Forum RPG, anyone?

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Charlie

Re: Forum RPG, anyone?

Post by Charlie »

As RPGs go it happens, it'll be back, soon, i hope.
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

junk wrote:
sunphoenix wrote:I'm game...though I'm sort of wondering where all the interest int he currently running Cydonia Rising Game evaporated too...?
Those of us outside of it aren't aware of it? :P
There is still the possibility to participate, if someone wants to. However, I was a bit busy with other stuff (among other things, a flu), I hope that won't happen again, soon.
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

junk

Post by junk »

Suederwind wrote:
junk wrote:
sunphoenix wrote:I'm game...though I'm sort of wondering where all the interest int he currently running Cydonia Rising Game evaporated too...?
Those of us outside of it aren't aware of it? :P
There is still the possibility to participate, if someone wants to. However, I was a bit busy with other stuff (among other things, a flu), I hope that won't happen again, soon.
I'll admit I'm a bit unsure on the current state of the plot, or the plot period :P Any chance for a recap of sorts?

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

junk wrote: I'll admit I'm a bit unsure on the current state of the plot, or the plot period :P Any chance for a recap of sorts?
A recap? I will try my best. :)
For an introduction, read here.
After that (and playing some hide and seek between asteroids), the Cydonia picked the Loroi up and started its journey back to human space. After some initial problems were solved (what could the Loroi eat aboard, chain of command, can the humans trust the Loroi and can the Loroi trust the humans, etc...), they made their first jump on their way. After they reached the next system, were they need to refuel Cydonia, the ship was hit by some very elaborate and unknown ECM, as well as the Loroi were attacked by a strong telepathic presence in that system. The experimental refuel station, build by the TCA and the Megacorp. Shenuda Heavy Industries in that system, was captured by the Umiak, as they soon found out. The players decided to take the station back and secure the fuel, they need to reach home. Aboard that station they found new allies, as well as a bloody mess. At least so far.

Hm... I hope that will sum it up at least to some degree. 21 pages of OOC stuff, 24 pages of IC material and a prequel surely is a lot of stuff.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

junk

Post by junk »

So I presume it would be best to take new characters from the survivors on the station? Since there might be a wider range of them.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

junk wrote:So I presume it would be best to take new characters from the survivors on the station? Since there might be a wider range of them.
There are still a lot of crewmembers aboard Cydonia, that are not mentioned in detail. Playing a new Loroi character or a survivor on the station might be a bit difficult, I have to admit. If you have an idea what you want to play, feel free to send me a mail, so we can discuss the details.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

junk

Post by junk »

Suederwind wrote:
junk wrote:So I presume it would be best to take new characters from the survivors on the station? Since there might be a wider range of them.
There are still a lot of crewmembers aboard Cydonia, that are not mentioned in detail. Playing a new Loroi character or a survivor on the station might be a bit difficult, I have to admit. If you have an idea what you want to play, feel free to send me a mail, so we can discuss the details.
By mail I presume you mean PM :P

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Yes, that will do, too. :lol:
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

There are still a lot of possibilities for new Loroi player to join f.e:
SpoilerShow
While being unconscious, our team can't sense her and we find you.