Outside the forum studio (Behind the scenes)

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Jericho

Outside the forum studio (Behind the scenes)

Post by Jericho »

This is the topic we can use to discuss further how we wish for the interviews to take place and the format of the show.

It's pretty late for me so i have to get back to you guys tomorrow. Brainstorm if you like here.

When we are done and the interview have been finished by PM i will open a new thread that will be title Outside the forum studio (yes pun intended) where episode by episode will be posted.

See you guys later :D .
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through. General C.H Melchett commander of some unknown british regiment in the western front.

Jericho

Re: Outside the forum studio (Behind the scenes)

Post by Jericho »

Sorry about that :oops: I haven't made much progress on the interviewes mostly because i've been drunk most of the week since proposing the idea.

Either way i'm not certain who to interview first. Certain characters would be easier than others given the amount of posts a player have devoted to them.
But I don't feel good about PM people until i have confirmation that they are willing and recreating scenes with those characters is going to take time.

Allright here's a list of characters that i was planning to interview in order

Stormrage (the love-bird)

Charlie (The idealist)

Hadrid (The ever watchfull)

Softsapphire (the rock in the storm... he he he)

Roland (the challenger)

These are the ones i can think of from scratch. So i need help to complete the list and suggestions to the order and if someone on the list doesn't want to participate please state it here.
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through. General C.H Melchett commander of some unknown british regiment in the western front.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

But I don't feel good about PM people until i have confirmation that they are willing and recreating scenes with those characters is going to take time.
Ah, don't be shy! I still like the idea and I think most of the others do, too. Just send them a message and get going. :-)

Are you planing interviews with the NPCs, too?
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

I don't mind participating

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

"The ever watchfull" very fitting... :D
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

LOL! "Love-Bird"..haha... I'll have to keep that in mind not to overdo her emotions! :) Thats not exactly what I want to portray with her... but its cool.

Sure I'm in, was from the start... PM me all you want!
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Yeah, I'm ready.

Idealist, something I wrote, feels like I should be a hippie.
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus

Jericho

Post by Jericho »

Okay guys i'm going to ask the first questions tonight going by the list.

If you wonder Charlie the idealist was a title given to you thanks to that squabble with Hadrid simultaneously earning him the name ever watchfull.

Suederwind yes npc was planned in fact i'm keen on interviewing both blake and twilightsaber in that order.

Oh come on Sunphoenix every boat needs someone to rock it :lol: gives the adventure a different flavor.

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon »

Feel free to PM me I am looking forward to this idea :D

Challenger.... Like the sound of they...

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

Jericho wrote:Stormrage (the love-bird)

Charlie (The idealist)

Hadrid (The ever watchfull)

Softsapphire (the rock in the storm... he he he)

Roland (the challenger)

These are the ones I can think of from scratch. So I need help to complete the list, and suggestions to the order; and if someone on the list doesn't want to participate, please state it here.
What of Malidasaria?
Don't delay, join today!

Jericho

Post by Jericho »

CJ Miller wrote:What of Malidasaria?
Don't worry we'll include all who's willing. That was just an incomplete list.

Either way it may take some time to get around to you as i'm working on the interviewes one character at the time. But rest assure everyone is going to get sit in the guest chair if i get my way :D .

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Just to give you all a preview of what to expect.. here is the first interchange...
Jericho wrote: Either way here goes:

The Studio went silent as Balid made his entrance. His large frame overshadowing the human camera crew, many of them still trying to get a fix on his sheer size. For a barsam he was exceptionally large standing a staggering 2.7 meters tall. Still despite his terrifying posture this one was no more capable of harming anyone than he was of sitting in a human chair.

He had been fitted with a custom made human suit that allowed for his tail to show and given an enormous sofa steel reinforced and with extra padding to sit on next to him was a table with his mug and a smaller glass of water for his guest of the evening and on the far side a small chair fitting a human or loroi.

As the audience settled in, many sharp breaths were heard as this was the first time they’d seen a barsam or alien for that matter. Tickets for the show had sold out almost immediately and the opera house had no empty seat when it was time to begin. After being given the cue by the cameraman Balid cleared his throat.

-Good evening brother and sisters and welcome to the first episode of Inside the forum studio. I’m your proud host Balid Movir and tonight’s guest is a character that has become a bit of an icon in interplanetary relationships. A lone warrior whose prowess in battle is only matched by her hot temper and although few see it on the outside a much softer inside may wish to out herself tonight?

