What would YOU pick - (un)official Kickstarter thread

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

fredgiblet

What would YOU pick - (un)official Kickstarter thread

Post by fredgiblet »

So I just backed the Reaper Kickstarter

I went with the $100 level, but the $2000 level lets you give them the design for a mini of your own. My question is this: Which Outsider character would you pick, and how would you set it up?

I'd go with Fireblade, regular uniform, pose similar to the Chapter 1 cover except I'd probably add a pistol in one hand or on her hip. Ideally I'd have her using her TK, but that would be hard to get across on a mini without probably exceeding what they'd allow.

Count Casimir

Re: What would YOU pick

Post by Count Casimir »

Hah! You really gotta ask?

I can tell you she'd be in a kick-ass command pose.
Ashrain is best rain.

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

fredgiblet wrote:So I just backed the Reaper Kickstarter

I went with the $100 level, but the $2000 level lets you give them the design for a mini of your own. My question is this: Which Outsider character would you pick, and how would you set it up?

I'd go with Fireblade, regular uniform, pose similar to the Chapter 1 cover except I'd probably add a pistol in one hand or on her hip. Ideally I'd have her using her TK, but that would be hard to get across on a mini without probably exceeding what they'd allow.
Only one? That's it?
Don't delay, join today!

saint of m

Post by saint of m »

Fire blade from the cover of the first chapter

Mr Bojangles

Post by Mr Bojangles »

Tempo, either from the last panel of page 59, or the first panel of page 66.

Because there's just not enough Tempo love.

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

Tempo, page 66 panel 1.
Don't delay, join today!

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

Here's a new Kickstarter that just popped up that I think some of you might be interested in.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/144 ... tegy-game/

tl;dr A bunch of M.O.O. 2 fans are partway through making a spiritual successor and they are looking for funding to finish the job

Count Casimir

Post by Count Casimir »

This seems to be our official kickstarter thread, hah. I got hired recently, so I'm looking forward to actually being able to spend money on things!
Ashrain is best rain.

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

That's why I put it here rather than start a new thread.

I'm looking to put WAY too much money into Kickstarter, I need to stop going, I have 5 projects pledged, 7 that I'm watching and may pledge to and 10 backed this year (one last year when I found Kickstarter). I could easily spend most of my money here.

Mr Bojangles

Post by Mr Bojangles »

fredgiblet wrote:That's why I put it here rather than start a new thread.

I'm looking to put WAY too much money into Kickstarter, I need to stop going, I have 5 projects pledged, 7 that I'm watching and may pledge to and 10 backed this year (one last year when I found Kickstater). I could easily spend most of my money here,
Damn, Fred. I'm a fan of crowdfunding, but I think I've pledged to maybe two projects in the past year. How many do you think have a chance at succeeding?

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

I haven't backed a failure yet, so the 11 that I've backed in the last year are all successes. I pulled the trigger on a few new ones so I'm at 9 pledged currently with 2 watched. Of the 9 pledged currently 3 probably won't get funded, though one is small enough that it'll be in the air until the last few hours and another could get funded if the creator puts some effort into advertising (it's Michael Dorn so he has the name to pull interest). The rest are either already funded or too early to tell.

EDIT: Just took delivery on another Kickstarter end product. I'm excited to get home and start the download.

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

fredgiblet wrote: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/144 ... tegy-game/

tl;dr A bunch of M.O.O. 2 fans are partway through making a spiritual successor and they are looking for funding to finish the job
10 000k pledge reward
A large (39" x 27") oil painting related to MORE or the cosmos, additional language in game - chosen by You (by prior arrangement with us). A special acknowledgement in the game credits and game book and all previous reward tiers.
How about "loroi Trade" ?

after all if they are doing an Moo2 remastering, they should have the Elerian or an equivalent of :P

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

If you want to fund it they might do it. Probably not though, I'm betting the options will be restricted to ones that they can speak.

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

fredgiblet wrote:If you want to fund it they might do it. Probably not though, I'm betting the options will be restricted to ones that they can speak.
klingon?

Also, i dont think it limited to one speaking. Remember Moo2. each ambassador were making their own "noise" with subtitle if you had their language learned (or maybe am mixing with SOTS)

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

You may be thinking of SOTS... I don't believe the other leaders made any sound in MOO2.

Riess

Post by Riess »

SotS did the thing where it filtered chat messages into alien gibberish until you research the basic language, no sound though. MoO3 did have sound and animation, IIRC.
Our Intrepid Crew - Space Opera Webcomic

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

Arioch wrote:You may be thinking of SOTS... I don't believe the other leaders made any sound in MOO2.

am pretty sure they did, the Lionfolk one did roar no? when you received a diplomatic offer from them.

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

Karst45 wrote: am pretty sure they did, the Lionfolk one did roar no? when you received a diplomatic offer from them.
There was only music, no voice or sound effects in the MOO2 diplomatic screen.

I don't think the Mrrshan were even in MOO3, so I have no idea what you're remembering.

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

Arioch wrote:I don't think the Mrrshan were even in MOO3, so I have no idea what you're remembering.
Am not crasy, Tell them my shoulder leprechaun! No we will burn their house later, i already told you...

Michael

Post by Michael »

Don't even know what you guys are talking about :lol:
CJ Miller: How many millions must be banned before we stop having pointless arguments on the Internet?
fredgiblet: ALL OF THEM! Our banhammers will blot out the sun!
CptWinters: Then we will troll in the shade.!