Reply to topic  [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC] 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 939
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Sonidezzi steps to Commander Ferox's side.

< ["Understood Commander... however, you need not waste your limited explosives upon this. If I may?"] >

The petite shapely Loroi woman gestures and suddenly raw lightning arcs loudly around her fist causing the hair on everyone in the area to tingle with the sudden shift in static electricity on the room... even through their armored vaccsuits.

Pointing her oddly gauntleted open left hand at the computer junction control box bright lightning arcing between her fingers. Sonni shifts her hold on the Terran Assualt Railgun Rifle in her right fist pulling it close to her chest away from her arcing hand as the lightning in her fist peeks to a blinding ferocity.

The Loroi woman is briefly outlined in a glow of electromagnetic plasma... like an angry goddess of lightning - when there is a pulse of released energy...!

She says, "...Run bugs RUN! We're coming for you and you will FRY by my hand!!"

Then a thundercrack of released energy reverberates in the room as a barrage of released lightning unleashes from her hand to strike the machine blowing every circuit in the machine and charring to slag the surface where the seemingly hungry lightning plays about the melting materials... leaving only a smoking lump of twisted metal and running molten slag of delicate conductive interior wiring & solder connections...

Craaa-AAACK-BOOOM!!

Attack - Psionlcs: Weapon Attack - "Lightning Bolt" Lvl 3 w/Amp Lvl 6 = 2d6 + 8 → [5,4,8] = (17) Success!
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/1350792
* Static Ranged target number {not dodging} 6 maybe? Easily hit! Darn...almost a critical hit!!

Total Cost: 10EP {Lightning Bolt} / Current Energy: 20

Damage - Weapon Attack - "Lightning Bolt" = Lvl6 x5 + ACV, 38pts Damage
- Add any electrical surge effects from her Environmental Control electricity to any other Umiack devices attached.
* Equivalent to a Fragmentation Grenade Weapon Lvl 6 attack

Sonni wavers slightly on her feet, the psionic feats draining her... But she straightens her shoulders resolutely, catching herself to stand tall and nods at Commander Ferox.

"< ["Where to next Commander Ferox? I would like to assault the Umiak ship directly... to disable their remaining offensive systems so they may not target the Cydonia. I had originally suggested a two flank assault specifically to avoid this situation. My Sorin and I could have been neutralizing the Umiak remaining systems & crew also providing distraction for you to secure the station. But it is - 'wind already blown'. What are your orders?"] >

[OOC: Just a question Suederwind has Sonni recovered any energy as all she has been doing is walking about for the past hour?]

[ P83 ]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Last edited by sunphoenix on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.



Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:23 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 257
Location: Somewhere in Middle Lane
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Post number: 58

The thing laughed at one of Loroi, a critical mistake on it`s part.


[The situation seems not clear to [the enemy]. We therefore gratefully share information with [the blue witches and their puppets] to make them better understand their situation. [The Forces of the hierarchy] in this system are not short on time, we can wait and discuss. The ship of your [creations/tools] is not far away. Our vessel might be crippled, but we could easily disable or destroy it. But doing so would give us no [Gratification/Benefit] and both of us would be stuck here. We therefore suggest [prevention of] unnecessary bloodshed.]

{Doubtful, they would have opened fire already, then we would have railed them into nothingness. A bluff or a trick, they don`t have anything to bargain with us. They know we are coming for them.}

[[The Forces of the hierarchy] on this station can not have you get the [strange object you came for]. We therefore demand you to handover the vessel of your puppets, in exchange we offer [the enemy forces] and their [puppets] the chance to live the rest of their natural life in peace on a planet of their choice. Take your time to answer, we have time, we can wait.]
{Hah, no one would ever take that deal. We'd all soon die, and take you with us.}

But all Charlie did was glare, it wasn`t his place to negotiate with it. His head ache from the elevator was being worsened by the machine speaking two languages badly. He wasn`t in any mood for this bug, nor it seem was the Commander, he had ordered it destroyed with the RC bomb.

Charlie caught the detonator.
[Sergeant, use my RC car and blow this big fucking thing with it.]

"Sir, I... uhh... cant. I kind of dropped it in the elevator shaft on the way up, I think it came up with me when Sonidezzi saved me with telekinesis, I'm not quite sure. I took a hard knock, I think it`s still back in that walk way. Given me a moment and I'll get it."

Sonni stepped closer the commander.
< ["Understood Commander... however, you need not waste your limited explosives upon this. If I may?"] >

Charlie hoped she wasn`t going to use any more telekinetic as it seem to be wearing her down slowly. But he already knew she was going to do.

She raised her hand in direction of of the of computer terminal, static began building up throughout the room. Charlie began to feel the energy even in his own skin. The static gathered in such volumes around her hand it began to glow and then could be heard. The arcs increased in size, around her hand. The glow outlined her. It was a terrible sight, yet somehow reassuring.
She shouted at it.
"...Run bugs RUN! We're coming for you and you will FRY by my hand!!"
She chosen then to unleash the lighting, it lanced out and burned and melted the machine into slag. A loud crack and it was over.

She looked weaker momentarily, but she resolved herself and bolstered her strength. It hurt Charlie to see her weaker, but he knew somehow it would hurt her, she would get better, she just was a little tired.

