[RP]Cydonia Rising (OOC)

A spot for collections of Outsider-related original fan fiction and related works.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Victor_D

Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising (OOC)

Post by Victor_D »

Unless the Loroi targeting/navigational sensors require constant input by a farseer, I am pretty sure they are equipped with similar, likely better sensor equipment as humans. A small atmospheric shuttle should have sensors allowing it to safely conduct orbital manoeuvres, atmospheric re-entry, flight, and landing (vertical and horizontal). So basically similar stuff you'd find on a Space Shuttle orbiter, just far more sophisticated. It will probably lack the resolution to detect anything beyond a few hundred thousand kilometres though, because a shuttle doesn't need it to perform its function.

Yiuel

Post by Yiuel »

Victor_D wrote:Unless the Loroi targeting/navigational sensors require constant input by a farseer, I am pretty sure they are equipped with similar, likely better sensor equipment as humans. A small atmospheric shuttle should have sensors allowing it to safely conduct orbital manoeuvres, atmospheric re-entry, flight, and landing (vertical and horizontal). So basically similar stuff you'd find on a Space Shuttle orbiter, just far more sophisticated. It will probably lack the resolution to detect anything beyond a few hundred thousand kilometres though, because a shuttle doesn't need it to perform its function.
That sounds rather reasonable. Which means we'll be basically blind. :p
la nɔtʀʏltsɪmœ ʀɛv, dɛ ʒã puʀ la pʀɔtɛʒe
nu vœnõ dõkœ dœ tupaʀtu, puʀ ɛtʀœ sa ɡʀãdaʀme
dœ la site pʀɔtɛktœʀ, dœ sœ ʀɛvœ defãsœʀ
ynjõ dœ la fɔʀsœ dœ tus, nu vwasijalɔʀ lɛzɔʀiɔnɪt

- The Chant of A Certain Army

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Victor_D wrote:Unless the Loroi targeting/navigational sensors require constant input by a farseer, I am pretty sure they are equipped with similar, likely better sensor equipment as humans. A small atmospheric shuttle should have sensors allowing it to safely conduct orbital manoeuvres, atmospheric re-entry, flight, and landing (vertical and horizontal). So basically similar stuff you'd find on a Space Shuttle orbiter, just far more sophisticated. It will probably lack the resolution to detect anything beyond a few hundred thousand kilometres though, because a shuttle doesn't need it to perform its function.
Thats it, I think. Maybe some auxiliary sensors for traveling short distances in space. But nothing better than that. I highly doubt that such sensors would need constant input by a farseer. There are not that many of them, if I remember correctly.
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Standard "Nistil" Shuttle -

Description-
SpoilerShow
"Nistil"
Class: Utility Shuttle
Length: 30 m
Deadweight Mass: 150 t
Crew: 2
Passengers: 20
Screens: none
Max. Acceleration: 15 G*
Fuel Capacity: 100

Note: *10 G Max with unprotected passengers. This general-purpose shuttle is carried by most Loroi warships, and used for a variety of missions. It has minimal streamlining to allow for safe planetary landings, but is intended primarily for exo-atmospheric use.
Stats: 103pts {52pt - Item}
SpoilerShow
Armor = Lvl 20, Armor Rating 40{56} / Health Points: 20 {40pts}
Features = Lvl 6 [Extra Capacity 5: 15 people and/or 15,000kg Cargo <5>, Neutrino Radio <1>] {6pts}
'Atmosphereic' Flight [Detectible: Hearing -1] = Lvl 6, 30k kph {47pts}
Spaceflight [Detectible: Radiation -1] = Lvl 4, "15 G" {100kph~ approx 'not really'} {7pts}
Special Defenses = Lvl 6 [Freezing Cold <2>, Lack of Air <2>, Low Pressure <2>] {12pts}
Supersenses-Radar [Detectible: Radar -1] = Lvl 5, 100km {9pts}
--------
Awkward Size 'Colossal' = Size 4; 30m [-16]
* [Lifting Capacity: 150,000kg 'max', Damage Modifier: +16 {no weapons}, Armor Rating: +16, Ranged Att. Bonus to hit/defend: {-4}]
Special Requirement - Frequent Maintenance/Fuel [-2]
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

To make things clear, the shuttle you are on is a "Slipper" class, Trans-Atmospheric Shuttle (Skiff).
SpoilerShow
Deadweight Mass: 160 t
Max. Acceleration: 10 G
Fuel Capacity: 50

Note: This is a streamlined craft designed for efficient planetary landings and takeoffs. It has limited performance and endurance outside atmosphere. It is most commonly carried by orbital stations or passenger transports, but many capital ships will carry at least one in place of a standard shuttle.
Argent Fires "Nistel" Shuttle is the destroyed one in the hangar bay. I will add that to the prelude, to make things clear. Sorry, should have done so in the first place. :oops:
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

...sigh.

