[RP]Cydonia Rising (OOC)

A spot for collections of Outsider-related original fan fiction and related works.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Beliskner

Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising (OOC)

Post by Beliskner »

Sorry for delay guys. I will try post something today.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Need to apologize for the delay, too. :(
Trying to finish what I am currently working on today and post it tomorrow.
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Okay, has been awhile, sorry for the delay. But before I start posting the next part of the story I will need to know where you want to go. Therefore I created this map of the station for you: Station
For your information: the decks are squarish shaped with the SHI labs/research facilities/quarters in the center. So the areas accesseable to you are more or less ring shaped, so to speak.
Edit: Okay, I have forgotten 2 things: 1. the Umiak ship is docked at the lower docking area on deck 10.
2. You entered the station on Deck 1, but thanks to the magic of artificial gravity, you have to climb upwards.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Engineering, Life Support, Communications and the Command Center would be my thoughts.
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Hm... seems like some spelling errors go through. I hope you don't mind that I messed that up. Sorry for that.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Hujedamig

Post by Hujedamig »

I will see how much I will continue play. Just found out I have testicular cancer, so the mood isn't really great.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Oh gods man...! I'm so sorry to hear that. I'll pray for your health and hope for treatments that can put it in remission!
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Holy sh..! Thats not the answer I was expecting to read. :shock:
I am very sorry to hear that, but I hope and prey that there is a therapy that can help you.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Thats rough buddy, early detection helps as someone I know said. I hope you have a successful recovery.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Okay, Command Deck it is then. Sorry for the delay, but I was on a LAN party with friends and just returned home.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Post whenever... I'm a waiting! :)
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

I too am lurking.

Senanthes

Post by Senanthes »

Still keeping an eye out too. :)

Grayhome

Post by Grayhome »

I have a dumb question, why the hell are the Loroi being given access to Terran weapons and training when they refused to allow said Terrans access to theirs?

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

I may be wrong, but, it may have been that the Loroi didn`t have enough to go around.
Also, they have standard assault rifles, so not exactly on the cutting edge of technology. We still haven`t shown them anything good.
The linkage in the rifle and suit would make them unable to shoot a Marine with a Marine rifle.

Grayhome

Post by Grayhome »

I may be wrong, but, it may have been that the Loroi didn`t have enough to go around.
Also, they have standard assault rifles, so not exactly on the cutting edge of technology. We still haven`t shown them anything good.
The linkage in the rifle and suit would make them unable to shoot a Marine with a Marine rifle.
It was one of the conditions of the Loroi allowing themselves to be rescued, Terrans don't touch Loroi weapons (the Loroi also omitted the fact that they have Psi amps which is a serious violation of the agreement and would be grounds for their immediate spacing, in my opinion). The Terran agreed to not touch the Loroi weapons. Why would the Terrans allow the Loroi anywhere near theirs?

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

I believe we armed them because they had insufficient weapons for there contribution to the mission.

As for the violation, I don`t think the Terrans understand the TK let alone the function of the Psi Amps. Regardless, more damaging to relations and grounds for "proper" confinement would be the time bomb AM Reactor on the shuttle, which may or may not be still ticking. I say proper as in all of them hand-cuffed and the resistors shot. Nobody would be any sort of cordial after discovering that they have set a bomb on board.

At the moment, they have non visible primary guards. Mainly they are being studied via the security cams all over the ship. With the gaurds that are there more like valets and chaperons. I'd imagine there is a Marine ready team armed and armored waiting for the Loroi to show aggression, but they would be hidden from sight as it wouldn`t do to overly annoy an empire sized genocidal alien race.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

I can answer this question as it only really affects Sonnidezzi.

First off, Sonni is the ONLY Loroi carrying a Terran weapon... and why? Because she asked to. She asked the Human Field Commander Ferox to carry one of human assault rifle as her Blaster pistol did not have the range of a longarm. She merely wanted another option ...and with her Telekinesis she had many more options with a projectile firing weapon.