"< ["Where to next Commander Ferox? I would like to assault the Umiak ship directly... to disable their remaining offensive systems so they may not target the Cydonia. I had originally suggested a two flank assault specifically to avoid this situation. My Sorin and I could have been neutralizing the Umiak remaining systems & crew also providing distraction for you to secure the station. But it is - 'wind already blown'. What are your orders?"] >

<< "Sir, we'll be able to cover more ground with or three teams, but we'll be at a disadvantage if we try confront them head on." >>

_________________
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus


Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:06 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 746
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
[OOC: Sorry Guys that it took me so long to continue and thank you for your patience. A few things to keep you up to date: 1.) +5 xp for Charlie and CJ Miller for good roleplaying. 2.) Sunphoenix, I am not sure if we have talked about that regeneration of "EP", so for now the answer is no (a PM is underway as soon as I have finished this post). I will try to post new storyposts over the holidays. Lets go on then!]

Electric arcs danced over the various pieces of equipment in the control room, sparks flew out of some of them, spurts of flame out of some other. The scent of burned electronics could be smelled all over the place and the speakers blare a last message for the humans and loroi assembled there:

[You fools! CHT-CHT-CHT-CHt-Cht-cht-cht-cht-cht...]

The electricity went off after this ans for a brief moment, sudden silence and darkness surrounded them like a thick fog of some sort. But suddenly a strange music could be heard [Link]

[Thats not one of mine, sir...] Corp. Fiore added in sudden disbelieve.

Then strange vibrations could be felt coming from the floor and some of the orange emergency lights came back to life, as well as an all too familiar hologram.
With catears:

[Warning! Stations security compromised! Trying to adapt... Security breach in SHI laboratories! Trying to adapt... Not possible.
Access to critical systems blocked. Reasons: ...unknown...
System status: Lifesupport offline... Emergency reactor: temperature rising and controls offline... Communication: offline... Computer core: instable... Internal sensors: partially offline...
Advice: activate manual override at the Emergency Controllcenter to avoid destruction of the station. Evacuation of the icosahedron to the nearest TCA installation is urgently recommended. Awaiting further orders.]

The hologram ended its little speech by bowing in the direction of the boarding party.


At the meantime, aboard Cydonia:


[Captain? That is strange... the readings of the station suddenly changed... The interference is gone, too. But...] Ensign Anderson reported.

Blake took a sip of his tea and answered: [Hm? But what?]

[Some kind of... energy-field... is surrounding a part of the station, as well as the Umiak ship.]

[Is it similar to the readings you got from the battle involving Argentfire?] the Mizol asked.

[No... this is different... very different. As if everything that is inside is just... gone?! Although I can still see them on visual. And... oh oh...] Anderson replied after checking a few other readings.

[Oh, oh? I don't like the tone of that... What else is going on?] the Captain said and raised his voice.

After a brief moment, Anderson answered with a voice full of fear: [The stations auxiliary reactor, sir... Its gone critical... They might just have 10 minutes or so left...]

[Call them! NOW!]


Back aboard the station:


Finally a call came n from Cydonia over the usual TCA frequencies:

[This is Captain Blake! Sensor readings indicate that the auxiliary reactor is going critical. Try to shut it down as fast as you can and then report back to me! Understood?]

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:17 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 939
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Sonni smiles at the destruction wreaked.

But addresses Commander Ferox, << [ "I know its not really our concern but the 'Enemy' seems very interested in something humanity has discovered/developed here? Commander Ferox have you retrieved any data from the station data systems about this 'icosahedron'? I'm not asking to know humanities secrets but if you do have that data.. I only ask is it a threat to our safely refueling the Cydonia? If you know, is it something you do not desire to fall into enemy hands? As believe me.. the Umiak are your enemy as well! If it is unimportant then I think we now have too split our efforts. I and the rest of the Loroi here are no use in resetting this station's power systems. But that Umiak scout ship is still a serious threat! I'd like to lead a strike team against it directly... as I wanted to do from the start." ] >>

[ P84 ]

No problem Suederwind its cool. So Sonni needs to rest first, that's cool. And it lets everyone else do cool stuff like shoot guns and whatnot.

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:59 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 257
Location: Somewhere in Middle Lane
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Post number: 59

As it burned, Charlie could only muse that it got what deserved.
[You fools! CHT-CHT-CHT-CHt-Cht-cht-cht-cht-cht...]
{Burn scum, burn...}
The lights went out covering everyone in thick gloom. Charlie searched for targets but found nothing. Something strange wafted over the speakers.

The emergency lights returned the light to the room. A harbinger of doom appeared.

{Inoue.}
[Warning! Stations security compromised! Trying to adapt... Security breach in SHI laboratories! Trying to adapt... Not possible.
Access to critical systems blocked. Reasons: ...unknown...
System status: Lifesupport offline... Emergency reactor: temperature rising and controls offline... Communication: offline... Computer core: instable... Internal sensors: partially offline...
Advice: activate manual override at the Emergency Controllcenter to avoid destruction of the station. Evacuation of the icosahedron to the nearest TCA installation is urgently recommended. Awaiting further orders.]
{Thats fair I guess, I tried to kill her and now... shes going to kill me.}

[This is Captain Blake! Sensor readings indicate that the auxiliary reactor is going critical. Try to shut it down as fast as you can and then report back to me! Understood?]