Born to Torrai Soshret Lomisonni her birth was marked by battle and she was quickly set to be a great warrior. As a young Loroi she showed competence and prowess thanks to her psychokinetic capabilities. As an adult she was awarded great honor as a survivor of the tragic loss of the Deathwing and its crew. She conducts herself with the integrity that comes from a lifetime of service but makes no apologies for her indiscriminate tastes. The latter may have given more enemies than friends during these trying times. But whether you like her or hate her you’ll learn to respect her.

It is my honor to welcome the one, the only, the love bird Teidar Sezon Sonnidezi!

[ooc: Balid Speech color code: 8080FF]

(Cue entrance)
Sonnidezi enters to the spot lights smiling brightly she is wearing a long white evening gown. It is longsleaved with a short cloak at her shoulders... mostly modest save for the provocative bare midriff of tight muscles. Her slender shapely figure is not concealed by the dress.. but is only reveled in tantilizing glimpses as she moves light footed across the stage. Her hair is worn long with silver ribbons securing it in a very fetching cascade of blonde hair to just above her mid-back. A pair of golden bracelets adorn her left arm and a set of crystal clear sandals laced up the calves of her bare legs. Her blue-hued skin sets it off nicely.. and she is wearing a touch of sparkly makeup on her cheeks. The natural Loroi flesh scent of fresh sea water is mingled with some purfume she is wearing adding a hint of sage to her aroma.. lightly touched with the barest hint of ozone {she's a little nervous}.

She is beauty in motion...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

She waves to the assembled audience smiling shyly and takes the human sized seat, and very lady-like crosses her legs at her ankles and greets her host...

"Thank you for inviting me 'Troubadour' Movir. I was so shocked that you would ask me to your show! I watch whenever I can... but being a Teidar you have so little time for simple entertainment... "

She turns to the cameras and smiles, waving.. "Hi Lomi! Hi Chaar-Lee!"
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Seeing the other Fanfic nice work by the way, I decided to post this unfinished piece we were working on. Jericho has not been here in some time and I felt it was time I posted this little interesting fanfic we were working on together, even though it is not complete. I'm not sure it will ever be complete.. Jericho said he was interested in interviewing all the characters of the game but never as far as I know got past Sonnidezi. So I'm posting it for everyone's amusement and potential enjoyment.

It is not complete and it might seem a bit oddly paced as its actually a RP post and counter post piece.. not really a story and not properly edited or proof-read. I don't want to ...alter Jericho's posts and misrepresent his thoughts and ideas so.. I posting it mostly raw and unrefined. The 'tence sometimes shifts from first person to third person-perfect... hard not two with two different people playing the roles of the two characters...

Enjoy, or at least get a good laugh! :)

-------

The Studio went silent as Balid made his entrance. His large frame overshadowing the human camera crew, many of them still trying to get a fix on his sheer size. For a barsam he was exceptionally large standing a staggering 2.7 meters tall. Still despite his terrifying posture this one was no more capable of harming anyone than he was of sitting in a human chair.

He had been fitted with a custom made human suit that allowed for his tail to show and given an enormous sofa steel reinforced and with extra padding to sit on next to him was a table with his mug and a smaller glass of water for his guest of the evening and on the far side a small chair fitting a human or loroi.

As the audience settled in, many sharp breaths were heard as this was the first time they’d seen a barsam or alien for that matter. Tickets for the show had sold out almost immediately and the opera house had no empty seat when it was time to begin. After being given the cue by the cameraman Balid cleared his throat.

”Good evening brother and sisters and welcome to the first episode of Inside the forum studio. Sending live from earth I’m your proud host Balid Movir and tonight’s guest is a character that has become a bit of an icon in interplanetary relationships. A lone warrior whose prowess in battle is only matched by her hot temper and although few see it on the outside a much softer inside may wish to out herself tonight.”

“Born to Torrai Soshret Lomisonni her birth was marked by battle and she was quickly set to be a great warrior. As a young Loroi she showed competence and prowess thanks to her psychokinetic capabilities. As an adult she was awarded great honor as a survivor of the tragic loss of the Deathwing and its crew. She conducts herself with the integrity that comes from a lifetime of service but makes no apologies for her indiscriminate tastes. The latter may have given more enemies than friends during these trying times. But whether you like her or hate her you’ll learn to respect her.”

