Scramble your ship for scrumbleship

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Karst45

Scramble your ship for scrumbleship

Post by Karst45 »

Real neutonian physic (thus you suite can cancel if it had energy and fuel) You will need to manage your heat to avoid having a cooked crew. AI clone crew needed to manage all turret. mining and building with the help of your AI clones Auto healing BIOSHIP!!!

All in voxel

Take note that this is in alpha 0.16. So it not as pretty or functional as the final version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=h6f ... =endscreen

http://www.scrumbleship.com/

Count Casimir

Re: Scramble your ship for scrumbleship

Post by Count Casimir »

Dang, that looks cool. Like Space Minecraft, kind of.
Ashrain is best rain.

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

Yep except it not only block you have angle pane curve and all thing like that. A block is actually tiny block they call vexel (can tell much about it i just learned about those)

In the end you will need to bring fuel from tank to your engines/reactor and process the heat generated out. wire thing out so you can have ship working Process amunition for your Cannon/missils

and you will be able to build kilometer long Railgun, if your able to power it up without melting your ship that is.

Oh and as a Newtonian game, you need thruster all around if you want to move and/or brake. I wonder if impact from projectile will make it so the ship change course.

Oh and if you make a rotating part you can actually simulate gravity. It have a loooooooooooots of potential. let just hope the author dont get tired of it.

edit/p.s. : i just reread myself and i so sound like a 5 year old telling his first bicycle ride to his parent :oops:

Absalom

Post by Absalom »

Karst45 wrote:Yep except it not only block you have angle pane curve and all thing like that. A block is actually tiny block they call vexel (can tell much about it i just learned about those)
3 dimensional pixel. They've been used in games for over a decade, but I don't think they've ever been major. Normally everyone uses images (called textures) that are "painted" onto triangles (and sometimes polygons).