With all the chaos seemingly appearing out of nowhere, Charlie tried to be as calm as possible.
<< "Understood, Sir. We are working on the problem, I'll report in directly as soon as progress has been made." >>

<< [ "I know its not really our concern but the 'Enemy' seems very interested in something humanity has discovered/developed here? Commander Ferox have you retrieved any data from the station data systems about this 'icosahedron'? I'm not asking to know humanities secrets but if you do have that data.. I only ask is it a threat to our safely refueling the Cydonia? If you know, is it something you do not desire to fall into enemy hands? As believe me.. the Umiak are your enemy as well! If it is unimportant then I think we now have too split our efforts. I and the rest of the Loroi here are no use in resetting this station's power systems. But that Umiak scout ship is still a serious threat! I'd like to lead a strike team against it directly... as I wanted to do from the start." ] >>

<< "Icosahedron is a type of geometric shape, I think it`s some-kind of Research Project Code." >>
<< "Commander, this is strange sir. The bug said it could destroy us and the Cydonia easily. Yet, it has opened fire and the best it can come up with is to overload the reactors which will likely destroy it too. I think it was hurt the first time more than it`s letting on. Sonni... Teidar Sonnidezi might be right. They won`t know how to manually open any of the relief valves. We may have to split forces to accomplish both goals. I have some knowledge on Mechanics, I might be of assistance in repairing the reactor valves. It`s up to you to make the call sir." >>
Charlie didn`t really want to move away from Sonni, but if the mission called for it, he would have to.

_________________
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus


Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:31 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 746
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
[OOC: Happy christmas everyone! Just a small update today.

[Icosahedron? Sounds very strange... ] Crp. Fiore said and then looked into the direction of the hologram.

[Hey, you over there. What can you tell us about that "Icosahedron" thing?]

After a short pause, the hologram answered her:

[Information about the Icosahedron is stored inside the SHI database. Acess to those Informations is restricted to SHI research personal and the stations commander. The only aviable information orders to evacuate the artifact in case of an emergency.]

Fiore thought about those words for a moment and then said: [So... We need access to the SHI computers. But... "artifact"? I don't like the sound of that...]

Her words were interrupted by the hologram:

[Warning! Secondary reactor is reaching critical levels in 9 minutes and 30 seconds. Request immidiat reactivation of controlsystems. Remote access to controlsystems is offline. Manual activation is requested due to unknown modifications to the stations systems.]

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:23 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 am
Posts: 164
Location: Poland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
<< [ "I know its not really our concern but the 'Enemy' seems very interested in something humanity has discovered/developed here? Commander Ferox have you retrieved any data from the station data systems about this 'icosahedron'? I'm not asking to know humanities secrets but if you do have that data.. I only ask is it a threat to our safely refueling the Cydonia? If you know, is it something you do not desire to fall into enemy hands? As believe me.. the Umiak are your enemy as well! If it is unimportant then I think we now have too split our efforts. I and the rest of the Loroi here are no use in resetting this station's power systems. But that Umiak scout ship is still a serious threat! I'd like to lead a strike team against it directly... as I wanted to do from the start." ] >>

Hadrid looked at Sonni. [No I did not sparky.] Looking around [Aldridge, Stone to me.]

When all his NCOs get to him.

[Alright, here is a plan.] Bringing a station map. [The overloading reactor is over there. Right behind center block. SO we hit it first, we need to fix it first. Aldridge, your team takes road by Sensors and conference room. My goes will take road by engineering office and Stone's will hold ground at elevators. If one of teams will need backup you move in. Everything clear? Move out!]

POST 57


Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:56 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 939
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Sonni looks on expressionlessly as Commander Ferox gathers his officers, but when they gather and turn their attention to the human commander... her eyes narrow in frustration.

Sanzai to Nelopaio...
Spoiler: show
{"Mallas Nelopaio, I think the human Commander cares nothing for my valid concerns. Even though we Loroi can provide no real assistance to in repairing their primitive station... he refuses to consider allowing us Loroi to deal with the real threat here nor consider the Loroi child the enemy is hold captive! His only concern is this wreak of a installation. We need to deal with that Umiak Scout Ship and its crew before they decide to self-destruct their craft and kill us all! What are YOUR directives Mallas?"}


Her expression remains calm, but her posture is one of restlessness... the Teidar wants to be killing threats... not playing escort to technicians...

[ P85 ]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:27 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 257
Location: Somewhere in Middle Lane
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Post number: 60

Charlie carefully considered the words of Inoue.
[Warning! Secondary reactor is reaching critical levels in 9 minutes and 30 seconds. Request immediate reactivation of control-systems. Remote access to control-systems is offline. Manual activation is requested due to unknown modifications to the stations systems.]
{They may have just used the electronic system to overload the reactor. If the physical systems are undamaged it'll only be a matter of re inserting the control rods for a nuclear reactor or balancing the reaction for a hydrogen reactor. If it`s anything else, I'll need all of that time to try and fix it.}

"Aldridge, Stone to me."
"Sir!"