“It is my honor to welcome the one, the only, the love bird Teidar Sezon Sonnidezi!”

(Cue entrance)

Sonnidezi enters to the spot lights smiling brightly she is wearing a long white evening gown. It is longsleaved with a short cloak at her shoulders... mostly modest save for the provocative bare midriff of tight muscles. Her slender shapely figure is not concealed by the dress.. but is only reveled in tantilizing glimpses as she moves light footed across the stage. Her hair is worn long with silver ribbons securing it in a very fetching cascade of blonde hair to just above her mid-back. A pair of golden bracelets adorn her left arm and a set of crystal clear sandals laced up the calves of her bare legs. Her blue-hued skin sets it off nicely.. and she is wearing a touch of sparkly makeup on her cheeks. The natural Loroi flesh scent of fresh sea water is mingled with some purfume she is wearing adding a hint of sage to her aroma.. lightly touched with the barest hint of ozone {she's a little nervous}.

Image Image

She is beauty in motion...

She waves to the assembled audience smiling shyly and takes the human sized seat, and very lady-like crosses her legs at her ankles and greets her host...

"Thank you for inviting me 'Troubadour' Movir. I was so shocked that you would ask me to your show! I watch whenever I can... but being a Teidar you have so little time for simple entertainment... "

She turns to the cameras and smiles, waving.. "Hi Lomi! Hi Chaar-Lee!"

As she walked down the spotlights the crowd went wild with sheers and applauds (and quite a few whistle’s from the males in the audience). Those not busy admiring her form was probably busy wishing they had her extravagant dress (and figure to make it look that good).

The massive barsam shined with glee when he learned that she was a fan of his show “Oh stop it you… the pleasure is all mine”, he squealed in delight as he waved his hand over his face to cover his blush.

"Which show would that be? The late weekly show or..."
He took a deep begrudging breath "Movir night?".

The poorly made pun on his name had been a source of his great fame in human entertainment but also one of the most irritating word jokes that never seemed to get old to the humans.

Sonni smiles, "Oh the Late Weekly show... we don't get much R&R time in fleet as you know so there is a considerable 'underground' of Tri-D digital copies of your shows circulating among the crewsisters. Usually a month or so out of date. Its not 'strictly' up to Regs.. but the Torrai 'Command' turn mostly a blind eye to "unsecured data" being watched as entertainment as long as we don't upload them to ship data systems and keep hem only on private data terms. Though I'm sure the idea of invading Fleet secure military data systems using talk-show recordings would not occur to the 'no-such-thing-as-personal-property' Umiak shells..."

"Troubadour!", Movir Bellowed in laughter, His voice is deep but soft. A low frequency sound gently tickling the eardrum.

Musing upon the idea that the umiak would take pieces of his show as sensitive military information greatly amuses him.

"Who knows maybe they'll be interested in my roast of Admiral Ramarinzil (Greywind) for their psychological warfare division.”
He joked and straightened himself.

Sonni smiles a little bashfully then chuckles at Movir's jest about Admiral Ramarinzil (Greywind) lifting her hand to try to hide the chuckle escaping her, but her eyes somewhat nervously. It seems that the Barsam had taken fully to the practice of humanti of poking fun at their leaders... but Torrai Command took a dim view at such impertinence in its officers especially. But she chuckled lightly and it was obvious to all she was trying not to laugh. Which made it all the more funny!

He then readjusted his seat as he turned towards her, "But where are my manners? Thank you for coming and welcome to Earth!"

He said and smiled warmly noticing that the small loroi was slightly on edge. “You know when I presented the idea for the show to my producers your name was first on the list of candidates” the creature stated sincerely hoping to reassure the slightly nervous loroi.

"Aheh, I'm sure your exaggerating, Movir... there are other Loroi of much more famous repute than me... FireBlade and Beryl I'm sure you've already interviewed!"

She self-consciously lowers her eyes to smooth her dress with her hands and only succeeds in parting the slit up the side tantalizingly revealing the cool blue flesh of her shapely dancer's legs. But with the angle of her posture with her feet crossed under her chair and Sonni sitting on the edge of her seat.. she does not notice what she has done and it stays that way.

