What was recovered from the wreck of the Bellarmine

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Fotiadis_110

Re: What was recovered from the wreck of the Bellarmine

Post by Fotiadis_110 »

A man doesn't have to smell a womans scent to show signs of attraction to her, because of past experiences and biological imperative a human male can become attracted to a woman by something as simple as a phonecall...
For women I have no direct experience, but my understanding is for them similar substitutes for pheromones are the most common in fact most women despise strong body odors, so modern society has changed core evolutionary traits.

I should point out that all these traits are human.

Loroi sharing a similar body structure are easily capable of attracting a human male, humans sharing a similar physical structure may trigger a similar reaction in Loroi as well (i'm pretty sure a Loroi male might find the novelty of a human female interesting and entertaining in it's own way).

The odds of Loroi having the necessary chemical receptors and brain wiring to acknowledge human body odor as attractive as being very very low, to the point of near impossibility, so no, the access to showers isn't going to change Loroi biological behaviours.

No point leaving you barking up the wrong tree :p

That said, maybe the smell of Alex's pheromones is addictive? Maybe Beryl is getting a chemical buzz just by spending time near him.

saint of m

Post by saint of m »

True, the way she was smiling at him within breathing distances (I think that was a smile on her lips) make her seem like a kid with a new kitten and a can of Red Bull

Voitan

Post by Voitan »

saint of m wrote:make her seem like a kid with a new kitten
Will there be runny noses, constant sneezing, and red eyes? :mrgreen:

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

Voitan wrote:
saint of m wrote:make her seem like a kid with a new kitten
Will there be runny noses, constant sneezing, and red eyes? :mrgreen:
You seem to be speaking from experience.

saint of m

Post by saint of m »

The poster before you must have been around kids alot.

In any case I'm hoping that's the case. I'm sure there's already fan fiction for if I'm very, very wrong.

junk

Post by junk »

Fotiadis_110 wrote:A man doesn't have to smell a womans scent to show signs of attraction to her, because of past experiences and biological imperative a human male can become attracted to a woman by something as simple as a phonecall...
For women I have no direct experience, but my understanding is for them similar substitutes for pheromones are the most common in fact most women despise strong body odors, so modern society has changed core evolutionary traits.

I should point out that all these traits are human.

Loroi sharing a similar body structure are easily capable of attracting a human male, humans sharing a similar physical structure may trigger a similar reaction in Loroi as well (i'm pretty sure a Loroi male might find the novelty of a human female interesting and entertaining in it's own way).

The odds of Loroi having the necessary chemical receptors and brain wiring to acknowledge human body odor as attractive as being very very low, to the point of near impossibility, so no, the access to showers isn't going to change Loroi biological behaviours.

No point leaving you barking up the wrong tree :p

That said, maybe the smell of Alex's pheromones is addictive? Maybe Beryl is getting a chemical buzz just by spending time near him.

It actually depends - it's possible that human males are not very attractive to female loroi because they look bigger and stronger than loroi men. It's similar how a lot of men might be put off by a female that looks very buff.

Since loroi males were historically more sheltered it's certainly possible that humans might consider them very feminine.