Charlie moved quickly to the waiting Commander.
"Alright, here is a plan."
The Commander sent an updated map to the HUDs of those present.
"The overloading reactor is over there. Right behind center block. SO we hit it first, we need to fix it first. Aldridge, your team takes road by Sensors and conference room. Mine will take road by engineering office and Stone's will hold ground at elevators. If one of teams will need backup you move in. Everything clear? Move out!"
"Yes, Sir."

Switching to Charlie Squad`s frequency.
<< "We have been tasked with getting to the reactor and halting it from going critical. I've sent all of you the mission map, it`s straight line corridors there." >>

Charlie changed channel to a private channel for Sonni.
<< "Look, I know you might have misgivings about using all our forces to assault the reactor. But just remember that if we get blown up, the Cydonia will be stranded without the fuel stored here. I have orders now, I have to go. After this, I promise I'll do whatever I can to help rescue that kid or help with the alternate if we can`t save her. For now, I have to go fix the reactor." >>

Charlie sent a message to the Commander.
<< "On your word Sir, I'll move out." >>

_________________
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus


Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:24 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 939
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Sonni grimaces slightly at the situation... but when charlie steps close to her to speak in private she looks up into his eyes even though they are both sealed in their vacc-suits and her attention is drawn to his lips...

And a giddy feeling fills her heart... her pulse speeding up a tingly feeling and hungry excitement spreading to her limbs... and loins...

To Charlie the only one close enough to see her reaction and the only one familiar enough with her mannerisms having spent days interacting with Sonni at lunch and their much more private even kisses in hidden corners of the Cydonia - her gaze is annoyed when he first approached her but when he speaks... her manner seems to shift as she gazes up into his eyes with what can only be heartfelt adoration.

She must realize she is fantasizing as she catches herself and straightens her posture looking away.. her blue blood causing a violet tinge of a blush coloring her cheeks.

She replies crisply, << ["It seems we must wait... a bit longer for my.. our opportunity to engage the enemy. But try to remind the Commander that the Umiak will not let themselves be cornered if failure becomes a certainty! They will self-destruct their anti-matter plant and wipe us all out. We Must press them in their ship and secure it or ALL these efforts are a waste!"] >>

{Ancestors! Why is this Human making feel like a youngling with her first male rights!?! How does he DO that too me just by talking! Focus Sezon Teidar! FOCUS! ~ but he is terribly handsome, so tall and strong arms... Grrrr!!! FOCUS!"}

Gesturing to the other Loroi Soroin Sonni moves into position to follow Ser. Aldridge... and 'tries' to keep her mind on staying alert... and not the gait of his bottom as he walks in lead...

[ P86 ]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:37 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 am
Posts: 164
Location: Poland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Giving order to move out Hadrid turned toward his team.

[Alright, I move first, Corporal you after me, Mallas Nelopaio goes after and Ruyter you are last. Let's roll.]

Moving by station corridor was surprisingly swift and soon his team reached entrance to emergency reactor room. Seeing Aldridge's team joining.

[Let's do it by the book. Aldridge your team moves first. You know the drill.] Turning his head to see back his team ready. [On you]

POST 58


Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:24 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 257
Location: Somewhere in Middle Lane
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Post number: 61

Charlie watched as Sonni approached, she had the look of an officer who was about to administer lashings by tongue. His heart lightened considerable upon seeing her visage soften, Charlie must have been looking to hard at Sonni as he noticed a violet tinge of a blush coloring on her cheeks. It took a moment for it to sink in what it was, a much redder color permeated his cheeks almost immediately in response. It definitely wasn`t the time to be thinking anything along those lines, anything that could distract him as thoroughly as that could be fatal. Charlie tried to force away the meandering thoughts, easier said than done. Charlie had done his best to keep the way he felt about her a secret, he'd omitted critical information on the Loroi in the days past from the Captain and others. The AM reactor set to detonate, aspects of the Loroi Telekinesis, if he had told the Captain Doctor Noel may not have been injured by the Loroi prisoner. It always sobered him up, he would be barred from seeing her again or clapped in irons as a traitor. It confused him greatly on the inside, to be so happy around her to felling guilty. He liked her too much to stop caring.
<< ["It seems we must wait... a bit longer for my.. our opportunity to engage the enemy. But try to remind the Commander that the Umiak will not let themselves be cornered if failure becomes a certainty! They will self-destruct their anti-matter plant and wipe us all out. We Must press them in their ship and secure it or ALL these efforts are a waste!"] >>
<< "Don`t worry, he knows the importance of that ship of theirs and I'll remind him. I just know everything is going to come right in the end, we'll save that kid and grind those bugs beneath our boots..." >>
Despite the optimistic nature of his words, he had serious doubts. Could they even help that kid? What would be the cost of assaulting that ship? Even with these heavy thoughts Charlie was just happy to be around her.
<< "...it doesn`t really matter now anyway, it`s a bridge we'll cross when we get there. We have a job to do, lets get moving. Faster we finish, faster we can go after the bugs." >>

The lack of any resistance on the way to the reactor spooked Charlie.
"Let's do it by the book. Aldridge your team moves first. You know the drill."
"On you"
"Aye, sir."
Charlie sent a privately to Sonni.
"I don`t like this, it`s just too easy. It smells like a trap to me. I hope we won`t need it, but be ready with that shield of yours. And uhh... stay safe."