The barsam bursted out laughing clearly surprised and amused at the o so humble loroi.

"Oh come on now Sonnidezi, you and i both know that modesty isn't suited for a loroi though it is a welcomed change. I said i put your name up first and i meant it!" the barsam assures her and reaches for some water in his oversized mug.

Although it’s not prudent to joke on the Loroi’s reputation as stuck up supremacist Sonnidezi's expression shifts to one of respectful regard of her barsam host.

And she nods sagaciously in respectful acknowledgement, "Well then, forgive my hasty assumption 'Troubadour' Balid Movir. I am very much so honored you would invite me first upon your show - thank you."

Her smile and the serious look in her eyes convey how indeed very honored she is to be held in such esteem.

"And as i'm sure you know, when contacting humanity your role was probably just as important as theirs in the bigger scheme of things"

His use of barsam philosophical mumbo jumbo is somewhat unconvincing.

Sonni - In response Sonni smiles knowingly and seemingly, somewhat, if not actually spoken her expression silently seems to agree with the philosophical undercurrent of her host's implied deeper meaning, "We shall see what destiny has to unfold for our collective races... but I am hopeful."

Perhaps there is the touch of the warrior poet or philosopher within the powerful Teidar's heart... she has seen and experienced enough war and loss to come to some understanding in her place in the larger scheme of things.

If one looked carefully one could almost see a tear forming in his eye. Few things matter to the barsam like philosophy and having someone take wisdom from his is a great honor. He quickly picks up his mug to drown his glee.

"(Cough) Besides i couldn't afford to pay their fees anyway (Cough)"

He turns his head away from her to pretend that she isn't able to hear her than back again like nothings happened.

Sonnidezi laughs at Morvi's antics openly and without restrained... it is a very endearing laugh she is truly amused at his jests...

She waits patientely as Movir clears his throat...

He cleared his throat once more, "Come on now straighten yourself up, show a little backbone" he adds, motioning for her to tug on her dress before some lecherous cameraman gets an all too personal picture of her.

Sonnidezi's eye's widen in embarrassment... and there is a sudden increase in the static electricity in the air about her... even Movir can feel it...

"Oh... pardon me! I'm a bit nervous coming on the show...excuse me..."

She stands and steps away from her chair slightly and twirls in two steps allowing her dress to right itself ... and it becomes obvious why the dress did not fall straight because their is a great amount of static cling to her clothing but as she twirls the fringe of her dress the sleeve and her hair arc a display of lightning as she electrokinetically stabilizes all the static she created waiting to be introduced on stage before when she was waiting in her nervousness. The effect is very lovely as lighting plays around edge of her dress and across her shapely body briefly in a dazzling display of power as she spins. There is no heat generated or any effect upon anyone present other than an electric taste in the air and a slight smell of ozone...

Sonni explains, "I sometimes build up a static charge with my electrokinesis when I'm apprehensive... I was very excited to be on your show when I was waiting off stage to be introduced... I seem to have been more nervous than I expected!"

When finished her dress hangs naturally no static cling anywhere...

Movir waits for the audience to calm down. it's a mixture of silent awe and applauds that greets her many have a hard time to grasp just how she did that. It was magical.

"Don’t worry child" he speaks like a mentor. There is no hint of disrespect in the title but rather understanding for her situation. Like that of a teacher to a disciple.

"We all remember our first time on the set" he humbly admits.

Still standing she turn her face to look at Morvir and smiles, her cheek's coloring slightly violet, "And speaking of Loroi pride... I have witnessed so many new things on earth and noticed they have much in the way of songs that they sing. It may come as some surprise that we Loroi sing as well but it is usually all in Sanzai... so I wanted to sing something for you and your audience that no non-Loroi has ever heard in words. It does not translate well in trade but...strangely enough English does a good approximation. It is very similar in purpose as what humaniti would call something of a national anthem for the Loroi... we don't per se use it that way but it is usually sanzaied among our crewsisters upon the launch of a newly commissioned cruiser."

She turns back the audience and sings switching to english...

"Oh the heavens is my sea,
the heaven is my Sea!"

"As I sail over the world so bright,
I will always FIGHT!"

"To protect my mother world,
To save our mother world..."

"As I leave and fly into the sky,
All my foes will DIE!"

