Neil Armstrong Born - 5/8/30 - Deceased - 25/8/12

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Absalom

Re: Neil Armstrong Born - 5/8/30 - Deceased - 25/8/12

Post by Absalom »

Loosing Armstrong is a tragedy, I can only hope that it gets the public to push for more emphasis on the space program's funding.
Muttley wrote:Please, can we leave the whole mess of religion, icons and holy relics behind on the Earth when we leave, not carry it into space. It's divisive and leads only to conflict - any faith-based social structure is too vulnerable to misuse by the power-hungry.
Except that religion really is nothing more than an excuse, and therefor will automatically be replaced. See: current US political divides. If you want to eliminate all conflict then you have to eliminate all creatures capable of action.

Suffice to say, no matter how well intentioned the goal is, I consider reaching it unacceptable.

Razor One

Post by Razor One »

Funny you should mention that Ed, I myself found out from a different forum before passing the message on here.

Also:
Doctor Who - 6x02 - Day of the Moon wrote:
“The human race will spread out among the stars - you just watch them fly. Billions and billions of them, for billions and billions of years. And every single one of them at some point in their lives will look back at this man taking that very first step and they will never ever forget it.”
SpoilerShow
This is my Mod voice. If you see this in a thread, it means that the time for gentle reminders has passed.

Michael

Post by Michael »

Trantor wrote:
Michael wrote:In all seriousness I think we can all agree that it is "preaching to chore" when we discuss God, religion, ect, so if we must do it, then let us make a new thread and keep this one to remember a great man who had greatness thrust upon him.
I was about to type "Amen", but i better go with: I second that.
I LoL'd when I read this.
CJ Miller: How many millions must be banned before we stop having pointless arguments on the Internet?
fredgiblet: ALL OF THEM! Our banhammers will blot out the sun!
CptWinters: Then we will troll in the shade.!

Just a Crazy-Man

Post by Just a Crazy-Man »

May he rest in peace...at least they sent his body where exploration first began the sea.