Charlie readied a Flashbang. They were running out of time, the reactor fix could take long or be harder than first thought. They needed all the time they could get, but an explosive grenade could damage the internals of the reactor control system.

Starting with a slow count.
3...
2...
1...

_________________
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus


Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:41 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 939
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Sonni moved to cover the door merely looking at her Soroin and they were in motion no apparent words spoken each taking position as a well-training machine.

Sonnidezzi took up a position some 2 meters back from the door the to room and the air before her crackled into life as she erected that shimmering Telekinetic/Electrokinetic shield of arcing lightning and shimmering air sprung into existence. The energy barrier casts an eerie green-white glow about the hallway as the field moved to position itself less than a meter from the door to cover any exploding should the door be rigged from the inside to blow on opening.

The shapely petite armored Teidar crouched down and shouldered the Terran Gauss Assault Rifle, thumbing on the select-fire to 3-round bursts - covering the door seemingly not worried about the flashbang grenade {as her field would block any such glare}...

Soroin Yellow-Sun and Soroin Cloud-Song took up position behind their crouching Teider aiming their blaster rifles to cover the door entrance... ready to unleash death on any threats within the room identified.. also protected from the flash of the grenade by the glowing arcing energy screen.

Sorion Ashe-Eyes moved to the left of the door Blaster pistol in hand and turned slightly away from the entrance expecting the flash-bang grenade detonation. Soroin Leaping-Flame took up the same position opposite her in similar fashion on the right side of the door.

Use: Environmental Influence: Electricity = Lvl 1, 1 Environment - Electricity; +Area/2 '5' [100m r], Range/2 [100m]
+ w/Amplifier: Environmental Influence = +Lvl 1 {Lvl 2}, +1 Environments {Light} = Cost 1pt/min
* Control Light to dampen the flash to those on her side of the Force Field

Use: ”Electro-Static / Telekinetic Shield” Force Field Detectible: sight 'arcing lightning'/smell 'ozone' -1] = Lvl 3, 12pts Armor Rating, Regenerating, Air-Tight, Area/1 [1m radius] = Cost 1pt/min
* Position Force Field to be able to protect any standing in front of the door

Total Cost: 2EP {Environmental Influence, Force Field} / Current Energy: 18

{OPPS! Sorry.. hope you were not all waiting on a reply from me? Sorry if you were!}
[ P87 ]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:00 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 746
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
[OOC: This was written by CJ Miller and Me, sorry for the delay.]

Malidasaria hears a loud, indescribable noise in her radio and then, suddenly, the cold and artificial voice of the enemy again makes itself known:

"[Forces of the Hierarchy] finding it necessary/appropriate to engage in communication contact [the Opposing Force] partially known and partially unknown to us to demand the identities and contents of those data items that they presently archive/set aside and to remind that they are late for the end of what they call lives as [the Object in Question] known to us rends itself asunder about them in a violent and fitting manner that which is known as [Tiktikki-Hat-87-Haktik] presently reminds them that while their time ended before it began ours is infinite/endless therefore regardless of the answer given/made by [the Black Widow] known to us [the Hierarchy] shall simply disregard them and continue to fulfil its manifest destiny..."

The raven-haired Mizol refused to budge, her face remaining stoic and her voice emotionless.

"This place is none of your business, shell, and you had best make yourself scarce before we crush you like the bugs you are."

"The playground of [the Opposing Force] partially known and partially unknown to us and what they want to achieve is important to [the Hierarchy] and the pitiful insults of [the Blue Vixens] are of no meaning to us as we had time to prepare us for your arrival and the outcome of our strife here is therefore already decided meaning that every move of [the Opposing Force] partially known and partially unknown to us will only result in meaningless bloodboil in outer space [The Opposing Force] partially known and partially unknown to us will for sure have noticed that we have the ability to blind and attack them from afar and the advantage of [the Blue Witches] is now their greatest weakness additionally we also posses [the Object in Question] which is of no doubt why [the Opposing Force] partially known and partially unknown to us are here however we still are not able to understand what [the Opposing Force] partially known and partially unknown to us want to achieve with the previously unknown [Race of Puppets] that they surely made themselves as their appearance revealed it to us easily but the reasons for doing that are unknown to [the Hierarchy] and is hidden from us as our presence here was hidden from [the Witches]..."

The eerie voice of the Umiak paused for a brief moment, and then resumed its diatribe:

"But [the Forces of the Hierarchy] have to congratulate you for the playthings you have created as the proofed to be much more stubborn than we had thought a creation of [the Enemy] could be and we are sure that their [Conquest] will be entertaining and beneficial for [the Hierarchy] and a further milestone on the downfall of [the Opposing Forces] as you did not give [the Puppets] useful weapons against us and even withheld any information on us if [the Blue Witches] thought that they could aid them in their struggle they were wrong but [the Enemy Leader] could at least reveal [the Reason] for this to us as any resistance to our shortly arriving forces is futile and will end in destruction of [the Enemy] and his playthings..."

