Reply to topic  [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC] 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 939
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
OOC: WHEEE! Back in the saddle again... ready for a roller coaster ride?!? Here goes!

Teidar Sezon Sonnidezi 'Stormrage' entered the medical bay... the pretty proud loroi woman was a controversial figure both among the humans and her loroi crewsisters as the now OBVIOUS romantic relationship with the human marine - Sergeant Charles ''Charlie'' Aldridge was the talk of the ship along with many other provocative oddities about the fiery-tempered sensuous Loroi Teidar 'warrior-woman'.

Image

But none of that was evident right now... as she walked in eyes lowered her demeanor one of deep sadness... almost shame. If Dr. Murakami or Captain Blake would have seen the same expression on a human woman.. they would have been sure she was close to tears and was only barely holding it in. Sonni's usual step of absolute confidence and mastery of all things was gone.. she moved like she was a pall-bearer in a funeral. She had even.. totally uncharacteristically agreed to leave her blaster pistol sidearm with her Mizol... at Dr. Murakami's request in the Medical bay area.

Sonni only took a deep breath before walking in and meeting Captain Blake's eyes... no mistaking the pained look there, her voice was soft and strained, "...show me to i~... 'the child'..."

The slender woman was a beauty to behold even in the clear emotional distress she was in. Her fragrant short blonde hair with its twin braids that framed the side of her face, her cool blue skin tone, and shapely figure as she moved with a grace of a Olympic dancer as she was directed to 'Snow's' side on the medical bed. The air of the medical bay was subtly filled with the scent of her ...bringing the thought fresh sea water air to mind, not unpleasant.. just unexpected.

For a few moments she stood beside the bed gazing down at the child her expression one of pain.

Softly she asked, "..has.. 'she' spoken anything at all?"

[P90; +1xp]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Last edited by sunphoenix on Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 am
Posts: 164
Location: Poland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Lt Cmdr Hadrid Ferox
Hadrid had rough time compelling everything what happened since boarding that cursed station. Fights in corridors, umiaks and their experiments . He could even acknowledge loroi skills and determination.

Meanwhile his duties Hadrid spent much of his free time in cargobay trying to get as much information about alien technology as possible.

--------------

Hadrid entered the medbay along Teidar Sezon Sonnidezi 'Stormrage' who he nicknamed 'SPARKY' for hers electricity skills. He didn't break a word with the girl, no need for screwing the situation more. Following the Captain and good Doctor they reached the bed of young mutilated loroi.

"...show me to i~... 'the child'..."

What kind of monster would do that to a child. How is she doc? - Hadrid said turning his head from Snow to Dr. Murakami


Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:29 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 746
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
In Cydonias mess hall:

Its been a while now, since they had left the station, but ever since they had come back aboard, Mizol Parat Twilightsaber hadn't moved away from that spot on the mess hall, she stood now. Right in front of one of the windows of the recreation area she had spent the entire time looking outside. Right into the black void, filled with stars. The things happened on that station were still haunting her. Yes, she was an expierienced and well trained member of the Mizol cast, but that was something else.
As her sisters and the human marines had cleared the station, she came over, trying to find out what had happened. Thats was the first time she saw "it".
The situation was tense, as those humans must have some kind of instinct to protect their children, as the Loroi do with their male. For them she was just a frightened child, tortured and experimented with. The enemy had connected her to some kind of machine and Twilightsaber was sure that this was the source of their telepathic troubles. The sight was indeed disturbing, tubes runing in and out of her body, various crude implants forced into her body, scares and marks all over her skin. Judging from her appearance she could have been no older than 3 or 4 years old and she looked as if she was reduced to a skeleton. Some of the humans had already disconnected her from some of the cables and tubes running in and out her, which was a good thing, because she was scared to death. Screaming and repeating one thing on sanzai over and over again "Save me from the melor!". She then noticed that "it" was blind, so she could neighter see, nor sense the humans around her. Such a child would have no place in Loroi society and would have been taken care of. Often by Mizols like her. The humans, however did not understand how dangerous she was. She could feeld that her telepathic powers were strong, maybe even on the level of a farseer and someone this powerfull and unstable can't walk around. Someone like this must be disposed off. But the humans wouldn't allow that.
She hadn't heard that word "melor" for a long, long time. Back when she was a very young child, the caregivers would tell such stories to the children and observe how they reacted to it. A usefull procedure to find out who was would be able to be a warrior and who not. Most loroi in her age would just laugh about such stories, they would know that such things don't exist. She was too young to be taken prisoner on one of the conquered colonies and that could only mean that the enemy must have taken prisoners with them. Maybe even breed them like cattle now.
This were the thoughts running around in her head, when she suddenly remembered one of her first missions: investigate what happened on Seren under the occupation. Thats when something snapped in here. As a Mizol she was allways in controll, of herself and others. Not this time.
She unleashed her full hatred, rage and anger on that machine. Crushing it to pieces with her mind, pulling out parts with her hands. Somehow she managed to pull "it" out of this thing and in the moment as she was focusing her mind on "it", ready to kill her, something hit her, hard. She doesn't know if one of the human marines punched her right in her face or if one of her sisters tried to stop her somehow. She just remebers coming to herself while lying on the floor, surrounded by humans who yelled at her, sisters trying to come to her aid, the turmoil... It didn't mater. Right now "it" was alive and dangerous. She only managed to convice the human captain to destroy this machine the shells kept the child in. A crude, perverted mixture of a psi amplifier and some kind of conditioning device. She couldn't allow such technology in the hands of someone else.
But, this didn't solve her two Problems who to improve the relations to the humans again and what to do with "it".
At this moment, she sensed two sisters approaching her: Mizol Losat Malidasaria and Soroin Mallas Nelopaio. Not sure what what they would want from her, she turned around...


Meanwhile in Cydonias infirmary:

Captain Blake and the good Doctor watched as the two entered the room, the Loroi Teidar looking kind of deppressed and sad, while Feroxs face showed that he was worried, even if the child was not part of Cydonias crew.
Sonnidezis eyes and those of Blake met for a moment and she said:
["...show me to i~... 'the child'..."]
He wasn't sure what to make out of this. He was sure that those Loroi would avoid this kid for a reason, yet seeing on of them obviously sad was unexpected to him. He looked at the Doctor and nodded, ["As you which, Captain. This way, ma'am..."] and walked closer to the stretcher with her.
The Teidar could see that the humans had fasten her arms and legs to the stretcher, as well as put a blanket over her. An infusion was connected to on of her wrists and she strated to notice the implants that the shells had put into almost every part of her body, especially in her head. She looked weak and very skinny, her skin was so very pale that it looked almost white to her.
["Look"] the Dotor tried to break the silence with the sad Teidar, ["I am not an expert on the anatomy or biology of your kind. If she were a human, I would say she would be around 7-8 years old. Her eyes seem to suffer from some kind of abnormality, so she can't see. We had to secure her, as she attacked my staff and gave her sedatives to calm her. But don't worry, we only give her a saline solution at the moment. She will wake up soon and will need the help of your kind."]
As he said this, the child moved her head around, still asleep and mumbled something.
["..has.. 'she' spoken anything at all?", Sonnidezi asked him.]
["Well... one of the nurses tried to comfort her and she said one word while asleep: Snow. I have no idea why."]
Standing close to "it", she could sense a weak sansai koming from her:
Repeating the same word, over and over again.
["Hm... she seems to be more active, since you are in the room..."] Murakami said to her and she cold see that the child was somehow trying to move away from her while still sleeping.
At the same time, Hadrid turned up next to them.
["What kind of monster would do that to a child. How is she doc?"]
["I have no idea. If she was a human, I would say that some of those implants are connected to areas of her brain, to stimulate feelings like pain or happines. Like she was conditioned to do certain things, to controll her. Other implants have replaced areas that have no or little function in a human brain. Those parts seems to have been replaced surgically, but I don't know what they would do in the brain of a Loroi or what those implants do now. However, I can only tell you that she is not well, thats for sure."]
After a pause he looked at the Teidar and added: ["Ma'am, is there something that you... feel somehow? Can you tell me, what she is? I only know that she hasn't seen light in a very long time. Or does anyone of you have a suggestion what to do with her? I might repeat myself here, but she will wake up soon..."]
Looking into the faces of everyone in the room, the good Doctor waited for an answer.

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:52 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:28 pm
Posts: 657
Location: Central Florida
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
26

Malidasaria approaches Beganenzit, a feeling of worry for her fellow mizol flowing from her mind.

_________________
Hoenn


Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:31 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 939
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Suederwind wrote:
Meanwhile in Cydonias infirmary:
["Look"] the Doctor tried to break the silence with the sad Teidar, ["I am not an expert on the anatomy or biology of your kind. If she were a human, I would say she would be around 7-8 years old. Her eyes seem to suffer from some kind of abnormality, so she can't see. We had to secure her, as she attacked my staff and gave her sedatives to calm her. But don't worry, we only give her a saline solution at the moment. She will wake up soon and will need the help of your kind."]


Sonni, replies her voice a whisper; clearly she does not want to wake the child immediately, "...she seems more likely, if I'm getting the time periods correct in your time measurements to ours, little more than 2 or three 3 old. We Loroi mature much faster than Humaniti.. its a racial warrior-breed trait... I myself am 19 years old in your terms. Even though we Loroi can live centuries in your terms the war with the enemy has had a high attrition rate. If this... 'child' is this young... it means the Umiak have only recently 'relatively-speaking' done this to her... meaning likely from birth. Those implications are even more disturbing..."

As he said this, the child moved her head around, still asleep and mumbled something.

Suederwind wrote:
["Well... one of the nurses tried to comfort her and she said one word while asleep: Snow. I have no idea why."]
Standing close to "it", she could sense a weak sansai koming from her:
Repeating the same word, over and over again.
["Hm... she seems to be more active, since you are in the room..."]

Murakami said to her and she cold see that the child was somehow trying to move away from her while still sleeping.


Sonni pondered the implications again whispering a reply, ".. Snow..'White'... I assume 'she' spoke in Trade? That is useful to know the enemy taught... 'her' at least that, perhaps even ...gave her a name? Yes.. 'Snow-White' can sense my presence... you are all frightening her; she cannot 'see' you and likely she has had little need to use her ears or speak with all those cyber-implants in her body interfacing with her masters only through their machine-cyber links. 'Snow-White' probably feels most of her 'body'; the ship the enemy installed her on is missing. So all of this would seem is likely very confusing to her - sound, touch... movement and blindness from any of her ship's sensor cyber-inputs."

Suederwind wrote:
At the same time, Hadrid turned up next to them.
["What kind of monster would do that to a child. How is she doc?"]
["I have no idea. If she was a human, I would say that some of those implants are connected to areas of her brain, to stimulate feelings like pain or happiness. Like she was conditioned to do certain things, to control her. Other implants have replaced areas that have no or little function in a human brain. Those parts seems to have been replaced surgically, but I don't know what they would do in the brain of a Loroi or what those implants do now. However, I can only tell you that she is not well, that's for sure."]


"Not monsters... Umiak!"

Sonni turns to look at each of the humans present calming her voice back to a whisper, "The Umiak do not see individual beings, they see biological 'Units' valued only for their productive capacities. How much in labor or accountable 'work' one can do for their societal growth and resource needs.. which are always growing! The individual 'you' do not matter ..only what you can produce for their needs. They seek to impose an 'Order' to the galaxy that suits their expansionist goals on ALL sentients of the galaxy. And once the 'Units'/Planet has produced all they can take.. they discard the world they have stripped of resources to find the next, taking only the resources or useful 'Units' of the population that can still produce for their needs. THIS is what they do.. they consider it 'control' and efficient 'order'. We Loroi will not be controlled or 'Ordered' and this...", gesturing at 'Snow-White', "..is their only answer to trying to employ Loroi 'Units' in their society! The Enemy do not see this as the tyranny it is.. they do not 'feel'... they calculate probabilities and production rates. I suppose in some fashion they believe they are 'gifting' each sentient with a purpose and place in the machine of their society. They do not 'hate' they just evaluate usefulness and valuable traits in 'Units' they encounter... then quite without any consideration of that species decide how best to employ those 'Units' to service their view of 'Order'. They would do the same to Humaniti if it proved the most 'cost-effective' way to put your race to use in their manufacturing or societal needs."

Suederwind wrote:
After a pause he looked at the Teidar and added: ["Ma'am, is there something that you... feel somehow? Can you tell me, what she is? I only know that she hasn't seen light in a very long time. Or does anyone of you have a suggestion what to do with her? I might repeat myself here, but she will wake up soon..."]
Looking into the faces of everyone in the room, the good Doctor waited for an answer.


Sonnidezi sighs... a human mannerism she had picked up of late...

"I... most Loroi would not consider this... 'being'... 'Snow-White' a person at all. She has not been raised by a cadre or part of a caste... likely has no personality to speak of as clearly from birth she has been little more than a 'tool' of the enemy. My Mizol would likely counsel ending her existence as a mercy and an efficient denial of a dangerous asset to the Enemy. But... I feel whatever the Enemy has done...considering 'Snow-White's' age.. likely she is not the only child that has been.. maimed like this. We cannot control what the enemy has done.. but we can determine what we will do. This child needs our care and patience. I was the first to...'communicate' with 'Snow-White' when she contacted me before we arrived at the station. Her... abilities are powerful... I will do what I can for her... for 'Snow-White'. Please, keep your voices to a whisper... when I communicate with her... I'll repeat in trade so you can hear... "

... ...

Sonni steps to the side of "Snow-White's" bed and looks at her... opening her mind...

Throughout the ship the Loroi sense Sonnidezzi lowering her own mental shields and touch the mind of 'Snow-White'... hearing all of Sonnidezzi's communication with the child...

She speaks in trade while she Sanzai's....

{"Hello, 'Snow-White'... do you remember me? I am Sonnidezzi, Stormrage; you spoke with me before, be not afraid little one.. you feel different you have been moved from where your masters held you.. they are gone and will Never 'punish' you again. I am protecting you. You hear my voice and other communication as well distorted communication.. that is sound..your ears are hearing vibrations in the air.. not the hum of the machines you are use to. I'm going to 'touch' you make physical contact so you know this is true and not a test by the masters..."}

With that Sonnidezzi rests a hand gently upon 'Snow-White's' face touching her cheek ...tenderly.

To the Loroi onboard the Cydonia; Sonnidezzi has opened her mind to 'Snow-White' and emotions of her mind begin flooding in felt through the web of Sanzai by all...

She continues, {"There. I'm right here beside you little one, touching your cheek. No one will punish you again. I'm going to touch your mind and link our minds... allowing you into my surface thoughts. You have what are called eyes... they provide you with visual pictures..you may be more familiar with the data you received from the master's machines.. from your ship... this is similar, but your eyes are not functioning properly.. it may be temporary but we are not sure... I'm going to show you your surroundings... through my eyes."}

{Unspoken Sanzai} Loroi & Snow-White -
Spoiler: show
{There are beings here that are not the masters.. their minds are Lotai 'Untouchable'.. they are the source of the distorted sounds you are hearing.. you cannot sense their minds any more than I can.. they are not capable of Sanzai.. the way we are communicating. They are Humans, another species different from you and me~ you are Loroi like me. Your 'masters' were Umiak a different species, they had possession of you from birth~ we Loroi did not know because the Umiak are our and... your enemies. I'm sorry the Umiak the 'masters' hurt you so much. The humans are not going to hurt you, they are just as concerned for your safety~ we both; ALL of us want to help you. The other minds you sense are Loroi they have sent me to help you to understand.}


With that Sonni links her mind with Snow-White, sending her visual senses directly to the child's mind as she gazes about the room....

[P91]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:11 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 746
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
{A smaller update for Twilightsaber, as her part was a bit undeveloped. Again, I hope this won't turn out too dark or sad in mood. The next part for the infarmery will be another post. There will be a lot of infos dropped into it and I might splitt it in two.}

Malidasaria approaches Beganenzit, a feeling of worry for her fellow mizol flowing from her mind.

Twilightsaber noticed Malidasarias worries about her as she and Neliopaio approached. An emotion she hadn't noticed in her sisters since they started their trip. She then turned around to face them and started to sanzai a private message to them:
{Sisters... Those worries touches me, but I can assure you... You do not need to worry about me. That "thing" the humans took aboard their ship is much more dangerous and a bigger reason for concern to all of us than I ever might be.}
She paused for a moment, to let her sisters think about that, then she continued:
{I do not need to explaine my behavior to you, but I think it will help you better understand our situation. At least a little bit...}

After this, she started to remember things, about them time when she was a young Mizol, about her first time meeting the enemy in combat, about her participation in the reconquest of Seren and sanzaied them to her two sisters nearby:
There was this old farmhouse that somehow had survived the enemies and their own bombardment, as well as the fighting afterwards. She was only a low rank Mizol Lennai back then and was send there with an attackteam to find out why quite a few sisters went missing in that area. It should have been pacified already and clear of enemies. 
Her fellow sisters and she were waiting outside, in the night and rain, a little distance away, in the mud. To their surprise, they could sense the presence of others of their own kind in that building, as well as that of various enemies. 
Right from the moment they found that house, she had thought that it was some kind of prison. But for what purpose? 
The fear and pain of those captured sisters could be felt from far away, making it difficult to sanzai or to determin how many individuals were in there. That was for sure no coincidence, as High command couldn't be reached as well. Because of this, she had to decide what to do. Her memoeries carried further her feels of insecurity back then. She made up her mind and ordered to attack and free those prisoned sisters, but up to this day, she wished she hadn't. 
She took the lead and stormed into that cursed building. It cost the lifes of four of her fellow sisters and what they found there was still the most disturbing thing she had ever seen. Even nowadays the stuff of her worst nightmares. 
They found captured sisters that had been cut appart and stiched back togehter again; brains in jars, held alive by machines; children with parts of their brain missing and probes stuck in every part of their body; brains of the enemy, stuffed in Loroi bodys or robotic shells; and much much worse. Their sanzais filled with pain and suffering were unbearble and it was her who put them out of their missery. It was a nightmare come to life, or as those humans would simply call it: hell. A memory that still hurts her, up to this day.

{You see, sisters.... I can not allow this to happen again. This building was no prison. It was a research lab of the enemy. That the enemy uses on of our own to fight us. Turns them into machines. Weapons. This was unthinkable.} After another short pause she turned to the window again and added {High Command ordered that any research or prisoner manipulated by the enemy should be destroyed or kill at once, before it can do more damage or falls in the wrong hands... But"it" is just a child and the enemys research has made her into a tool to fight her own kind. So tell me, sisters... what else should I have done back then or on that station? And what should we do now?}
A reflection of Twilightsabers sorrowful face could be seen in the window with tears in her eyes.

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:02 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 746
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
{Like posted by me before: I hope this part, especially Snows memories won't turn out to be too unsettling or way too long. Edit: fixed a few things, again. I hope its a better read now.}

"she seems more likely, if I'm getting the time periods correct in your time measurements to ours, little more than 2 or three 3 old. We Loroi mature much faster than Humaniti.. its a racial warrior-breed trait... I myself am 19 years old in your terms. Even though we Loroi can live centuries in your terms the war with the enemy has had a high attrition rate. If this... 'child' is this young... it means the Umiak have only recently 'relatively-speaking' done this to her... meaning likely from birth. Those implications are even more disturbing..."

Dr Murakami looked at her in disbelief. He started to shake his head and replied:
"Just 2 or 3 years old? I can't believe that... Well, you look like 19 to me, I give you that. How long can a Loroi live till she or he dies? Does this even happen?"
Captain Blake added to her: "Thats indeed a good question... How old do you think I am? I noticed that your Mizol seemed to be a bit "surprised" when she first saw me. But those... implications... I do not want to be rude here, but does that mean the Umiak have captured parts of you population and are... breeding them now?"

