Page 100

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Arioch
Site Admin

Re: Page 100

Post by Arioch »

fredgiblet wrote:Is that the story behind the "edited" quirks for Beryl as well?
Yes. Though some of it is not spoilers, but obsolete information. So don't lose too much sleep over it.

Count Casimir

Post by Count Casimir »

fredgiblet wrote:Indeed, Sense of Duty (*redacted*). Hmmmmm.
For my part in what will no doubt be a storm of mad speculation, I'm gonna say it says "Greywind" and she was put on-board to keep an eye on Stills.
Ashrain is best rain.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Hmmm.... Tempo likes dark humid places...

Evening, bathhouse sauna... and all her long dark hair hanging loose... bathtowel optional! :)
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Sanguinius

Post by Sanguinius »

Page 99 and 100 have some very good body language depictions with the eyes, arms and hands. Not easy to give a "strong" yet subtle image in a still frame but there are some very good depictions of it here.

Grayhome

Post by Grayhome »

The treatment this boy has undergone has been horrendous. I know of zoos in which the animals receive better treatment.

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

sunphoenix wrote:Hmmm.... Tempo likes dark humid places...

Evening, bathhouse sauna... and all her long dark hair hanging loose... bathtowel optional! :)
8-)
Don't delay, join today!

manticore7

Post by manticore7 »

Beryl: bad temper, bad reputation, what!?!
"Worlds governed by artificial intelligence often learned a hard lesson, Logic doesn't care"
Andromeda season 2 episode 6 All too Human

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

manticore7 wrote:Beryl: bad temper, bad reputation, what!?!
Bad Reputation is racial, Loroi are generally seen as unpleasant for a variety of reasons. Bad Temper will be interesting to see when it kicks in.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

I see the GURPS stats for the main Loroi characters and I keep wishing we had a running game of some sort...ah well!

Both... no, all three Game Masters went by-by on us... really a shame actually. The pbp games all had potential.
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

JQBogus

Post by JQBogus »

Fireblade : Beautiful (10 points)
Tempo : Beautiful (10 points)
Beryl : Attractive (5 points)

:(

I guess she needed the points elsewhere.

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

JQBogus wrote:Fireblade : Beautiful (10 points)
Tempo : Beautiful (10 points)
Beryl : Attractive (5 points)

well love is blind after all

or maybe it attractiveness compared to the "species standard"

ed_montague

Post by ed_montague »

Is there a trait for "so cute whenever I see her image I turn into a 6-year-old-girl?" Because that's what it ought to be. :geek:
Ensign Jardin is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling-place
The stars my destination

discord

Post by discord »

well, there is a 'cute' modifier for appearance which gives the reaction modifier without the sexual implications....in 4th edition at least...

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

The sheets predate 4E

icekatze

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

I remember Arioch once saying something about how Loroi gals views on males are perhaps vaguely akin to how human adults view children. Different, but not necessarily of lesser value. Reed's expression reminds me of the way someone might view a child or maybe a mildly misbehaving puppy. A bit of amusement, but its something she's seen plenty of times before at this point. Like an old joke that you never quite get tired of entirely.

I had wondered why Beryl wasn't around Alexander more, being that she's a big shot scientist and he's a newly discovered alien. However, I've got a couple ideas on why that might be the case. First, there's the possibility that she has a whole lot of normal duties that she needed to take care of instead. Second, there's the possibility that Stillstorm didn't want her poking at the human, especially after her display of trust earlier. She probably has a lot of sensitive information stored away in her memory and Loroi aren't known for their tact.

Grayhome

Post by Grayhome »

My money is on they were trying to wear down his will with solitary confinement and putting drugs in his food that nullified his resistance to Loroi mindrape.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Grayhome wrote:My money is on they were trying to wear down his will with solitary confinement and putting drugs in his food that nullified his resistance to Loroi mindrape.
...There are... 'other' ways for a woman to make a man talk and reveal his secrets. :) {Naughty Grin!}
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

My guess is that Stillstorm is flexing what muscle she can. Alex has been put outside her ability to screw with directly, but she can still impose her will on the soldiers under her command.

Count Casimir

Post by Count Casimir »

sunphoenix wrote:
Grayhome wrote:My money is on they were trying to wear down his will with solitary confinement and putting drugs in his food that nullified his resistance to Loroi mindrape.
...There are... 'other' ways for a woman to make a man talk and reveal his secrets. :) {Naughty Grin!}
True, but I don't think the Loroi are all that well-versed in the art of seduction. Though it'd be interesting to hear Alex try to explain it.
Ashrain is best rain.

ed_montague

Post by ed_montague »

Count Casimir wrote:
sunphoenix wrote:
True, but I don't think the Loroi are all that well-versed in the art of seduction. Though it'd be interesting to hear Alex try to explain it.
Loroi would be too mechanical about the whole thing...

"Good morning, captain. In the face of your apparent telepathic invulnerability, I have been instructed to employ certain methods in exchange for information."
"Er...what sort of methods?"
"If you provide accurate data on the technological and military strengths of Humaniti, I am authorized to remove an article of clothing in your presence."
"..."
"Well? Why aren't comatose from hormone production already?"
"...you know, I appreciate the effort, but I think there may be some slight biological differences between human and Loroi males..."
Ensign Jardin is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling-place
The stars my destination