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:42 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 746
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
[OOC: So this is the ad-hoc "in-between" post. I hope thats okay. As we didn't have that in a long time, some music for you: Link]

Meanwhile aboard Cydonia:

[How is the status of the reactor, Ensign?] the Captain asked.

Anderson just starred at the readings of her station for a moment, turned around on her chair and answered: [No Sir, not yet. But they still have 8 minutes left, and Sir...]

The Captain pushed a button on his console while Anderson was still speaking and reopened the last channel used: [Cydonia to Ferox: you need to hurry!]

[Sir!] the Ensign continued: [There is more: that energy-field... it changed.]

[Changed? In what way?] the dark haired Mizol asked sharply.

[Well... it "focused" on a central area, right in the middle of deck 6 of the station...]

[Not only the energy-field...]

[OOC: I roll the usual d20 of doom (trademark still pending) on what she notices telepathically: 1= almost everything, 2-10 = many things, 11-19 a few things, 20= (almost) nothing.] 1d20=10

[...that telepathic disturbance has weakened. Not enough to tell how many Umiak or other lifeforms are there in total at the station and the sanzai of my sisters there will still be useless. I can't detect whats going on in the middle of the station, I assume thats were the energy-field is, but I can detect movements... going upwards from there... to where your soldiers and my sisters are.]

[Ferox, did you listen?] the Captain asked, as the channel was still open.


Meanwhile aboard the station, the Loroi there receive a very weak sensai

Spoiler: show
{They are on their way... Can no longer hide you... The masters are very cross with you... Run away! Hide!}

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:03 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 746
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
[OOC: Okay, so its time to start a new scene. I hope this might start the game anew and its okay to start it slow. Some fitting music for your pleasure: Link]

Crp. Fiore had just finished helping Cmdr. Ferox and the others repairing the reactor. She couldn't help but to sigh of relive as the indicators on the reactor controls turned back to normal.
Just in time, the eerie computer voice announced: [44 sec, 43 sec, 42 sec... All systems back to normal.]

It appeared that the Umiak had tried to "improve" the Reactor for whatever reasons. Luckily there were enough spare parts nearby to repair the damage in time.
It was a good thing that a lot in that station was build in modules that could be swapped easily. According to that motormouth of a hologram those were some of the SHI improvements tested on that station for the TCA.

She looked around and looked what the others were doing. Her eyes somehow couldn't look away from that station securityguard, talking to the hologram.
[What a strange sight... talking to her like she was real...]

Then she turned her attention to the Cmdr. and reported:
[Sir, I think we are done here. What should we do now?]

Before he could answer, a strange and unfamiliar female voice could be heard out of her com unit:

[Fi-Ore? Are there... others... of humanity still on this deck?]

It must have been the voice of Sorion Ashe-Eyes, standing guard at the door, pointing her rifle at the surrounding darkness and her face looked more grim than usual.

[What do you mean?]

[OOC: please roll a perception check to know more.]

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:13 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:32 am
Posts: 37
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
His condition was starting to take its toll on him. All the things that had happen; message from the roach, the commanders orders. All were like a blurr. But he managed to stumble forward, instinctively following the squad, doinh what was needed from him.

what went on right now he wasn't really sure. Apparantly the reactor had gone haywire. But now fixed. In a small moment of clarity he had seen Inoue pop up again.
Something with her wasn't right. Last time he saw her she still thought Grand was still alive. And her activating the life pod system, the telling him she was sorry. They must have tampered with her core somehow. That amplified his resolve.
«"Inoue... What have they done to you? You are not acting like your normal self. You feeling OK?"»

If they were to scuttle the station, somehow he will be bringing her with him. She wi
ll not be left to die alone.
Strange sentiment for an AI. But he was a broken man. He had nothing personal except the friendship she had started with him.


Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:10 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 939
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Sonnidezzi brooded angrily as all the Loroi did was wait, and Wait, and WAIT...! She was NOT pleased waiting around letting the Umiak act unhindered .. they should be assaulting the Scout ship instead of doing Nothing here waiting for the humans to repair their primitive junk! Of course the Umiak would try to make it more useful to any modern power systems... clearly a loosing proposition!

Even with the Sanzai static from the interference ALL the present Loroi could feel the building RAGE within Stormrage.. she was about fed up with being held back by the little-minded human commander ...

At Ashe-Eyes query Sonnidezzi stalks over without a word eager for something to shoot, crush, mangle or otherwise kill.. to get on with dealing with the REAL foes!

Blaster pistol in hand Sonni moves over to the door and quick glances through the opening...

Perception = 2d6 + 5 + 1 → [3,5,5,1] = (14)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/1397338
* Modifiers = {+5} Mind, {+1} Heightened Awareness

[ P88 ]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:11 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 am
Posts: 164
Location: Poland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
[Ferox, did you listen?] the Captain asked, as the channel was still open.

[Yes, sir] Hadrid answered looking around.

roll:
Perception = 2d6 + 5 = 6 + 5 = 11

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4433005/

POST 59


Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:51 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 257
Location: Somewhere in Middle Lane
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Post number: 62

There hadn`t been any resistance in the Reactor Room, the bugs had tried to delay repairs with meaningless words. Charlie had paid them much heed. He, along with the Commander and Corporal Fiore had managed to affect repairs to a reasonable level. The melt down point hadn`t been reached, the reactor might need a real service but it wasn`t going to explode any time soon.

