Hello...

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Just a Crazy-Man

Hello...

Post by Just a Crazy-Man »

I'm new...and I have a few idea for Outsiders and on the side a request for doing a Star Trek/Outsiders FF story.

fredgiblet

Re: Hello...

Post by fredgiblet »

If you want to post a fanfic feel free, there's a fanfic thread creeping it's way down the front page or you can post it here if you want.

If you have some ideas feel free to post them here or you can PM/E-mail Arioch if you want to keep them private

Just a Crazy-Man

Thanks me and my friend will get to work I was thinking for outsiders their is still one of the early Precursor Empires around that are in the Shadows....basically good old race live for millions of years watching. Despite their size and beast like look...they are highly advance and quiet friendly but will stay out of the war and no one can say otherwise as they got the biggest guns to say otherwise. If I had to say they we are like their grand children and they the grand parents. In Human they are called Dragons.

XXX

As for the Star Trek story basic idea is for the USS Discovery to enter this region on a standard five year exploration mission on the edge of the Beta Quadrant. The story starts kinda like how Outsider starts except one of the Discovery's Runabouts gets caught in the battle the Runabout survivors are pick up... basically kinda like the way the story goes only the Federation not looking to enter this war so the Discovery arrives after not getting a standard check in with the Runabout.

XXX

The USS Discovery everything except the Slipstream drive.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs32/f/2008/ ... an1988.jpg

Just a Crazy-Man

By the way I had a idea after looking at the Umiak use of Gunboats...and I got to thinking...after checking out my old favorite came wing commander the idea for a Dreadnought came to mind.

For years since the siege the war has stalled...the Umiak going for quantity over quality came to mind...and what about their allies and slave races...why the Loroi build more advance vessels the Umiak are secretly behind the lines using this time to build a Dreadnought...the most massive mobile fortress in history. Nearly impossible to bring down even if a Starship rammed into it's hull wouldn't be enough.

Idea base on this:

http://www.wcnews.com/wcpedia/Hvar%27ka ... readnought

Just a Crazy-Man

OK here is the race that the Humans nick name Dragons:

Mikk

Post by Mikk »

Loving these sketches!
I wonder what that shady little fellow is up to down there. I mean: what's up with the size difference?
Fandom established 2004*. (*Official records lost)
Sometimes I have a twisted mind…
¿What could possibly be better than giant robots fighting with knives? ¡Giant robots fighting with swords, of course!

Just a Crazy-Man

Mikk wrote:Loving these sketches!
I wonder what that shady little fellow is up to down there. I mean: what's up with the size difference?
Well to show variation between the races as why would all races just be the same height. Their are many types of Dragons and govern equally by the Council of Elders.

Mysterious Trader...

They are every where yet the Loroi never notice them...besides their huge size and brute strength their telepathic powers are way ahead of those of the Loroi...now why the Dragons stay out of the war they are always watching...few Loroi have seen them Fireblade as a child was one of the very few before he vanish.

Just a Crazy-Man

My ship...

The Battleship Invictus BC-01....

Before contact with the Orgus ideas for a new generation of starships were in the works for a long range range Star Cruiser...the project was code name Pathfinder...the work on the Pathfinder began at the Serenity orbital ship yards in orbit between Mars and the belt over 30 percent had been laid down by the time the Orgus had arrive. After contact every Navy Admirals after getting a hold of combat data and weapons capabilities of both the Union and Hierarchy...Admiral Allen Rodriguez of Deep Space Recon Command pulled through the scare and put things on track...why Project Pathfinder was put on hold...why they thought of what they were going to do. Admiral Rodriguez pressure the need for the current fleet to expand and newer vessels would be built with the new upgrades integrated into their designs so the older ones when their are plenty of vessels can rotate the rest of the fleet in for refit. Admiral Rodriguez also revisited the Pathfinder class...with new armor tech integrated in and new reactors to help power the screens to save time the Pathfinder was armed with many light and heavy railguns and a main mass driver cannon for long range sniping and and combat several dozen missile launchers over the advance energy weapons due to the fact that the tech still would need time to develop and work out. The Pathfinder is equip with multple defense lasers for anti missile, fighter, and torpedo defense. the Pathfinder launch bay was design to carry a number of shuttles and Dropships for ground operations and easier to resupply in battle massive blast doors will come down and seal the bays...the Pathfinder was renamed to Invictus and classified as a Terran Battleship and flagship ship of the 1st Rapid Response Force. In the coming years the Invictus class will become a legend as she may be crude but effective.

Mikk

Post by Mikk »

Just to try and disambiguate a bit here:
are there many species of dragon, or is the dragon species just highly varied in size?
¿What could possibly be better than giant robots fighting with knives? ¡Giant robots fighting with swords, of course!

Just a Crazy-Man

Mikk wrote:Just to try and disambiguate a bit here:
are there many species of dragon, or is the dragon species just highly varied in size?
Different sizes also their is one species but many variations like Humans and Loroi.

But which dragon do you all like the best as I like the first one. :)

Mikk

Post by Mikk »

Humans and Loroi are not known to be one species.. :?

Just a Crazy-Man

Mikk wrote:Humans and Loroi are not known to be one species.. :?
Sorry I mean we do not look alike to our fellow Humans such as the Loroi race also don't look exactly the same to each other.

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

Just a Crazy-Man wrote:My ship...

Astroempire.

Just a Crazy-Man

Sorry my bad I by accident PM you when trying to post a reply.

XXX

Best I could find on short notice but the basic idea of the starship is sound and massive armor plating around the ship to make up for weak screens. It's not high tech but durable.

Michael

Post by Michael »

Welcome, your name describes most of us
Karst45 wrote:

Astroempire.
Did you google it, or know it from sight?
CJ Miller: How many millions must be banned before we stop having pointless arguments on the Internet?
fredgiblet: ALL OF THEM! Our banhammers will blot out the sun!
CptWinters: Then we will troll in the shade.!

Just a Crazy-Man

Google it.

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

Michael wrote:Welcome, your name describes most of us
Karst45 wrote:

Astroempire.
Did you google it, or know it from sight?
know it from sight

and the logo of astro Empire on the hull is a big give away.

Just a Crazy-Man

Never heard of it to be honest.

XXX

So I have a idea for a story...but have two Federation starships...which one do you all like better.

The Discovery class:

Or Perception class

Count Casimir

Post by Count Casimir »

Y'know, despite loving me some soft sci-fi, I've seen very very few episodes of Star Trek. Always kinda wanted to go on a big ST binge...
Ashrain is best rain.

Just a Crazy-Man

Well the thing is the United Federation of Planets or UFP better known as the Federation is far away it take the Loroi several years to get to it if they know where to look and the Federation made up of hundreds of races and span over more then 15,000 light years across with hundreds of thousands of systems and trillions of many races and cultures each with their own special abilites. Plus tens if not hundreds of thousand of Starships. The fact is, is like the Loroi the Federation has a rule to stay neutral in anyone else war as it is internal conflict and one that even if the Federation was in they would never except total Loroi control let alone allow the genocide of another race in any shape or form.