Mars rover landing - Curiosity

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

icekatze

Re: Mars rover landing - Curiosity

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

On what is possibly a tangent to the science mission of Curiosity itself, I find the level of automation to be pretty amazing. We've had autonimous airplanes and space ships for a while now, and we're reportedly ten years away from having unmanned submarines, once we get autonomous ground vehicles down, we'll have what left to automate? Design, manufacture and command decisions... am I missing anything? (repair maybe?)

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

I remember a webcomic, was not able to find it again, were a guys was hacking the Nasa server to "boost" the space exploration program

Last panel was a TV new saying they found petrol on mars and that ExxonMobil launched their first shuttle closely followed by another one (i think it was shell)

funny but sad. There so much interesting thing that we could find in space, but there no money to be made (or not enough)

But yes curiosity killed the cat

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

Michael

Post by Michael »

Proof at last.
CJ Miller: How many millions must be banned before we stop having pointless arguments on the Internet?
fredgiblet: ALL OF THEM! Our banhammers will blot out the sun!
CptWinters: Then we will troll in the shade.!