The SHI Security Guard spoke to Inoue.
«"Inoue... What have they done to you? You are not acting like your normal self. You feeling OK?"»
Charlie was surprised he was still moving, he can`t be too healthy right now. It might be the suit keeping him going, or it could be he has a strong character. Regardless he might need more medicine soon-ish.

Charlie could tell by Sonni`s posture that she was upset, doubtless at the bugs in general. He stoped looking at her to hear the voice over the radio. He heard a female voice he hadn`t heard much before. His HUD registered it as the voice of Ashe-Eyes [Sorion]
[Fi-Ore? Are there... others... of humanity still on this deck?]

"Whats this about?"
2d6+7 → [1,6,7] = (14)

_________________
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus


Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:58 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 746
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
[OOC: I'll try to keep things going. And some (hopefully) fitting music: Link]

«"Inoue... What have they done to you? You are not acting like your normal self. You feeling OK?"»

The hologram starred at the survivor and it looked as if it (or she) was unsure what to answer on those question. It took the AI a moment to answer with sorrowful eyes:

[Datacore: manipulation detected. Extent unknown... Stations security is corrupted... Commander Grant... is dead...]

Then the hologram fell down to her knees and added: [I have failed, Torleif...]


Meanwhile:

Lt. Cmdr Ferox looked into the dark void that once was one of the stations corridors, but all he could see was darkness. The Loroi guard at the door seem to have the same problem, however she looked as concerned as he had ever seen one of them.


A brief moment later:

Crp. Fiore walked to the Loroi at the door who talked to her and was unsure what to answer at first, but then replied:

[I am not sure if there are other survivors. Why are you asking?]

She looked at the others, standing there, namely Charlie, Ferox and Sonnidezzi. Then she knew what she meant and from the look on their faces, she wasn't the only one hearing it: A series of strange noises, as if metal was scratching on metal, taps like the ones that walking sticks make on the floor, but much more rapid. The noises were distant but she could easily tell, that they were coming closer and that it was only a matter of time before they would reach them.

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:57 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:32 am
Posts: 37
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
[I have failed, Torleif...]
Right on que to those words, he felt his strength wane, vision getting cloudy.

He painfully turned towards his squadleader, Steen. Then he dropped for the second time since his new colleagues first found him. But this time he didn't say anything as he fell. The only thing alerting the rest was the heavy clank and thump from the impact on the steel floor.
He was walking on borrowed time. Looks like this is as far as field dressing will take him.

{I wonder if I get to board the Cydonia, and then look at these ladies without combat gear...} And he was once again in the land of dreams.



[OOC: There is a limit to how far a broken body can keep going. Hopefully he will come to. To make it more exciting, maybe Suederwind will roll and see if he wakes up, gets juiced up again from the armor? Only the GM can tell :twisted: ]


Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:01 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 939
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Sonni's brow furrows in concentration... her eyes glancing briefly at the slumping form of torleif.

Across the battlenet, << ["We have tarried too long. The enemy has seized the initiative and approaches to assault our position. They are tenacious but not very creative."] >>

Turning to Charlie, << ["Sergeant Aldridge... do you still possess that remote four wheeled explosive drone? Arm it and ready its remote detonator... I'll position it down the hall before the enemy spots us.. then once they are fully in the hall we'll detonate it.. or I will if you prefer."] >>

Addressing the entire force... and apparently already having done so to the Loroi who all begin finding hard cover behind solid machinery... << ["The Umiak use hyper-velocity neuro-toxin poisoned Very rapid fire Gauss-needler weaponry. VERY High penetration... get behind solid cover. I'm not sure if any of your ...human machines are solid enough to provide proper cover... but some is better than none."] >>

Looking over at Crp. Fiore, << ["Have Torlief moved out of the line of fire from the door if he has any support weaponry on that powered exo-skeleton.. make sure someone is manning it, we'll need all our available firepower to endure a Umiak charge. Its not something to be taken lightly.. they have no fear of losses! I wanted to not be in a position to be assaulted like this... Umiak are Very dangerous on assault..but can be easily startled if attacked when they are not expecting attack. But nothing more for it now."] >>

Sonni moves to the side of the door out of the line of fire Readying the TCA Assault Rifle to her shoulder... switching it to select full auto...

[P 89]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:24 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 939
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
{Ahem}!

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:17 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 746
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
{First: We are already 25 pages in. Wow! :shock: Anyway, this is the first new post in a while and a new chapter as well: Chapter 3.
Cydonia has refueled, managed to get two survivors aboard, as well as this icosahedron artifact with some encryptedd SHI reaserch and some umiak things. More on those later on in the story. Cydonia has left the station a day ago and is now on her way to the next jumpzone and will arrive there in 3 days. Edit: Just some minor corrections. - Edit2: Should be much easier to read now.}