"I am strong and ever will be brave,
Soia-Liron I will save!"

"I will die and turn to dust,
I WILL DIE IF I MUST..."

"But I'll save my world from every foe,
And I'll sing{sanzai} as I go!"

"Oh the wind of space is mine,
the heaven is my brine!"

"I will sail in outer space above,
See my world I love."

"I will save our beloved abode,
from each and every foe."

"I will fly upon this 'raft' of 'steel'
Danger I'll not fear!"

"As I fly into the endless sky,
I'll endure where danger lies."

"All alone I truly am,
I WILL FIGHT TO THE END!"

"But I'll save our world from every foe
and I'll sing {sanzai} as I go!"

"But I'll save our world from every foe
and I'll Sing {sanzai} As I GO!"

Her song finished she smiles and sits down in her chair crossing her legs somewhat seductively.

After hearing her song movir gets a puzzled expression "You know for a member of the unsheathed you have excellent verbal capabilities"

Straightening himself a loud cracking sound is heard from the wooden sofa “looks like I’m going to have to replace another of these damn human constructions, is it impossible for any species built furniture for the full sized life forms?” he thought irritably.

“How has it been for you on this world? This is your first visit isn’t it?”

He was barely able to ask the question before being interrupted by overenthusiastic males in the audience.

He simply chuckled as various whistle noises and a mixture of various compliments where voiced in chorus “how has the people been to you?” he added and nodded to the crowd to make the reference clear.

Sonni blushes slightly a pretty shade of violet.. the Loroi blood being blue, "OH Earth is beautiful.. such large Oceans of water! Earth's gravity is slightly less than what I'm use to.. but I'm adjusting. We Loroi also have an ancient tradition of seafarers and explorers its very endearing to find out that humaniti has such a similar love of ocean travel as well! We have so much in common.. its.. fascinating! Though.. er.. the human's fashions they wear at the beach are so revealing.. its a little shocking. I don't think I'll ever be completely comfortable wearing their...bikini.. style of clothing!"

"Well i don't think it's stated in law that you have to wear that" He says casually but is silenced by a collective hush noise coming from the audience. One member even adds "don't tell her".

"And the people are so kind and inviting.. they all wish to either speak with us or have their pictures recorded with us... humaniti is so... open socially... very touch oriented.. especially the males there are so many of them! A little unnerving for us Loroi as we are all touch telepaths. But the civilians have been so very sweet and friendly..."

"Hmm that’s odd i don't remember them being very touchy-feely with me but I’ll take your word for it", the barsam chuckled hinting that it may be special rules of conduct regarding attractive female human looking space warriors.

Sonnidezi leers at Morvir and comments obviously flirting, "Human's are just unfamiliar and shy with how lovable Barsam poets can be.. give them some more time! They don't know the Barsam 'Troubadours' like we Loroi do... "

"Regarding human males", he begins giving a clue on where this is going.

"You've been dubbed the love-bird of the cydonia mission regarding some extraterrestrial rumors involving you and a human marine. Care to comment?"

His smile grows wider as the whistleblowers in the audience do their part to add tension on the loroi.

Sonnidezi grins a touch lasciviously, "Well lets just say, we are in a healthy relationship... I feel giddy in his arms and he trembles when we kiss. It would be improprietous to say more than that in public..."

He chuckles as he straightens himself he gets cue from his cameraman and immediately states.

"Look at the time and we have barely begun the discussion" he says with a big smile "We going to cut for commercials and continue afterwards stay tuned brothers and sisters"

He finishes and turns towards Sonnidezi and idle converses as the screen fades to black.

During the short brake a lot of changes occur to the set. Furniture’s are replaced (or at least Movirs sofa) with new sturdier stuff. Cups and oversized mugs are refilled with water and crewmembers run along and give quick instructions on how to start the show after commercials.

Movir is seen talking to a voluptuous young human female wearing ordinary stage crew outfit. She runs over to Sonni and cheerfully begins to give instructions for how to proceed with the next part of the show. Clearly she is very enthusiastic about working with aliens considering her chirping voice and rapid speech.

“Hi I’m Jessica nice to meet you, I’m sorry I just had to introduce myself really excited. Look we’re going to begin with a horizontal audience shot but that camera to the right is going to be our main shoot later".

