An idea on how to accelerate the creation of this comics.

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

SageofTimes

Re: An idea on how to accelerate the creation of this comics

Post by SageofTimes »

Which is the reason why I suggested Patreon, because it doesn't lock you into monthly/weekly/daily anything. You get paid at the end of the month based on how much you have produced.

Edit: Although, if it's mostly time, not money, I can understand, it just seemed like money was the main issue discussed.

discord

Post by discord »

sage: one of the 'issues' is the art style arioch uses, the results are fabulous, but very work(and time) consuming, and not in a simply predictable pattern, take for example the bridge scene, it took a full year and change before a new page came(incidentally page 51), then there was like a new page every week, or at least it felt like it at times.

why? because arioch 3d models the entire room, designs it down to what each console on the bridge is for(makes it easier to make it logical where people are standing) inserts 3d character models for reference, and THEN he draws it. Once the spade work for the scene is done, the rest is relatively fast, but that original spade work is quite a lot of work.

and this is also the reason for the current 'hiatus' since arioch is doing up a new scene, the highland shuttle which will probably be where the next 20-30 pages will take place.

SageofTimes

Post by SageofTimes »

discord wrote:sage: one of the 'issues' is the art style arioch uses, the results are fabulous, but very work(and time) consuming, and not in a simply predictable pattern, take for example the bridge scene, it took a full year and change before a new page came(incidentally page 51), then there was like a new page every week, or at least it felt like it at times.

why? because arioch 3d models the entire room, designs it down to what each console on the bridge is for(makes it easier to make it logical where people are standing) inserts 3d character models for reference, and THEN he draws it. Once the spade work for the scene is done, the rest is relatively fast, but that original spade work is quite a lot of work.

and this is also the reason for the current 'hiatus' since arioch is doing up a new scene, the highland shuttle which will probably be where the next 20-30 pages will take place.
It's good to know the comic is till being worked on. Possibly discussions such as this could be mitigated with a stickied forum post from Arioch explaining their creative process (especially why it takes so long, and why money isn't so much of an issue). I apologize for my ignorance, I was simply working from what I knew, and trying to provide an avenue of solution.

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

SageofTimes wrote:
discord wrote:sage: one of the 'issues' is the art style arioch uses, the results are fabulous, but very work(and time) consuming, and not in a simply predictable pattern, take for example the bridge scene, it took a full year and change before a new page came(incidentally page 51), then there was like a new page every week, or at least it felt like it at times.

It's good to know the comic is till being worked on. Possibly discussions such as this could be mitigated with a stickied forum post from Arioch explaining their creative process (especially why it takes so long, and why money isn't so much of an issue). I apologize for my ignorance, I was simply working from what I knew, and trying to provide an avenue of solution.
+1
Don't delay, join today!