Slipper "Lillit" Shuttle -
Description-
SpoilerShow
Slipper "Lillit"
Class: Trans-Atmospheric Shuttle (Skiff)
Deadweight Mass: 160 t
Max. Acceleration: 10
Fuel Capacity: 50

Note: This is a streamlined craft designed for efficient planetary landings and takeoffs. It has limited performance and endurance outside atmosphere. It is most commonly carried by orbital stations or passenger transports, but many capital ships will carry at least one in place of a standard shuttle.
Stats: 100pts {50pt - Item}
SpoilerShow
Armor = Lvl 20, Armor Rating 40{56} / Health Points: 20 {40pts}
Features = Lvl 6 [Extra Capacity 4: 8 '20' people and/or 5,000kg Cargo <4>, Neutrino Radio <1>] {5pts}
'Atmosphereic' Flight [Detectible: Hearing -1] = Lvl 6, 30k kph {47pts}
Spaceflight [Detectible: Radiation -1] = Lvl 3, "10 G" {10kph~ approx 'not really'} {5pts}
Special Defenses = Lvl 6 [Freezing Cold <2>, Lack of Air <2>, Low Pressure <2>] {12pts}
Supersenses-Radar [Detectible: Radar -1] = Lvl 5, 100km {9pts}
--------
Awkward Size 'Colossal' = Size 4; 30m [-16]
* [Lifting Capacity: 100,000kg 'max', Damage Modifier: +16 {no weapons}, Armor Rating: +16, Ranged Att. Bonus to hit/defend: {-4}]
Special Requirement - Frequent Maintenance/Fuel [-2]
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

VonWolffe

Post by VonWolffe »

Human side hasn't got much to work with yet but I am still here. Wolffe is standing on the bridge while all the cool stuff is happening with the Loroi. Kudos folks, makes for good reading. :)

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

I'm sure we will speed up soon. I think Gm and loroi char wanted to catch up in time line(cydonia crew sees aftermath of battle...)

ps.
I have some lines already made but waiting for GM ...

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

I will post something for the human _and_ loroi side today. Still working on that and I have an appointment today. So this could take awhile. I wanted to post this earlier but thought that an answer to Yiuel is more important.
There are still some characters/players missing, so there will be a break between the prelude and the"real deal".
I hope you are enjoying the game so far. :)
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

So, page 2 of the prelude. Nice! :)
Currently thinking about what comes next and rework what I have written so far.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Random Person

Post by Random Person »

Sorry guys, I actually won't be able to participate. Classes are starting in a few days and I really don't need the distraction.
Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down? It's not my department. -Wernher von Braun

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Thats sad to hear. Good luck!
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Sorry to be dominating the RP in the current thread. I had expected Suederwind to make a new thread when the shuttle launched - so I could close this thread and EVERYONE could get into the drama and RP.
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

I'm waiting for help to be sent for so Malidasaria can be introduced. '-'
Don't delay, join today!

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Actually... looking at the two character's stats... Softsapphire versus Thoughtvenom... Thoughtvemon would be the better choice. She has electonics and computers...

Perhaps you should but in and point that out?
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Yiuel

Post by Yiuel »

Quick questions :

1. Size of the probe vs. size of the shuttle. Is the shuttle big enough and probe small enough that we could get the probe and analyse it in the relative safety of our shuttle.

2. Radiation levels vs. Loroi physiology. I made two checks, I will need an answer from the DM to give a proper course of action.

Finally, made it wide open for a Tech Girl to stand up. So please use it :p
la nɔtʀʏltsɪmœ ʀɛv, dɛ ʒã puʀ la pʀɔtɛʒe
nu vœnõ dõkœ dœ tupaʀtu, puʀ ɛtʀœ sa ɡʀãdaʀme
dœ la site pʀɔtɛktœʀ, dœ sœ ʀɛvœ defãsœʀ
ynjõ dœ la fɔʀsœ dœ tus, nu vwasijalɔʀ lɛzɔʀiɔnɪt

- The Chant of A Certain Army

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Hi there!
I intended to stop the rp and open an new thread for the real deal, after the first contact. I first intended that all of the things before that would be told in a backflash from the argent fires and cydonias commanders/captains. Letting you play all this is much more fun, I have to say and we are progressing very rappidly (compared to the other games here).
I really had no idea that you would be that cautious. Possibly doing an EVA for contacting that probe... I really haven' thought on that. Nicely played! :D
Indeed, CJ Millers character would be more fitting. Feel free to post your part.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

@Yiuel:
1.) Your character don't know how big that probe is. OOC: that thing will be made of some sort of sensor array, thrusters, a com unit and a small reactor, attached to an asteroid. Nothing too sophisticated, but it does its job. (What kind of wordplay do you use in the english speaking world for something absolutly standard, without any extras? We in Germany say its 08/15. Nevertheless, thats exactly what this probe is.) The whole Asteroid will not fit in the shuttle, but you might be able to remove the probe or parts from it.

2.)Your character knows now that Twilightsaber didn't lie to you. It is in fact very dangerous to go out there. I have to say, that I'm not sure how to convert solon into minutes, so that 600 solon should be around 10 minutes. Maybe someone could correct me, if I am wrong on that. Thanks in advance! Nevertheless, you have to be quick.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

600 solons is 11 Earth human minutes.

And I don't think there's any way to introduce Malidasaria right now aside from having her suddenly also be on another of the Argent Fire's escape pods, which is implausible as all get out and maybe also godmoding. When Softsapphire shut the sensors off, did she go into radio blackout as well?
Don't delay, join today!

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Well, introducing your char is no problem (at least for my point of view). She is there on that shuttle, but she hasn't said or done anything yet, exept escaping. Like Yiuel and I said, feel free to post.
Thanks for solving that little solon problem.
Edit: I reworked the first Post in this thread (again), should be easier to find the necessary informations.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]