinations, waking dreams, and nightmares (for those already asleep).
I know Alex is feeling guilty about the bell, but the 51st could have high-tailed it back to base

just thinking ;)
I am a wander, going from place to place without a home I am a NOMAD

Count Casimir

Post by Count Casimir »

Huh. Makes a lot of sense.
Ashrain is best rain.

javcs

Post by javcs »

Maybe not all the way back (yet), but probably at least partway back. That, or they've gone more or less laterally because the Umiak were between them and the jump zone for the most direct route back to Loroi space.
TF 51 has almost certainly left Naam by now - not much of a reason to stick around, and pretty much every reason not to.

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

I would agree, Javcs

but probably back to their starting point for the initial interception mission, ( that defensive bastion near the Naam sector . . . Amizol IIRC ) however, given their cargo (Alex) they might have gone further behind loroi battlelines ( unless kikik-27 wasn't lying and hte loroi are now fighting blind)
I am a wander, going from place to place without a home I am a NOMAD