As for the Loroi weaponry... there are a total of 3 blaster pistols {including Sonnidezzi's} and 4 Blaster Rifles... there are some 30 Loroi 'guests' onboard the Cydonia... certainly not enough weapons to go around.

Sonni asked to use the Assualt Railgun and has not asked to take it apart and schematic it and copy its design... that's a big difference from what the Terrans would want to do to Loroi hand-held energy weapons! There is nothing saying that as part of the negotiations that a sharing of Loroi hand-held energy weapon tech could not be part of the trade of information and support... but Sonni insists that the Terrans must negotiate for that trade of information in good faith... they don't get it for free!

As for the Psi Amps.. they are not weapons. They are actually not really technology with per se moving parts {as far as Arioch has defined them}... they may have circuitry but they apparently don't have a power source other than the Loroi's mind. So.. strictly speaking they are not firearms they are not weapons they do not fall under the agreement the Mizol negotiated for all weaponry save for one sidearm for the Loroi security chief be secured in the weapons locker and guarded at all times.

Now as for the rigged AM Powerplant on the Loroi shuttle... that was NOT done with the Mizol's knowledge or approval... Sonni did that on her own.. a safety measure should the humans prove to be untrustworthy.. they would not get far with any Loroi stolen tech they felt they could just take without permission. However, this was ALL done on Sonni's own recognizance... because she is a warmonger and a SoB like all warmongers! She would not willingly submit to a situation that would yield vital critical intel about her race to a hostile alien force... REGARDLESS of what her immediate superiors felt about the matter! She was certain Torrai command would 100% agree with her assessment and actions. There is not a human who would do ANYTHING LESS!

However, Sonnidezzi has been... weather she would like to admit it to herself or not... 'compromised'. She found she could not do such a thing to kill the humans so unilaterally for the crimes of some bad, impolite and dishonest directives by commanders. She could not allow the shuttle to detonate and kill Charlie. So she has disarmed the self-destruct timer. It is not in operation any more. She also felt it was a bit hypocritical to state... "If you want to be trusted then you must be willing to trust in good faith...", when she was certainly not trusting either! A Dorazer Engineer Caste may be able to realize what she had done on a close examination... but she has not confided what she did to anyone other than Charlie... and she also told him she disarmed it and would not do it again, out of respect and honesty with the kindness and politeness shown her crewsisters.

Charlie has chosen not to reveal what she has done and believes her when she has promised not to do it again. All the rest is for the future to tell. For my part I have no intention of Sonni breaking her word... she does not do that... and in part her conscience really bothered her deeply about what she done when the humans did not treat her crewsisters badly... but tradition and duty are hard habits to break!

It is my hope to have Sonnidezzi grow as a character to change her views about things as the game goes on to be more open and accepting and perhaps more human along the way. A character in a story that does not change with the events of the story .. does not grow is boring and unrealistic. Life is change.
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Absalom

Post by Absalom »

The Umiak have managed to get an AI attack program to invade Terran systems despite both little time to prepare for it (and that's assuming that they did it in Umiak space, with access to at least some information about the opcodes, instead of after encountering the station), and the fact that the TCA would be hacked on every approach to an inhabited planet if it was easy (it can only be done if the software on the computers allows for it), and you're worrying about guns that were probably chosen for reliability & cost before all else :D ?

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Absalom wrote:The Umiak have managed to get an AI attack program to invade Terran systems despite both little time to prepare for it (and that's assuming that they did it in Umiak space, with access to at least some information about the opcodes, instead of after encountering the station), and the fact that the TCA would be hacked on every approach to an inhabited planet if it was easy (it can only be done if the software on the computers allows for it), and you're worrying about guns that were probably chosen for reliability & cost before all else :D ?
Shh, it`s a secret. Don`t spoil the plot. We have to figure out that Humanity could be in trouble because of these events.