"Snow..'White'... I assume 'she' spoke in Trade? That is useful to know the enemy taught... 'her' at least that, perhaps even ...gave her a name? Yes.. 'Snow-White' can sense my presence... you are all frightening her; she cannot 'see' you and likely she has had little need to use her ears or speak with all those cyber-implants in her body interfacing with her masters only through their machine-cyber links. 'Snow-White' probably feels most of her 'body'; the ship the enemy installed her on is missing. So all of this would seem is likely very confusing to her - sound, touch... movement and blindness from any of her ship's sensor cyber-inputs."

The good Doctor had to smile after her first few words. "Nurse Costello told me it was just Snow, but Snow White would be much more fitting. You know, there is an old human tale called like that, about a girl with that name. She was cursed and had to sleep for a long time, till she was rescued by a prince."
Crawling his chin the Captain asked: "Aren't there two stories with such a name? "Snow-White" and "Snow-Withe and Rose-Red"? My niece loved to hear the later story... Can remember my father telling it to me, too." He said that with a sad smile on his face. "Whats with you Hadrid? Do they tell fairy tales on Aldea, too?"
Murasaki looked back at the Teidar and asked: "Might this something Loroi and Humans have in common? I mean telling old stories to our children? Anyway, we need to know what those implants do. If we should or even can remove them. Maybe one of your sisters has an idea? Somehow there must be a way to help her and we have run out of Princes, too." He sayed with a bright smile on his face and then continued: "But maybe our second in command might give it a try?"
Having thought about what else Sonni had said, Blake added:
"So... you think they used her as some kind of... living computer core? Controlling the Umiak ship and later the station? Using the sensing abilities of your kind as some kind of scanner? Or do you mean even worse?"
Everyones favorite Doctor added to the Captains questions: "I have heard of such mind/machine interfaces.... Those things, as well as research on them, have been banned, since that accident on Mars about a 100 years ago. Nevertheless I tried to research what kind information could be usefull for us. Lets say it was not a very pleasant read."

"The Enemy do not see this as the tyranny it is.. they do not 'feel'... they calculate probabilities and production rates. I suppose in some fashion they believe they are 'gifting' each sentient with a purpose and place in the machine of their society. They do not 'hate' they just evaluate usefulness and valuable traits in 'Units' they encounter... then quite without any consideration of that species decide how best to employ those 'Units' to service their view of 'Order'."

After a worried look from the good Doktor, Blake took a deep breath and replied:
"It might surprise you to hear, that over the course of human history, various Leaders, political parties, movements, Tyrannts and mad men tried to force similar ideologys over others. They enslaved other people they thought to be inferior, even tried to get rid of them entierly. It lead to some of humanitys most horrible wars, conflicts and crimes. Our own freedom maters a lot to us and we will defend it."
After long moments of silence, Murasaki added: "Those who did such similar things, performed illegal experiments on humans, too. Some tried to, somehow, proof their own superiority with such experiments. Others just loved to turture or inflict pain to others and claimed this to be medical research... This is just the tip of the iceberg, but I guess our histories are not that different after all."

"An old human author once wrote, that it only takes one good person to do nothing, that evil can prevail." The Captain said with an emotionless face. "That person sure won't be me and I think my officers see it the same way."

"I... most Loroi would not consider this... 'being'... 'Snow-White' a person at all. She has not been raised by a cadre or part of a caste... likely has no personality to speak of as clearly from birth she has been little more than a 'tool' of the enemy. My Mizol would likely counsel ending her existence as a mercy and an efficient denial of a dangerous asset to the Enemy. But... I feel whatever the Enemy has done...considering 'Snow-White's' age.. likely she is not the only child that has been.. maimed like this. We cannot control what the enemy has done.. but we can determine what we will do. This child needs our care and patience. I was the first to...'communicate' with 'Snow-White' when she contacted me before we arrived at the station. Her... abilities are powerful... I will do what I can for her... for 'Snow-White'. Please, keep your voices to a whisper... when I communicate with her... I'll repeat in trade so you can hear... "

"Forgive me, if I might be too emotional here... But I won't let anyone just kill her. I rather would order to keep her asleep by whatever is necessery. Killing a child is out of the question." an enraged Captain stated.
"But... what if she IS dangerous? We have whitnessed what she is able to do... We might not like it, but we will have to think about such problems, too. Ferox, say something!" and then, Murakami added in a whisper: "She is not your niece, Jeremiah. Don't forgett that."
Calmed down a bit, Blake answered "She is a child, regardless if she is a Loroi or has been experimented with. We must first try to help her. Otherwise we won't be better than those Umiak."
They then stepped back a bit and keept quite, to let Sonni try to communicate with Snow.

Snows skin was indeed as white as her name suggested, it felt cold, too. As she touched her, she could feel, that there were little to no telepathic defenses, too. As if she had never learnd to use or create them. Sonni could immidiatelly feel, listen and see her thoughts, as the telepathic connection worked both ways.

The first thing she saw was a memory. A very young girl, with silvery white hair, white skin, closed eyes and dressed in rags, sat near the entrance in some kind of muddy cave. Older, grown up hands hold those of the child and parts of an unknown, gentle voice could be heard:
"...you see? ...you do not need to be afraid... Now you can see through my eyes."
A young and somehow awkward voice of a girl answered:
"Sah-phia? Is that you?"
"Its Saphire... that is you... to see me?" the voice replied.
Then the view changed, as the unknown Loroi turned her head to what appeared to be a small spring and an unknown face could be seen. It was that of a grown up Loroi, her uniform was in very bad shape, Sonni could only guess that the purple areas she noticed could mean, that she might have been a Listel of some rank. Her hair and eyes were of a dark blue color. Her skincolor was darker than usual, too. It was easy to guess where she had her spoken name from.
"That... of me. ... water reflects my image." Saphires voice said.
"Are you a warrior, SAH-phia?"
The image of her smiled and answered in the typical calm and educating voice of a Listel: "Yes, I am a ... Thats why I ... spoken name. You will become one, too. ... your own name."
"Spoken-name? How long do I have to wait? Sah-phia!"
"Till our ... find and rescue us."

Then the scenery changed, it was obviously a different memory from sometime later. The image was similar, but somehow that Listel was nervous and it was very cold. There was the memory of sensing something different, something strange and new that was coming closer. Saphires voice sounded affraid and tears could be seen runing from the girls eyes:
"...not be afraid. They ... go away. Never find us here."
"Are those the melor? Coming to devour us?" the little girl said.
"...one senses a melor. Do ... be afraid. I will protect..."
Sonni could feel that those strangers had the signature of the enemy and came closer and closer to them. Suddenly, the wind blew some small, white particles deep into the cave.
"Sahhh-phia... what is that?" the young voice asked.
"...is snow." the Listel said in a hurry and her eyes tried to find a way to evade the enemy togehter, while her voice continued to speak: "You know: ... should have a ... name. You, too. So I call you Snow."
"Snohhhwhh? Snohw. Snow!" the young voice said in a happy tone.
"... warrior now. So ... to be brave. Understood?"
"Yes! Snow will be brave! Snow will be a good child"
"Good. ... to stay here, while I will ... the enemy. It will not ... long."
Sonni could feel that the Listel stood up and a rusty knife could be seen in one of her hands.
"See? th... a knife. Wenn ... ack it will be yours."
Meanwhile footsteps could be heard in the distance, as well as strange noises, that sound like klicks coming closer.
Before the telepathic contact was closed down, she could grasp a glimps of the feeling of that Listel: a worried feeling of affection for that little one.

After this, the memory changed again. The strange klicking noises were everywere around her. She tried to move, but couldn't. She could feel that something had been shoved down her throat and nose and something that tasted metalic stoped her from closing her mouth. She felt weary and it felt as if everything happend a far distance away from her. Strange fingers touched her on various parts of her head and then a strange pressure could be felt. She could hear a buzzing noise coming from her head and nose, right were the pressur was, but could feel no pain. Then it stoped, first in her nose, then at her head. The pressur there stoped as well. After this, weird things happened: she somehow couldn't remember how cocked misesa tasted, how white looked like, what her name was, etc... Most of those memories came back soon after they were gone. Snow could then feel something else moving up her nose and an unknown feeling from her head. As that thing in her nose had moved all the way up, the clicking noises around her stopped for a while and a strange feeling filled her mind and body. As if she was no longer alone. Not like Saphires gentle sanzai and telepathic contact, as if it came right from within her. Without warning, an unbeliveable loud, painfull and mechanical "voice" could be heard from within her own head:
"BE A GOOD CHILD! SERVE YOUR MASTERS!"
The "voice" shouted inside of her, her body and mind. Every of its word was followed by pure pain. She tried to block it out, like Saphire told her to, but couldn't. This was no sanzai, Sonni realised quickly. She felt how Snow tried to fight that pain, but lost.

Some time had passed, Sonni could feel how frightened Snow was.
"BE A GOOD CHILD! SERVE YOUR MASTERS!"
The evil voice remember her.
"BE A GOOD CHILD! SERVE YOUR MASTERS!"
The voice continued.
"BE A GOOD CHILD! SERVE YOUR MASTERS!"
That voice spoke again. And again and again and again...
Her pain was unbearble, as suddenly it stopped.
Something had changed, she noticed immediatelly. Suddenly, she could see things. Not as colorfull and vivid as through Saphires eyes, it was more a greenish/black kind of vision.
There was someone, right in front of her, as she noticed. It was Saphire, injured, shackled to some kind of chair and Sonnidezi realised that she had with no doubt been tortured before. Blood ran down her face and one of her eyes seemed to be missing. Nevertheless it was her and Sonni could feel how happy Snow was, to see and feel her close again. As without a warning:
"BE A GOOD CHILD! SERVE YOUR MASTERS!" the voice shouted within her.
She somehow had to raise her arm and saw in disbelief that her hands were holding a knife, Saphires knife. She saw Saphires mouth moving, tears run down from her undamaged eye, but could not hear or sense anything.
And then she could see how her hands stabed her with the knife, again and again and again. Till there was nothing left than blood and meat. She wanted to stop it, cry out and drop that knife, but she couldn't. As if her hands did no longer belong to herself.
When it was over, she wanted to cry, wanted to belive it was just some nightmare, that Saphire would come and comfort her. But she was dead, killed by herself. By her own hands that didn't obbey her anymore. The clicking noises continued and panic grew in her, as she realised, that she was alone now. That her body stood up and was walking around and she could not stop it.
Then another mechnical, but calmer and friendlier voice spoke inside her:
"You did well. You are a good child. Serve your masters well."
Suddenly she felt no longer afraid or had to panic. She felt happy. Happy that she was a good child and served her masters well. Whatever made them happy, would make her happy, too.

Another shift in memory, still in this greenish/black colors. Snow was walking along a strange corridor, its walls reminded Sonni of various wrecks of Umiak origin she had visited. Quite a few Umiak walked pass her and some kind of claw could be felt resting on Snows shoulder. There was no doubt that this was aboard an active Warship of the enemy. Somehow Snow still felt happy. This was her great day. The masters will play a game with her. Something she had played before, a long time ago with her caregivers: find the other sisters.
They entered a room with a strange looking chair. Her hands were fixed on it and she could see a strange sphere lowered from the ceiling, with a lot of cables, tubes and wires hanging from it. The feeling of those cables beeing put into her head, the sight of those tubes and wires connected to things in her body somehow didn't worry her. It made her happy. Happy to serve the masters. Happy to have a new home. Deep inside Snow, Sonni could feel a distant voice screaming.

Then, after what must have been years on that chair, Sonni finally saw something familiar: the human station. An image filled with pain. The masters ordered the child to check if someone was abord this structure, if there was any threat to them. So she played that game with her. She searched and searched and found nothing. It was empty and no threat to any of them. How wrong she had been. They came closer, too close to evade was comming. She could feel her home shaking under the impacts, the light was flashing and stoped working soon after. Everything was black, she couldn't see. Was blind again. Even the voice of the Masters stopped and for the first time in a long while, she was alone. Panic grew in her, she didn't want to be alone! Are there no sisters around? Are the masters gone? Was she dead? Her mind was racing from thought to thought. After what semed like days, the voice returned:
"You were a bad child. The masters a very cross with you."
"No!" She wanted to scream out. "It was not my fault!"
And so the other voice returned, screamed in her for her failure, her betrayal.

A while later, the masters restored her eyesight again, but made her walk over to that other station. At least she tried to walk. Her feet and legs felt weak, could only make a few steps forward till they failed carrying her. Then she could feel two of these claw like things under her arms. They helped her walk, lifted her up a little and moved her over to that structure. They walked through, what Sonni identified as an airlock, over to the human side. All of this made Snow feel strange. The air, the corridors and everything else was different than everything she had seen or felt. They lead her into a room and it was the first time she saw them: the melor. One of them, a male, was kneeling on the floor, saying something she could not understand, but repeating it over and over again. But the melor stoped as he saw her, looked at her in terror. It felt strange, she could not sense him or read his thoughts. Its skin was very dark, almost black, his ears were small and round. She screamed out as she first saw him, but not a sound left her throat. She wanted to run away, far away from this thing, but her feet were not following. Instead she moved closer and closer, her arms ready to touch it. Then it said something again, his eyes opened even wider in pure terror as her fingertips touched its skin: "What are you?!"
The masters made her touch it, its screams filled her ears as tried to dive into its mind. But she could find nothing, no trace of a mind or thoughts. What were the masters thinking in doing this? Its a melor! She asked herself and then its screams stoped. She could see thick, almost black, red blood running out of his ears, nose, eyes and mouth. The masters took it aways and brought in another melor, this time female looking. The masters made her to repeated the procedure, again without a result, so the masters brought the next melor to her, then the next and the next...

The masters had build her a new home, next to something the melor had captured. She should protect it, till others from the masters came here. It made her happy to help them, she wanted the masters to forgett that she had failed them. But there was still so much pain by the voice in her. Then suddenly, somewhere in the system, she could feel something new...
Beings like Saphire, like herself, not that far away and coming closer. She tried to find out about them, who they were and what they wanted. Was Saphire with them? Did she came to help her? She had to warn them about the masters...

While sensing all this, Sonni could feel a weak whisper from far, far away, deep inside of the girl, repeating itself over and over again: "I am Snow, I am Snow, I am Snow, I am Snow, ..."


In the moment Sonni broke her contact, she and the others could see that Snow had stoped moving around. Very slowly her head turned into the direction of Sonnidezi and a very weak, almost whisper like voice could be heard:
"Sah-phia?"

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:09 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 am
Posts: 164
Location: Poland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
"Whats with you Hadrid? Do they tell fairy tales on Aldea, too?"

[We do, Captain but we have our own, some basing on old ones, some are new.] Hadrid said looking at loroi child.

-----------------

In the moment Sonni broke her contact, she and the others could see that Snow had stoped moving around. Very slowly her head turned into the direction of Sonnidezi and a very weak, almost whisper like voice could be heard:

"Sah-phia?"

[What was that?] Hadrid jumped hearing something from the child.


[] - spoken English
"" - spoken Trade

Post 61


Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:31 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 939
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Sonni trembles slightly in reaction to the memories flooding through her... not in fear and not only in Rage... but also a deeply profound sadness and compassion for the child... she forcefully chokes back tears... unwilling to express such emotions before, at least, the humans present, Charlie would be different....

Taking a few calming breaths Sonni speaks to Snow White, "No little one... Sapphire is not here.. she is gone... but I am here... and I'll protect you just like Sapphire did. I am Sonidezzi - Stormrage. Rest now.. you are safe."

Turning to the humans she switched language to English whispering, [This child, Snow White, was once in the care of a Listel 'Scientist' named Sapphire, that is who Snow is calling for... she was.. murdered by the Umiak... the less you know the better it was not a good end for a warrior. They were both likely captured upon a occupied Loroi war during the Umiak offensive. Yes, the Umiak have occupied worlds we have lost in the war.. certainly they have other Loroi captives... but likely none who are adults and powerfully psionic.. they would die before being captured alive... as did her Sapphire. I know not which world she is from her memories are sketchy and incomplete because sections of her brain associated with memory have been cut out! She may never fully recover from what the Enemy did to her. No, she is not a threat to you... as long as you do not make physical contact with her. Snow has powerful, but untrained psionic abilities...she is more a threat to us Loroi who can hear her thoughts than humans.. but we are trained to defend ourselves against telepathic attack. Her threat to you is low. She was not a computer for the enemy... they were using her talents to farseer their enemies... similar to our more refined tactics. Now, I hope you would partially understand the Loroi policy of no neutral parties in our war against the Umiak.. it is not just a war of political or commerce supremacy... not of just our Loroi survival.. but the survival of ALL free-thinking sapient sentients of the galaxy lest they be turned into slaves of the 'Shells'. If we loose it is not a simple loss of galactic trade dominance, it is life or death! Even the 'allied' species-states within the Umiak Hegemony are oppressed with economically crushing production rate quotas set by their uncaring Umiak overlords... which they dare not fail to achieve lest their pseudo-autonomy be starkly taken away!]

[P92]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:50 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:38 pm
Posts: 197
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Spoiler: show
Suederwind wrote:
{A smaller update for Twilightsaber, as her part was a bit undeveloped. Again, I hope this won't turn out too dark or sad in mood. The next part for the infarmery will be another post. There will be a lot of infos dropped into it and I might splitt it in two.}

Malidasaria approaches Beganenzit, a feeling of worry for her fellow mizol flowing from her mind.

Twilightsaber noticed Malidasarias worries about her as she and Neliopaio approached. An emotion she hadn't noticed in her sisters since they started their trip. She then turned around to face them and started to sanzai a private message to them:
{Sisters... Those worries touches me, but I can assure you... You do not need to worry about me. That "thing" the humans took aboard their ship is much more dangerous and a bigger reason for concern to all of us than I ever might be.}
She paused for a moment, to let her sisters think about that, then she continued:
{I do not need to explaine my behavior to you, but I think it will help you better understand our situation. At least a little bit...}

After this, she started to remember things, about them time when she was a young Mizol, about her first time meeting the enemy in combat, about her participation in the reconquest of Seren and sanzaied them to her two sisters nearby:
There was this old farmhouse that somehow had survived the enemies and their own bombardment, as well as the fighting afterwards. She was only a low rank Mizol Lennai back then and was send there with an attackteam to find out why quite a few sisters went missing in that area. It should have been pacified already and clear of enemies. 
Her fellow sisters and she were waiting outside, in the night and rain, a little distance away, in the mud. To their surprise, they could sense the presence of others of their own kind in that building, as well as that of various enemies. 
Right from the moment they found that house, she had thought that it was some kind of prison. But for what purpose? 
The fear and pain of those captured sisters could be felt from far away, making it difficult to sanzai or to determin how many individuals were in there. That was for sure no coincidence, as High command couldn't be reached as well. Because of this, she had to decide what to do. Her memoeries carried further her feels of insecurity back then. She made up her mind and ordered to attack and free those prisoned sisters, but up to this day, she wished she hadn't. 
She took the lead and stormed into that cursed building. It cost the lifes of four of her fellow sisters and what they found there was still the most disturbing thing she had ever seen. Even nowadays the stuff of her worst nightmares. 
They found captured sisters that had been cut appart and stiched back togehter again; brains in jars, held alive by machines; children with parts of their brain missing and probes stuck in every part of their body; brains of the enemy, stuffed in Loroi bodys or robotic shells; and much much worse. Their sanzais filled with pain and suffering were unbearble and it was her who put them out of their missery. It was a nightmare come to life, or as those humans would simply call it: hell. A memory that still hurts her, up to this day.

{You see, sisters.... I can not allow this to happen again. This building was no prison. It was a research lab of the enemy. That the enemy uses on of our own to fight us. Turns them into machines. Weapons. This was unthinkable.} After another short pause she turned to the window again and added {High Command ordered that any research or prisoner manipulated by the enemy should be destroyed or kill at once, before it can do more damage or falls in the wrong hands... But"it" is just a child and the enemys research has made her into a tool to fight her own kind. So tell me, sisters... what else should I have done back then or on that station? And what should we do now?}
A reflection of Twilightsabers sorrowful face could be seen in the window with tears in her eyes.