She says and point towards a camera that has a red light. “I’m only saying this because our censor manager called and asked us to remind you in case your dress gets charged up but just between you and me I think you look wicked".

She finishes and walks away. Movir sits down in his new sofa and sips from his mug, “we’re beginning in five” Jessica say and the light focuses on the set. The red light switches of and a blue light appears on the camera.

“Welcome back little siblings” Movir cheerfully greets.

“I’ve got with me today the lovely Sonnidezi and we’ll continue from where we left off”, he finishes and turns towards her.

“Define for us what a healthy relationship constitutes for a Loroi, I was led to believe you people didn’t enter relationships”.

He asks and leans forward. It’s actually quite astonishing how large he is even for a barsam. From the right angle it looks like he could eat her whole and his grin shows of those fearsome tombstones he calls teeth.

Sonnidezzi smiles gently, "Oh far from it! We Loroi have many fulfilling relationships... but as a Teidar... my caste is often on the front lines of combat. Having intimate closeness is a rarity for many soldiers. We are encouraged to have many relationships with our crewsisters to build our Union's cohesion and battle readiness. What is NOT encouraged is to be too closely attached to any one particular person. We are in a war for survival."

"Something of a... surprise to us Loroi about Humaniti is the amount of resources they devote to entertainment - even during warfare! It is also something of a... fascination how much of Humaniti's entertainment media is devoted to romantic relationships."

"We Loroi do not have a culture of such numerous romantic relationships... because of our gender balance. But with so many males in the space forces of Humaniti... there are many more potential relationships available. I'm sure it has not been lost on my crewsisters how surprisingly similar... and appealing humaniti is to our species and how similar and appealing we seem to be to Humaniti."

"So, having a particular human to share a romantic relationship with is possible. There are no societal availability constraints preventing such - attachments, other than our respective duties."

"As for 'healthy relationship'... we love each other based on mutual respect, friendship and admiration of each other as professional soldiers... we are both emotionally fulfilled and not demanding upon each other. And the sex is wonderful!"

At this point there is a slight violet coloring to her cheeks as her pretty emerald eyes take on a far away look of fond memories...

"...beyond that, politely, there is little more to say."

“Well I can hardly complain about humanities allocation of resources given my position”

The barsam chuckled slightly “but I too must confess my confusion with human portrayal of their mating rituals”.

Straightening himself he picks up an Ipad the size of a TV and drags his finger across it. “You come from a strong military background like many loroi. But you have a little more of a story there don’t you?”.

"Well, I was born on Deinar... I remember very little of it... I was really young but I was raised on Maia with my Clan's Warrior Society - 'Sun Sirens'. I was something of a wild-child in my youth. In earth terms... I was a 'country girl'. I would run wild and naked - mostly, across the rolling hills of Sa'a grass plains of Maia in my childhood... when not training with my battlemaster and cadresisters. I loved to lie beneath the open clear skies as the winds and grasses caressed my bar flanks and ticked my toes. I sometimes miss those more... 'simple' times... before join my Caste as a Teidar and joining the war effort."

The moment bare flanks are mentioned sharp whistle noises flood the room. the barsam looks up somewhat irritated, "Damn ventilation i thought we had it fixed by now".

She smiles somberly... fond memories flashing across her expression.

"But as for the war there is little to tell. I have fought The Enemy in close combat on Tanima-3 to establish a supply line depots to the raider fleets during the Maiad Campaigns of 2158. Lost friends even the famed Barsam troubadour-cleric 'battle-field chaplain' Ahmin-Ka Rey'hram. Though I did not know how famous he was at the time. He died in my arms... his loss is still painful."

...her voice trails off slightly.

"I have survived the floundering of the Loroi Union flag Crusier 'Deathwind'... one of the few survivors... loosing my entire Cadresisters of my Clan... I am the last 'Sun Siren' of Clan Cadre 2141."

Sonnidezzi's expression in controlled... but obviously pained by memories

"...and of course, I was under the Command of Torrai Lashret Dellasoni (Stillstorm), captain of "Tempest" and commander of Strike Group 51 the Loroi fast-attack fleet that recovered 'Captain' Alexander Jardin."

She smiles sadly but it is a wolfish grin and there is the coldness of an experienced warrior in her pretty emerald eyes briefly...

"So there have been ups and many downs... what is the human saying...?"

Her voice... now strangely soft and haunting, 'War is Hell.'