Dr. Murakami sat in his office, still working on his report of the latest events. A day has passed since they left that cursed station and all the strange things they had encountered there. Some of the crew told him, that they had found a strange artifact there and killed some of those Umiak. He had seen nothing of their remains or of this artifact and the mood of most of the crew was down to an all new low. Their victory over that enemy ship was no reason for the officers or the rest of the crew to celebrate. There were a few injured crewmen or Loroi sisters after the attack on that station, but nothing serious that would bring the mood of everyone down. But then there were those two things they brought down in his infarmery. That lone survivor of that station, called Thorleif and "it".
And the later was the reason why he sat there, staring at his computerscreen, trying to write down what he had found out about "it". While he was a student, he had read about human experiments: the Nazi conzentration camps and Dr. Mengele, MKULTRA, the augmentation experiments on Mars, just to name a few. Just thinking about that send a shiver down his spine. But all those terrible, inhuman things were nothing, compared to what had been done to "it". 
Yes, "it" was a Loroi, a little girl to be more precise. Maybe 1,20m tall, very skinny and appeared physically very weak. Her skin was almost white, almost like porcelain, and her long hair looked like thiny fibres made of silver. The eyes of her looked white, too, with a little trace of blue. There was no doubt to him, that "it" was blind since birth.
While no one had come to visite that lone survivor, nurse Costello had spend a lot of time at the side of "it", patting her head, holding her hand and so on. None of the other Loroi had visited or examinded that girl or set foot in his infarmery, since she was here. Maybe they didn`t like look of her? Those connectors for various implants that were put into her sure were a disturbing sight. Even more so, when you understood the reason behind them. Tubes to her stomach eliminated the need to feed her, what seems to be nanoelectrodes deep inside her head hold her under control and tubes connected to her vains allowed the quick injection of various drugs. In short: they had turned that little girl into a part for their machines. Reduced a person to a simple tool. Made her into a weapon, a "it" as the Loroi called her instead of "her" or a propper name... That thought allone made him feel sick. Who or what would do that to a person, a child? How much must these Umiak hate the Loroi to be able to do that?

He stood up from his desk and went to get one of his bottles out of his hidden stash. He needed that now. Not much, just a sip. There it was, hidden behind various medicalsupply containers, a fine bottle of sake, he hat intended to keep until the last day of their mission, but that was just too much to take for him. Then he stopped, as he noticed that he was not alone in the infarmery. Costello went to bed an hour ago, but who else could it be, standing there, at the side of "it"? Without a further thought, he walked closer and realized that it was Captain Blake standing there. His face almost as white as a towel, he just stood there and stared at the little one.

["A terrible sight, isn`t it?], he said to the Captain.
He looked up and turned to him, as if he had just awoken from a dream and replied: ["Yes... just how could someone do this... to a child?"]
["I don`t know. Hatred, maybe? We have seen how powerfull their telepathic skills can be, Jeremiah..."]
["Thats true..."] and after a short pause Blake added ["Could you get something out of her? A name, maybe?"]
The good Doctor crossed his arms in front of him and answered ["Not much... it took a large dose of tranquilizers to get her to sleep. Before that she just screamed, and tried to bite or otherwise attack anyone who would get closer to her. We had to secure her hands and feet on the stretcher to prevent that."]
["Some of those marines told me, that our presence scares her..."]
["Thats no surprise, from what I can tell. I am no expert on Loroi anatomy, but she appears to be blind. She can not sense us with her telepathy as well. There was, however one thing she mumbled in her sleep, as Costello told me."]
["What would that be?"]
["Just one word: sisto. Thats "Snow" in trade."]
["Is that it? Her name, I mean? Calling her "it" or "child" sounds so wrong to me."]
["It would at least be fitting and I have no clue why those Loroi call her "it" or avoid her in the first place. Anyway, judging from your face, you are having a hart time, too."]
The Captain looked down again, closed his eyes. ["She... reminds me of my niece, after that accident... you know? The way she lies there on that stretcher..."]
Murakami knew that this was something the Captain usually doesn`t talk about, his soft spot, if you will. But he himself had lost much more than just a niece in a tragedy and could therefore understand him all too well.
["Look... it wasn`t your fault. Don`t do this to yourself. It won't bring her back."]
["I know, I know... It's just..."]
["...hard for you. I know. But, I think I might just have the right medicine for that."] Having said that, he went to his desk and came back with two glasses full of sake.
Taking his glas, Blake added: ["Strong one, I guess?"]
["Very..."] the good Doctor replied with a smile.
As they had finished their glasses, the good doctor was the first who could speak again:
["Now I remember why I put this bottle aside... But, back to our little guest here: don`t you think it would be best, if on of our friends would take a look at her?"]
Snows head moved a bit and a faint mumbling could be heard. The doctor added:
["Those tranquilizers should wear of in a short while. I could give her more, but I am not sure if thats a good idea. We don't know how much of that stuff is dangerous for her, especially in that state."]
["No... don't. Those Loroi may avoid her like the plaque, nevertheless I asked that Mizol to send one of her sisters down here. Haddrid should accompany her and they should be here any minute now."]
["Good."] was all the Doctor said to this and then he and the Captain stood there and watched as Snow was moving in her sleep.
["But... you know... Will he not be pissed, having to leave all those new "treasurs" in engeneering?"] Murakami spoke his mind.
["Yeah..."] the Captain replied and just a moment later, the door to the infarmery opened and Ferox entered the room with Stormrage.

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Last edited by Suederwind on Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:19 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.