Following her fellow officer to their sister, Sunbloom is quiet as she hears the sanzai, merely mulling it over for a few moments before responding. She offers Twilightsaber a mildly apologetic look, then puts two fingers to the back of her hand... Even with the physical contact, her sanzai, currently bereft of the amplifier, is quiet. Weak.

Spoiler: show
I AM worried about you, as much as I am about... Her, it, whatever label one chooses to apply. You did what you thought was right, and I do not question that. she sends, the physical contact the only thing allowing her to be percieved right now, As for what we should do now? It's not an easy situation. I intend to talk to Sonnidezi once she's finished there, and learn her opinion on the matter. After that? We'll see where the humans stand. It IS their ship, but frankly, this... Issue, rather overrules a diplomatic mission to a minor race of limited import. We will see what they intend, and go from there. Personally, I'm of the mind a quick end might be a mercy, but so were others a few years ago when the roles were reversed.


Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:22 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 746
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
{Okay, time for another part. Edit: Missed a small part.}

[What was that?] Hadrid jumped hearing something from the child.

[Schhhh!] the Doctor said to him. He then lowered his voice and continued:
["I think she woke up. We should follow Stormrages example and not speak loudly in here."]

The good Captain noded in their direction and then listened to what Sonni told the little one.

"No little one... Sapphire is not here.. she is gone... but I am here... and I'll protect you just like Sapphire did. I am Sonidezzi - Stormrage. Rest now.. you are safe."

He came closer to watch as she slowely opened her eyes, so that her milky iris could be seen. Her head then started to shake, tears started to fill her eyes and her weak voice could be heard again:

["...no... Sah-phia... Was a dream... all just a dream... Sah-phia is a warrior... will not lie... Will come back and save me from the melor..."]

Snows voice sounded awkward and untrained to him, like she had only learnd to talk a little while ago and he wasn't sure if she had fully understood what the Teidar had told her.

Meanwhile Sonidezzi explained to them what she had found out about her. About those memories. Thinking that someone had done such gruesome things to such a young child and most likely not just her alone, was deeply unsettling for the Captain. The Umiak and their hegemony sounded more and more like an empire of evil to him. Treacherous and very dangerous. He was sure now, that the choices he had made in last few weeks, were not the wrong ones. He just hoped that Cydonia would return home in time and he still wasn't sure what to do with that girl.

["Are you sure, that she is no threat to us or the ship? I don't want to sound unfriendly, but I would like to post a guard here, just in case. I am sure you understand that. Maybe one of you or one of your sisters can stay and help her as well? Maybe our Doctor can offer us some more insights as well?"]

["From what I can say, she seems to be traumatized and chronically undernourished. There will be deficiencies in her development, made worse by those implants and experiments. There is another problem: Judging from those implants, I would say, that she hasn't eaten normaly for quite a while. Maybe we can..."]

Right in the middle of the good Doctors remarks, thick tears suddenly started to run down her cheeks. Blake could only guess that she just now had realized, that was told to her earlier was true. She started to cry, then tried to move, free her arms and legs, but couldn't. A splittsecond later Blake thought that there was some kind of problem with the engines, till he noticed that it was the floor and the lights on the ceiling that were shaking.
["What in gods name is going on?"]

["no... No... NO! I was a good child... I was a good child.. Masters do not need to be cross with me. Did what you said... Please, not give me to the melor... Give me back Sah-phia..."]
Snow yelled in a paniced voice, that at the end, died down in tears.

He wasn't sure, why he stepped closer to her, maybe it was just some kind of ancient instinct working in him, taking over from his mind in that moment. He just had to stroke with his hand over her head, like he did when he comfort Leonor, his niece. Wipe away those tears. Without thinking the words in trade just flow out of him:

["Its allright, little one... its allright... no need to be afraid. No one is going to hurt you. Of course you are a good child. Sleep now. All will be good when you wake up."]

It was dead silence after he had said those words. Snow had stoped crying and her hand tried to reach that of Sonni again.

["You will protect me? Soh-ni-deh-si? Why melor not devour me? I feel so sleepy... Afraid to sleep alone..."]

Ferox com-unit started to beep a moment later:

[Sir, this is engeneering. Abramovic speaking. Is there something wrong in the infarmery? The sensors indicate some form of distortion and stress on the hull. Are you alright?]

Meanwhile in the mess hall:


Surprised, that Sunbloom touched her, she turned around and looked her in her face, while she answered her. Now in full controll of her emotions again.

{"Well..."} she answered in sanzai to her two sisters, {"...that sounds like a valid idea to me. I would like you to go and talk to Sonnidezi and that human Captain..."} In that same moment a weak tremor could be felt, obviously caused by strong and untrained telekinesis.
{"...before things get worse. Much worse. We still do not know her full potential and may the spirits save us from her tear apart the whole ship."}

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 939
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Sonnidezzi agrees somewhat dismissively keeping her voice down, ["Yes, yes of course place a guard here...you'd be foolish not too."]

At Snow's outburst Sonni turns back to her as the room shudders... her pretty green eyes going wide with surprise; she immediately places a hand upon Snow's cheek reestablishing her mental-link with the child but speaking instead, "...shhh.. c-calm down Snow White.. I'm still here .. I won't leave you... there are no melor here.. these are Humans.. a different species, they will not harm you.. you are in no danger. I can stay and watch you as you sleep if you wish little one...shhh..calm down... there you are yes, I'm Sonnidezzi.. I'm here to protect you..."

Turning her gaze to whisper urgently to Captain Blake... now not so certain and clearly alarmed, ["O-kay, I did not know she was also psychokinetic... but clearly she is and powerful at that... fortunately unskilled. She may be a hazard to your ship.. but there is no malice in her childish fearful outburst... I'll keep her calm... please talk away from here you seem to be confusing Snow White and frightening her... !"]

[P93]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:45 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 am
Posts: 164
Location: Poland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
[Sir, this is engineering. Abramovic speaking. Is there something wrong in the infirmary? The sensors indicate some form of distortion and stress on the hull. Are you alright?]

[We are fine, chief. What's the status? No damage?]

[Nothing on our computers yet. Sir]


-------------------------------------------
Turning her gaze to whisper urgently to Captain Blake... now not so certain and clearly alarmed, ["O-kay, I did not know she was also psychokinetic... but clearly she is and powerful at that... fortunately unskilled. She may be a hazard to your ship.. but there is no malice in her childish fearful outburst... I'll keep her calm... please talk away from here you seem to be confusing Snow White and frightening her... !"]

Hadrid turned toward the captain

[Perhaps miss Sonnidezzi can handle it form here. If nothing else I would like to return to my duties.]

[] - spoken English
"" - spoken Trade

Post 62


Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:07 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 746
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
{Time for the next part.}


The good doctor listened as the Teidar spoke in a rather arrogant fashion:

"Yes, yes of course place a guard here...you'd be foolish not too."

Clearly, diplomacy was none of her skills. But Blake seemed less impressed by this, immideatelly activated his com-unit and ordered a marine to the infarmery. The thought that now yet _another_ person would look over his shoulders made him fell more than just unhappy. That meant less time for him to spent with his hidden treasures. There were his other patients as well. Especially that Loroi Captain made him feel uneasy, every time he checked her vitals or just passed by. Just an eerie feeling, he keept telling himself.

When Sonni spoke to the little girl, he could almost feel that she was worried for that little girl. He wasn't sure if it were the Captains or the Teidars words that made her stop crying after that tremor. Blake just looked unhappy afterwards. Such sudden, impulsive reactions are usually not something he would do. That little one must have made a bigger impression on him, than he first had thought.

A moment later, Snows lips started to form words again. She sounded weak and very tired to him.

["...ll not go away? ... No melor, huhh-mahns? ... Snow... sleepy..."]

He watched as her eyes closed and her hand slowly slipped away from Sonnis again.

["A psychokinetic?"] the Captain asked visibly worried but in a whispering voice. ["So she caused this? Can you assure us that you have her under control?"]

Snows head started to move a little bit as she was sleeping again. He could only guess what nightmares could haunt her. Judging from those of his own, it was better not to ask.

Mental Link to Sonni:
Spoiler: show
Weak images, memorys and dreams appeared to Sonni, clearly they had been supressed by whatever the enemy had given to her:
The feeling of things being injected into her, the erie sound of clicking all around her from the strange languege the enemy used. The sudden feeling of pain or happienes, caused by he masters, when she mad a misstake or did something well. Sitting in that chair, not able to move and have to play that game for the masters, over and over again. Greenish images of pain filled human faces, their horrible screams and the memory of her causing this. Saphiers tortured body, her face coverd in tears and blood, being killed by her hands. The pain and sadness to have withness everything of this without being able to do something against it.


(You can use a mind roll to maybe help her find some happy memories and/or calm her.)


Relieved, Murakami watched as Ferox left his infarmery, after the Captain granted his wish. At least on Person less that will observe him and step on his toes. As the door opened again shortly afterwards, and Corp. Nordstroem, the so called ice queen, entered his "realm", he realized that his chances to take a sipp from his treasures just went down from slim to none. But only a slightly anoyed grunt left his throat. No need to offend the ice queen.


In Engeneering:


Chief Abramovic nervously watched as the strange signals on the internal sensors disappeard. He hasn't seen something like this in his entire life. As if the ship had suddenenly decided to split in half, luckily just for a brief moment.
The sudden outburst of Ensign Flores disrupted his thoughts. He had not expected than someone so young would know so many cursewords and almost dropped his beloved coffe mug.

["Ensign Flores, whats the matter?"]

["Sorry, sir. I was trying to get into that encrypted Shenuda Heavy Industry reaserch data about that icosahedron thing we took with us..."]

["Not going too well, I guess?"]

["Not going anywere, sir. Thats some high end military grade encryption. I didn't know that civilians would get there hands on something like that."]

["Who do you think is inventing and selling that stuff to us? But, I think I know the right person for the job..."]

Abramovic smiled as he activated his com-unit back in his small office.

["Engeneering to Lt. Cmdr. Ferox, I might have something down here, that you might find interesting. Maybe you can take a look? Oh... and don't forgett your "toys"..."]

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:52 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 939
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Stormrage is silent a few moments in rapport using her touch to scan Snow White's surface thoughts...

She could tell it would take some significant time to treat all the psychological damage that had been inflicted on the child... something Sonni, herself, was not the best qualified for...

She spoke in a whisper to the human crew observers around her but her eyes remain fixed upon Snow, "...there are many painful memories Snow White has of her captivity... torture, abuse, loneliness... terror she was drugged to suppress some of those memories by her captors. I'm sorry to say... she was forced by the enemy's neural-cortex implants to have a part in the torture and death of your human crew of your station... she is terribly traumatized by all the death she has witnessed and been forced to be a part of!"

"I ...can keep her calm, by calling up pleasant memories, but she will need focused trained counseling to deal with what she has endured. I am not the best qualified for such... among the Loroi crew available, but I will do what I can."

Sonnidezzi sat down next to the child on her bed and settling into the bed next to her gently pulled the little girl close to hold her very tenderly... motherly as she mentally sculpted deeper mindlink with the child.

{In the mental landscape of Snow's memories Sonnidezi took her hand and walked with her through a collage of translucent curtains of memories... like walking in a gallery. Sonni smiles her her meeting her eyes and lead her away from the greenish hues memory curtains of pain and fear... back toward older memories of her time with Sapphire.

At the same time Stormrage opened her mind and began projecting memory curtains of her own ...golden hued curtains of...

Maia, the Loroi world where Sonnidezi was raised as a child with her Clan's Warrior Society - 'Sun Sirens'. Images of a youthful wild-child 'country girl', Sonnidezi, as she would run wild and naked - mostly, across the rolling hills of Sa'a grass plains of Maia... when not training with her battlemaster and cadresisters. The endless green skies as she loved to lie beneath the open clear skies as the winds and grasses caressed her bare flanks and tickled her toes.}


Using Telepathy w/Psi-Amp
- Directing Snow's dreams to her pleasant memories and showing her some of Sonnidezi's childhood memories... in an attempt to show her life is not all pain, suffering and death.

2d6+8, rolled once. [Mind{5}, +Telepathy{1}, +Psi-Amp{2}; "8"]

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 1, 6 + 8
Roll subtotal: 15
Roll total: 15

https://www.rpglibrary.org/software/sec ... /index.php

OOC: Invisible Castle seems to no long be available.

[P94]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:27 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 746
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
{Ok, here comes another part.}

Patiently the good old Captain waitet for Sonnis answers. Watching carfully as she touched and tried to calm the frightened child. It seemed like ages to him till she spoke again, in that whispering voice of her.

["...there are many painful memories Snow White has of her captivity... torture, abuse, loneliness... terror she was drugged to suppress some of those memories by her captors. I'm sorry to say... she was forced by the enemy's neural-cortex implants to have a part in the torture and death of your human crew of your station... she is terribly traumatized by all the death she has witnessed and been forced to be a part of!"]

["I have guessed something like that..."]
Blake aswered in a whisper "... but hearing it won't make it easier. That they would turn children into tools for their war effords. None of my people or the Orgus would have imagined somithing as horrible as this. May the Lord have mercy with her."]
["Thats indeed unexpected. But, may I remind you Captain, that there were a lot of nations, rebells or sects in our history, that used children as soldiers, for experimentation and other terrible things?"]
Murakami added, also in whispered voice.
Cydonias Captain crossed his arms in front of him, closed his eyes and replied:
["Sure... but litteraly using them as weapons or tools against their own will? I think, as different as we might be, we can be lucky that we have met the Loroi first and not those Monsters."]

["I ...can keep her calm, by calling up pleasant memories, but she will need focused trained counseling to deal with what she has endured. I am not the best qualified for such... among the Loroi crew available, but I will do what I can."]

["We do not have a dedicated counselor or a psychiatrist aboard. This falls in my duties, but I am not sure how... different... the minds of humans and loroi are. Nevertheless, if there is something I can do to assist you, feel free to tell me."]
The good Doctor said.
["There is another issue we need to think about. What do we do, if the next Umiak ship we run into, has another such captive aboard?"]
Blake whispered with a worried undertone.

Snows mind:

Spoiler: show
Her injured body and frightened mind relaxed as Sonni showed her some happy memories of her own. It did more than just calm her down, deep inside of her, she could sense a weak thought, directed to Sonni:
"You not hurt me? Will bring me back?" Followed by weak and half forgotten memories of Snow, from a long time ago.
Sonni could not see what was going on or anything at all, but she could sense the other Loroi children and caregivers around Snow, could feel what she had touched, smelled and had eaten.
It took her a while to understand what was going on, but then it became clear that those older Loroi were not caregivers at all. They were warriors and they seemed to have taken the children with them, tried to prevent them from falling in the hands of the enemy. It was easy for her to recognise that Saphire was one of them, holding Snows hand, comforting, feeding and protecting her.
The bond between those older Loroi and those children was very strong, unsually strong. A thought crossed Sonnis mind: Could it be that they might have been the mothers of those kids?
Nevertheless, she withnessed what happines meant for Snow: Saphires hand hold hers, they were walking through a cornfield, the wind blowing through her hair, the sun warming her skin, the memory of Saphires face, snow melting in her tiny hands, playing with the other children, ...

After a while, Sonni felt that Snow was fully asleep now. Memories of her own and Sonni filled her mind and for the first time in years, happyness could be felt within her and a smile could be seen on her face.

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:53 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 939
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Feeling the child slip into a peaceful slumber Sonnidezi gently slips out of the bed ...aided with a little timely telekinesis without disturbing the child.

Her expression one of worry briefly, then shifting her gaze from Snow-White to Captain Blake becoming an expression of cold seriousness, her voice a whisper to avoid waking the child, "...believe me Captain Blake... if you stumble across another Umiak vessel in your CYDONIA... whether they have a Farseer Loroi child aboard... will be the VERY Least of your concerns! Your slow, vulnerable, practically weaponless vessel~ compared to the enemy would be no fight at all. Your best option would seem to be perhaps to pose as a non-threatening merchant vessel. I mean no insult, but your technology is far outmatched by the modern weaponry of both Loroi and Umiak military's. Best to avoid all contact... and make as quickly as possible to space inhabited by your worlds. Risking trying to find another Loroi vessel in this contested space would be... imprudent. The Loroi know of Humaniti.. and when our vessel the ARGENT FIRE does not report back... the Torrai High Command will send another expedition.. this time likely a flotilla of warcraft."

She gazes at the sleeping child and comments, "...for now.. Snow-White is sleeping soundly and peacefully. We should let her rest. But I need to consult with Twilightsaber and discuss what our next steps should be... in regards to Snow-White. It would seem prudent for your next step to be vacating this contested area of space Captain Blake.. but it IS your vessel... and we the Loroi delegation must trust to your judgement in how best to get us in contact with your superiors."

[P95]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:30 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 am
Posts: 164
Location: Poland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Abramovic smiled as he activated his com-unit back in his small office.

[Engeneering to Lt. Cmdr. Ferox, I might have something down here, that you might find interesting. Maybe you can take a look? Oh... and don't forgett your "toys"...]

Hadrid turned toward the captain, [With permission sir, Chief engineer requests my help.]

[Go ahead, Commander, but I remaind you that you have bridge duty in 12 hours, so get some rest.]

Hadrid nodded and left the Medbay.

Inside the elevator [Chief, what you need exactly?] Hadrid said opening private line with Abramovic.

[We can't open SHI data, it's heavily encrypted. Perhaps you could lend us a hand in cracking it?]

[Hacking to private data base? All right I will be there in few minutes.]

-----------------
Hadrid quickly garbed anything he needed from his room and went strait to the engineering deck.

Reaching a room used as storeroom from "artefacts" gathered in the raid, Hadrid was welcomed by both Chief Abramovic and Lt Rockwool

[Sir, Sorry for the trouble, but this information could give us a hint about this object.] - Chief Abramovic said pointing with his head at strange icosahedron thing.

[Well for the record I must say that hacking private data store without court order is criminal offence punished with 5-year Imprisonment. At least in Aldean jurisdiction.]

[That's why you are going to be a hacker.] - Kvasir said grinning

[Very funny, alright let's get started]

Hadrid sat in the computer desk and plugged his console to the shipboard computer. With moments official screen swapped with screen from Commander's console.

[Right, we need this, this, and those files ,sir. A lot of data.] Chief said pointing with his finger files from the list, seen at the screen.

[Right I will launch a decrypting program but it will take some time.]

Activating few commends and programs, software started operating.

[How long it gonna take?]

[16 hours for a file, assuming each archive have different key.]

[16 hours? This is madness, can we speed it up?]

[If you have national megatron class computer around, yea]

[Very well, we can wait, meanwhile the files decrypt we can focus on other things.]

[Carry on then. I will be leaving you guys for it, Kvasir please return my things when finished ok?]

[Yea sure, where are you going?]

[I'm going to medbay ask Doc about something and later I'm going to take a nap before my bridge duty.]

With this word hadrid turned from console, and walked out from engineering.

[] - spoken English
"" - spoken Trade

Post 63


Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:31 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 746
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
{Sorry, that took much more time to finish. Had to rewrite it a few times and some job related trouble. I hope that will get better soon. Anyway, here it goes:}

In the infarmery:


"...believe me Captain Blake... if you stumble across another Umiak vessel in your CYDONIA... whether they have a Farseer Loroi child aboard... will be the VERY Least of your concerns! Your slow, vulnerable, practically weaponless vessel~ compared to the enemy would be no fight at all. Your best option would seem to be perhaps to pose as a non-threatening merchant vessel. I mean no insult, but your technology is far outmatched by the modern weaponry of both Loroi and Umiak military's. Best to avoid all contact... and make as quickly as possible to space inhabited by your worlds. Risking trying to find another Loroi vessel in this contested space would be... imprudent. The Loroi know of Humaniti.. and when our vessel the ARGENT FIRE does not report back... the Torrai High Command will send another expedition.. this time likely a flotilla of warcraft."

Blake listned carefully, a stoic expression on his face.
["With all respect..."]
He added in that short pause, Sonni made.
["...this is your ship now, too. At least untill we reach earth. Its not as ... fancy... as your Argent Fire was, but its all we have right now. Our home AND fortress in this dangerous void of space."]

"...for now.. Snow-White is sleeping soundly and peacefully. We should let her rest. But I need to consult with Twilightsaber and discuss what our next steps should be... in regards to Snow-White. It would seem prudent for your next step to be vacating this contested area of space Captain Blake.. but it IS your vessel... and we the Loroi delegation must trust to your judgement in how best to get us in contact with your superiors."

The Captain noded in her direction.
["Thats at least some good news. Discuss what next to do with that little one and tell Twilightsaber that we are already on our way back to earth, leaving this system in a few hours and most liekly will meet reinforcements on the way."]

In engineering:

[I'm going to medbay ask Doc about something and later I'm going to take a nap before my bridge duty.]

["A Moment Commander..." the Chief said to him on his way out. "... there is something I would like to show you."]

Abramovic leads Ferox to the cargobay, but not to show him some of the supplies or the SHI stuff they found on the station. He lead him right in the middle of the cargo bay, to a strange gemetricaly shaped object, floating in mid air, surounded by various objects: sensors, detectors, cables and their attachments, all pointing at it and were connected to various SHI workstations. Someone must have also taken the time to place some beacons around it, creating a perimeter of some sort, about 2 meters around the object.
There was nothing holding the object there in position, it was just floating or rather staying there. It surface looked like it was made of porceline, pearl white and shiny. It looked brand new: there were no cracks, other damages or any sign of age to it. No buttons, inscriptions or other signs of its creators. Somehow it looked like a toy, that its creators got bored with and simply tossed away.

["Thats the Icosahedron, LtCmdr. Impressiv, isn't it? But, actually thats not what I wanted to show you. I know you must have seen it in various images by now."]
Abramovic said and then was going to one of the many crates that stood around it. He picked up a small red rubberball.

["Masha gave that to me, wenn we left for our trip. Its a toy from our son. I used it to check some things, as we still can't access the damned SHI sensors and other stuff here. I can only tell you, that they tried to access it in any way possible. Most of that equipment they pointed at it, is much more sophisticated than our own. But that is no wonder, we are on a warship, not a science vessel."]

He then turned away from the object and simply tossed the ball away. It bounced of the floor 3 times and then rolled to a supplycrate and stopped.

["Usually I use it to check the gravity aboard, then I noticed that something was off here, around that thing... There is no way to describe it, you have to see it. But before I start, I want to say that there is nothing wrong with the artificial gravity here. I checked multible times. "]

He then feteched his little red ball and turned to the Icosahedron again, ready to toss it one more time.

["You might want to take cover behind one of those crates, by the way."]

Abramovic tossed the ball in the direction of the foreign object, as weak as before. As it entered the perimeter, it looked like it would stop for a brief moment in mid air, but then the ball suddenly got faster again. Much, much faster. As if a some giant suddenly had hit it with a bat, the ball raced away, bouncing of various crates, walls, the floor and cealing. Again and again, till the Chief finally catched it.

["So... what do you say about that?"]

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:55 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 939
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Sonni left medical making her way back to the 'guest quarters' that had been arranged by the Captain Blake. She was uneasy, about what all they had discovered portended for the future of the war against The Enemy. If more of her crewsisters were captured and experimented on...what new horrors would they Loroi Union have to face? And more importantly.. what would Torrai Command assume as a new policy doctrine in countering the situation? The Emperor and the Diadem council could be VERY ruthless in their tactics... would Sonni have to kill unfortunate Loroi crewsisters that fell into the clutches of The Enemy?

Would Twilightsaber order her to kill Snow White? How would the humans react to that? The possibilities troubled her deeply... so she walked slowly back to their quarters... wanting some time to organize her own thought and feelings on the matter... her Mind Shield at full force.

The Enemy seemed to care nothing for the countless 'Shells' they threw in wave after wave at the Loroi Union Grand Armada only to die under Loroi unrelenting weapons fire. Would the Loroi have to become like The Enemy... heartless and uncaring of the many crewsisters they would have to put to death for their own safety? Had that already happened... when did 'doing what was necessary to survive...', simply mean turning themselves into the enemy they so stoically fought against?

Sonnidezzi was sure her mother, Torrai Soshret Lomisonni ‘Bright-Storm’, would disdain such talk and thoughts AS pointless and without meaning! Was ANYTHING~ no matter how vile or immoral, acceptable to avoid death or enslavement? Sonni was certain the Diadem council would not hesitate in its answer... but her heart was telling her different. Was it the time she had spent among the humans that was coloring her judgement?

Was her love for Charlie... subverting her training.. and her resolve?

Unable to delay returning to their quarters forever without it being obvious... Stormrage walked past the two regular human Marines that guarded the entrance to the Loroi delegation wing of living quarters on the crew deck.

Though they made only a slight stiffening of their stance as she walked by... Sonni could feel their eyes follow her... appreciatively... and enviously. It was perhaps the worse kept secret of the entire ship.. the relationship between the Loroi Security Chief Teidar and her Marine Lieutenant lover. The Loroi tried to ignore the fact... but the humans would go suddenly silent in their conversations when Sonni or Charlie happened by... their silence speaking in louder volumes than if they were actually talking about it openly! They would whisper and furtively smile or scowl when they thought Sonni or Charlie could not hear... a silly thing as it was clear who they were talking about or snickering over in their conversations. But Sonni still could not tell if their relationship was approved, disapproved or just thought weird... the body language and expression were so varied int he reactions she and Charlie received it was hard to tell. It was clear that humans found Loroi attractive.. and apparently something familiar culture-wise in their history or legends. But it was difficult getting them to speak about it.

Sonni sighed, conjecturing the prurient thoughts the two Marines were pondering as she walked by catching the sight of the slight smiles on their expressions. Males! At least THAT was the same between the species!

As she entered one of the Doranzor 'Technicians' was waiting for her with her sidearm blaster to return to Sonni. She took the weapon... and checked its charge on habit before holstering it.

No words were needed to be spoken Sonnidezzi could feel Twilightsaber's insistent mental attention seeking to communicate with her.

Stormrage walked to Twilightsaber's room and entered.

She stood at attention and sanzai her readiness to converse, {I am Unsheathed, Always! What are your orders Twilightsaber?}

[P96]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Last edited by sunphoenix on Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.



Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:29 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 746
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
{Just a small post today, did not want to keep you waiting any longer.}

{I am Unsheathed, Always! What are your orders Twilightsaber?}

Sonni saw Twilightsaber sitting at the small table in her room, holding a cup of hot brewage with one hand. Another such cup and a pot of hot water stood on the table, as well as a box with something that looked like small, black dried leaves in it. They had a strange, aromatic scent and she noticed a small silvery spoon in the same box. The Mizol pointet on the other chair on the table.

{"Have a seat, unsheathed. You might want to sample some of that human drink called "earl grey", it is some kind of tea, the human captain is very fond of..."}
She waited till she had sat down, studied her reactions to the strange drink and continued after a while in an almost whisper like and very gentle sanzai.
{"...I thought we should discuss the next things in private. I hope you do not mind."}

She drank a bit from that human drink and looked her in the eyes.
{"You know how dangerous that "thing" is, the humans have found? We can not tollerate such experiments and we can not allow them to fall in foreign hands, even if they are those of our new found friends. The orders in such a case are clear: destroy it, before it can cause more damage."}

Twilightsaber made a pause, studying every of her reactions, both visual an telepathic.
{"The thing is: I am not sure if killing it now is the right move. The humans might not like that, even if they are our orders. But, as you have spent more... Private time... With humans and her, what do you think? How might the humans react if we kill it? Is it a threat to us or this ship? Can you keep it under controll?"}

The Mizol was still looking at her, with a smile on her face and suddenly the room felt much colder than before.

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:11 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 939
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Sonni walked to the offered chair her mind forming a suitably polite emotional 'hue' of gratitude for the offer of a refreshment.. but not a fully formed thought of thanks.. it was subtly implied. But that fact spoke volumes to the intelligence gathering training of a Mizol Caste. Her reluctance to mentally fully form thoughts... choosing to merely 'hue' her responses in emotional replies showed a reluctance to open her mind fully.. as Sonni's mind shield's were clearly still at full strength concealing her deep feelings~ potentially meaning she was already aware of what the Mizol wanted to discus and had already formed her own emotional opinions on the matter.. emotional opinions she preferred to keep ... unsanzied until forced to do so. Clearly Stormrage was apprehensive.. though she showed no outward appearance... thoughts and emotions ...rarely lie.

Stormrage sat and picked up the cup of tea.. smelling it curiously before sipping it experimentally...

She spoke in trade, another sign of her nervousness to be fully open just yet, "...you're right.. it~ the earlgrey-tea, seems... unique and strangely wholesome."

Suederwind wrote:
{"...I thought we should discuss the next things in private. I hope you do not mind."}


She was silent for a few moments, not long enough to be impolite.. but clearly pondering the Mizol's thoughts carefully, before sanzaing a reply, {"Yes. Private would seem... prudent."}

Suederwind wrote:
{"You know how dangerous that "thing" is, the humans have found? We can not tolerate such experiments and we can not allow them to fall in foreign hands, even if they are those of our new found friends. The orders in such a case are clear: destroy it, before it can cause more damage."}


Stormrage could not help but everso slightly blanch as the Mizol met her eyes and went straight to the point... clearly having completely read her without touching her mind in the slightest.

{Am I THAT Easy to Read?}, she pondered.

Sonnidezzi's mind shields buckled in the equivalent of a mental blush, but the ruthlessness sentiment of the Mizol's thought's pricked her conscience... which is clearly why the Mizol choose them specifically of course...

She replied with a petulant emotional undertone of the~ infamous Stormrage defiant streak, {"SHE... is a Loroi child.. her name 'Snow-White'! She has been terribly abused and tortured.. but she is NOT a blank... she remembers~}

Then sudden realization of the most excellent simple bit of mental manipulation the Mizol... just used on her to get at her heart's true feelings on the matter~ Sonni retorted with an angry metal reply, {".. I am Well Aware of the Torrai Command's standing Orders!"}

Her thoughts were angry but her physical expression was pained, and the emotional undercurrent of her thoughts was deep affection and fear for "Snow-White's" safety. It occurred to Twilightsaber... Stormrage had never bore a child of her own.. an unusual oddity of her record considering her battle record and combat merits! Clearly Stormrage would have had earned access to a male several times.. and yet on record she had not availed herself of such.. instead she consistently requested redeployment to the front lines every time!

Suederwind wrote:
{"The thing is: I am not sure if killing it now is the right move. The humans might not like that, even if they are our orders. But, as you have spent more... Private time... With humans and her, what do you think? How might the humans react if we kill it? Is it a threat to us or this ship? Can you keep it under control?"}


At this point, Sonnidezzi actually physically blushed at the mention of 'private time'... and she mentally fought furiously to keep the emotions and memories of her intimate moments with Charlie from bleeding through her mental shields... how much she enjoyed the feel of his hot arms around her, how the feel his heartbeat racing against her bare chest excited her... of her passionate cries of joy in their lovemaking... Sonni was definitely NOT 'keeping it under control'~ all of it rushed to the surface of her thoughts and she hardened her mental shield to the maximum, she expected to little avail from the Twilightsaber's knowing expression!

Mizol were masters of mental manipulation and the double-meaning of Twilightsaber's thoughts... chosen specifically for the reaction they would incite in the usually stoic Teidar, frustrated and embarrassed Sonnidezzi the most at how easy it was to read and or manipulate her...

She replied somewhat sullenly, {"..I think the humans would react VERY badly my Mizol. From the reactions the Humans have had to Soroin Paset Sedoinelo, Yellow Sun's son - 'Amber Eyes'... children very precious... culturally to Humans. Considering, that it takes humans at least 12 to 16 standard years to reach even an undeveloped adult-hood unlike Loroi that reach physical maturity in 4 to 6 years.. it is not without reason. If we kill 'Snow-White' I believe it will severely hurt any future diplomatic negotiations with their superiors when they make their reports on these events. Humans.. though possessed of the Lotai.. culturally empathize easily with what they perceive to be 'similar sentient beings'. Their physcial similarity with us Loroi.. tends to make them project what they might expect a human to behave upon us due to our physical similarity... and this crew at least I do not think would likely kill a child of their race without some VERY immediately compelling reasons, and maybe even not then!"}

She grimaces slightly, {"As for 'Snow-White'.. being a danger to this ship... she has powerful psionic talents that are mostly untrained.. there is some hazard in that.. but what little I have seen of her psyche ... she has been traumatized and mentally scarred true.. but she has not been driven insane... and she has no sickness of the mind that twists her to psychopathic urges. There is no maliciousness in her heart."}

{"She trusts me, thinks of me as a replacement for her Listel Guardian Sapphire... I believe I can keep 'Snow-White' under control."}

[P97]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:04 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 746
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
OOC: This Post was made by Beliskner and me hope you like it and had a good start in the new year.


Meanwhile next to the icosahedron:



[So... what do you say about that?]

[Fascinating, while I can't be sure, I think it must be some kind of SINGULARITYBOX.]
Hadrid slowly crouched and inspected the object.

[Be carefull Commander. I wouldn't go much closer than this.][b]
Abramovic told him, as he wanted to cross the perimeter the beacons indicated.

[b][I am not sure what the effects on a human might be. Could be harmless, but its better to be cautious.]


[I heard about such things but mostly in 'science fiction sense'. Are you sure there is no radiation? Only gravity distortion?]

[Well... I have run some basic tests: No indication of radioactivity, x-rays, infrared or ultraviolet radiation. The are some weak magnetic fluctuations on the edge of that perimeter, but barely measurbly.]
He paused for a moment, thinking what to say next.
[But how do I say this? I have no idea about whats going on within that permeter. If I would trust the sensors alone and not my eyes, I would have to say that there is nothing.
No object, gravity anomalies, etc... They don't messure its mass or anything else thats within it. As if its not there at all.]

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:01 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 746
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
OOC: Ok guys, sometimes things get from bad to worse, so please don't mind that long delay. I hope it won't happen again anytime soon. A human part will follow soon.

For the Loroi:


Twilightsaber observed the nervous Stormrage. Watched every of her movements, the faintest emotional reactions and the slightest sanzai coming from her. It was not just something she did because of that meeting. She knew how dangerous an emotionaly unstable Teidar could be and remembered her instructors solemn warnings about that specific cast.

{"Yes. Private would seem... prudent."}

{Some privacey can be... brisk... from time to time. Won't you agree?}

She noticed how she blanched as her eyes met, after she sanzaied about the "thing" for the first time and noticed an emotional reaction. She tried to shield it from her, but with the telepathic powers of a Teidar, that was nearly impossible.

{"SHE... is a Loroi child.. her name 'Snow-White'! She has been terribly abused and tortured.. but she is NOT a blank... she remembers~} ...{".. I am Well Aware of the Torrai Command's standing Orders!"}


She had expected such a reaction. It was clear to her, that the "thing" had struck an emotional note in her, as the humans would say. From her personal data, Twilightsaber knew that she had not had a child, yet. Sonnidezzi had not taken the chance to mate with a male, not once. Which was very unusual. It was better to adress those matters carfully and give the Teidar a moment to come down again.

{You know why we call them "things"? They may have the body of a Loroi, our powers and abilities, but after the enemy had... transformed... them, they are nothing more than tools or puppets to do their biddings.}

After this she made a brief pause, to study Sonnis reactions and then continued befor she could answer.

{That "thing"... this "Snow-White" might have memories of her past, of her life as one of us. But you know for yourself, that it is sometimes better to end a life full of misery and pain, don't you?... And no, I am not telling you this as the ice cold Mizol cast member some think I might be, but as a mother.}

The next point was much more critical and dangerous. She knew of the time she had spent with that Human Marine and she had nothing againt her spending some time with a male. Nothing at all. But there are limitations and a Loroi Warrior had to be rational at all times. On the other hand, she knew that some Teidars lose the control over her powers in the ecstasis of mating. Something that could be very dangerous to the unfortionate male and she was hoping that Sonni could keep herself under controll...
Therefore, she had choosen her words very carfully. Sonnis physicals blushing and strong emotional reaction was proof, that she had understood her.

{"..I think the humans would react VERY badly my Mizol. From the reactions the Humans have had to Soroin Paset Sedoinelo, Yellow Sun's son - 'Amber Eyes'... children very precious... culturally to Humans. Considering, that it takes humans at least 12 to 16 standard years to reach even an undeveloped adult-hood unlike Loroi that reach physical maturity in 4 to 6 years.. it is not without reason. If we kill 'Snow-White' I believe it will severely hurt any future diplomatic negotiations with their superiors when they make their reports on these events. Humans.. though possessed of the Lotai.. culturally empathize easily with what they perceive to be 'similar sentient beings'. Their physcial similarity with us Loroi.. tends to make them project what they might expect a human to behave upon us due to our physical similarity... and this crew at least I do not think would likely kill a child of their race without some VERY immediately compelling reasons, and maybe even not then!"}

{I had expected such reactions, but a second oppinion in such matters is always helpful. The Humans indeed see us as something very similar to them, which is not surprising, thanks to our similarities, as you noted yourself. Basic things like emotions, bodylanguage, movents, etc... work on them as well as on us. Most important at the moment is, that we don't lose their trust. Thats why we should act very carefull if we have to kill that "thing".}

{"As for 'Snow-White'.. being a danger to this ship... she has powerful psionic talents that are mostly untrained.. there is some hazard in that.. but what little I have seen of her psyche ... she has been traumatized and mentally scarred true.. but she has not been driven insane... and she has no sickness of the mind that twists her to psychopathic urges. There is no maliciousness in her heart."}

{"She trusts me, thinks of me as a replacement for her Listel Guardian Sapphire... I believe I can keep 'Snow-White' under control."}


She paused for a moment, tried to think what to say next without offending her. It took her a moment to find the right words and the right tone to reply:

{If you can keep "i..." this "Snow-White" under control... fine. But if there is something going wrong, she loses it or is any kind of danger to this ship... You will have to kill her, before it is too late. Can we agree on this one? In the meantime try to train her, ease her pain and be there for her. I know this won't be easy, but always keep in mind how dangerous she is. There is a reason why we seperate such powerfull telepaths from the rest of her diral. You of all Loroi on this ship should understand that...}

Twilightsaber wasn't sure how she would react to this offer of her, but the next bit was as important:

{There is something else... something equaly as troubeling... The Humans have found something on that station. They have not yet understood what it is and they refused to let me take a look at it. Maybe you could offer some "assistance" and find out what it is? They called it the "icosahedron"...}

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:41 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 939
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Sonnidezzi carefully considered the Mizol's thoughts... and she could not argue with the cold efficiency. THE MISSION... was more important than 'Snow-White' and if her presence became a clear danger to its success... a 'merciful end' was the only practical gift ... and kindness Sonni could provide her.. though the thought sickened her to her heart. Sonni had been in many battles... killed many times.. seen many friends and foes slaughtered before her eyes in the heat of combat; but she had never harmed a child.. let alone killed one intentionally!

Teider Sezon that she was, she had never killed a non-combatant before she did not 'make-war' on civilians. But perhaps it was deeper than that? She had mothered no child of her own.. and to be placed in charge of caring for one.. opening her mind to the intimate contact one would only do with a child of their own... perhaps she was loosing her objectivity on the matter?

Sonni concealed her unease behind firm mind-shields but sanzied {If it comes down to the mission being jeopardized by 'Snow-White'.. I will deal with her as needed... if that includes a blaster shot to the head... I'll not let our mission fail!}

She was not sure even of her own resolve on the matter.. but she was certain that she would NOT let the mission fail... NOR let 'Snow-White' be killed~ if at all possible!

Sonni quirked her interest in her thoughts, {Icosahedron? Is it some Umiak technology they have seized? If it is Terran technology.. does it matter, they are so behind us in technical advances there is little we could learn from any of their obsolete technology, other than the curious novelty of it?}

[P 98]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:33 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.