The barsam smiles fondly on the young loroi "Indeed it is. Altough i'm sorry for your loss it does my heart good to see you've learned from it for the better".

The barsam words shines with a sense of hope for the future perhaps this new generetion of loroi will be the first to embrace new philosophies of ruling. Well a barsam can hope. He had seen many wariors consumed by loss and embracing bigotry and xenophobia as their motto.

Clearing his throat he proceeds, "Now if you would describe yourself as a person what would you call yourself, because i have been hearing some rather loose rumors regarding you, care to comment?"

He says with his hand wiving around as if it's just gossip but his smirk says oh yes we're going there now spill it.

Sonni smiles at Movir's... not-so-innocent question, "I would describe myself as... driven and passionately dangerous. As for rumors, which I won't repeat or give any validity to, I am a loyal Loroi Teider... who believes warfare should not disqualify a soldier from experiencing love. An opinion of mine that... many in Torrai Command do not share!"

And in a show of pure defiance she faces the camera and stares at the lens her gaze unyielding, her eyes an intense, determined and smouldering emerald fire! A look meant... for no one present...

Tough it is not in his nature to let such juicy gossip go unspread he leaves it be, ”Interesting… Your mother is Soshret Lomisonni is she not?... What could you tell us about her from your perspective?”

Sonni pauses... her gaze drawn to the cameras.

Emotions shift across her lovely face... pain, embarrassment, anger, and... perhaps hope.

"Soshret Lomisonni, my mother, is nothing short of being one of the greatest strategic and tactical geniuses the Loroi-Soia has ever been gifted with by our ancestors. Her tactical acumen and strategies are taught to all Loroi military castes. She has served with distinction and unfailing victory in every military operation she has been deployed in... and she is a personal consultant of the Emperor and the Diadem Council. I try to strive every day of my existence to make her proud of my achievements."

"But, she is an inattentive mother. I wish she would take more interest in my attempts to gain her favor, attention... and respect."

The expression on her face is one of sorrow… a hidden pain.

Balid winced a little at her sad expression. He wished he could tell her that her mother probably holds her in higher regard but sadly he has met her and has made a few comparisons between her and liquid hydrogen.

Knowing better than to comment on the admiral's personality he quickly moves on, "But having such a heritage would you say that you had an easier time or harder growing up, academically speaking you've had to have a lot of pressure on you"
He leans to grab his mug again for another sip.

Sonni considers the question a few moments, "Well... short answer yes. You must understand, as a child I was more familiar with my Warrior Society's history and great heroes more than my mother. I simply spent much more time among .. my cadresisters than with my mother or my father... who I have only meet perhaps 5 or so times. I know very little of my father save her is a very respected astronomer and from a prestigious and well-breed line of powerful and skilled Farseers. I learned of my mothers exploits and her fame as a tactician when I was finally sent to my war-college when my childhood aptitudes showed my best caste was determined to be Teidar due to my... significant psychokinetic talents and combat scores."

"But living up to my mother's reputation... she was Teidar as well... but she earned the right to switch castes to Torrai Command caste due to her even more significant tactical and command skills... "

"Yes it has been hard... I am not the soldier my mother is... and I'm constantly compared to her achievements. It has been... very daunting. Even small lapses in judgement and... er habits from the strict uniform code... seem to be even moreso weighted against me as a sign of inadequacy."

"My superiors seem to expect so much out of me... it is difficult some times to be so... closely scrutinized for short-comings."

The lovely Loroi woman's expression is one of frustration... but not resignation.

"I have for some time now decided to be my own Loroi Warrior... I am not my mother, and I let my superiors know this... in no vague terms."

She chuckles in self-amusement, "Which is probably why I'm a relatively low rank despite my vast psionic power and field results. I push the issue of being my own person and not what is expected of me. But.. my record speaks for itself... flaws and successes!"

She smiles a somewhat grim but self-satisfied expression...

{The End thus far...}
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

This is a compile of all that we posted back and forth of the interview exchange between Jericho and I. Most of it is new and it was here in our PM's back and forth that I first posted Sonnidezzi's song. I only posted at all in the actual Cydonia Rising IC thread when a situation presented itself that might be dramatically appropriate ... and cool! :)
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

It would've been nice for all of them to be finished, unfortunate I guess.
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus